TBSC Turning SC into a Magnet for Drunks

TBSC Turning SC into a Magnet for Drunks

Posted in the Santa Cruz Forum

RNJ

San Jose, CA

#1 Oct 9, 2013
http://www.niaaa.nih.gov/alcohol-health/alcoh...
Alcohol's Effects on the Body
Drinking too much – on a single occasion or over time – can take a serious toll on your health. Here’s how alcohol can affect your body:
Brain:
Alcohol interferes with the brain’s communication pathways, and can affect the way the brain looks and works. These disruptions can change mood and behavior, and make it harder to think clearly and move with coordination.
Heart:
Drinking a lot over a long time or too much on a single occasion can damage the heart, causing problems including:
Cardiomyopathy – Stretching and drooping of heart muscle
Arrhythmias – Irregular heart beat
Stroke
High blood pressure
Research also shows that drinking moderate amounts of alcohol may protect healthy adults from developing coronary heart disease.
Liver:
Heavy drinking takes a toll on the liver, and can lead to a variety of problems and liver inflammations including:
Steatosis, or fatty liver
Alcoholic hepatitis
Fibrosis
Cirrhosis
Pancreas:
Alcohol causes the pancreas to produce toxic substances that can eventually lead to pancreatitis, a dangerous inflammation and swelling of the blood vessels in the pancreas that prevents proper digestion.
Cancer:
Drinking too much alcohol can increase your risk of developing certain cancers, including cancers of the:
Mouth
Esophagus
Throat
Liver
Breast
Immune System:
Drinking too much can weaken your immune system, making your body a much easier target for disease. Chronic drinkers are more liable to contract diseases like pneumonia and tuberculosis than people who do not drink too much. Drinking a lot on a single occasion slows your body’s ability to ward off infections – even up to 24 hours after getting drunk.
Learn more about alcohol’s effects on the body.
DAMM

Santa Cruz, CA

#2 Oct 9, 2013
RNJ wrote:
http://www.niaaa.nih.gov/alcoh ol-health/alcohols-effects-bod y
Hey Pat, I find it it ironic that someone like you who so criticizes alcohol and drug use and rattles off some side effects has some very significant and debilitating health problems of your own due to your personal lifestyle choices. Even the most brain damaged drunk can display more logic on the internets than you and your sick brother (and can breathe a hell of a lot better too!)

Signed, DAMM- Drunks Against MADD Mothers
Woofs skank RNJ

San Jose, CA

#3 Oct 9, 2013
BAWAAAAAAHAAAA I'm off to the bar to make my rent and nightly boooze
DAMM

Santa Cruz, CA

#4 Oct 9, 2013
Woofs skank RNJ wrote:
BAWAAAAAAHAAAA I'm off to the bar to make my rent and nightly boooze
At least your have delusions of earning a living compared to your brother's decided lack of employment history or progress despite boasting of his PhD.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Cruz Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Outsourcing Torture 5 hr Sam 2
Al Gore Tue AlG 2
News Soquel mass murderer John Linley Frazier will a... (Nov '08) May 9 cid2357 24
News Dr. Glenn Harper, a neurosurgeon returning to T... (Oct '10) Apr '18 richard 9
News Dan Harper: Growing old is not for the faint of... (Aug '08) Mar '18 Curious Cat 11
News Michael McClish charged with murder of Joanna "... (May '08) Mar '18 yidfellas v USA 397
News Oscar Rios' Accusers Speak, As He Resigns Mar '18 Guadalupe 5

Santa Cruz Jobs

Personal Finance

Santa Cruz Mortgages