SCPD Sgt Loran 'Butch' Baker Molested...
Capon John

United States

#21 Jul 29, 2013
How many children did the neighbors who finally got you evicted claim you molested John Colby, soon to be evicted, section 8 dwelling, two decades running, unemployed parasite. John is well known in the area for writing letters to different public agencies excoriating their behavior and making demands. The mayor of Santa Cruz chastised him for diverting monies for the homeless for his own personal agenda.
28 of his neighbors presented a petition to the management company of his apartment complex demanding his eviction claiming he was a child molester. SCPD doesn't answer his calls because he's a known crank and cries wolf to often.
You can verify a lot of this if you just Google John Colby Santa Cruz or take a look at his LinkedIn page and you'll see just exactly how nutty he is.

John, in a current Topix thread was voted less in touch with reality than a box of rocks by a 6-1. His neighbors are overjoyed at his eviction in
http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic ...?

Gone in 7 weeks!
Reality Check

San Francisco, CA

#22 Jul 29, 2013
Capon John wrote:
How many children did the neighbors who finally got you evicted claim you molested John Colby, soon to be evicted, section 8 dwelling, two decades running, unemployed parasite. John is well known in the area for writing letters to different public agencies excoriating their behavior and making demands. The mayor of Santa Cruz chastised him for diverting monies for the homeless for his own personal agenda.
28 of his neighbors presented a petition to the management company of his apartment complex demanding his eviction claiming he was a child molester. SCPD doesn't answer his calls because he's a known crank and cries wolf to often.
You can verify a lot of this if you just Google John Colby Santa Cruz or take a look at his LinkedIn page and you'll see just exactly how nutty he is.
John, in a current Topix thread was voted less in touch with reality than a box of rocks by a 6-1. His neighbors are overjoyed at his eviction in
http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic ...?
Gone in 7 weeks!
So you are equating Butch Baker's behavior with John Colby's?

Did Baker reply to the molestation accusations the women made?
vv0t

Santa Cruz, CA

#24 Jul 29, 2013
The Original Buzz wrote:
<quoted text>
You, John Colby, are not worth a pimple on the ass of any serving peace officer. Just starting a thread like this shows what kind low class loser you are and are deserving of the bottom-feeding existence you live! Eviction in 49 days!
Honestly, who cares what the guy thinks? He can troll these forums with baseless allegations all he wants. All he's doing is collecting his "information" so he can go to jail for exactly what he claims others are doing: cyberstalking.
Reality Check

Fremont, CA

#25 Jul 29, 2013
vv0t wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly, who cares what the guy thinks? He can troll these forums with baseless allegations all he wants. All he's doing is collecting his "information" so he can go to jail for exactly what he claims others are doing: cyberstalking.
Baseless allegations?

Didn't a dozen women hold a public press conference and accuse Baker of molesting them?

Who remembers the exact number of women it was?

Maybe it was nine?

What else are you covering up for the SCPD?

Some people claim Baker got his partner killed because he was a pervert.

Not my words, I'm just passing them along, but I do know it is true that women accused him of molesting them.
vvOt

Santa Cruz, CA

#26 Jul 29, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't a dozen women hold a public press conference and accuse Baker of molesting them?
Who remembers the exact number of women it was?
Maybe it was nine?
What else are you covering up for the SCPD?
Some people claim Baker got his partner killed because he was a pervert.
Not my words, I'm just passing them along, but I do know it is true that women accused him of molesting them.
Cite a source, otherwise it's hearsay and slander.
Reality Check

Fremont, CA

#27 Jul 29, 2013
vvOt wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know what the definition of slander is?

Your accusing me of that amounts to libel.

Baker was accused publicly by a group of women who said he molested them during some sort of Santa Cruz Police Department stops.

If you want to cover that info up, its up to you.

I say we revisit the information, since Baker is falsely being hailed as a hero, and also because there was never a proper investigation done into the incident.

I heard the SCPD just swept it under the rug.

They would never charge one of their own with wrong doing.
Reality Check

Fremont, CA

#28 Jul 29, 2013
vvOt wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is more info about improprieties by Baker....

Sgt Loran Butch Baker has a history of dubious activity, and his ctions once caused the City of Santa Cruz to settle over false arrest claims.

City of Santa Cruz Police Department Sgt. Loran Baker arrested longtime activist Robert Norse for "obstructing the sidewalk" on a "citizen's arrest" from Sushi Now! owner Matisse Selman on January 30, 2002. After videotaping him for several days, Baker then handcuffed and transported Norse to the local police station - though the "crime" was a minor infraction normally handled like a traffic ticket. This was the third time within a 7 month period that Baker had custodially arrested Norse on charges that were later dropped or were never even filed.

Attorney Kate Wells, a long time Santa Cruz civil rights lawyer, along with attorneys Jim and Rhonda Fossbinder, then sued the City, Selman, and Baker in Federal Court for false arrest and violation of the First Amendment right to speak and assemble. Two years later on September 14, the Santa Cruz City Council approved an out-of-court settlement of $5000.

Read more about Baker at....

http://santacruz.indymedia.org/newswire/displ...
vvOt

Santa Cruz, CA

#29 Jul 29, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know what the definition of slander is?
Your accusing me of that amounts to libel.
Baker was accused publicly by a group of women who said he molested them during some sort of Santa Cruz Police Department stops.
If you want to cover that info up, its up to you.
I say we revisit the information, since Baker is falsely being hailed as a hero, and also because there was never a proper investigation done into the incident.
I heard the SCPD just swept it under the rug.
They would never charge one of their own with wrong doing.
Cite a source that isn't Indybay media. Take me to court, I'm not scared of you in the least bit, in fact if I don't know who you are how can I defame your character? Also, I'm not covering any information up against the SCPD (nice attempt to twist what I've said though). I'm asking for a source of your information that you are passing along in your own special nutjob way of trolling.
Reality Check

Fremont, CA

#31 Jul 29, 2013
vvOt wrote:
<quoted text>
Cite a source that isn't Indybay media. Take me to court, I'm not scared of you in the least bit, in fact if I don't know who you are how can I defame your character? Also, I'm not covering any information up against the SCPD (nice attempt to twist what I've said though). I'm asking for a source of your information that you are passing along in your own special nutjob way of trolling.
Are you doubting any of the information I have communicated is true?

Maybe you could email Norse and he could provide you with the receipt from the city which was forced to pay him $5000 because of Baker's ignorance?

The press conference where the women accused Baker of molesting them was public.

Can't you find confirmation of this?

Are you only finding information about Baker's memorial bench?

The trolls in here know it to be true. That as a SCPD officer, he was accused of molesting a lot of women.

Are you new to Santa Cruz?

Try to find a citation about anything pre-2010 online and you will have difficulty.

Thankfully, Indymedia articles are still around, and we will have info like this for years to come.....

Mayor's Public Safety Task Force Member is "fine with junkies dying"
https://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2013/07/25/...

and

Was Tough-on-Crime Take Back Santa Cruz Founded by a Corporate Criminal?
https://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2010/06/02/...

Just because the info isn't online, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

I will look for more info about Baker being accused of the molestations, though.

A lot of people remember the press conference, so it must have been reported on by the Sentinel.
vvOt

Santa Cruz, CA

#32 Jul 29, 2013
The Original Buzz wrote:
Sounds like John has a new fan. Careful though he's going to add "vv0t" to his enemies list...
The person I was responding to uses Indybay Media as a citation, which is like using Wikipedia as a citation on a paper for school - it's not a valid source of factual information.
vvOt

Santa Cruz, CA

#33 Jul 29, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you doubting any of the information I have communicated is true?
Maybe you could email Norse and he could provide you with the receipt from the city which was forced to pay him $5000 because of Baker's ignorance?
The press conference where the women accused Baker of molesting them was public.
Can't you find confirmation of this?
Are you only finding information about Baker's memorial bench?
The trolls in here know it to be true. That as a SCPD officer, he was accused of molesting a lot of women.
Are you new to Santa Cruz?
Try to find a citation about anything pre-2010 online and you will have difficulty.
Thankfully, Indymedia articles are still around, and we will have info like this for years to come.....
Mayor's Public Safety Task Force Member is "fine with junkies dying"
https://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2013/07/25/...
and
Was Tough-on-Crime Take Back Santa Cruz Founded by a Corporate Criminal?
https://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2010/06/02/...
Just because the info isn't online, doesn't mean it didn't happen.
I will look for more info about Baker being accused of the molestations, though.
A lot of people remember the press conference, so it must have been reported on by the Sentinel.
Now we're on Norse? I thought we were talking about Baker? I asked you for a citation to the information that you are disseminating via Topix forums. I'm not new to Santa Cruz and I don't believe everything a random nobody tells me online either.

