Calling Topix users 'John Colby'

Posted in the Santa Cruz Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Reality Check

Foster City, CA

#1 Dec 30, 2012
Anyone who reads this forum will note quickly that the Topix trolls who post in here call everyone who posts something they disagree with 'John Colby'

1-'John Colby' is a local writer and homeless advocate who they harrass, bully, and stalk online because he is an advocate for the poor in our area.

2- The individuals primarily responsible for this are:

DBS/openid/Taxpayer/The Beast From the East
Buzz
Sum Dim
Donny B

They have stalked John Colby for some time now, and they pretty much constantly threaten him.

3- There isnt even any proof that Colby posts on Topix under any of the names they refer to as being 'John Colby'

4- They must be threatened by Colby's successes. Recently a disabled homeless woman he advocates for was found assistance with housing.

5- I am not John Colby, and I am not related to him, and I do not know him/

6- Having said that, I don't plan to talk about him much in the future on Topix, but I do expect the trolls to keep calling me Colby, because they know they are wrong about pretty much everything in life, and because they can't win by telling the truth, which is that Colby succeeded in his goal to help the homeless.

7- You will never find out who I really am, you stupid, stupid trolls!

8- If you are reading this, John Colby, good luck to you. Your good actions are their own reward, and unfortunatley, life is full of violent idiots like the trolls on topix.

PEACE
John the lying crapsack

Sunnyvale, CA

#2 Dec 30, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
1-'John Colby' is a local writer and homeless advocate

4- They must be threatened by Colby's successes.
BWAAAAA HAAAAAA HAAAAAA HAAAAAAa!!!!!!!
Reality Check

Foster City, CA

#3 Dec 30, 2012
John the lying crapsack wrote:
<quoted text>
BWAAAAA HAAAAAA HAAAAAA HAAAAAAa!!!!!!!
DBS, do you ever take a day off from trolling?
check out time

Santa Cruz, CA

#4 Dec 30, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
3- There isnt even any proof that Colby posts on Topix under any of the names they refer to as being 'John Colby'
Wrong.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/santa-cruz-ca...
Reality Check wrote:
4- They must be threatened by Colby's successes. Recently a disabled homeless woman he advocates for was found assistance with housing.
PEACE
Right, through the assistance of Don Lane, not John Colby.
Reality Check

Foster City, CA

#5 Dec 30, 2012
check out time wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/santa-cruz-ca...
<quoted text>
Right, through the assistance of Don Lane, not John Colby.
That someone is posting anonymously as 'John Colby' on Topix means nothing. Those posts aren't from a registered user.

John Colby first brought about awareness of the troubles Andrea Morgan, who was disabled and homeless, was having by writing an Indybay article. He then foused on Lane in another Indybay article, and he eventually debated Lane on community tv. It was Colby (and Robert Norse's) persistence that lead to Andrea Morgan being assisted by Lane. It didn't just all happen on its own.

Thank you for confirming Colby's success in this case.
an inconvenient post

Santa Cruz, CA

#6 Dec 30, 2012
John the Jealous Leech

Santa Cruz, CA

#7 Dec 30, 2012
an inconvenient post wrote:
Since Colby has damaged every cause in which he has been associated, it has to be coincidence.

John's only real achievement is managing to stay alive despite the fact he does nothing to support himself.
Reality Check

Berkeley, CA

#8 Dec 30, 2012
Not Reality Check wrote:
...4- They must be threatened by Colby's successes. Recently a disabled homeless woman he advocates for was found assistance with housing...
John wrote an article on Indybay, and the next morning the sun came up. Therefore the sun came up because John wrote an article.
no dice

Santa Cruz, CA

#9 Jan 1, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
1-'John Colby' is a local writer and homeless advocate who they harrass, bully, and stalk online because he is an advocate for the poor in our area.
The posters here who hurt Colby's feelings do so because he has shown himself to lack any credibility or sense of responsibility (or much sense at all), not because of his self-promoting sham advocacy of the homeless and poor.

Posters who incur the ire of their critics here, often through making a series of false statements that they are unable to account for, get a "fan club."
See BJ and loweroaklandlocal for examples.
Reality Check

Foster City, CA

#10 Jan 1, 2013
no dice wrote:
<quoted text>
The posters here who hurt Colby's feelings do so because he has shown himself to lack any credibility or sense of responsibility (or much sense at all), not because of his self-promoting sham advocacy of the homeless and poor.
Posters who incur the ire of their critics here, often through making a series of false statements that they are unable to account for, get a "fan club."
See BJ and loweroaklandlocal for examples.
I don't know that anyone's feelings have been hurt here, I don't really see any evidence of that.
no dice

Santa Cruz, CA

#11 Jan 1, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know that anyone's feelings have been hurt here, I don't really see any evidence of that.
In other words, John Colby hasn't felt harassed, stalked, or bullied?
Reality Check

Foster City, CA

#12 Jan 1, 2013
no dice wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, John Colby hasn't felt harassed, stalked, or bullied?
I assume he has felt harrassed, stalked, and bullied.

That doesn't mean he has taken it personally.

In my opinion, you Topix Trolls should be jailed. It's nothing personal, I just believe that you all have broken the law.

When your sentence is over, I hope you all can be rehabilited so that you can transition back into society to be productive members.

I don't spite you for your personality flaws and poor upbringings.
no dice

Santa Cruz, CA

#13 Jan 1, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
In my opinion, you Topix Trolls should be jailed. It's nothing personal, I just believe that you all have broken the law.
You wish to have posters jailed for exercising their constitutional right to free speech?

Can you cite which laws have been broken?
Reality Check

Foster City, CA

#14 Jan 1, 2013
no dice wrote:
<quoted text>
You wish to have posters jailed for exercising their constitutional right to free speech?
Can you cite which laws have been broken?
They have been mentioned. Google them. Also, hate speech isn't protected.

These are basics. Talking to you is like moving through time in reverse.
no dice

Santa Cruz, CA

#15 Jan 1, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
They have been mentioned. Google them. Also, hate speech isn't protected.
These are basics. Talking to you is like moving through time in reverse.
Once again, when asked to show evidence to support your statements, you provide nothing. If laws were broken, can you cite which laws, or even cite and link to posts where they have been mentioned before?
Reality Check

Foster City, CA

#16 Jan 1, 2013
no dice wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, when asked to show evidence to support your statements, you provide nothing. If laws were broken, can you cite which laws, or even cite and link to posts where they have been mentioned before?
No. I get sick of repeating myself here. Trolls like you make people like me repeat things a million times to waste our time.

Can't you think of something more productive to do?

You know you are harrassing Colby. Cyber-bullying, stalking, I don't care what you google, but use your research skills.

Also, one of you went to Becky Johnson's house and put a piece of fruit in her tailpipe. Why don't you research all of the possible laws that were broken there?
no dice

Santa Cruz, CA

#17 Jan 2, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
You know you are harrassing Colby. Cyber-bullying, stalking, I don't care what you google, but use your research skills.
And if you had a leg to stand on, you would be able to cite which laws were broken.
Reality Check

Foster City, CA

#18 Jan 2, 2013
no dice wrote:
<quoted text>
And if you had a leg to stand on, you would be able to cite which laws were broken.
Like I said, I'm not going to state the obvious with you trolls over and over again.

My last question to you for the time being:

Is DBS your bf?

Are you DBS' gf?
STOMP

Sunnyvale, CA

#19 Jan 2, 2013
no dice wrote:
<quoted text>
He's too FAT to stand on one leg!!

Like FAT Pat!!
Bottom of the Barrel

United States

#20 Jan 2, 2013
STOMP wrote:
<quoted text>
He's too FAT to stand on one leg!!
Like FAT Pat!!

Either of the Colbys legs would look better below a rhinoceros.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Cruz Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did the Colby's parents die from shame or embar... 1 hr Just Wondering 3
Public disruption over armored vehicle ends San... 3 hr DBS 29
If you live in California---Do you love the Uni... 4 hr homeless person 4
Brannon Schell is a Lying Hive Troll 7 hr Curious Cat 109
Fish meet grisly end at Santa Cruz harbor 7 hr Curious Cat 9
SV Teacher "Buzz" still stalking topix users (Jan '14) 7 hr Curious Cat 658
On the 6th day of X-mas (DBS version) (Dec '13) 11 hr Donny B 45
Santa Cruz Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web