Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
197,481 - 197,500 of 200,575 Comments Last updated 8 min ago

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Bravo. Beautiful!
Thanks, that one needs repeating because it so accurately describes the behaviour of so many of our simple minded. I know how right on it is by the number of negative judgits it got. The more negativity the more right on the post.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Bravo. Beautiful!
Thanks, here it is again:

Poof: Can I wear a red shirt?
ALAN: You can wear any color you want.
Poof: No, I want to know if I can wear a red one.
Poof: Just tell me, can I wear Red?
Poof: Damn it, answer the question.
Poof: All I want to know is can I wear a red colored shirt, yes or not.
Poof: You could have answered yes or no.
ALAN: OK yes.

Poof: OK now, can I wear a blue colored shirt?

Poof: you just don't answer questions do you .Tell me is blue OK?
Poof: But I want to know if I can wear blue.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Dee bowlers wrote:
A new load of bowlers gloves just arrived.
I'll alert the media.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sheeple is struggling with an answer over in another thread-
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay/TCR09D1CU...
Comrade Sheeple is at it again? Will these authoritarians ever take a vacation?
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps someday you'll get a real argument, until then you are just jerking off.
Marriage. There is no one right way.
oooooo.... unoriginal sound bite mentality.... how exciting

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sheeple is struggling with an answer over in another thread-
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay/TCR09D1CU...
Thanks for the link, I just paid a visit.

Ayatollah Khomeini of Iran.

"A man can marry a girl younger than nine years of age, even if the girl is still a baby being breastfed. A man, however is prohibited from having intercourse with a girl younger than nine, other sexual acts such as foreplay, rubbing, kissing and sodomy is allowed. A man having intercourse with a girl younger than nine years of age has not committed a crime, but only an infraction, if the girl is not permanently damaged. If the girl, however, is permanently damaged, the man must provide for her all her life. But this girl will not count as one of the man's four permanent wives. He also is not permitted to marry the girl's sister."
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
The reason polygamy is illegal is moral disapproval, and that is not a valid reason. That's my argument.
Now X Breath will rebut my argument with "you didn't go to school..." or "You are a drug addict" or similar stupid non response.
Moral disapproval is only one argument. Is that all you have?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>Miss Thing. You can't ban something that is already banned.
Why is it banned?
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Jake wrote:
<quoted text>
You can laugh all you want X, I would like to see you go to Mahmouds country and try convincing them that ot's ok to be queer. ahahahahaahahahah
Yeah.... just like you go there and convince them to be Christian.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Jake wrote:
Mahmoud, can you tell X what will happen to him if he pushes the gay cult lifestyle in the middle east. I bet they would strap his ass over a fence and let a cammel have at it ! ahahahahahah
Get writing that give you a chubby?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Xavier Breath: If you believe ANYTHING the Baptists say, you have bigger problems to worry about.

ALAN: I have never trusted any religious person.

Xavier Breath: Polygamy was already banned BEFORE Prop 8.

ALAN: I'll alert the media!

Xavier Breath: Marriage is not required for continuing society's existence.

ALAN: Why are you telling me this?

Xavier Breath: Denying marriage to gay couples does NOTHING to enhance traditional marriage.

Xavier Breath:The law served no purpose other than to discriminate against gay couples.

Xavier Breath: That why they LOST in court.

ALAN: I'll alert the media.

Xavier Breath:"Redefining marriage to include same-sex couples would jettison the rationale and logic behind prohibitions on polygamous marriages," Not true.

ALAN: Prove it.

Xavier Breath:There are plenty of reasons for keeping polygamy illegal that have NOTHING to do with SSM.

ALAN: And just what, exactly, are those reasons?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that your long answer for "No?"
We are still waiting for your reasons as to why polygamy should remain illegal.

And think about this: Alcohol was legal, and then it wasn't and now it is again. Polygamy was legal and now it isn't. But soon it will be.

In a Republic this kind of legal fickleness is prohibited and when you let Christians destroy that Republic and change it into a democracy where the majority rules, laws go back and forth. Are you convinced that gay marriage will never be illegal again?

There are still some backward counties in America where Alcohol is illegal unless you are the cops.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Someone who tries to argue that "one man one woman only" isn't relevant to polygamy obviously has ulterior motives.
I wish our resident Mob-o-philes would explain exactly what their ulterior motives are.

There is nothing "wrong" with a woman marrying a man who already has a wife. It is illegal but legal and illegal have nothing to do with right and wrong.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you ban something that isn't there, Frankie?
Asked and answered.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone who claims to have a degree in cultural anthropology that thinks polygamy is a good idea obviously has ulterior motives..... maybe even a compulsion to lie.
If Frankie has lied in here, please post the lie, otherwise you are attacking the messenger because you are unable and incapable of refuting his message.

What qualifies you to be an authority in this discussion? What are your degree's?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is a loving marriage of three consenting adults a bad idea? Suppose you and two other guys all felt you wanted to marry and form a family? Why do you want to limit your options? Why not leave the possibility open?
There was a case described in the Advocate of three gay men wishing to marry. It was touching. I am rooting for them, why aren't you? If you got to know a happy poly family you'd have to have a very cold heart to wish to deny them rights that you enjoy.
Marriage is good for society. Even marriages you for whatever selfish reasons don't approve of.
Nicely said Frankie, I feel your love. Our resident authoritarians will never understand nor feel the love you have for freedom, because they lay awake at night worried that the people in the next trailer might be doing something they do not approve of.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
That you argue so vehemently that prop 8 didn't also ban polygamy tells us all we need to know about your motives.
I really don't see the point otherwise.
Prop 8 says, "one man one woman" so clearly that means one man, two woman is illegal as is two men or two women.

Our resident authoritarians might as well argue that 1+1 doesn't equal 2.

Perhaps they have no motives and just like Christians are told by their mommies that there is a God, perhaps the mommies of authoritarians told them polygamy is wrong and now they will insist on it for the rest of their lives because no new information will get in to show them how wrong their mommy was about this.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Reverend Alan wrote:
Xavier Breath: If you believe ANYTHING the Baptists say, you have bigger problems to worry about.
ALAN: I have never trusted any religious person.
Xavier Breath: Polygamy was already banned BEFORE Prop 8.
ALAN: I'll alert the media!
Xavier Breath: Marriage is not required for continuing society's existence.
Xavier Breath: Denying marriage to gay couples does NOTHING to enhance traditional marriage.
Xavier Breath:The law served no purpose other than to discriminate against gay couples.
Xavier Breath: That why they LOST in court.
ALAN: I'll alert the media.
Xavier Breath:"Redefining marriage to include same-sex couples would jettison the rationale and logic behind prohibitions on polygamous marriages," Not true.
ALAN: Prove it.
Xavier Breath:There are plenty of reasons for keeping polygamy illegal that have NOTHING to do with SSM.
ALAN: And just what, exactly, are those reasons?
I'm certain you won't read any of this, but here: http://www.courts.gov.bc.ca/jdb-txt/SC/11/15/...
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Prop 8 says, "one man one woman" so clearly that means one man, two woman is illegal as is two men or two women.
Our resident authoritarians might as well argue that 1+1 doesn't equal 2.
Perhaps they have no motives and just like Christians are told by their mommies that there is a God, perhaps the mommies of authoritarians told them polygamy is wrong and now they will insist on it for the rest of their lives because no new information will get in to show them how wrong their mommy was about this.
One tiny problem.... Prop 8 did NOT say "one" man "one" woman.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

George Gobal wrote:
<quoted text> So if it's okay for a man to marry another man based upon sexual appetite, what are you going to do about a man that's bisexual? Shouldn't he be able to marry another man and a woman to satisfy his sexual appetite? I mean, after all, it only make sense. I'm all for bisexual marriages and it should be the law of the land. There is a slight problem and that's if a bisexual marries another bisexual. If that happens, then you end up with a bisexual man marrying another bisexual man and you can have two other men and two women involved which means you end up with 6 people all married together. Or how about a bisexual man marrying a bisexual woman and the bisexual man also has a man as his wife and the bisexual woman has another woman as her husband. This really gets complicated, but it's only fair to consider all these possibilities and make allowances for each and every situation.
Let's hear it for bisexual marriages!
Let us hear it for freedom! Anything peaceful consenting adults want to do with other peaceful consenting adults is perfectly acceptable in our American Republic. People who have their heads up their ass's, authoritarians, hate freedom because they are terrified that someone might do something they are uncomfortable with. Authoritarians like those who want to limit the sex and the number of people one can marry. Each individual should make their one decision if they want to remain single or marry a man or a woman or a man AND a woman as well as two women, or two men. You have the right to make your own peaceful relationships with other consenting adults and our resident authoritarians have no right, although they have the power of the Government, to stop you.

This means that all of our authoritarians are morally bankrupt. The religious who want to stop gay marriage and the gays who want to stop polygamy are all equally morally bankrupt.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Santa Cruz Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Santa Cruz Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Santa Cruz People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE