Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201878 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#228767 Feb 3, 2014
rabnew wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you really in the Vietnam War?
Yes.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#228768 Feb 3, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Implict vs explicit
I wonder how many months it will take you to figure that out.... if ever.
How does "in California, marriage is a man and a woman" explicitly exclude same sex marriage but only implicitly exclude polygamy?

Please answer reasonably like a big boy. The answer is not "Frankie's a drug addict" or "Frankie has PTSD from the war" etc.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#228769 Feb 3, 2014
rabnew wrote:
<quoted text>
Cleaned up a bit? Go get Randy elsewhere
Looking good to me sweetie! I heard you Aussie girls love American sailors long time! I missed that port call when I was in the Navy dammit. Anyway. Looking good! Hubba Hubba! It's summer down there eh? Enjoy!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#228770 Feb 3, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
ahhahahaha
hahahahaahha
STOP THAT! Now pull up your pants and wash you hands.
Foil wrapped

West Covina, CA

#228771 Feb 3, 2014
No sweeties here anymore,#22769 - you ate them all, remember?
Foil wrapped

West Covina, CA

#228773 Feb 3, 2014
No sweeties here anymore,#22772 - you ate them all, remember?
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#228774 Feb 3, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
How does "in California, marriage is a man and a woman" explicitly exclude same sex marriage but only implicitly exclude polygamy?
Please answer reasonably like a big boy. The answer is not "Frankie's a drug addict" or "Frankie has PTSD from the war" etc.
Implicit vs explicit

The language used in Prop 8 does not legally satisfy banning polygamy. You can change the subject all you want, but the fact remains Prop 8 did not ban polygamy. It did ban gay couples from marrying, who previously had the right. Prop 8 went down. Gay couples can marry again.

Before Prop 8, no polygamy
After Prop 8 no polygamy.

I think it's HILARIOUS that you continue to make ridiculous arguments about "a man and a woman" means no polygamy, when we are talking about LAW! HILARIOUS! It must be explicit to ban behavior. Ask your Magic 8 Ball.
Foil wrapped

West Covina, CA

#228775 Feb 3, 2014
No sweeties here anymore #22874 - you ate them all yesterday.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#228777 Feb 3, 2014
rabnew wrote:
<quoted text>
In my spare time I research Japanese war crimes dealing with the Sth West Pacific area....have done for years. Was wondering if you'd be up for some Q&A via PM...
I am not allowed to register. I am not as equal as others and cannot PM you.
Foil wrapped

West Covina, CA

#228778 Feb 3, 2014
No sweeties here anymore #228777 - you ate them all yesterday. Besides they are fattening.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#228779 Feb 3, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's HILARIOUS that you continue to make ridiculous arguments about "a man and a woman" means no polygamy...
It does. I think you have a strange sense of humor.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#228780 Feb 3, 2014
rabnew wrote:
<quoted text>
In my spare time I research Japanese war crimes dealing with the Sth West Pacific area....have done for years. Was wondering if you'd be up for some Q&A via PM...
I would love to talk with you about WWII in the Pacific, my father and all my uncles are veterans of it. I was married to a Filipina and have heard many stories of the Japanese occupation from her people. I lived in Japan in 1969-1970 with my Japanese girlfriend whose father, like mine, was a combat veteran, just on the other side and have heard his stories over many beers. The irony, right? I wrote my father about this he said he wished he could be there he held no grudge.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#228781 Feb 3, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Implicit vs explicit
The language used in Prop 8 does not legally satisfy banning polygamy. You can change the subject all you want, but the fact remains Prop 8 did not ban polygamy. It did ban gay couples from marrying, who previously had the right. Prop 8 went down. Gay couples can marry again.
Before Prop 8, no polygamy
After Prop 8 no polygamy.
I think it's HILARIOUS that you continue to make ridiculous arguments about "a man and a woman" means no polygamy, when we are talking about LAW! HILARIOUS! It must be explicit to ban behavior. Ask your Magic 8 Ball.
How does "A man and a woman" explicitly ban same sex marriage but only implicitly ban polygamy?

If there were no law against polygamy and prop 8 wasn't struck down would polygamy be allowed in CA?

Does a man and a woman mean three men? Does it mean a man and two women?
Wipe free

West Covina, CA

#228783 Feb 3, 2014
This topic is like a dripping utter.
garbonzo

Long Beach, CA

#228784 Feb 3, 2014
rabnew wrote:
<quoted text>
Good! Now fart off!
rude
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#228785 Feb 3, 2014
Wipe free wrote:
This topic is like a dripping utter.
You are like a festering boil on this topic. Oozing puss.
Wipe free

West Covina, CA

#228786 Feb 3, 2014
This stinking topic is like a dripping utter.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#228787 Feb 3, 2014
Wipe free wrote:
This stinking topic is like a dripping utter.
WTF is a "dripping utter" dummy?
garbonzo

Long Beach, CA

#228788 Feb 3, 2014
um yeah whatever.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#228789 Feb 3, 2014
garbonzo wrote:
um yeah whatever.
Well said. And 100% spot on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Cruz Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Indymanure is circling the drain (Nov '14) 2 hr woofers 41
Where did the SPLAT thread go? 17 hr woofers 8
Will the FBI respond to the LOONs complaint abo... 22 hr Swiss Miss 4
SCPD Refuses to answer John Colby's phone calls (Oct '13) 23 hr Joe Landon 10
Help ColbyLOSER find a JOB...... 23 hr Joe Landon 11
ColbySTALKER getting Whacked on the Sentinel BI... (Oct '14) Thu Joe Landon 31
News Editorial, July 17, 2016: Fr. Peter Carota, 194... Wed kms 5

Santa Cruz Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance