Santa Cruz homeless encampment lackin...

Santa Cruz homeless encampment lacking political traction

There are 79 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Aug 4, 2014, titled Santa Cruz homeless encampment lacking political traction. In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

Homeless Sanctuary advocates Brent Adams, right, and Stacey Falls hear Robert Pherery's thoughts on the sanctuary as they sit in the shade at San Lorenzo Park in Santa Cruz on Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
ANON

Aptos, CA

#1 Aug 5, 2014
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh DBS is gunna call it a 'BUMFEST' right?
ANON

Aptos, CA

#2 Aug 5, 2014
"You're not going to have anybody," said the 31-year-old Coon, her legs wrapped in a sheet and her Labrador-pit bull mix Kona curled at her feet. "The homeless don't like to have an ID. Having information, any little piece of it, can be dangerous. I've had my ID stolen twice."

And the bigots on the CC and TBSC and the COP shop make it impossible to RENT A MOTEL ROOM to get off the streets. SICK base-trards. uuuhhhaha
ANON

Aptos, CA

#3 Aug 5, 2014
Hey city F9898294kING council: MY CASH IS my i.d. at Motels. BUG OUTT my bizzzz.fuaaakkknitzzz.....
ANON

Aptos, CA

#4 Aug 5, 2014
lol tha trolls think Paul MendozaVillasizgaziyo is JohnnyC.
ANON

Aptos, CA

#5 Aug 5, 2014
AND BrentFugly's new pro-fo pic looks like some kind of marble bust statue one might have of Bach or something.? Great PIC duuuuuuuude!
WooF

Santa Cruz, CA

#6 Aug 5, 2014
ANON wrote:
lol tha trolls think Paul MendozaVillasizgaziyo is JohnnyC.
Paul Mendoza says "I'm not John."

Yea, we've heard that before.
WooF

Santa Cruz, CA

#7 Aug 5, 2014
ANON wrote:
AND BrentFugly's new pro-fo pic looks like some kind of marble bust statue one might have of Bach or something.? Great PIC duuuuuuuude!
See how quickly Paul Mendoza defends Brent.

Brent gets called out on his sarcastic and condescending attitude.

The headline should say "lacks political tact" instead of "lacking in political traction."
Donny B

Fairfax, VA

#8 Aug 5, 2014
To see John Colby's curriculum shitae, Google search "john e. colby" and visit his LinkedIn page. It's very illuminating.

-----

John's eviction details and more.

http://northbaymds.blogspot.com/2013/06/santa...

-----

John making demands (be sure to click on the embedded links).

http://northbaymds.blogspot.com/2013/08/smoki...

http://northbaymds.blogspot.com/2013/07/john-...

-----

A sample of John in "rant mode".

https://www.indybay.org/uploads/2012/07/22/re...

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search...

-----

See John's two posts in the comment section.

http://maggiemcneill.wordpress.com/2013/03/19...

-----

John Colby endangered several of his so-called "clients" (Steve Lazow and Andrea Morgan) by posting their personal information and pictures on the Internet during the period June through 2 August 2012. In both instances, John posted particularly detailed information about their physical infirmities, health issues, and included several pictures of them on the Internet. In the case of Ms Morgan, twenty-three days after John's post in Indybay, Ms Morgan was robbed.

https://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2012/06/11/...

https://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2012/08/02/...

https://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2012/08/26/...

So, how much did the publishing of Ms. Morgan's health issues, vulnerabilities, and pictures contribute to her becoming a victim of the robbery? How much did the publishing of Ms Morgan's pictures aid the robber in identifying this fragile human being as being a good target for a robbery? John's very quick to remind everyone that he has a PhD in Computer Science and yet even a freshman taking computer science classes knows the dangers of posting personal information on the Internet. As a PhD, John Colby's actions, in that regard, were careless and negligent to the extreme.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxTKPdmfF4X8S...

John's also careless about posting his own personal information and that of his sister, Pat. Pictures, home address, phone numbers, the list goes on and on. One one occasion, he even posted his credit card number.

