Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201860 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Cali Girl 2014

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#231628 Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles wrote:
Cali Girl,

Where do you want to meet up?
Why would I want to meet up
with a weirdo from the internet? LOL

Cali Girl 2014

Location hidden

#231630 Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles wrote:
Cali Girl,

Where do you want to meet up?

What is Mouse Ears?
What is Mouse Ears!
Bahahahaha this is so funny!!

Cali Girl 2014

Location hidden

#231631 Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles wrote:
Bruno and Cali Girl,

Fu....ckers who love to talk. You must have gotten F's in high school.

Did you even go to high school. Your parents are dumb.
Are ya mad bro?

Cali Girl 2014

Location hidden

#231632 Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles wrote:
Cali Girl and Bruno,

Where you want to meet up?

I'm not leaving this thread, sp...ics.
IM NOT MEXICAN LOSER,but
what if I was? Go watch KKK
videos and STFU!

Cali Girl 2014

Location hidden

#231633 Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles wrote:
Cali Girl,

Meet up. I look like Tom Hardy.
Who is Tom Hardy? LMFAO

Cali Girl 2014

Location hidden

#231634 Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles wrote:
Cali Girl and Bruno,

Guess how many more shootings there is going to be?
Is that a threat nutcase, are you
going to shoot your computer?
Shut up!!

Cali Girl 2014

Location hidden

#231635 Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles wrote:
You two are typical Cholos from LA and Orange Counties that are in San Quentin and Central Valley Penitentiary Prisons. You aren't worth my time or anybody else' time.
Good thing you choose not to
waste your time LOL

Since: Jul 14

Buffalo, NY

#231636 Jul 7, 2014
The rights of the minority should never be voted on by the majority

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#231637 Jul 7, 2014
focus on the family wrote:
God will have His Will = and you can excuse whatever you want = YOU ARE GOING TO DIE AND LEAVE THIS WORLD = IF YOU DONT REPENT YOU WILL BE SORRY = GOD DOES NOT APPROVE GAYS = HE DOES NOT APPROVE OF A MAN PUTTING HIS PENIS INTO ANOTHER MAN PERIOD = SATAN IS A LIAR AND AMERICA IS GOING TO BE JUDGED = REPENT
GOD LIES:
Joshua 7:1 says, "The people of Israel broke faith in regard to the devoted things; for Achan...took some of the devoted things; and the anger of the Lord burned against the people of Israel" and God responds by saying in the 11th verse, "Israel has sinned, and they have also transgressed my covenant...." Yet, God did not tell the truth. Only Achan sinned, not all Israel, and Achan admits as much in the 20th verse by saying, "Indeed I have sinned against the Lord God of Israel...."

"He (David) shall build a house for my name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever" (2 Sam. 7:13) and to David God says, "thine house and thy kingdom shall be established forever: thy throne shall be established for ever" (2 Sam. 7:16). God's prophecy failed. He didn't tell the truth. The Davidic line ended with Zedekiah and there was no Davidic king for 450 years when the Maccabeans established a dynasty, the first king being Aristobulus. Since the end of the Maccabean dynasty there has never been a king of the Jews. Second Kings 24:14 proves as much by saying, "He carried away all Jerusalem, and all the princes, and all the mighty men of valour, even ten thousand captives, and all the craftsmen and smiths. None remained, save the poorest sort of the people of the land."

If viewed together the following verses also show God engaged in prevarication. "...of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eat thereof thou shalt surely die" (Gen. 2:17), "God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die" (Gen. 3:3), "the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die" (Gen. 3:4), and "all the days that Adam lived were 930 years and he died" (Gen. 5:5). God said Adam and Eve would die on the day they ate of the tree and the devil said they would not. They ate of it and Adam lived to be 930 years old. In other words, God lied and the devil told the truth. Yet, according to Titus 1:2 "God never lies."

And finally, in Gen. 3:14 God said to the serpent, "...upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life...." Serpents do not now and never have eaten dust. If the serpent represents the Devil, he does not eat dust either; so, in either case God did not tell the truth.

