Santa Cruz massage therapist arrested...

Santa Cruz massage therapist arrested, accused of sexual battery

There are 59 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Mar 14, 2009, titled Santa Cruz massage therapist arrested, accused of sexual battery. In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

Police arrested a massage therapist Thursday on suspicion he inappropriately touched a client last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
anonymous

Palo Alto, CA

#57 Mar 16, 2009
He did something innapropriate with me too. I had a massage from him about 6 months ago. It wasnt taken nearly as far as it sounds like with this woman. But still...Your right whoever said it, I should have reported it at the time. I just heard that all the charges were dropped and he was released. yuck.
slightly salty

San Francisco, CA

#58 Mar 16, 2009
I can't believe the charges were dropped. Perhaps there is a lack of physical evidence, but the police are convinced that the woman's story is true. I hope this guy now has to find a new line of work, but I expect he will just move somewhere else and do it again.

“Online Editor, SCS”

Since: Feb 08

Santa Cruz

#59 Mar 16, 2009
Charges were dropped against massage therapist:
http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/ci_11925825
Truth

Santa Cruz, CA

#60 Mar 16, 2009
anonymous wrote:
He did something innapropriate with me too. I had a massage from him about 6 months ago. It wasnt taken nearly as far as it sounds like with this woman. But still...Your right whoever said it, I should have reported it at the time. I just heard that all the charges were dropped and he was released. yuck.
Ya, sure ya did...you liar
Truth

Santa Cruz, CA

#61 Mar 16, 2009
I hope Crow sues the Senile and puts them outta business.
JustBecause

United States

#62 Jan 17, 2011
Tom Moore wrote:
Charges were dropped against massage therapist:
http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/ci_11925825
Sociopaths are hard to convict. They choose the right victims. This forum and one on Facebook are the places where "we" can keep other women from falling victim. The "we" are the women who have been raped. We are used to the "what were you thinking?" and the "you should be sued for liable" crap. Let the person who has never been in a situation where they certainly didn't expect a "specific action" to occur and most people don't believe the "specific action" occurred at all. The easiest examples would be physical and mental abuse of a marriage partner or a child.
JustBecause

United States

#63 Jan 17, 2011
Truth wrote:
I hope Crow sues the Senile and puts them outta business.
You must be one of Crow's "friends" with whom is shares his medical pot (his medical condition a continued fabrication as his back is strong enough for s e x and constantly moving because he get kicked out of current victim's place - not to mention loading and unloading his drum kit - oh and playing his djembe that is strung on like a guitar!).

Or are you a silly partner possibly funding one of Crow's grows? Silly because Crow doesn't have a long enough attention space to take care of the plants. And silly because why would you go into business with a liar?

Or you are just a dude who has a chip on their shoulder and clueless.

Since: Feb 08

Santa Cruz

#64 Jan 22, 2011
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, sure ya did...you liar
Look, this person has nothing to gain by reporting inappropriate behavior, certainly not for the anonymous attention. Any professional who has physical contact with another person in their line of business had better make darn sure that his/her actions can in no way be misinterpreted as inappropriate. This is just good common sense, even if the client "seems" to invite it. Don't go there! There is just too much at stake.

Since: Feb 08

Santa Cruz

#65 Jan 22, 2011
slightly salty wrote:
I can't believe the charges were dropped. Perhaps there is a lack of physical evidence, but the police are convinced that the woman's story is true. I hope this guy now has to find a new line of work, but I expect he will just move somewhere else and do it again.
The cops are "spring-loaded" to convict, especially in this type of case. The cards are stacked against the defendant.
NotTrue

United States

#66 Aug 14, 2011
Carl Bendix wrote:
<quoted text>The cops are "spring-loaded" to convict, especially in this type of case. The cards are stacked against the defendant.
It is not the police that convict. They arrested him and took the 5 hour testimony that fully agreed with the victim's account. The police turned it over to the Prosecutor in the DA's office. THEY are the ones who didn't take it to court. They based this decision on the fact that the victim had been abused as a child. Ask any one in a DA's office - if the victim of a sex crime has ANY issue (sexual especially) they are considered unreliable. Google the serial killer in Ohio who killed over 10 prostitutes. One prostitute who got away tried went to the police. The police couldn't get the DA's office to prosecute. He went to kill more women.
Taxed Enough Already

Broomfield, CO

#67 Aug 14, 2011
Carl Bendix wrote:
<quoted text>Look, this person has nothing to gain by reporting inappropriate behavior, certainly not for the anonymous attention. Any professional who has physical contact with another person in their line of business had better make darn sure that his/her actions can in no way be misinterpreted as inappropriate. This is just good common sense, even if the client "seems" to invite it. Don't go there! There is just too much at stake.
Puhleez.. for one, it's probably difficult for you to fathom then what goes through the mind of a vindictive female who is unable to secure her, "conquest" - whereby pattern exists how some women coerce guys into sex - via blackmail in slander for rape.

These themes are nothing new - and comes up in biblical history also in the Old Testament where a guy called Joseph had to endure the same type of thing from his supervisor's wife. Only, he got convicted and spent much jail time for something he didn't do. Guilt by accusation.

Why ANY WOMAN would have practioning of this nature, by a guy she doesn't know, or never knew, is beyond me. Seems pretty ditsy and manipulative.

And why a guy in this profession would assume the risk as a practioner with a world of noxiously ambitious vampire vixens whose estrogen is simply out of control makes you kind of wonder if he might be a little naive or retarded anyway.

