Mom of bruised, bloodied boy arrested in Ariz.

Full story: Las Cruces Sun-News

A woman's call to police led to the arrest of a mom whose bruised, bloodied 3-year-old was unresponsive in a shopping cart, police said Friday.
Comments
21 - 40 of 309 Comments Last updated Saturday Jun 28
melv NM

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2008

rick haynes wrote:
<quoted text>well there isnt more to the story, a child that small could have never deserved what he got. this person someone has nothing to say that would make what happened right.
I totally agree with you Mr. Haynes. There is absolutely nothing that would make it right. I pray that this little boy will be alright and will be in a loving home that he so greatly deserves. I know Bullhead City is not a big town, so I am hoping everyone there rallies together for the love, protection and support of this little boy.
Resident of West Manheim

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2008

I hope the hell she never gets this baby back, or has anymore. What a horrible story. that little boy will be scared for life. Sick, Sick, people.
someone

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2008

Did anyone ever stop to think that she might have been abused as well? And that maybe her ex boyfriend had more to do with it than the police have actually said? Some woman are scared to death to call the police or someone for help...maybe this was her cry for help.
Good Samaritan

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2008

someone wrote:
Did anyone ever stop to think that she might have been abused as well? And that maybe her ex boyfriend had more to do with it than the police have actually said? Some woman are scared to death to call the police or someone for help...maybe this was her cry for help.
Oh no you don't, we just arent't buying your lame excuse for this unforgivable act of brutality. Psy 101 tells us that is why folks may do these things. Fine, fry her a$$ anyway. Let her really cry out for help. Is anyone listening? Poor small, fagile three year old boy. God Be With Him. I am sick to my stomach.

“Your DQCC Limit is Maxed!”

Since: Sep 08

In Utero (originally)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2008

Good Samaritan wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no you don't, we just arent't buying your lame excuse for this unforgivable act of brutality. Psy 101 tells us that is why folks may do these things. Fine, fry her a$$ anyway. Let her really cry out for help. Is anyone listening? Poor small, fagile three year old boy. God Be With Him. I am sick to my stomach.
Thank you for your response. I'm so fricken tired of all these people that victimize themselves or victimize people that are guilty of crime. People should be held accountable for their choices & their actions. I'm glad you set this person straight!

“Dad of 2”

Honey Brook

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2008

There is no excuse for the abuse of children, NONE. I was abused as a child, and have NEVER raised my hand to my children. Violence only teaches violence! If you slap, smack or hit your child when they're bad, what do you think they will do when someone is "bad" in their eyes? They will hit them, because that is what they are taught. Now, I refuse to put down any parent for correcting their child, if you spank your children that is your call, it is not abuse. However, to bloody and bruise a child is way beyond corrective measures. To deffend this womans actions is almost criminal. Even if she did not cause the bruising and other injuries, she left the child alone in a shopping cart in that condition. Simply put, she left him to die. I have two children that I thank God for everyday that they are healthy and happy. I cannot afford to buy them everything their little hearts desire, which at times can be rough, but I can give them all of the love that I have for them everyday, and money cannot buy that. That is the respocibility of a parent, to love, care for, and teach your children. If all you worry about is yourself, DON'T HAVE CHILDREN! They don't ask to be brought into this world, and they should be treated as a gift, because that is what they are.
(sorry so preachy, but this issue hits a little too close to home.)
FUBAR

Richardson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2008

Thank God there are still citizens who care and do not simply turn a blind eye. How many other people saw this child without reporting anything?

In Utero (originally)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2008

dad of 2 wrote:
There is no excuse for the abuse of children, NONE. I was abused as a child, and have NEVER raised my hand to my children. Violence only teaches violence! If you slap, smack or hit your child when they're bad, what do you think they will do when someone is "bad" in their eyes? They will hit them, because that is what they are taught. Now, I refuse to put down any parent for correcting their child, if you spank your children that is your call, it is not abuse. However, to bloody and bruise a child is way beyond corrective measures. To deffend this womans actions is almost criminal. Even if she did not cause the bruising and other injuries, she left the child alone in a shopping cart in that condition. Simply put, she left him to die. I have two children that I thank God for everyday that they are healthy and happy. I cannot afford to buy them everything their little hearts desire, which at times can be rough, but I can give them all of the love that I have for them everyday, and money cannot buy that. That is the respocibility of a parent, to love, care for, and teach your children. If all you worry about is yourself, DON'T HAVE CHILDREN! They don't ask to be brought into this world, and they should be treated as a gift, because that is what they are.
(sorry so preachy, but this issue hits a little too close to home.)
I appreciate your eloquent post, and I too can relate. It's great to see that you treasure your children as rewards from God, and they are equally blessed to have you as an example!
We WILL make it

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2008

Sarcastic Bombastic wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your response. I'm so fricken tired of all these people that victimize themselves or victimize people that are guilty of crime. People should be held accountable for their choices & their actions. I'm glad you set this person straight!
What I like most about these boards is that comments come from all over these Great United States of Ours. There always were and will always be crackpots. But the vast majority of USA citizens are compassionate, understanding, intellignet individuals. You know, there just could be a good chance that we make it through this current mess after all. God Bless You All. Let us keep trying. You're good people.
The Good Samaritan...
Been there before

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2008

Things like this happen all the time all over this nation...worse actually happens. This little boy was found alive...but there are many who aren't so lucky. What are we as a nation doing to stop this and make a change? Yes...there are those (including me) who are making a difference by volunteering as CASA workers, foster parents, and participating in the many various organizations that try to stop or heal these kids...but we need help!!! Too many Americans out there claim to want to help, they are sickened by stories like this...but they sit by and do nothing. I know I sound like an infomercial but I was victimized and I strongly feel that I was able to recover because I had great foster parents and sponsors who cared enough to help a child who didn't belong to them. I wasn't anyone to those people and they took me in. There are so many ways you can help these kids! Report abuse is you suspect it, donate money to charities, smile and be kind to children, sponsor a child...the list goes on! I challenge each and everyone of you who reads this to take a little time out of your day and see if there is something you can do that is helpful. Have a blessed day!
whatever

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2008

she's going to be someones b i t c h in jail...she doesn't deserve to live...GOD help this little boy
rick haynes

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2008

Been there before wrote:
Things like this happen all the time all over this nation...worse actually happens. This little boy was found alive...but there are many who aren't so lucky. What are we as a nation doing to stop this and make a change? Yes...there are those (including me) who are making a difference by volunteering as CASA workers, foster parents, and participating in the many various organizations that try to stop or heal these kids...but we need help!!! Too many Americans out there claim to want to help, they are sickened by stories like this...but they sit by and do nothing. I know I sound like an infomercial but I was victimized and I strongly feel that I was able to recover because I had great foster parents and sponsors who cared enough to help a child who didn't belong to them. I wasn't anyone to those people and they took me in. There are so many ways you can help these kids! Report abuse is you suspect it, donate money to charities, smile and be kind to children, sponsor a child...the list goes on! I challenge each and everyone of you who reads this to take a little time out of your day and see if there is something you can do that is helpful. Have a blessed day!
i admire your service to these kids, and think there should be many more places for kids to go in need of help, however you cannot say people are doing nothing when in fact you dont know what people do to help. abuse goes on in many ways, i for one think a paddling for being out of control is fine, as long as it is controlled by the parent. we have kids running around in the streets, we have kids doing all kinds of public damage. that is no reason to beat a child up, just a little spanking. this woman and her roomates need prison. they need to feel the severe pain they inflicted. it is people like her that took the control of raising children away from parents. again i am very glad for people like you. maybe we will find a way some day to find abusive parents, but until then we cannot see what goes on behind closed doors..........
MAX II

Buena Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2008

Been there before wrote:
I am glad the system worked for you and admire you for the work you are doing with children. The system doesn't always work. I am in the process of trying to get one of my relatives out of the system, and it isn't easy. What upsets me is the foster parent that he is with should never have been licensed for day care or as a foster parent. I turned her in several times to CPS (B4 she got her licence) for abusing his older brother, But nothing was ever done because she is friends with people in the CPS dept. It was my understanding that the CASA workers were supposed to be impartial, but when we have been to court, you can tell that there is more than a professional relationship between them. What upsets me more than anything is because I had allegations of sexual abuse against her and the system did nothing, because of friendship. So the system failed my nephew and how many others that she watched, and now she has the brother. So not only are we fighting her, but we have to fight the system as well, because her friends in the CPS lies for her. My attorney and I are in the process of filing a complaint against the CPS, Foster Agency and the Day Care licensing with Sacramento. Hopefully the people that neglected their job because of friendship will be fired and she will lose her licensing. I hope that everyone that was involved with this cover will ROT IN HELL!!!!
dog