The burden of proof is on you for making these claims with no citation. Indymedia is a lousy online media site to use as a citation, just like using the Sentinel would be a lousy citation. I want proof, you provided the information on an online forum describing a cop as a sexual deviant. That is a pretty nasty thing to do, so all I want is the proof. Not hearsay, not rumors, PROOF.
Reality Check

Sunol, CA

#34 Jul 29, 2013
vvOt wrote:
<quoted text>
Now we're on Norse? I thought we were talking about Baker? I asked you for a citation to the information that you are disseminating via Topix forums. I'm not new to Santa Cruz and I don't believe everything a random nobody tells me online either.
The burden of proof is on you for making these claims with no citation. Indymedia is a lousy online media site to use as a citation, just like using the Sentinel would be a lousy citation. I want proof, you provided the information on an online forum describing a cop as a sexual deviant. That is a pretty nasty thing to do, so all I want is the proof. Not hearsay, not rumors, PROOF.
I said that a group of women accused Baker of molesting them.

That is important information to me that indicates Baker was probably not a good guy, and was a bad cop (in addition to the false arrest of Norse).

I'm not sure beyond that what kind of proof you are looking for, if indymedia and the sentinel are not sufficient for you.

Do you believe Rodney King was beaten by the cops in LA? For example, was that video enough for you?

Here is a video of a local SCPD officer Vasquez, is this the kind of proof you are looking for?

santa cruz officer slams drunk homeless man's face into concrete
http://youtu.be/1Tyj3yxwy-o

At about 1am on april 22, 2013 Downtown Santa Cruz, Pacific Avenue. I rode my bike past two guys sitting passively on a bench at night downtown. Then a cop stopped and one-thing-led-to-another and the officer hand cuffed one of them and "spun him" ... slamming the mans face with great force into the sidewalk.

This video is now the catalyst for a possible Santa Cruz police dept. policy change.

The victim was not told in the hospital that he had been injured by an officer of the scpd. He only found out 3 days later when I (videographer Brent Adams) found him and showed him the video. The blood stained the ground for nearly 3 days in front of Dell William's Jewelers.

If a police officer slams a homeless man to the ground fracturing his skull and someone isn't there to video tape it, did it even happen?
vvOt

Santa Cruz, CA

#35 Jul 29, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
That is important information to me that indicates Baker was probably not a good guy, and was a bad cop (in addition to the false arrest of Norse).
I'm not sure beyond that what kind of proof you are looking for, if indymedia and the sentinel are not sufficient for you.
Do you believe Rodney King was beaten by the cops in LA? For example, was that video enough for you?
Here is a video of a local SCPD officer Vasquez, is this the kind of proof you are looking for?
santa cruz officer slams drunk homeless man's face into concrete
http://youtu.be/1Tyj3yxwy-o
At about 1am on april 22, 2013 Downtown Santa Cruz, Pacific Avenue. I rode my bike past two guys sitting passively on a bench at night downtown. Then a cop stopped and one-thing-led-to-another and the officer hand cuffed one of them and "spun him" ... slamming the mans face with great force into the sidewalk.
This video is now the catalyst for a possible Santa Cruz police dept. policy change.
The victim was not told in the hospital that he had been injured by an officer of the scpd. He only found out 3 days later when I (videographer Brent Adams) found him and showed him the video. The blood stained the ground for nearly 3 days in front of Dell William's Jewelers.
If a police officer slams a homeless man to the ground fracturing his skull and someone isn't there to video tape it, did it even happen?
Now you bring a video of a man being roughly handled by a cop. I suppose the entire world and civil rights are coming to an end. In truth, you're a cop hater and use the internet to trash them anonymously. Oh, and thank you for sharing that you are Brent Adams.
Reality Check

Sunol, CA

#36 Jul 29, 2013
vvOt wrote:
<quoted text>
Or how about this, do you believe pro-surfer Ken Skindog Collins when he admits he is the one depicted in the video who is assaulting the homeless person....

Santa Cruz Clean Team Scandal Video
http://youtu.be/NMTYSZocv4k

He admits it in an interview in the Santa Cruz Weekly....

Local Cleanup Group Draws Controversy
http://www.santacruz.com/news/2013/06/11/loca...

