Allen Bushnell, Fish Rap: Steelhead f...

Allen Bushnell, Fish Rap: Steelhead fishing strong along the Eel River

There are 4 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Feb 28, 2014, titled Allen Bushnell, Fish Rap: Steelhead fishing strong along the Eel River. In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

It may be too little and too late, but this week's rainstorm brought at least some relief to our parched countryside and provided increased flows in our river systems for spawning steelhead.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

jeffry helms

Daly City, CA

#1 Feb 28, 2014
Screw the Eel or Mad river's-way too burnt out--the elk river in downtown eureka is way better fishing(king city-90 pounders) and not as crowded--the Mad river is so bad, the only thing you'll catch is someone else's lure.
jeffry helms

Daly City, CA

#2 Feb 28, 2014
jeffry helms

Daly City, CA

#3 Feb 28, 2014
The very worst place to shore fish for salmon etc.---is ship creek in downtown anchorage alaska---it was so bad, I could not squeeze in a elbow to cast!!, There is no way the fish could have gotten though without being snagged.
jeffry helms

Hayward, CA

#4 Feb 28, 2014
Does anyone remember the name of that spring river that rises right out of a cave with the 40+ pound brown trout in modoc county that's catch and release? I think its right outside altura's?? I can't remember it. That's the best fishing spot I ever seen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Cruz Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Occupy 2 summoned 18 min But Jeffie 10
FAT Pat has replaced FAT BJ. 1 hr Woof 19
Did FAT Pat get evicted yet? 2 hr Woof 3
Another Bumfest failure. (Sep '15) 2 hr WooF 126
ColbyLoon slapped down yet again... 4 hr Woof 3
Why does Robert Kahnjob exploit FAT deranged PIGS (Jun '15) Fri Evicted again 58
FAT Pat should get a job at Chubbyland (Jun '15) Thu Woof 16
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Santa Cruz Mortgages