Location hidden

#231638 Jul 7, 2014
GOD DOES NOT APPROVE GAYS wrote:
GOD WILL HAVE THE FINAL WORD = THE ONLY CHOICE YOU HAVE IS TO REPENT AND LIVE FOR RTHE LORD JESUS CHRIST
GOD REWARDS LIARS:
Ex. 1:15-20 says, "The king of Egypt said to the Hebrew midwives, whose names were Shiphrah and Puah,'When you help the Hebrew women in childbirth and observe them on the delivery stool, if it is a boy, kill him; but if it is a girl, let her live.' The midwives, however, feared God and did not do what the king of Egypt had told them to do; they let the boys live. Then the king of Egypt summoned the midwives and asked them,'Why have you done this? Why have you let the boys live?' The midwives answered Pharaoh,'Hebrew women are not like Egyptian women; they are vigorous and give birth before the midwives arrive.' So God was kind to the midwives and the people increased and became even more numerous." The midwives lied and God rewarded them by being kind to them.

Joshua 2:3-6 says, "So the king of Jericho sent this message to Rahab,'Bring out the men who came to you and entered your house, because they have come to spy out the whole land.' But the woman had taken the two men and hidden them. She said,'Yes, the men came to me, but I did not know where they had come from. At dusk, when it was time to close the city gate, the men left. I don't know which way they went. Go after them quickly. You may catch up with them." (But she had taken them up to the roof and hidden them under the stalks of flax she had laid out on the roof.) Rahab lied about where the men were and yet James 2:25 says, "...was not Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction?"

And 2 Kings 10:18-21 says, "Jehu brought all the people together and said to them,'Ahab served Baal a little; Jehu will serve him much. Now summon all the prophets of Baal, all his ministers and all his priests. See that no one is missing, because I am going to hold a great sacrifice for Baal. Anyone who fails to come will no longer live. But Jehu was acting deceptively in order to destroy the ministers of Baal.... all the ministers of Baal came; not one stayed away. They crowded into the temple of Baal until it was full from one end to the other." And as verses 25 to 30 show Jehu ordered his guards to go in and kill all those who worshipped Baal. After the bloodshed and killing had concluded the Lord said to Jehu in verse 30, "Because you have done well in accomplishing what is right in my eyes and have done to the house of Ahab all I had in mind to do, your descendants will sit on the throne of Israel to the 4th generation." How is that for a God of mercy!

Location hidden

#231639 Jul 7, 2014
KiMare wrote:
http://www.nationalreview.com/ corner/381148/s...
"I agree that we should have the right to marry, but I also think equally that it is a no-brainer that the institution of marriage should not exist.... Fighting for gay marriage generally involves lying about what we’re going to do with marriage when we get there, because we lie that the institution of marriage is not going to change, and that is a lie. The institution of marriage is going to change, and it should change, and again, I don’t think it should exist."
GOD ORDERS MEN TO BECOME DRUNKEN: "Then tell them,'This is what the Lord Almighty, the God of Israel, says: Drink, get drunk and vomit, and fall to rise no more because of the sword I will send among you" (Jer. 25:27).

Location hidden

#231640 Jul 7, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>and your reality can change at any moment at the next discovery so hold on to that faith!
GOD SPREADS DUNG ON FACES: "Behold I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces, even the dung of your solemn feasts...." (Mal. 2:3).

Location hidden

#231641 Jul 7, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>John 11:25-26 “Jesus said to hear,‘I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?’”
GOD MADE FALSE AND UNFULFILLED PROPHECIES: In Jonah 3:4 God said, "yet 40 days and Nineveh shall be overthrown." But the 10th verse says, "God saw their works, that they turned from their evil ways; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not." In other words, He who knows the future changed his mind, repented, and Nineveh was not overthrown. His prophecy failed.

In Gen. 15:13 God said to Abraham, "Know for certain that your descendants will be strangers in a country not their own, and they shall be enslaved and mistreated 400 years." Acts 7:6 says the same. But Ex. 12:40 says, "Now the sojourning of the children of Israel, who dwelt in Egypt, was 430 years." God's prophecy failed by 30 years.

Another deific prophecy is found in Gen. 15:16 which says, "...in the 4th generation they (Abraham's descendants) shall come here again...." God told Abraham that his descendants would return in the 4th generation. Yet, if Abraham is included, it actually occurred during the 6th generation. The generations were: Abraham, Issac, Levi (Ex. 1:2), Kohath (Ex. 6:16), Amram (Ex. 6:18), and Moses (Ex. 6:20).

In Gen. 17:3, 8 and Ex. 32:13 God told Abraham that he would give to him and his descendants all of Canaan for an eternal possession. But Acts 7:5 says, "He gave him (Abraham) no inheritance here, not even a foot of ground. But God promised him that he and his descendants after him would possess the land, even though at that time Abraham had no child" and Heb. 11:13 says, "All these people...did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance." The Bible itself admits that God's promise to Abraham failed.

In Gen. 35:10 God said to Jacob, "thy name shall not be called any more Jacob, but Israel shall be thy name: and he called his name Israel." Yet, 11 chapters later Gen. 46:2 says, "God spoke to Israel in the visions of the night, and said, Jacob, Jacob. And he said, Here am I."

Lastly, 1 Sam. 23:12 says, "David asked,'Will the citizens of Keilah surrender me and my men to Saul?' And the Lord said,'They will'." This prophecy never occurred, because the opposite happened. Saul was delivered into David's hands, not once but twice.

Location hidden

#231642 Jul 7, 2014
lisacolnett wrote:
The rights of the minority should never be voted on by the majority
"Democracy has been defined as two wolves and a sheep discussing plans for lunch."

"Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
Fo Cuss Must

Covina, CA

#231643 Jul 7, 2014
More laughs coming your way.

We don't need no stinking badges!

Gringo!

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#231644 Jul 7, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
GOD SPREADS DUNG ON FACES: "Behold I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces, even the dung of your solemn feasts...." (Mal. 2:3).
l agree some like yourself might benefit from it. Did you research that story? Spread dung upon your faces - Instead of receiving a sacrifice at your hands, I will throw your offerings back into your faces. Here God shows his contempt for them and their offerings. They had brought before the face of God maimed, unfitting sacrifices; they should have them cast back, with their refuse, upon them; "as a lord that rejecteth a gift, brought to him by his servant, casts it back in his time." "Of your sacrifices, not of Mine, for I am not worshiped in them: ye seek to please, not Me, but yourselves." So God said of Eli 1 Samuel 2:30, "them that honor Me I will honor, and they that despise Me shall be lightly esteemed."

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#231645 Jul 7, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
GOD MADE FALSE AND UNFULFILLED PROPHECIES: In Jonah 3:4 God said, "yet 40 days and Nineveh shall be overthrown." But the 10th verse says, "God saw their works, that they turned from their evil ways; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not." In other words, He who knows the future changed his mind, repented, and Nineveh was not overthrown. His prophecy failed.
In Gen. 15:13 God said to Abraham, "Know for certain that your descendants will be strangers in a country not their own, and they shall be enslaved and mistreated 400 years." Acts 7:6 says the same. But Ex. 12:40 says, "Now the sojourning of the children of Israel, who dwelt in Egypt, was 430 years." God's prophecy failed by 30 years.
Another deific prophecy is found in Gen. 15:16 which says, "...in the 4th generation they (Abraham's descendants) shall come here again...." God told Abraham that his descendants would return in the 4th generation. Yet, if Abraham is included, it actually occurred during the 6th generation. The generations were: Abraham, Issac, Levi (Ex. 1:2), Kohath (Ex. 6:16), Amram (Ex. 6:18), and Moses (Ex. 6:20).
In Gen. 17:3, 8 and Ex. 32:13 God told Abraham that he would give to him and his descendants all of Canaan for an eternal possession. But Acts 7:5 says, "He gave him (Abraham) no inheritance here, not even a foot of ground. But God promised him that he and his descendants after him would possess the land, even though at that time Abraham had no child" and Heb. 11:13 says, "All these people...did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance." The Bible itself admits that God's promise to Abraham failed.
In Gen. 35:10 God said to Jacob, "thy name shall not be called any more Jacob, but Israel shall be thy name: and he called his name Israel." Yet, 11 chapters later Gen. 46:2 says, "God spoke to Israel in the visions of the night, and said, Jacob, Jacob. And he said, Here am I."
Lastly, 1 Sam. 23:12 says, "David asked,'Will the citizens of Keilah surrender me and my men to Saul?' And the Lord said,'They will'." This prophecy never occurred, because the opposite happened. Saul was delivered into David's hands, not once but twice.
John 11:25-26 “Jesus said to hear,‘I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?’”
Pills Berry

