Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201811 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#232506 Sep 7, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I have your name tattooed on what flaps in the breeze.
Your toupee? Yeah that's it!

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#232507 Sep 7, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly boy, those were not my words about women, they were your God's words about women, directly from his rule book, the Bible, this is what YOU believe women should do, not me:
"...and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee (Genesis 3:16)."
"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man;....(1 Cor. 11:3)."
"Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man (1 Cor. 11:9)."
"Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husband, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife.... Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husband in every thing (Eph. 5:22-24)."
BS...eat your words. You can't take a sentence from any book and get the meaning, Read the whole book, understand the culture, the time, place.....
big rush

Sierra Madre, CA

#232508 Sep 8, 2014
Another Satan's disciple has come to join him.

S. Truett Cathy, the billionaire founder of the privately held Chick-fil-A restaurant chain that famously closes on Sundays but also drew unwanted attention on gay marriage in recent years because of his family's conservative views.
Giddygirl

United States

#232509 Sep 8, 2014
I take my gurl and eat at the Y .No man can even compete with my tounge technique .
Shaken nor stirred

Sierra Madre, CA

#232510 Sep 8, 2014
Shaken not stirred
Sgt Peppers

Gardnerville, NV

#232511 Sep 8, 2014
Let us count the ways the Chinger from Madre can find to say nothing. The mouth that roared: squeak, squeak.
bouncer

Sierra Madre, CA

#232512 Sep 8, 2014
It's still bouncing around a lot.
Los Angeles

Long Beach, CA

#232513 Sep 9, 2014
Sierra Madre is about as smart as a black in Chicago with a gun sling.

The Mexicans will learn, just like the Blacks have learned.

Eventually the Mexicans will get there if they have the mental aptitude.
Los Angeles

Long Beach, CA

#232514 Sep 9, 2014
I guess Americans are atheist. That is it. Times have changed and people have changed. From a Christian country to an Atheist country, all in under 400 years. I guess the next 100 years people will? This is for you Sierra Madre, the smart mexican man who knows everything and will get his Nobel Prize by the end of the year. Keep up the work.
Los Angeles

Long Beach, CA

#232515 Sep 9, 2014
Dear Sierra Madre,

Are you sure you are not a black from Chicago?
Los Angeles

Long Beach, CA

#232516 Sep 9, 2014
By the way, the Mexicans have created more Atheism in this country than any one race or ethnicity or nationality or color of skin tone. Their perversion of Catholicism is like a comedy show.

Dante's Inferno anyone?
Cali Girl 2014dal

Los Angeles, CA

#232517 Sep 9, 2014
Los Angeles wrote:
I guess Americans are atheist. That is it. Times have changed and people have changed. From a Christian country to an Atheist country, all in under 400 years. I guess the next 100 years people will? This is for you Sierra Madre, the smart mexican man who knows everything and will get his Nobel Prize by the end of the year. Keep up the work.
I have NEVER seen a Mexican atheist
Los Angeles

Long Beach, CA

#232518 Sep 9, 2014
Just like Chicago,

Bryan Stow and Kim Pham are attacked by inferior species.

Stupid little brown people from Mexico. I wonder what illegal aliens they are? Which galaxy do they come from? They are illegal aliens. That is their name.
Cali Girl 2014dal

Los Angeles, CA

#232520 Sep 9, 2014
Los Angeles wrote:
Atheist country my ass...Go down S.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#232521 Sep 9, 2014
Los Angeles wrote:
By the way, the Mexicans have created more Atheism in this country than any one race or ethnicity or nationality or color of skin tone. Their perversion of Catholicism is like a comedy show.
Dante's Inferno anyone?
Generalizing about a race, color of skin tone is not very Intelligent. Making a statement like you did should require some links and background which you offer none. Stupid you.
cherp

Azusa, CA

#232522 Sep 9, 2014
Just another chirping toad squawking out loud.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#232523 Sep 9, 2014
Cali Girl 2014dal wrote:
<quoted text>
And you sound like a nut!
Keep massaging your ego.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#232524 Sep 9, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>BS...eat your words. You can't take a sentence from any book and get the meaning, Read the whole book, understand the culture, the time, place.....
The same old 'out of context' ruse. The verses I posted, in or out of context have the same meaning, make the same point, and their meaning is not changed.

"...and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee (Genesis 3:16)."
"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man;....(1 Cor. 11:3)."
"Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man (1 Cor. 11:9)."
"Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husband, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife.... Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husband in every thing (Eph. 5:22-24)."

If they are out of context, put them back into context and prove I am wrong. How simple would that be?

What about these, are they out of context? It concerns the question of whether or not God's face has been seen.

John 1:18 "No man hath seen God at any time;..."
Exodus 33:20, And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
John 6:46 "Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father."
1 John 4:12 "No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us."

Versus

Gen. 32:30 "And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved."
Exod. 33:11 "And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend."
Num. 14:14 "...that thou LORD art seen face to face,..."
Job 42:5 "I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee."
Deut. 34:10 "And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face,..."
Deut. 5:4 "The LORD talked with you face to face...."

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#232525 Sep 9, 2014
Cali Girl 2014dal wrote:
<quoted text>
I have NEVER seen a Mexican atheist
I have never seen a real Christian.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#232526 Sep 9, 2014
Cali Girl 2014dal wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist country my ass...Go down S.
America has NEVER been a Christian country and everyone is born an Atheist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Cruz Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Santa Cruz homeless services facing cuts 6 min Donny B 65
Question for John E Colby 8 min The Truth Hurts 1
Question for Tom M Cunniff of TBSC 35 min Leo 3
FAT Pat should get a job at Chubbyland 1 hr The Truth Hurts 2
News Live Oak woman arrested for hit-and-run that in... (Nov '09) 2 hr Joseph McCann-Ross 30
How's the job search going John 6 hr The Truth Hurts 2
The Jimmy Springer Show Thu WooF 38
More from around the web

Santa Cruz People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]