Brookdale Inn fire called 'suspicious'

Brookdale Inn fire called 'suspicious'

There are 51 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Aug 19, 2009, titled Brookdale Inn fire called 'suspicious'. In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

Fire investigators said the cause of Tuesday's fire at the Brookdale Inn has not been determined but called the blaze that torched 20 apartments, four vehicles and displaced 65 people 'suspicious.' The county red tagged the inn on Wednesday, Boulder Creek Fire Chief Kevin McClish said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Pat Kittle

Boulder Creek, CA

#48 Aug 20, 2009
Juanita wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think it matters what his legal status is he is a single father raising his kids at least he is there for his children how many father's are there for their children only raciest narrow minded people would be concerned about his legal status not what's going to happen to the family now....
Only an ecological ignoramus would refuse to acknowledge we are already overpopulated, which is why I refrained from having ANY children.

The San Lorenzo Valley will not remain the beautiful forested land it is if every overbreeder on Earth is made to feel welcome to barge in.

If you really care about indigenous people, you'd realize the Ohlone keep their population much smaller than what we have already, and that was the key to their peaceful sustainable life.

Mexicans brag about outbreeding gringos and "taking over" -- you'll no doubt claim that's just a very tiny minority of Mexicans, but it's much more than that. They even call themselves "The Race" ("La Raza")-- how much more racist can you get?

If "poor" Juan was legal we'd probably have been pompously told so by now, so it's very likely we are encouraging further illegal overbreeding aliens, thanks to our misguided PC enablers.

I repeat -- YOU are an ecological ignoramus. I'd say the same things I'm saying regardless of race.
Pat Kittle

Boulder Creek, CA

#49 Aug 20, 2009
Creekan wrote:
<quoted text>
The article said, "The single father's three children, ages 3, 10 and 12, were home with friends at the time." I assumed that meant friends of the parent -- adults. Maybe not. But the kids weren't alone.
Also, to the poster who was worked up over a family of four in a one-bedroom with a loft ... so the loft is probably used as a second bedroom, which is typical throughout the SLV. Means that the kids share a room. What, were you an only child and never had to share a room? Lucky!
I don't know this Juan guy, but seems to me that harshing on some poor single parent of THREE who just got burned out of his apartment is in a league with taking candy from babies. Go play grammar cop or something instead.
You'd probably feel even sorrier for "poor" Juan if he had 10 anchor babies instead of 3.

It's great to have a heart, but it's equally important to have a brain -- we cannot let every overbreeder on Earth move here just because they want to.

The very least illegals could do when they sneak in here is refrain from making our population problem even worse by multiplying themselves. I got a vasectomy -- so can "poor" Juan.
No Kittle Anchors

Santa Cruz, CA

#50 Aug 20, 2009
Pat Kittle wrote:
<quoted text>
I got a vasectomy -- so can "poor" Juan.
Yes!:-) Best news I've heard in a while.
it was the ghost

United States

#51 Aug 20, 2009
maybe it was the ghost of the little girl who drowned she wanted all the sex offenders out of there.......
hmmm

Santa Cruz, CA

#52 Aug 20, 2009
Pat Kittle wrote:
<quoted text>
I got a vasectomy -- so can "poor" Juan.
Thank God for micro-surgery!
Pat Kittle

Boulder Creek, CA

#53 Aug 20, 2009
No Kittle Anchors wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes!:-) Best news I've heard in a while.
We understand -- all the more freebies for all your illegals' anchor babies.
Troll

Vineburg, CA

#55 Aug 20, 2009
Pat Kittle wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd probably feel even sorrier for "poor" Juan if he had 10 anchor babies instead of 3.
It's great to have a heart, but it's equally important to have a brain -- we cannot let every overbreeder on Earth move here just because they want to.
The very least illegals could do when they sneak in here is refrain from making our population problem even worse by multiplying themselves. I got a vasectomy -- so can "poor" Juan.
I hereby nominate Pat for a Darwin award. Since he cannot reproduce due to his own actions he is eligible.:) All in favor?
Pat Kittle

Boulder Creek, CA

#56 Aug 21, 2009
Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
I hereby nominate Pat for a Darwin award. Since he cannot reproduce due to his own actions he is eligible.:) All in favor?
I'm honored, but you really should save that for your overbreeding hordes of criminal illegal alien/anchor baby gangbangers.
Pat Kittle

Boulder Creek, CA

#57 Aug 21, 2009
Well folks, you can see from this forum the mentality that rewards illegal alien overbreeding, and what lies ahead for the San Lorenzo Valley if we don't stop it.

If you want to avoid Watsonville's fate, sign this and consider circulating it:

(End the anchor baby loophole petition):
www.taxpayerrevolution.org
Marie

United States

#58 Oct 1, 2009
The Gilberts wrote:
We stopped by thier other bar in Woodside. it is really cute and quaint. Please go visit and tell them to help Jimbo out at the Lodge now that he has lost everything. he is a Icon in it's self.
The new owners moved jimbo to the hotel they own in milpitas. They told him to work there or he could leave and be homeless. Now that they have moved him to the other hotel they have cut his hours down to just two hours a day. He hates it and is very upset knowing no one and hes out of options. Wish you still owned the lodge!
Slv resident

Santa Cruz, CA

#59 Apr 15, 2014
The Brookdale Lodge should just shut down I stayed there once and there were like 3 rats in the bathroom.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Cruz Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sean Alts Toxicology report posted- 7 hr report 3
Review: Tibor Protection & Services (Jun '15) Sat Blake 4
Review: Highland Meadows Apartments (Apr '11) Sat CHARLES 1,001
Bait Bike bust YEAH!!!! Sat blatant localism 2
News Bristol Palin says abstinence best path for teens (May '09) Mar 23 Dakoter 2,656
Pre school that accepts children that are not v... Mar 22 Sabrina 1
News Grand jury indicts 13 alleged members of San Jo... (May '08) Mar 16 The Trump Lover 116

Santa Cruz Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Santa Cruz Mortgages