-----

One of John's achievements.

https://www.facebook.com/login.php...

-----

Check out the June 12 edition of Robert Norse's FRSC show with John and Pat Colby providing comic and idiotic relief at:

http://radiolibre.org/brb/brb140612.mp3

Throughout the show:

--- Robert messes with the heads of John and Pat Colby.

--- Pat/Jabba is kissing Robert's arse throughout the interview (non-stop "I agree with you, Robert")

--- John the Loon comes across as ignorant (Ummmmm.... Ummmmm.... I don't know.) and is constantly being fed words from his puppet master, Pat/Jabba (I guess we know who wears the pants in that family and it isn't John).

Why would Robert bring the Colbys on the show to talk about a subject that they do not sound very competent in discussing? I can think of two reasons. First, after listening to the Colby toadies, it makes Robert sound all that much more intelligent by comparison. Secondly, it probably was a vanity thing. I'm sure Robert just loved the way John and Pat slobbered over and yielded to his points of view.

-----
Donny B

Fairfax, VA

#9 Aug 5, 2014
WooF wrote:
<quoted text>Paul Mendoza says "I'm not John."
Yea, we've heard that before.
Paul could be Pat/Jabba in drag....
Donny B Lying Again

Hayward, CA

#11 Aug 5, 2014
Donny B wrote:
John Colby endangered several of his so-called "clients" (Steve Lazow and Andrea Morgan) by posting their personal information and pictures on the Internet during the period June through 2 August 2012. In both instances, John posted particularly detailed information about their physical infirmities, health issues, and included several pictures of them on the Internet. In the case of Ms Morgan, twenty-three days after John's post in Indybay, Ms Morgan was robbed.
https://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2012/06/11/...
https://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2012/08/02/...
https://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2012/08/26/...
You always forget to mention that John Colby got Ms Morgan housing as a result of this advocacy.....I dont know much about Steve L, but I assume Colby found him housing as well, considering what a liar you are, Donny.....
Donny B

Fairfax, VA

#12 Aug 5, 2014
Donny B Lying Again wrote:
<quoted text>
You always forget to mention that John Colby got Ms Morgan housing as a result of this advocacy.....I dont know much about Steve L, but I assume Colby found him housing as well, considering what a liar you are, Donny.....
I didn't forget anything. DON LANE is the one who found housing for Ms Morgan. John Colby can't even get himself housed after numerous offenses and being evicted from Section 8 housing.

Since YOU don't post facts and like to "speculate", why don't you speculate on the following:

WHY did John Colby feel it necessary to broadcast and article to the world via the internet titled "Homeless Services Center puts anemic woman [Ms Morgan] on the streets where she can be raped or robbed", thereby making Ms Morgan an immediate target?

WHY did John Colby feel it necessary to publish pictures of a frail looking Ms Morgan with her walker (she needed the walker to stand erect)?

WHY did John Colby feel it necessary to go into great detail about Ms Morgan's medical conditions and her frailty?

WHY did John Colby feel it necessary to paint a target on the back of Ms Morgan????????

https://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2012/08/02/...
Donny B Lying Constantly

San Jose, CA

#13 Aug 5, 2014
Donny B wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't forget anything. DON LANE is the one who found housing for Ms Morgan. John Colby can't even get himself housed after numerous offenses and being evicted from Section 8 housing.
Since YOU don't post facts and like to "speculate", why don't you speculate on the following:
WHY did John Colby feel it necessary to broadcast and article to the world via the internet titled "Homeless Services Center puts anemic woman [Ms Morgan] on the streets where she can be raped or robbed", thereby making Ms Morgan an immediate target?
WHY did John Colby feel it necessary to publish pictures of a frail looking Ms Morgan with her walker (she needed the walker to stand erect)?
WHY did John Colby feel it necessary to go into great detail about Ms Morgan's medical conditions and her frailty?
WHY did John Colby feel it necessary to paint a target on the back of Ms Morgan????????
https://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2012/08/02/...
Yes, Donny, after John Colby contacted Mayor Lane many times, Colby was able to convince him to get Ms Morgan housing. Colby tirelessly advocated for Ms Morgan to be treated fairly by the city and the county and he contacted a lot of people on her behalf. He was finally successful and found her housing through the Mayor of Santa Cruz. Have you ever gone to such lengths to find a homeless person housing, Donny B?

