California seeks to ban free, single-use carryout bags in retail

Jun 5, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chain Store Age

New York City The California State Assembly on Wednesday narrowly approved a bill would make California the first state in the nation to ban single-use plastic and paper bags from being handed out free of charge at supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores and liquor stores.

Comments (Page 218)

Showing posts 4,341 - 4,360 of4,554
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Flounders

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Been fishing lately?

“SHE WHO DARES WINS”

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

about time its killing our wild life
number 9

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Has a number 9 train passed by here lately today?
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Tazzie Pretty Dare wrote:
about time its killing our wild life
But it's what your stinking hippie parents wanted.
Number 9

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Isn't the number 9 running on time today or yesterday, odd or even days I think.
Jan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

We use cloth bags. Of course, I'm sure that washing them occasionally creates OTHER environmental problems potentially, and we'd be taken on by the "save the earth" crowd. But until that happens, we'll continue using our own reuseable bags.(At least cloth, if you give it a few centuries, will decompose on its own.)

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Jan wrote:
We use cloth bags. Of course, I'm sure that washing them occasionally creates OTHER environmental problems potentially, and we'd be taken on by the "save the earth" crowd. But until that happens, we'll continue using our own reuseable bags.(At least cloth, if you give it a few centuries, will decompose on its own.)
True, but can anyone win on this argument because reusing bags causes contamination and like you said washing them creates another problem.
Number 9

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

That number 9 train engine runs like a top.

“CAPS LOCK CAUSE CLIMATE CHANGE”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

The left hates the free in freedom and they hate tourism too. Why else let BART public employees strike?
Whattaluzer John

Boulder Creek, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

John Colby wrote:
If I owned a company that produced these single use carry out bags, I would sell it now, ahead of government action.
Peekaboo John!!
Whattaluzer John

Boulder Creek, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

the original curious cat wrote:
I agree with Colby. If I owned a company that produced these bags, I would sell my business immediately, ahead of government action.
Gotcha! LOL!!!!
Dorn

Ridgecrest, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

We reuse plastic bags for a number of things, and when they get holes in them we thake them to the recycling bin at the store they came from.
Number 9

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

The number 9 train engine will not be pulling any GOP, Republican and especially Tea Party filled rail cars.

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Dorn wrote:
We reuse plastic bags for a number of things, and when they get holes in them we thake them to the recycling bin at the store they came from.
Contamination.
Number 9

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

The number 9 was applied by hand and it was free hand art.
Sensible

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

If you want to charge for them then redeem them for an equal amount You'll go the way of the glass bottle and eliminate the trash issue. But this is a tax not a solution
The only trash that is really recyclable is trash with a value. That unfortunately, does not include the Lawmakers that spend their time trashing their constituents Youre supposed to work for us not around us. Wonder how many of you that voted for this " piece of legislation " (being kind) head off to the super market carrying your reusable cloth bags LOL.
Koch

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

At the same time, right-wing attacks on Obamacare have reached a new level of perversity.

Generation Opportunity a front group for the Koch Brothers has launched a propaganda campaign aimed at convincing young people to opt out of the new healthcare exchanges, putting our kids' health at risk.

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Koch wrote:
At the same time, right-wing attacks on Obamacare have reached a new level of perversity.
Generation Opportunity a front group for the Koch Brothers has launched a propaganda campaign aimed at convincing young people to opt out of the new healthcare exchanges, putting our kids' health at risk.
I think almost everyone is speaking out against ObamaCare these days including a lot of D's. It's a scam. Glad the Koch brothers are helping. Thanks for posting that.
Hoser

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

Don't move Riccardo, we will put the fire out you started on yourself.

“CAPS LOCK CAUSE CLIMATE CHANGE”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Koch wrote:
At the same time, right-wing attacks on Obamacare have reached a new level of perversity. Generation Opportunity a front group for the Koch Brothers has launched a propaganda campaign aimed at convincing young people to opt out of the new healthcare exchanges, putting our kids' health at risk.
Now, 10 Democrat Senators want to delay Obamacare's individual mandate, just like the Tea Party. When you run out of money, stop spending.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,341 - 4,360 of4,554
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

19 Users are viewing the Santa Cruz Forum right now

Search the Santa Cruz Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
cfabsc 5 min Super Troll Robin Jansen 350
SV Teacher "Buzz" still stalking topix users 9 min Darren 149
Take Back Santa Cruz/Greiner Archive (Sep '13) 9 min John Colby 552
Is "Xanthippe" really Jane Becker? 15 min John Colby 2
Archive for Jim Spring posts 19 min John Colby 244
Did the EASTER BUNNY buy DBS's house for him? 32 min John Colby 15
Jim Spring, Failed PhD 33 min Donny B 16
•••
•••