The DA is a sex crime specialist. Right up his ally, if it's not the only thing he knows.
She Who Knows 2

Lakewood, CA

#68 Nov 12, 2011
She who knows wrote:
<quoted text>
You got one of the few normal massages. He is a sexual preditor. He can and sometimes does a good energetic massage. But if he is turned on by something he can't keep his figures etc. in check. And it is not because the client is asking. It happens very subtly. And he preys on insecure, emotionally unstable women. He defends himself by saying he is just giving them the love they need. He tried to explain that to the husband after he started taking it too far... like brushing her body with his hair and breathing on her monds venus.
Dear "She Who Knows" - I have no idea if you will ever read this, but trust me when I say that if you have any direct knowledge about this guy, the Los Angeles County Sheriff would find it very helpful.
I know this Guy

Tehachapi, CA

#69 Jan 31, 2012
She Who Knows 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear "She Who Knows" - I have no idea if you will ever read this, but trust me when I say that if you have any direct knowledge about this guy, the Los Angeles County Sheriff would find it very helpful.
I have personal knowledge of Ken Lord and will tell you that he is a sociopath. I do not know the woman who was assaulted by him in Santa Cruz, but I absolutely positively know this happened. This man is a predator and has no conscience. He is nothing more than an actor. He gets away with years and years of harming people and the reason he gets away with it is that he is good at it! He is a skilled predator.
sociopaths suk

Watsonville, CA

#70 Jan 31, 2012
I know this Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I have personal knowledge of Ken Lord and will tell you that he is a sociopath. I do not know the woman who was assaulted by him in Santa Cruz, but I absolutely positively know this happened. This man is a predator and has no conscience. He is nothing more than an actor. He gets away with years and years of harming people and the reason he gets away with it is that he is good at it! He is a skilled predator.
There are a lot of sociopaths. I believe that the number is one in twenty is a sociopath according to the "sociopath next door". We cross path with them more than we realize. Just hope you don't get caught in their crosshairs.
I know this guy

Tehachapi, CA

#71 Jul 20, 2012
Taxed Enough Already wrote:
<quoted text>
Puhleez.. for one, it's probably difficult for you to fathom then what goes through the mind of a vindictive female who is unable to secure her, "conquest" - whereby pattern exists how some women coerce guys into sex - via blackmail in slander for rape.
These themes are nothing new - and comes up in biblical history also in the Old Testament where a guy called Joseph had to endure the same type of thing from his supervisor's wife. Only, he got convicted and spent much jail time for something he didn't do. Guilt by accusation.
Why ANY WOMAN would have practioning of this nature, by a guy she doesn't know, or never knew, is beyond me. Seems pretty ditsy and manipulative.
And why a guy in this profession would assume the risk as a practioner with a world of noxiously ambitious vampire vixens whose estrogen is simply out of control makes you kind of wonder if he might be a little naive or retarded anyway.
The DA is a sex crime specialist. Right up his ally, if it's not the only thing he knows.
To "Taxed Enough Already"
You are blaming the victim here. Why? Most sexual assaults actually go unreported. Or are you so unaware and uninformed that you don't know this. By the way you mentioned his "profession" - this guy may have taken the appropriate classes and have a license, but there is nothing professional about him. He has stolen from his employers and his friends. THAT is a FACT!
I happened to know this guy from many years ago. It took me a while to figure him out because his has a very good facade that shows people that he is a caring and sensitive. THIS IS A COMPLETE ACT! HE IS A MANIPULATOR AND A LIAR!
Ken Lord has a long, long trail behind him. He has very strong indications of being a sociopath who has not one ounce of conscience, even while he puts on an act which includes "alligator tears". He is an actor and has harmed many, many people in his lifetime.
He is also a thief and a liar and is completely out for himself.. In fact, he lies even when there is no call for a lie.
Looking back, I can honestly say that Ken Lord is one of the most evil persons I have encountered in my lifetime.
He is an actor, a manipulator and he has no soul.
I know this guy

Tehachapi, CA

#72 Jul 20, 2012
She who knows wrote:
<quoted text>
Sentinel is just reporting not judging. And in my direct experience in knowing the dude, he is guilty as sin and karma has just kicked in.
I am also someone who knew this guy. He does leave a trail of carnage behind him. His cover gets blown and he simply moves on. He doesn't change because he is not concerned with changing. He has no concern for his victims either.

I actually emailed the victim in this case and had some correspondence with her. I believe every word of what she said and it is pathetic that Ken Lord, once again, got away with it. He always seems to get away with it. It appears that he is
good at what he does.
Buzz

United States

#73 Jul 28, 2012
I knew this guy too!
marcy hewitt mother

Santa Cruz, CA

#74 May 15, 2014
was Michael clement arrested on may 13,2014 at the santa cruz warf. if he was make him go into a program, and get some help, he needs it ,were all tired of his behavior, and drinking,
Peter Vayeos

Lynn, MA

#75 Jun 19, 2014
Buzz wrote:
I knew this guy too!
He who farts in the Church
sits in its own pew.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Cruz Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Home sweet sedan: Car camping in Santa Cruz County (May '15) 4 hr eye bleach 23
Take Back Santa Cruz Spammers (May '13) Sep 17 Buzz 47
Jim Spring, Failed PhD (Apr '14) Sep 15 Now Hiring 70
The Jimmy Springer Show (Feb '15) Sep 13 Now Hiring 65
News Hearing begins to determine if Santa Cruz teen ... Sep 12 jim w 1
News Santa Cruza s Garfield Park church for sale at $3M Sep 9 BUMP 1
News Coast Line: Art of Communication to host festiv... Sep 7 mr rogers 2

Santa Cruz Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Santa Cruz Mortgages