Motorcycle club members fight in downtown Santa Cruz during lunch

Full story: Santa Cruz Sentinel

Rival motorcycle gang members armed with hammers and crowbars fought in a downtown parking lot during the lunch hour Wednesday, though authorities said violence involving the clubs is unusual in the county.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of187
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Diogenes

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2010

Judged:

Rival motorcycle gang members armed with hammers and crowbars fought in a downtown parking lot during the lunch hour Wednesday, though authorities said violence involving the clubs is unusual in the county.

Sgt. Ian Patrick said "People have a right to meet and congregate and be part of groups, and we want to be careful about allowing people to do that within their constitutional rights.'

Great law enforcement
tired of it

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2010

Judged:

Hmmmm, good to see Downtown is getting safer. Maybe you should tax the businesses more, since the afternoon violence is rising, and its obviously the business' fault for giving them liquor or feeding them caffeine. I can't wait to rush downtown and spend my money, while dodging crackheads, wasted youth, gangmemebers, and biker hammer fights.'KEEP SANTA CRUZ WEIRD'...sound familiar elder Coonerty? Welcome to the fruits of your marketing campaign Santa Cruz.
Westside George

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2010

Judged:

can't we just rent out the county fair grounds and let them at it? Great law enforcement and saves on
the budget, too! Just let em kill each other off...problem solved! Could even sell tickets...GREAT revenue!

Actually, that's a great description of pro football.
Forrest

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2010

Judged:

More denial
Biker Rex

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2010

Judged:

Proud to have supported the HAs Toy Run with cash and gifts for underprivleged children in our area.
Also pleased to see several HAs at the benefit for the child who was orphaned when her mother was heinously killed in Santa Cruz.
And for you motorcycle haters, at least five other clubs were on hand at the Summit Roadhouse last weekend to raise money for the child's benefit. Many patched club riders hanging out without problems. Sober bikers, weekend bikers, daily commute bikers, Christian bikers, import bikers all helping the community.
Many people think they know about a lifestyle that they really do not understand.
Yes we all prefer to hang out with like-minded people and most bikers avoid borish snobs.
Bikers come from all walks of life, and I'd much rather hang out with HAs than people who talk about what they dont know.
Electrocute the Tourists

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2010

Judged:

so basically if they're white, its not a gang that is dangerous. Its constitutional actually.
sclocalboy

El Sobrante, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2010

cmon get over it gang hah kooks maybe
Gran Torino

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2010

Judged:

It was really a filming for the sequel > WILD HOGS II
hammers

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2010

Judged:

Electrocute the Tourists wrote:
so basically if they're white, its not a gang that is dangerous. Its constitutional actually.
You kinda beat me too it, but you're exactly right. The last paragraph claims "Not all bikers are gangsters", but then the PD takes carte blanche with treating every latino person they interact with as a gang member.

Though it is kind of refreshing to see a fight that didn't involve guns as of late.
Right

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2010

Judged:

These are not gang, they are clubs.......B. S. Tons of history to show otherwise.
Membership

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2010

Judged:

Electrocute the Tourists wrote:
Study up a bit......the HA gang is not exclusively white nor are the Vagos. They are at least minimally equal opportunity gangs
lets be frank

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2010

Judged:

got to love a old school rumble tools not weapons and no one dead.

“Oh well, been called worse ”

Since: Sep 09

Santa Cruz

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2010

Judged:

Hmmm Kinda wondering where all the people are here who have in the recent past claimed there where no such gangs in Santa Cruz County that we ONLY have latino gangs ??? Why arent they posting here now ??? Come on
Ex Liberal
Pat Kittle
Reality Check
Colouraphobia
Senor Taco
And the rest of the right wing conservative posters who usually comment here,,,,

Where are your comments on this group of white ,non organized gang types who just happen to meet with hammers , crowbars and chains for a grand old fist to cuffs ??????
anita

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2010

Judged:

I was there just driving by. Downtown has become a place I don't even like to drive through. I won't take my child there and won't walk around downtown. Sad that Santa Cruz has become that. I did see alot of bystanders calling 911 which is good.
Missed the Memo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2010

Judged:

Apparently the bikers didn't get Koonerty's memo about Santa Cruz being safe and all....
Guess they'll all have to write "I will not fight downtown" 100 times on a piece of paper and turn it in to coonerty.
Hmm

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2010

Judged:

hammers wrote:
<quoted text>
You kinda beat me too it, but you're exactly right. The last paragraph claims "Not all bikers are gangsters", but then the PD takes carte blanche with treating every latino person they interact with as a gang member.
Though it is kind of refreshing to see a fight that didn't involve guns as of late.
A hammer and crowbar will kill you.. It was a Sheriff that made that statement. So the PD profiles Latinos?
Facts are facts

Capitola, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2010

Judged:

lets be frank wrote:
got to love a old school rumble tools not weapons and no one dead.
Maybe if you're a retard!

Face it: Hells Angels are meth-dealing scum. Sane people: don't let the HA apologists take over the thread. If you hate the Nortenos (I do) and Surenos (I do), you should hate these guys as well.

Forget the "toy drive" bullshit. All drug dealers do that kind of stuff, for example, the big crack kings in Oakland.

Yes, most bikers are not gangsters and should not be lumped in with HA. But HA ARE gangsters. And they sell meth. And sure, maybe once in awhile, they can act like human beings and do decent things. But the ones in HA who AREN'T gangsters or dealers stay quiet and do nothing to purge their club of the criminals. Nothing.

And if you wonder why the law is so easy on them: many of them are informants. So if you ARE stupid enough to idolized these d-bags, remember you're idolizing "rats" by your own wannabe gangster code.
Facts are facts

Capitola, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2010

Judged:

Here's your "heroes", greaseballs.

http://articles.sfgate.com/2006-06-08/bay-are...

SAN FRANCISCO / Meth case unfolds against Hells Angels
June 08, 2006|By Kevin Fagan

A Hells Angels motorcycle club member and one of his associates made their first appearance Wednesday in federal court in San Francisco on charges of possessing and distributing methamphetamine.

Raymond Foakes the 42-year-old president of the Sonoma County chapter of the club and his associate Michael Vargas 56 were ordered to return today to U.S. District Court for a second appearance before Magistrate Judge Maria-Elena James.

Foakes and Vargas who both live in Santa Rosa were the subject of a manhunt before turning themselves in to authorities in San Francisco on Tuesday.

Court papers indicate that FBI agents built part of their case by listening to phone calls between Vargas and Foakes and the head of the club's San Francisco chapter Joseph "Joey" Wilson for several months. The calls involved details of methamphetamine deals wrote Special Agent Natalie Phelan who helped assemble the charges.
Facts are facts

Capitola, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2010

Judged:

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/sto...

Hells Angels control booming crystal meth: report
Last Updated: Wednesday, April 19, 2006 | 8:49 AM PT
CBC News

Hells Angels are behind much of a rising tide of crystal meth production in British Columbia and it rivals the early days of the province's marijuana grow-op industry, an internal RCMP report says.

A report from the RCMP's criminal analysis section in the province, obtained by CBC News, also says the motorcycle gang and other organized crime groups are mixing highly addictive crystal meth with other, less harmful drugs.
...Sgt. Al Haslett, of the RCMP's organized crime intelligence branch, says the Hells Angels have control of much of the country's crystal meth production and distribution.

"They do, there's no doubt to the extent they are financing individuals who can set up labs and make the product, and reaping profits from it," Haslett said.

Biker expert and author Julian Sher agreed, saying the organization has already moved into the crystal meth market in the United States.

The move makes sense because the drug is easy to manufacture, Sher said.

"You don't have to worry about bringing it in from Venezuela, you don't have to worry about getting through customs. It can be sold in much cheaper and smaller quantities," Sher said.

"So the bikers have moved in in a huge way in meth and it's caught on like wildfire among young people," he said.
santa cruz biker

Richmond, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2010

Judged:

first of all how does race play into this. second of all everybody that rides a harley according to the public is a hells angel. the press does a great job of blaming them when ever their is motorcycles and fights there was not hells angels actually caught there so how do we know they really were there. I feel they actually keep santa cruz a little safer.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of187
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Santa Cruz Forum right now

Search the Santa Cruz Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Homeless Sanctuary Crusaders Plan To 'Set Recor... 4 min Disagree 6
Two months after stabbing, victim calls police ... (Jun '10) 25 min Gabe Perchinsky 63
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 42 min KennyP 7,834
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr PEE PEE PETE 200,322
SV Teacher "Buzz" still stalking topix users (Jan '14) 4 hr Concerned Parent 452
Archive for violent threats by TBSC members (May '13) 5 hr John Colby 169
City Council Meeting 5 hr John Colby 65
•••
•••
•••
Santa Cruz Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Santa Cruz Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000