Bristol Palin says abstinence best pa...

Bristol Palin says abstinence best path for teens

There are 2658 comments on the TwinCities.com story from May 6, 2009, titled Bristol Palin says abstinence best path for teens. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Unwed mother Bristol Palin says abstinence is a realistic way for teens to avoid unwanted pregnancy and says if she could do it all over again, she would've waited to have sex.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 133
Next Last
My 2 Cents

Connellsville, PA

#1 May 6, 2009
"The kettle is black!" said the pot.
So Typical

Las Cruces, NM

#2 May 6, 2009
Bristol Palin, an uneducated high school drop-out who is also an unwed teen mother who didn't abstain or use a condom and who lives in the governor's mansion at the taxpayers' expense, says that abstinence is the best path for teens like herself.

Ms. Palin, you are a typical "family values conservative", a total hypocritical weasel.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Sarah D

Saint Paul, MN

#3 May 6, 2009
Too bad she didn't listen to her own advice.
wtf

Saint Paul, MN

#4 May 6, 2009
Bristol Palin says abstinence best path for teens.

Then you should have practiced what you preach. LOL
Sabrina

Bayonne, NJ

#5 May 6, 2009
They are trying to make it like a normal thing to do. having a baby with no father, no high school diploma, no job, and a teenager whose parents should be a model citizens holding a public office. That's a shame that they are representing this country. This is outrageous...!
Minor Detail

Saint Paul, MN

#6 May 6, 2009
My, my...how judgemental you three perfect people seem to be! And SURELY none of you have done anything that you regret! What is it like living in your world...I would imagine quite frustrating living with us mere mortals.
Sabrina

Bayonne, NJ

#7 May 6, 2009
This is the best the Republican Party can come up with a family with no morals....!

“Puppet At State Fair”

Since: Mar 09

Nowthen, MN

#8 May 6, 2009
If only Granny Sarah Palin had paid enough attention when boyfriend was having a "sleepover," Bristol wouldn't have gotten knocked up.

Didn't Sarah wonder a bit when Levi would show up at the Palin family breakfast table with his hair uncombed and wearing the same clothes he had on the night before. Sarah must have been too busy watching Russia from the kitchen window.
Sabrina

Bayonne, NJ

#9 May 6, 2009
The Palin's family it's a disgrace, a low lives, and trash all around...!

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#10 May 6, 2009
Judge not, lest ye be judged. If they're trailer trash, how did the family get into the governor's mansion? Doesn't sound like trailer trash to me. Prove that you're better before you start disparaging others.
Minor Detail

Saint Paul, MN

#11 May 6, 2009
Ah...I guess you people would prefer that this young woman lived in a dump and was already on welfare pumping out a bunch more kids that we ALL have to pay for.
I hope you all haven't forgotten Al Gore's idiot son (DWI, drugs, etc)...oh wait...or was that the Kennedy's..no wait the Kennedy family can also include driving a young woman in to the water and letting her drown. Yeah...good people all around folks!
Hot Soup

Bayonne, NJ

#12 May 6, 2009
What a hypocrite just like her mother, Sarah Palin say "do what I say but not what I do"...!
Sarah D

Saint Paul, MN

#13 May 6, 2009
Minor Detail wrote:
My, my...how judgemental you three perfect people seem to be! And SURELY none of you have done anything that you regret! What is it like living in your world...I would imagine quite frustrating living with us mere mortals.
Well I'll tell you one thing, when I was a teenager I DID abstain. That's why I never was a teenager with a baby.

Of course abstinence is the best form of birth control. But it is a bit much having this being preached by someone who clearly didn't abstain herself. If she hadn't gotten pregnant she probably would still be having sex.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#14 May 6, 2009
Maybe Bristol has learned the hard way, like many teens do.

Teens are not responsible enough to have sex. They are educated on birth control and are able to get it. Some just do not listen and many are unprepared for that committment.

Abstinence is the only way to prevent an unwanted pregnancy and should be encouraged by parents and schools.
Minor Detail

Saint Paul, MN

#16 May 6, 2009
Talk about hypocrites...read my previous post.
You people gotta pull it together...you're unglued over this!!
No Justice

Alexandria, MN

#17 May 6, 2009
What a radiant young woman! and look at the libs go crazy! the limo lib children all abort their babies and the urban libs have 6 before they are 18 and suck tax payer nipples for their entire life.

Congrats to Bristol for at least trying to send a message of wait until you can handle a child.
Stamford Resident

Stamford, CT

#19 May 6, 2009
I agree that abstinence is the best way to prevent pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases. However, let's be realistic - teens don't always listen (and they haven't forever!). ALL aspects of birth control should be taught and made available. Again, teens don't always listen. Hello Bristol & Levi.

The one point I will make is Bristol Palin does NOT represent the average teen unwed mother. She does not come from a broken home, her parents are supporting her and she doesn't have to go out and find a job to support her child. She was the poster child for the Republican party, given nice clothes and traveled all over the US.

What the media should be covering are those mothers who are truly struggling with life choices. Those are the girls that should be preaching abstinence and birth control.
Sarah D

Saint Paul, MN

#20 May 6, 2009
Hiker2009 wrote:
Maybe Bristol has learned the hard way, like many teens do.
Teens are not responsible enough to have sex. They are educated on birth control and are able to get it. Some just do not listen and many are unprepared for that committment.
Abstinence is the only way to prevent an unwanted pregnancy and should be encouraged by parents and schools.
And I totally agree. It should be encouraged. A way to show teenagers just how much an unwanted pregnancy can upset their plans for their life is to get one of those dolls that can cry and wet and demand attention and then have the teenager take care of that doll for say a month as if it were a real baby.

That is, they can't just put it down when they want to go to the mall or want to go out on a date, they have to either find a babysitter or just stay home.

If teenagers learn what it is like in reality they might be more motivated to make sure that no unwanted pregnancy takes place. Right now too many girls have a romanticized idea of what motherhood is like.

And they need to learn that any boy who demands sex from them is not worth their time. Boys in turn need to learn that "scoring" does not make them a man and any of their peers who pressure them to do so aren't worth their time either.

“Puppet At State Fair”

Since: Mar 09

Nowthen, MN

#21 May 6, 2009
Minor Detail wrote:
Ah...I guess you people would prefer that this young woman lived in a dump and was already on welfare pumping out a bunch more kids that we ALL have to pay for.
Uh, she is on welfare if she's living in the Governor's mansion. As for the Palin's household being a "dump," I guess reality is in the eyes of the beholder. I hope Bristol's child is having fun playing with his 22 month-old Uncle.
Semi-literate

United States

#23 May 6, 2009
Why can't we let the Palins fall back into the deep obscurity they so rightfully deserve?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 133
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Cruz Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Unsolved homicide in Live Oak 15 years ago cont... (Apr '08) 1 min Guy 17
News Santa Cruz rents drop to pre-2007 levels, but s... (Jan '10) 21 hr Beatrice 85
News Woman, 70, whacks intruder in head with sauce pan (Feb '09) Aug 15 Sherwin Nelson 3
News Street Smarts: Capitola traffic cam catches the... (Jul '10) Aug 13 1962 grand prix 35
News Twenty years later, former Santa Cruz mayor get... (Jul '08) Aug 2 is he american 53
News Santa Cruz body shop owner charged with defraud... Jul 25 Foxfur 1
News ICE agents arrest 52 in Santa Cruz, Monterey co... Jul 23 Karma 9

Santa Cruz Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Santa Cruz Mortgages