What do you know about Ms Morgan being robbed?

So you are saying the person who robbed her saw her picture online first?

AND they read she was homeless so the person went and searched for her outside where she was sleeping?

Did the picture reveal her exact location?

Did she camp in the same spot regularly?

When exactly did John Colby get her housing?

How long after she was robbed did he and Don Lane get her housing?

Was it before or after John Colby debated the Mayor on television?

Well?????
ANON

Santa Cruz, CA

#14 Aug 5, 2014
Donny B wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't forget anything. DON LANE is the one who found housing for Ms Morgan. John Colby can't even get himself housed after numerous offenses and being evicted from Section 8 housing.
Since YOU don't post facts and like to "speculate", why don't you speculate on the following:
WHY did John Colby feel it necessary to broadcast and article to the world via the internet titled "Homeless Services Center puts anemic woman [Ms Morgan] on the streets where she can be raped or robbed", thereby making Ms Morgan an immediate target?
WHY did John Colby feel it necessary to publish pictures of a frail looking Ms Morgan with her walker (she needed the walker to stand erect)?
WHY did John Colby feel it necessary to go into great detail about Ms Morgan's medical conditions and her frailty?
WHY did John Colby feel it necessary to paint a target on the back of Ms Morgan????????
https://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2012/08/02/...
I dare you people to stop posting that stupid name every time. You are giving that person an ego by doing so and it would be better if you denied them the ability to troll you about it.
Anon

Santa Cruz, CA

#15 Aug 5, 2014
Donny B Lying Constantly wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Donny, after John Colby contacted Mayor Lane many times...
How would you know how many times Colby contacted Lane? Oh, that's right, it's you, Colby.
Donny B

San Jose, CA

#16 Aug 5, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
How would you know how many times Colby contacted Lane? Oh, that's right, it's you, Colby.
That information was in the links I provided.

Doh!
Donny B

San Jose, CA

#17 Aug 5, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
How would you know how many times Colby contacted Lane? Oh, that's right, it's you, Colby.
Also, you arent supposed to admit Colby found her housing!!!!!
Donny B

San Jose, CA

#18 Aug 5, 2014
ANON wrote:
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh DBS is gunna call it a 'BUMFEST' right?
Did he mention Lollapalooza again?

Those Lollapalooza sized bumfests are killers!!!!!!
WooF

Santa Cruz, CA

#19 Aug 5, 2014
Donny B wrote:
<quoted text>
Did he mention Lollapalooza again?
Those Lollapalooza sized bumfests are killers!!!!!!
I prefer Burning-Man-Sized Bumfests.
ANON

Martinez, CA

#20 Aug 5, 2014
102 comments. The article is blowing up.
ANON

Martinez, CA

#21 Aug 5, 2014
"Yes we can."

Brent local heroic activist is UN-deterred.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Cruz Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
DBS: Stop stalking and I will employ you (Sep '13) 6 hr Neary Lagoon 167
News Guerrero pleads guilty to second-degree murder (Jul '08) 20 hr Anim 12
News Twenty years later, former Santa Cruz mayor get... (Jul '08) Wed Carl Bendix 52
News Santa Cruz body shop owner charged with defraud... Tue Foxfur 1
News Vagos motorcycle club targeted in Southern Cali... (Mar '06) Jul 24 Pasquali 4,850
News ICE agents arrest 52 in Santa Cruz, Monterey co... Jul 23 Karma 9
News Santa Cruz rents drop to pre-2007 levels, but s... (Jan '10) Jul 23 Karma 78

Santa Cruz Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Santa Cruz Mortgages