Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
197,041 - 197,060 of 200,602 Comments Last updated 12 hrs ago
Randy Hudson Wooster Ohio

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

Judged:

Cali Girl 14 wrote:
<quoted text>
STFU about me and it won't be a
problem for you Merlin!
I have no problem. Taking you apart is too simple. Go away, street trash...

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? The final say goes to the States, eh? No....... SCOTUS has the final say and our federal constitution is supreme. States may not pass laws that violate the federal constitution.
But, no federal laws have been violated.I obey the Constitution first, the same document that even empowers the SCROTUS.See how that works?

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
How deceitful.
poppycock. Chief22 said marriage is not a right, the United Nations has affirmed that is a basic human right. Very simple rebutal to chief22! The fact that you don't like it in no way makes it decietful....
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
...A ss couple can never equate to marriage.
Time to come out of denial hun! Many, many SS couples are legally married today.

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Collect your receipts and run to the courthouse to prove how it has in any way negatively affected your marriage.
Oh wait..... having your feelings hurt because of willful stupidity isn't a valid complaint. Maybe you should petition the court to feel sorry for stupid people.
I knew that responding to you would result in you (yet again) being rude. The courts DID feel sorry for stupid people. It's why we have the issue off SSM plaguing us. If you need evidence of this, look in the mirror, and see it manifested.

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

Judged:

Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
Entirely wrong, marriage is a basic human right meant for everone. Citizenship is not.
<quoted text>
I understand you believe this. I don't think I have the ability to change your mind. I do think you have closed off part of your thoughtfulness because of very strong emotional negative reaction to the idea of gay marriage, not sure where that comes from though.
<quoted text>
Don't lie about my position. Nowhere do I calim anything even remotely close to 'anything goes'. I carely chose my words and will repeat them for your benefit:
"Denying a couple the right to marry for the sole reason that they are gay is hurtful and benefits no-one." Take the time to learn what is meant by 'sole reason' and that should clear up that my stance is not anything goes.
I'm enjoying watching you attempt to place me on the defensive. It isn't working, though.
Not wrong at all. Marriage is for a mixed couple. My thoughtfulness obviously encompasses more of a complete picture than does yours. You are not placing all things in the proper perspective. Else, you would not dispute the term "anything goes". It is the very embodiment of SSM. "Anyone can do anything", right? Why else would we even have to have this discussion. It's because common sense has flown out of the window, in the face of the lobbyists. Repeating your mantra will not lend validity to your position. Thank you for your responses, but your narrow "Give them whatever they want" view shows a lack of clarity and focus. And, no, you do not have any such ability, as it would require me to lower the bar of rationality, and some of us will not lose sight of what is right, no matter how fiercely the opposition tries to blur the issue.

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

Judged:

Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
Of you do you because you are arrogant enough to assume you have authority to choose what are basic human rights. That is the proper light.
Your self-righteous indignation does you little credit. You accuse me of arrogance, while it is you who is arrogant to assume (wrongly) that my position is wrong, and that yours is right, which it isn't. You should seek therapy. I find your "you have a problem" method of debate tiresome and mundane. As is usually the case, when arguing with a zealot. And, BTW, please learn to use proper grammatical structure, before attempting to use reason. Small steps first, Padawan... You must learn to walk, before trying to run.
Cali Girl 14

Idyllwild, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

Judged:

Randy Hudson Wooster Ohio wrote:
<quoted text>I have no problem. Taking you apart is too simple. Go away, street trash...
You go away you Neanderthal hillbilly!

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

Judged:

Six_Of_One wrote:
hmmm ... wow, I had a lot of typos in those couple posts. Guess I ought to proofread before typing in the number and hitting the button. Not that it really matters much, only a dufuss would point them out as some sort of 'point'. Still,...need to proofread.
See? Preposterous. You make mountains out of molehills and sweep your own errors away. I rest my case. You can't even post properly and yet you think that you are the final word on all things. I do believe that you are a child that has yet to develop your powers of judgement. This will come later, when your pre-frontal cortex finishes developing.

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

Judged:

chief22 wrote:
<quoted text>
it is not because they are homosexual, it is because they are not of opposite genders.
By the way there is no right to marry in the first place.
Correct.

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

Judged:

Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar (or unwittingly ignorant perhaps)...
According to The Universal Declaration of Human Rights which was signed through the United Nations by the countries of the world back in 1948, one of the basic human rights is the right to marry.
Another attempt to deceive. And, it's the U.N. that is attempting to undermine our solidarity, through the introductions of divisions, at every level of our social fabric. As we become divided, they gain ground in their attempt control America. And you, and your idiot brigade, do not realize this fact. To you, it's merely "The Springer Show", with your garish clowns trying to achieve the upper hand, through the shouting of the most insults. Can it, clown. You're out of your depth...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
I'm enjoying watching you attempt to place me on the defensive. It isn't working, though.
Not wrong at all. Marriage is for a mixed couple....
Trying to put you on the defensive? No. As I said, I don't believe there is any way I can personally change your view. And that doesn't bother me. But, so far you have been civil in your disagreements so I continue to respectfully disagree and offer my counter points.
<quoted text>
...My thoughtfulness obviously encompasses more of a complete picture than does yours. You are not placing all things in the proper perspective. Else, you would not dispute the term "anything goes". It is the very embodiment of SSM. "Anyone can do anything", right? Why else would we even have to have this discussion...
Well, the discussion is about gays being able to legally marry each other. Not animals. Not chirldren. Not dead people. Not polygamists. Not incest. Not,not, NOT 'anything goes'.
To continue to claim that gay marriage equates to 'anything goes' is intentionally to lie and example of why I feel your thoughfulness and critical ability to discuss on this matter is limited.
<quoted text>
... It's because common sense has flown out of the window, in the face of the lobbyists. Repeating your mantra will not lend validity to your position. Thank you for your responses, but your narrow "Give them whatever they want" view shows a lack of clarity and focus. And, no, you do not have any such ability, as it would require me to lower the bar of rationality, and some of us will not lose sight of what is right, no matter how fiercely the opposition tries to blur the issue.
Common sense is that denying total strangers the right to marry each other simply because their gay is hurtful, spiteful and benefits no one. Gays have just as much priviledge and worth in this world as you do and they belong no less than you. Would you accept it if a gay person could deny you the right to marry your wife becasue you're straight?

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
How deceitful.
The vast majority of those nations would never term ss couples as married, and you know it.
Marriage describes a distinct relationship in every single culture.
A ss couple can never equate to marriage.
Your deceit only exposes the weakness of your position.
Absolutely right!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
... And, BTW, please learn to use proper grammatical structure, before attempting to use reason. Small steps first, Padawan... You must learn to walk, before trying to run.
Wow, I didn't REALLY expect there to a grammar dufuss! sheesh.... great job, you really bolster your views well. LOL

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

Judged:

Cali Girl 14 wrote:
<quoted text>
You go away you Neanderthal hillbilly!
No, you go away. I said it first, nyah, I win...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
See? Preposterous. You make mountains out of molehills and sweep your own errors away. I rest my case. You can't even post properly and yet you think that you are the final word on all things. I do believe that you are a child that has yet to develop your powers of judgement. This will come later, when your pre-frontal cortex finishes developing.
Hmmm, trying to be cordial with you ;-)
...but if all you have left is calling me a child (and a neanderthal one at that) then maybe I should not.
Where exactly can one go to look up how to "even post properly"? Well?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
Another attempt to deceive. And, it's the U.N. that is attempting to undermine our solidarity, through the introductions of divisions, at every level of our social fabric. As we become divided, they gain ground in their attempt control America. And you, and your idiot brigade, do not realize this fact. To you, it's merely "The Springer Show", with your garish clowns trying to achieve the upper hand, through the shouting of the most insults. Can it, clown. You're out of your depth...
I respond to this in post #227962.
Marriage IS a right.
Period.
Whatever agenda you have with the UN has no bearring on this fact.
The UN wasn't even the first authority to affirm this right they are just they most easily recognizable.
Cali Girl 14

Idyllwild, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>No, you go away. I said it first, nyah, I win...
You are a male chauvinist pig and so
try and make me leave! You think yer
So great.You act like a woman hater!
You are a stupid know it all jerk!
Cali Girl 14

Idyllwild, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

Judged:

Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmm, trying to be cordial with you ;-)
...but if all you have left is calling me a child (and a neanderthal one at that) then maybe I should not.
Where exactly can one go to look up how to "even post properly"? Well?
Told ya! lol
Sponge

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

Spoonge Bob's revenge #227977
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

Judged:

Jake wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm talking about the ones directly related to homosexuals . The deadly virous introduced to this world specifically by homosexuals.
Guess again, closet boy. AIDS came from Africa. The've run the DNA.... it's scientific fact. Stop being an idiot.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Santa Cruz Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Santa Cruz People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Santa Cruz News, Events & Info