Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,197

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#228792 Feb 4, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop with your ridiculous argument that "a woman" means many women.

It's over, Flunkie.
Jogger

Sierra Madre, CA

#228793 Feb 4, 2014
What ever's are the norm for the day
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#228794 Feb 4, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
It's over, Flunkie.
No, it's hardly over. It's not over until every consenting adult who wants to marry is allowed to marry. And I guess that will have to wait until bigots like you die off.
Jogger

Sierra Madre, CA

#228795 Feb 4, 2014
What ever's are the norm for the day, spats.
Cali Girl 14

Idyllwild, CA

#228796 Feb 4, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>I would love to talk with you about WWII in the Pacific, my father and all my uncles are veterans of it. I was married to a Filipina and have heard many stories of the Japanese occupation from her people. I lived in Japan in 1969-1970 with my Japanese girlfriend whose father, like mine, was a combat veteran, just on the other side and have heard his stories over many beers. The irony, right? I wrote my father about this he said he wished he could be there he held no grudge.
That sounds like an interesting story,
you should post i!
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#228797 Feb 4, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's hardly over. It's not over until every consenting adult who wants to marry is allowed to marry. And I guess that will have to wait until bigots like you die off.
Oh, judging from history, it will NEVER be legal. My death has nothing to do with whether polygamy remains illegal. The harms of polygamy are well documented. You don't like them.... too bad for you. Your arguments won't convince the Court of anything other than you belong in the witless protection program.
Jogger

Sierra Madre, CA

#228798 Feb 4, 2014
What ever's are the norm for the day, crazy spats.
Mitt O bama

San Francisco, CA

#228799 Feb 4, 2014
Sizzle my dizzle
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#228800 Feb 4, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, judging from history, it will NEVER be legal. My death has nothing to do with whether polygamy remains illegal. The harms of polygamy are well documented. You don't like them.... too bad for you. Your arguments won't convince the Court of anything other than you belong in the witless protection program.
Get an argument. I call bullshIt on your ridiculous "harms". The funniest one is the roving gangs of young men high on testosterone wreaking havoc, raping and pillaging, searching for wives! Prlceless. And the one rich guy hogs all the wives one is the second funniest.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#228801 Feb 4, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you'll deny it because you are dishonest but we both well remember your "what about the children??!!" emotional anti polygamy rant, don't we Miss Thing?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#228802 Feb 4, 2014
Cali Girl 14 wrote:
<quoted text>
That sounds like an interesting story,
you should post i!
Not here though. But yeah, it's a great story. Drinking and having a good time with a man who very well might have tried to kill my father or vice versa. And sleeping with his daughter.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#228804 Feb 4, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Get an argument. I call bullshIt on your ridiculous "harms". The funniest one is the roving gangs of young men high on testosterone wreaking havoc, raping and pillaging, searching for wives! Prlceless. And the one rich guy hogs all the wives one is the second funniest.
Are you disputing the experts, Flunkie? It's all right here: http://www.courts.gov.bc.ca/jdb-txt/SC/11/15/...

27] A reference in this forum enables the participants to create an evidentiary record impossible in the typical appellate reference. The participants in the present proceeding embraced that opportunity and compiled a record that is remarkable not only for its size, but also for the breadth and diversity of its contents. Indeed, it is no exaggeration to say that the record embodies the bulk of contemporary academic research into polygamy.

[28] Much of the evidence comprises affidavits and expert reports. Over 90 such are before me. In large measure, these were exchanged and filed with the Court in advance of the hearing according to a schedule directed by the Court. Approximately 22 of the affiants and experts were then examined and cross-examined during the hearing phase of the proceeding.

[29] The expert witnesses represent a broad range of disciplines including anthropology, psychology, sociology, law, economics, family demography, history and theology. The caliber and breadth of knowledge of these experts is impressive. Some undertook original research specifically for this reference. Others are clinical experts who offer case study observations from their practices. Yet others have studied aspects of polygamy relevant to their particular disciplines for years.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#228806 Feb 4, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you disputing the experts, Flunkie? It's all right here: http://www.courts.gov.bc.ca/jdb-txt/SC/11/15/...
27] A reference in this forum enables the participants to create an evidentiary record impossible in the typical appellate reference. The participants in the present proceeding embraced that opportunity and compiled a record that is remarkable not only for its size, but also for the breadth and diversity of its contents. Indeed, it is no exaggeration to say that the record embodies the bulk of contemporary academic research into polygamy.
[28] Much of the evidence comprises affidavits and expert reports. Over 90 such are before me. In large measure, these were exchanged and filed with the Court in advance of the hearing according to a schedule directed by the Court. Approximately 22 of the affiants and experts were then examined and cross-examined during the hearing phase of the proceeding.
[29] The expert witnesses represent a broad range of disciplines including anthropology, psychology, sociology, law, economics, family demography, history and theology. The caliber and breadth of knowledge of these experts is impressive. Some undertook original research specifically for this reference. Others are clinical experts who offer case study observations from their practices. Yet others have studied aspects of polygamy relevant to their particular disciplines for years.
Sluggers

Sierra Madre, CA

#228807 Feb 4, 2014
Frankie Cr Ap pants how are you doing?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#228808 Feb 5, 2014
Sluggers wrote:
Frankie Cr Ap pants how are you doing?
Eh, so so. Could be better. How about yourself there droopy pants?
Cali Girl 14

Idyllwild, CA

#228809 Feb 5, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>Eh, so so. Could be better. How about yourself there droopy pants?
Hope you have a better day! Maybe
Poof will stop by for an insult ! Lol
Sliders sale

Sierra Madre, CA

#228810 Feb 5, 2014
Sliders are on sale today.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#228811 Feb 5, 2014
Cali Girl 14 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope you have a better day! Maybe
Poof will stop by for an insult ! Lol
Poof is always lots of fun to insult. Easy too. Big dummy.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#228814 Feb 5, 2014
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>B low me asshat
Always the wit!
Sliders sale

Sierra Madre, CA

#228816 Feb 5, 2014
Sliders are still on sale today.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Cruz Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anti-police fliers found near site of Santa Cru... (Jun '10) 1 hr John Colby 105
Many illegal immigrants live in public housing (Jan '09) 4 hr Cricket 23 5,618
Parole denied for Kenneth Donney, former Santa ... (Mar '10) 14 hr Just me 14
Way of the peaceful warrior: Barios Unidos figh... (Aug '10) 21 hr peaceful streets 123
cfabsc (Jan '14) 23 hr Dim Sum 560
The Welfare State GAVE BIRTH to DBS 23 hr Get a job ColbyLOSER 5
DBS/TMC was raised on welfare 23 hr Get a job ColbyLOSER 23
Santa Cruz Dating
Find my Match

Santa Cruz People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Santa Cruz News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Santa Cruz

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]