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2008

Judged:

someone wrote:
That's stupid. If she were abused then she should be even more protective of her child. And a woman that puts boyfriends ahead of her own child, allowing a boyfriend to abuse a baby are worse than sick, they are evil. She needs to be given the death penalty. None of her excuses fly.
Publican

Belmont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2008

someone wrote:
There is more to this story i am here to tell you as someone who knows
Spill it. Unless you don't really know.
Publican

Belmont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2008

Judged:

dog wrote:
<quoted text>
That's stupid. If she were abused then she should be even more protective of her child. And a woman that puts boyfriends ahead of her own child, allowing a boyfriend to abuse a baby are worse than sick, they are evil. She needs to be given the death penalty. None of her excuses fly.
It seems as though you have not been acquainted with the courts system, so you would not be aware that what "someone" wrote is much more common than we would like to think. A common approach for monstrous abusers is to say that they will kill either the co-party, or a loved one of that party, if they say or do anything to bring attention to the abuse. The co-party is often very much abused themselves, and the pattern has been so long established that they see no way out, and they think that they will be punished themselves for something they neither wanted, nor condoned.

the abuser will say things like: "I'll tell the police that you were the one who beat the kid. Who is going to believe you over me. I have a job, you don't. I am dressed like a normal person, you can't take care of yourself. It's your kid, people will think that you can't take care of you own kid, what kind of a mother are you?"

Or she might be a truly horrible person. It does happen. The thing is, we can't make blanket judgments without knowing the whole story.

It is undeniable that that the removal of the child from that house is a good thing. Get him the care he needs, and then proceed with the investigation. And nail the SOB who is responsible for to the wall.

Your statement reinforces that feeling of helplessness
Dissident

Gig Harbor, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2008

Judged:

Publican wrote:
<quoted text>
.....Or she might be a truly horrible person. It does happen......
It happens more often than most are comfortable with admitting to themselves. Statistically, women abuse children at a much greater rate than men. However, statistically, it is much more common for the angry masses to blame a man for abusing a child before the facts are revealed.
Pam

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2008

Judged:

someone wrote:
OH HE...LL NO YOU DID NOT JUST SAY THAT, why in the world would you EVER, EVER try and make an excuse for this sorry cruel idiot. BEING ABUSED IS NOT AN EXCUSE TO ABUSE SOMEONE. You are an adult you make your choices and there is NEVER, EVER, EVER a reason to beat up, tie up, refuse your child food or water. What boyfriend? I believe in other stories all the roommates that were arrested are female, so what boyfriend are you wanting to pin this on. My God go get help for yourself.

In Utero (originally)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2008

We WILL make it wrote:
<quoted text>
What I like most about these boards is that comments come from all over these Great United States of Ours. There always were and will always be crackpots. But the vast majority of USA citizens are compassionate, understanding, intellignet individuals. You know, there just could be a good chance that we make it through this current mess after all. God Bless You All. Let us keep trying. You're good people.
The Good Samaritan...
I'm sorry, I hadn't seen your response to my post until today. Thanks for your kind words. Thank you for the blessings, I can always use more of those & don't take them lightly. The same to you!:-)
Bites The Dust

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2008

Judged:

""The thing is, we can't make blanket judgments without knowing the whole story.""

Yes we can because there is NO excuse for this! It is her legal and moral responsibility to take care of her child in a NON harmful way and to protect him from others who would harm him.

The End

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Santa Cruz Forum right now

Search the Santa Cruz Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Marcia Chairez: Big problems in Harvey West area 1 hr vacuo angola 7
Buzz stalks as "John Colby" 2 hr Johnnys boohoo 98
Kaleidoscope seeks buyer; Pretty Mama announces... 2 hr Bialvodkrase 1
Huge Navy aircraft carrier anchoring off Santa ... 4 hr DBS 6
Bill allows Santa Cruz Metro to issue citations 5 hr ANON 2
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 6 hr toushia 200,347
Who got John Colby booted out of MGA (Dec '13) 7 hr Reality Czech 14
•••
•••
•••
Santa Cruz Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Santa Cruz Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••