Isn't the SC Weekly (published on santacruz.com ) a good enough source for you either?
Reality Check

Sunol, CA

#37 Jul 29, 2013
vvOt wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you bring a video of a man being roughly handled by a cop. I suppose the entire world and civil rights are coming to an end. In truth, you're a cop hater and use the internet to trash them anonymously. Oh, and thank you for sharing that you are Brent Adams.
I just wanted to know your thoughts about if it is a credible source of information for you.

I do think bad cops need to be held accountable for the bad deeds they do.

The SCPD report about Vasquez's actions that night was never released, and no independent audit was conducted.

Theses issues are at the core of democracy to me.
Reality Check

Sunol, CA

#38 Jul 29, 2013
vvOt wrote:
<quoted text>
We were talking about bad cops, so I introduced some violent cop footage, and footage of a violent wannabe cop (Skindog Collins).

If I was Brent Adams I would probably know more about when those women accused Officer Baker of molesting them.
Really Check

Santa Cruz, CA

#39 Jul 29, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying the Sentinel published an article accusing Sgt. Baker of molestation?
DBS

Sunnyvale, CA

#40 Jul 29, 2013
No John, nobody gives a crap about your fraudulent allegations.

Especially not when you trash a Policeman who was murdered in the line of duty.

Don't ever wonder why legions of people trash you, every chance they get.
Sexual harassment not OK

Santa Cruz, CA

#41 Jul 29, 2013
Stop sexual harassment in agriculture

July 27, 2013 11:27:00 PM

The Seattle Times editorial board

The enduring legacy of a recent PBS "Frontline" documentary will be the light shed on a subject deep in the shadows:
sexual assault in the U.S. agricultural industry.
From the nation's largest apple-growing operation, northwest of Yakima, Wash., to the citrus groves of Florida, women have been assaulted for generations.

"Rape in the Fields" details the human, legal and economic issues at play and, most important, sends the message the behavior will no longer occur with anonymous impunity.

The documentary is the work of the Center for Investigative Reporting in Berkeley and the Investigative Reporting Program at the UC Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism.

U.S. agriculture employs 560,000 women on U.S. farms. As the report notes, their vulnerability is compounded by their immigration status, poverty and the abject terror of losing a paycheck. Personal shame also deters reporting the assaults.

One of the stark revelations of the documentary is the near absence of criminal prosecutions. Even the willingness to investigate is compromised by a lack of physical evidence, few witnesses and, in some cases, a lack of training for local law enforcement and prosecutors.
The assaults can quickly devolve into he-said/she-said disputes. Overall, the effect is to create an environment where women who have been raped and abused remain silent. The federal government puts the estimate at 65 percent, according to the report.

This past spring a federal jury in Yakima rejected all the sexual-harassment claims against Evans Fruit Co.

The jury concluded that despite what might have happened, the company did not create a sexually hostile work environment.

Between 2005 and 2012, nearly 100 cases of alleged sexual harassment across Washington were reported by farm laborers to the state Human Rights Commission. Two-thirds were dismissed, and two dozen cases remain open.
Putting companies on notice that attention is being paid is a big step.
"Rape in the Fields" is an extraordinary piece of journalism that sheds light on vulnerable women who are put in harm's way by a willingness to do hard work to support themselves and their families.

Read more: http://www.appeal-democrat.com/articles/women...
Not a TBSC Member

Santa Cruz, CA

#42 Jul 29, 2013
vvOt wrote:
<quoted text>
He is not Brent Adams. Just a member of the Brent Adams fan club.
Brent hates cops and any form authority but he is not as deranged as John.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Cruz Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Unsolved homicide in Live Oak 15 years ago cont... (Apr '08) 1 hr We Won Absolutely 12
News Woman, 70, whacks intruder in head with sauce pan (Feb '09) Aug 15 Sherwin Nelson 3
News Santa Cruz rents drop to pre-2007 levels, but s... (Jan '10) Aug 14 Woof 79
News Street Smarts: Capitola traffic cam catches the... (Jul '10) Aug 13 1962 grand prix 35
News Twenty years later, former Santa Cruz mayor get... (Jul '08) Aug 2 is he american 53
News Santa Cruz body shop owner charged with defraud... Jul 25 Foxfur 1
News ICE agents arrest 52 in Santa Cruz, Monterey co... Jul 23 Karma 9

Santa Cruz Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Santa Cruz Mortgages