Covina, CA

#231646 Jul 7, 2014
2014, Supreme Court's Hobby Lobby decision. It's just so wrong, and so disrespectful to women.

Because the one good thing about this decision is that it shows for all the world that the Republican Party is flat-out, 100% against access to birth control. And that's political suicide.

Consider this: 99% of women use contraception at some point in their lives.1 Ninety-nine percent. Opposing birth control isn't a fringe view. It's the farthest fraying edge of the fringe.

So between now and November, we need to hold Republicans accountable by making sure that every female voter in every key state knows the Republican Party position on birth control. If they want to support legislation to overturn Hobby Lobby, great. But if not, we'll make sure it costs them their seats in Congress.
Nine Ball

Harrodsburg, KY

#231647 Jul 7, 2014
Pills Berry wrote:
2014, Supreme Court's Hobby Lobby decision. It's just so wrong, and so disrespectful to women.
Because the one good thing about this decision is that it shows for all the world that the Republican Party is flat-out, 100% against access to birth control. And that's political suicide.
Consider this: 99% of women use contraception at some point in their lives.1 Ninety-nine percent. Opposing birth control isn't a fringe view. It's the farthest fraying edge of the fringe.
So between now and November, we need to hold Republicans accountable by making sure that every female voter in every key state knows the Republican Party position on birth control. If they want to support legislation to overturn Hobby Lobby, great. But if not, we'll make sure it costs them their seats in Congress.
You is all wrong. First this was the Supreme court what don it. Hobby Lobby does not want to not give birth control to them what works fer them. What they don't want to do is give them what works fer them a medicine which will kill a union of an egg and sperm what is already growing. Them Hobby lobbies thanks that is murder and that is again their religion. That is only 4 or 5 thangs that the supreme court says they don't have to give. Look here madam: your rite to kill is not any more important that a person's religious rites. If you wants to have sex and kill the developing baby go out and buy the stuff your self. It is bought time for Americans to rely on theirselves fer a change. Grow up and wise up.
'
Pills Berry

Covina, CA

#231648 Jul 7, 2014

Supreme Court's Hobby Lobby decision. It's just so wrong, and so disrespectful to women.

So between now and November, we need to hold Republicans accountable by making sure that every female voter in every key state knows the Republican Party position on birth control.

If they want to support legislation to overturn Hobby Lobby, great. But if not, we'll make sure it costs them their seats in Congress.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Cruz Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Why won't ColbyLoon explain 22+ years as a welf... (Jun '14) 4 hr Woof 19
DBS: Stop stalking and I will employ you (Sep '13) Fri Woof 174
Are the ColbyHOGS hoarders? May 26 Woof 11
Get a job ya whackjob (Jun '15) May 26 Woof 47
News Cops and Courts: May 15, 2016: Homeless man ran... May 26 Woof 10
Best Website Ever (Jun '15) May 25 Woof 14
News Bristol Palin says abstinence best path for teens (May '09) May 25 jeremy75 2,649
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Santa Cruz Mortgages