California seeks to ban free, single-use carryout bags in retail

Jun 5, 2010 Full story: Chain Store Age 5,117

New York City The California State Assembly on Wednesday narrowly approved a bill would make California the first state in the nation to ban single-use plastic and paper bags from being handed out free of charge at supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores and liquor stores.

Full Story
Rancho Navarre

Hemet, CA

#5478 May 28, 2014
Nardos wrote:
Got anymore plastic bags ? I'm running out today.
I have an air-sick bag that might fit over your pinhead.
Sgt Peppers

Gardnerville, NV

#5479 May 28, 2014
The Covina Corksoaker is a degraded and depraved baggy old hag. Hey, I just wrote a Haiku.
Rancho Navarre

Hemet, CA

#5480 May 28, 2014
LMDAO! The hagg has the baggs - GET HER!
Shopping Bags

San Francisco, CA

#5481 May 28, 2014
They're on the shelf above the dryer.
Stairs

Covina, CA

#5482 May 28, 2014
No don't you remember that room was moved across the court yard at the other end of the house and up stairs. Use the elevator it's faster than the stairs.
Lonnie

Torrance, CA

#5483 May 29, 2014
This is just silly
Smooth Move

San Francisco, CA

#5484 May 29, 2014
I said the same thing when I lived in Torrance.
Naushish

Covina, CA

#5485 May 29, 2014
Glendora, California doesn't care that the rest of the state of California has a water problem nor the rest of the country for that matter. The city has allowed 9,360,000 per year to wash down it's gutters and into concrete flood control channels. Of course the reader has to understand this only ONE of many "water wasters" the city of Glendora has allowed to continues this practice for years unaffected or asked to stop.

Glendora currently is in a Stage 1 water drought alert with water usage rules in effect, they should be in a Stage 2 to reflect the reality of Southern California and California as a whole. By declaring a Stage 2 water usage restriction alert they might have to stop their grand building plans numbering over 450 apartment, condos and houses in motion to be built thus putting a further strain on water supplies.

City council members, city manager, city department heads and city attorney all do not care one eye oat ta, being that they are 1% and the cost of the water means nothing to them at all, besides they have purchased more water from resources outside the city limits. Even a board member of Three Valley Water doesn't care either, Ex-city council member and Mayor Bob Kuhn - he just laughs the issue away.

Of course Bob Kuhn was removed from elected office after he incurred a fine of $2.0 million dollars against the city, the tax payers had to pay for his illegal actions.

Judy Nelson
Joseph Santoro
Gene Murabito
Karen Davis
Douglas Tessitor

Chris Jeffers

Jeff Kugel

Dave Daves

La Shawn Butler

Valerie Escalante

D. Wayne Leech

So while other cities worry Glendora officials allow water waster to walk away free and punish little old ladies and men who are living on fixed incomes.
Grapevine

Paradise, CA

#5486 May 30, 2014
Since 2005, Israel has opened four desalination plants, with a fifth set to go online later this year. Roughly 35 percent of Israel's drinking-quality water now comes from desalination. That number is expected to exceed 40 percent by next year and hit 70 percent in 2050.
http://news.yahoo.com/israel-solves-water-woe...
Junk piling

Covina, CA

#5487 May 30, 2014
Junk piling is common political trick used in retaliation for those got whipped.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#5488 May 30, 2014
I always offer double bagging.

What's not to love about global warming?
Junk Piling

Covina, CA

#5489 May 30, 2014
Junk piling is quite common and used as political trick used in retaliation for those got whipped.
Smooth Move

San Francisco, CA

#5490 Jun 1, 2014
But did you dig it up and cover it with Cool Whip?
Bag lady

Aurora, CO

#5491 Jun 1, 2014
Nardos wrote:
Got anymore plastic bags ? I'm running out today.
I got bagz but you cant have the ones under my eyes
Piling Junk

Covina, CA

#5492 Jun 1, 2014
Keep letting those stupid RNC, GOP, Republican - tea baggers spend and spin their wheels - no one in California wants any of the idiots near the state capital.
Steven

San Jose, CA

#5493 Jun 1, 2014
California is going into the ocean
music

Covina, CA

#5494 Jun 1, 2014
Look at all those - tea bagger doubters out there
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#5496 Jun 17, 2014
Ever the clever ones, the Africans have found new uses for "reusable" Lowenthal harassment tax carry bags. Identified as "youth", and "young people", by Government "news" these "children" are arming themselves with Lowenthal bags and then swarming retail stores. The "kids" then fill their Lowenthal bags before beating a hasty retreat - taking care to bypass the check-out counter as they leave. This apparently is being done in response to 400 years of enslavement.

Here is a link to a televised video report showing these freedom fighters in action. The story was linked to by Drudge.

Source: http://tinyurl.com/ngfn4o9

Ronald
sjoan

Solana Beach, CA

#5497 Jun 17, 2014
Ban single bag use of plastic bags is ridiculous! My city has banned them and customers have to pay .10 cents for paper bags which does not go to the store. I absolutely refuse to pay for a bag when I am the one shopping in that store. I go to another supermarket 3 miles (same supermarket but in different area) to avoid this. Yes, I'm hardheaded. What I don't understand is the use of the so-called one time use bag in the store itself.
I'm referring to plastic bags used to hold your meats, vegetables, fruits and other items. What about those?
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#5498 Jun 17, 2014
sjoan wrote:
Ban single bag use of plastic bags is ridiculous! My city has banned them and customers have to pay .10 cents for paper bags which does not go to the store. I absolutely refuse to pay for a bag when I am the one shopping in that store. I go to another supermarket 3 miles (same supermarket but in different area) to avoid this. Yes, I'm hardheaded. What I don't understand is the use of the so-called one time use bag in the store itself.
I'm referring to plastic bags used to hold your meats, vegetables, fruits and other items. What about those?
sjoan.

Ever since the 60s 70s era revolutionaries came to power, no one has ever accused them of being consistent. Incidentally, by virtue of Long Beach being home to one of the most radical of the incredibly expensive taxpayer supported Government universities it is the center of revolutionary activism. The city's "double dipping" activists hope to bring under Government control the "freedom of choice" you now have to patronize grocery stores that provide the simple convenience of free grocery carry bags. These radicals want to impose the Lowenthal harassment tax on all California residents who do not use expensive taxpayer provided food stamps.

Ronald

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Cruz Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Aryan Nations recruiting again in northern Idaho (Apr '09) 4 hr Jesus 335
Is the person who wrote this nuts? 14 hr John Colby 11
Archive for Jim Spring posts (Dec '13) 14 hr John Colby 877
cfabsc (Jan '14) 14 hr John Colby 585
Cyberbullying to sexting: Santa Cruz class an '... 16 hr DBS 29
DBS and the Chanukah House (Dec '13) 16 hr DBS 20
Petaluma man arrested as suspect in Santa Cruz ... 20 hr homeless person 10
Santa Cruz Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web