California seeks to ban free, single-use carryout bags in retail

Jun 5, 2010 Full story: Chain Store Age 5,084

New York City The California State Assembly on Wednesday narrowly approved a bill would make California the first state in the nation to ban single-use plastic and paper bags from being handed out free of charge at supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores and liquor stores.

Full Story
Candy

Los Angeles, CA

#5255 Feb 18, 2014
Another crossdresser wrote:
Is it OK to cross dress?
Yes it fells great ! Freshly shaved legs, nylons, hi heels, open blouse, short skirt, make up , and long blonde hair, teasing all the boy,,,,,
the usual suspects

Sierra Madre, CA

#5256 Feb 19, 2014
The usual suspects, we will round them all up and take them down to the station, no caps.
Sliders

Winter Park, FL

#5257 Feb 21, 2014
The Guv has no right to tell people how to run their business, no matter what excuse they make.
the usual suspects

Sierra Madre, CA

#5258 Feb 21, 2014
The usual suspects, we will round them all up and take them down to the station, no caps, no periods either.
okkkkk

Kewanee, IL

#5259 Feb 23, 2014
Cool
the usual suspects

Sierra Madre, CA

#5260 Feb 23, 2014
The usual suspects, we will round them all up and take them down to the station, no caps, no periods either.

Now take AZ.
the usual suspects

Sierra Madre, CA

#5264 Feb 23, 2014
The usual suspects, we will round them all up and take them down to the station, no caps, no robes, no periods either.

Now take AZ it's full of crazy people, like Janet Brewer, the original bag lady. Who are the losing side with her brand of quackery.
Vigilante

California City, CA

#5265 Feb 24, 2014
Stacker

Sierra Madre, CA

#5268 Feb 24, 2014
Just stack it higher on another shelf
common sense

Pebble Beach, CA

#5269 Feb 25, 2014
bravo finally a practical lead back to responsible consumerism and use of rational self restraint. it has to start somewhere.
everything else is bla bla bla

any arguments can goto SE Asia and see the results of plastic bags and lack of government involvement
Mission style

Sierra Madre, CA

#5270 Feb 25, 2014
What's all the rush for?
Robert Pullman

Sierra Madre, CA

#5274 Mar 1, 2014
Push or pull, just get there.
Right

Gilroy, CA

#5276 Mar 4, 2014
So... If the bags are bad.. outlaw them!
But don't try to tell me that if I pay for them there somenow OK
Headed over

Sierra Madre, CA

#5278 Mar 4, 2014
Just slip the bag over their heads.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#5279 Mar 5, 2014
I like the plastic bags retailers give for free. California sucks; freedom is more precious than air or water.
Supper time

Sierra Madre, CA

#5280 Mar 5, 2014
http://politix.topix.com/story/10753-monsanto...

And the EPA has recently allowed higher levels of it in the US from 200 ppm to 6,000 ppm - that's in the foods you would eat.
Ms_H

Mountain View, CA

#5281 Mar 5, 2014
I was in San Luis Obispo County in December, went to a convenience store and couldn't even get a bag. Went to the Walmart down past Pismo Breach and had to pay 50 cents a bag for reusable bags. Its already a law in that County!

Whenever I shop at Costco, in Visalia, I always take many reusable Costco and Smart & Final bags with me. The people putting the items in the cart aren't happy when you bring in your own bags to tote your groceries! They do there best to try and fit all the heavy items in one bag, making it almost impossible to get out of the cart once you get to your car. They sold them in the past but don't any longer. I guess it was too much work for the people that fills your cart after the checker!
Supper time

Sierra Madre, CA

#5282 Mar 5, 2014
Grab a bag of this stuff.

http://politix.topix.com/story/10753-monsanto ...

And the EPA has recently allowed higher levels of it in the US from 200 ppm to 6,000 ppm - that's in the foods you would eat.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#5283 Mar 5, 2014
Finally shit .-. I just did research for my class plastic and paper bags have their advantages but first paper bags are using trees and while plastic bags can be recycled it causes issues for the machinery. I think this is going to be a good start for bettering our environment.
Snarks donT care

Sierra Madre, CA

#5284 Mar 5, 2014
Snarks don't care.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Cruz Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 34 min big meech 16,010
Who got John Colby booted out of MGA (Dec '13) 6 hr DBS 28
Let's leave some more bait for the 3AM LOON (Mar '14) 6 hr DBS 59
Investors to build condos on empty lot in downt... 12 hr remembering 4
Take Back Santa Cruz keeps pressure on discarde... 22 hr anon329 5
About that troll Robin Jansen Mon Arkham Asylum 22
corruption in Capitola Mon DBS 4
Santa Cruz Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Santa Cruz Jobs

Santa Cruz People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE