Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
191,141 - 191,160 of 200,576 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#221061 Oct 14, 2013
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Lets face the facts, as long as we DO NOT have term limits on Congress, nothing will change. Congress runs this country, not PODUS. As long as we have a two party system, we are in crap.
What do u want, a one party system?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#221062 Oct 14, 2013
Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
lol .. Wow, this is a homo room! I guess the Navy really was the right choice you pervert!
Yeah, but I didn't know you jarheaded homos came with the package until it was too late.

I enjoyed the lavish comforts of the Marine brig once for a very leisurely 33 days I thought would go on forever. You guys are such iceholes. Maggot this and maggot that. No couth. Half gay. Half a brain. OOO-RAH!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#221063 Oct 14, 2013
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>How is that?
There you go again.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#221064 Oct 14, 2013
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Lets face the facts, as long as we DO NOT have term limits on Congress, nothing will change. Congress runs this country, not PODUS. As long as we have a two party system, we are in crap.
Oy vey.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#221065 Oct 14, 2013
"PODUS" Too funny! President Of Da United States? YUK!YUK!YUK! What a dope.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#221066 Oct 14, 2013
Poof wrote:
If Congress does not re-open the government. and raise the debt limit we may not be a 2 party system for very long.

My only criticism for Obama is why is he negotiating with them at all. They closed the government, they are threatening to crash our elderlies retirement accounts, call their bluff, If they commit suicide we win, if they cave in we win

Why negotiate with them at all, they put themselves in this stupid position, let them get themselves out of it.

None of those things are within the power of the president, they are all in the power of congress

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#221067 Oct 14, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>Is a what?

Please post in adult English you illiterate dope.
That's Jizzy's Ebonics!

Location hidden

#221068 Oct 14, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>Jizzy is a commie. There's no hope for that silly jackass.
He voted for Ike!! Lol
Poof

Cambridge, IL

#221069 Oct 14, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>What do u want, a one party system?
Come on, if you wish to discuss this then be serious. You know as well as I, that we need a true third party. Not hard left, nor hard right. If congress can not find a way to accept that middle ground must be found, then nothing will change. Power shifts from side to side, every election cycle. As long as we have life long members of Congress controlling the power, nothing will change. Term limits on Congress and a third pary will make a change.
Look at this link, 30,40,50 almost 60 years in congress. Tell Me how much change can occur???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_members_...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#221070 Oct 14, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
If Congress does not re-open the government. and raise the debt limit we may not be a 2 party system for very long.
My only criticism for Obama is why is he negotiating with them at all. They closed the government, they are threatening to crash our elderlies retirement accounts, call their bluff, If they commit suicide we win, if they cave in we win
Why negotiate with them at all, they put themselves in this stupid position, let them get themselves out of it.
None of those things are within the power of the president, they are all in the power of congress
If Obama will not accept the money to run the government with a delay on Obamacare until someone reads the whole damn thing, it is his right. But it is also his responsibility.
Poof

Cambridge, IL

#221071 Oct 14, 2013
Cali Girl 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
He voted for Ike!! Lol
No dippy, in my life time. Gawwwd you're a putz. My first election was between Ford and Carter
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#221072 Oct 14, 2013
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Come on, if you wish to discuss this then be serious. You know as well as I, that we need a true third party. Not hard left, nor hard right. If congress can not find a way to accept that middle ground must be found, then nothing will change. Power shifts from side to side, every election cycle. As long as we have life long members of Congress controlling the power, nothing will change. Term limits on Congress and a third pary will make a change.
Look at this link, 30,40,50 almost 60 years in congress. Tell Me how much change can occur???
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_members_...
You said hard.

Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#221073 Oct 14, 2013
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>No dippy, in my life time. Gawwwd you're a putz. My first election was between Ford and Carter
You ran against Ford and Carter? Whoa!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#221074 Oct 14, 2013
Cali Girl 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's Jizzy's Ebonics!
WTF was Jizzy trying to say? "hutz putz"? Is that like a leather daddy?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#221075 Oct 14, 2013
Cali Girl 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
He voted for Ike!! Lol
Jizzy is lots of fun. Ah good times.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#221076 Oct 14, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
If Obama will not accept the money to run the government with a delay on Obamacare until someone reads the whole damn thing, it is his right. But it is also his responsibility.
Obama does not have the power to close or re-open the government, Congress does, Obama does not have the power to control the debt ceiling, Congress does.

Congress is threatening terror, and you donít negotiate with terrorists.

Location hidden

#221077 Oct 14, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>WTF was Jizzy trying to say? "hutz putz"? Is that like a leather daddy?
He must of thought it was rhyming
posts day...What a Derp! Maybe
he has Turret's syndrome ..Lol
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#221078 Oct 14, 2013
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Come on, if you wish to discuss this then be serious.
That's rich coming from you.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#221079 Oct 14, 2013
Cali Girl 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
He must of thought it was rhyming
posts day...What a Derp! Maybe
he has Turret's syndrome ..Lol
Is this Jizzy, do you think?

Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#221080 Oct 14, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama does not have the power to close or re-open the government, Congress does, Obama does not have the power to control the debt ceiling, Congress does.
Congress is threatening terror, and you donít negotiate with terrorists.
It is not terror. It is their job, and it is their obligation. If they weren't doing it they'd be remiss.

You don't like representative government? This is how it works. It's like sausage, delicious! Just don't watch it being made.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Cruz Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 59 min Tank ever 7,926
HUFF Launches Hunger Strike Against Parking Dis... (May '09) 1 hr bremen smug 11
Things in your backyard-- 4 hr Helms-enator 9
Ode to John Colby 7 hr hTLR 11
10 lost tribe racketeering protest at homeless... 21 hr Helms-enator 46
Watsonville police nab 37 suspected taggers (Apr '09) Wed sorry 143
Prosecutor seeking new judge in case of takeove... (Jun '12) Tue Anon 18
•••
•••
•••

Santa Cruz Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••