Man critically injured in Santa Cruz hit-and-run

Monday Aug 25 Full story: Santa Cruz Sentinel 18

SANTA CRUZ >> A 70-year-old Las Lomas man remained in critical condition Monday after he was struck in a hit-and-run on Pacific Avenue Sunday afternoon.

Full Story
Mcmah

Fresno, CA

#1 Tuesday Aug 26
They ought to lock this B!@#$ up! There is no excuse for Drinking and Driving. It ticks me off when people have a history of DUI's and they are still allowed on the road. This man is a family friend for over 30 years. I hope she rots in He!! wheather he make it or not. Lazy Drunk B!@#$ couldn't walk 10 minutes down the street?
Disgusted

Roseville, CA

#2 Tuesday Aug 26
Joanna Marie Steele is garbage! She's already had an arrest for reckless driving and if anybody thinks this is the first time she's been DUI they are nuts! What is really disgusting is this worthless c**t didn't even have the decency to stop after she hit this poor old guy! If I had my way they would lock this walking pile of s**t up for the rest of their life! Unlike most of the rest of the world we are way to easy on drunk drivers. Way too often all they get is a slap on the wrist. Some drunk pile of feces in Sacramento recently creamed a car in a high speed chase, seriously injuring the occupants and when they looked at his record found he'd killed an park ranger in a DUI wreck just a few years ago. Lock that t**dhead punk up for life too! Both these people are trash! To even call them animals would be an insult to our four legged friends.
Chuck

Aptos, CA

#3 Tuesday Aug 26
Mcmah wrote:
They ought to lock this B!@#$ up! There is no excuse for Drinking and Driving. It ticks me off when people have a history of DUI's and they are still allowed on the road. This man is a family friend for over 30 years. I hope she rots in He!! wheather he make it or not. Lazy Drunk B!@#$ couldn't walk 10 minutes down the street?
What a dumb cooze
Anon

Santa Cruz, CA

#4 Tuesday Aug 26
Is anybody going to ask why a guy walked out in front of a car in the middle of a block? She should have stopped, but who does that?
Laura Galvan

Oroville, CA

#5 Monday Sep 8
Anon wrote:
Is anybody going to ask why a guy walked out in front of a car in the middle of a block? She should have stopped, but who does that?
He was hit on his right side, by the right side of her vehicle. He was most of the way across the street when she hit him. He didn't "walk in front of a car in the middle of the block," she hit someone who was almost to the other side of the street.
g

Dublin, CA

#6 Monday Sep 8
Laura Galvan wrote:
<quoted text>He was hit on his right side, by the right side of her vehicle. He was most of the way across the street when she hit him. He didn't "walk in front of a car in the middle of the block," she hit someone who was almost to the other side of the street.
Oh so you saw it? You have proof?
GGG

Santa Cruz, CA

#7 Tuesday Sep 9
g wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh so you saw it? You have proof?
You are supporting the DUI driver that hit a pedestrian? The person you quoted may be a relative with more information about the hit-and-run. If it was a homeless person that was hit you'd be all over this sh*t, huh G?!

Good job, G! Go get em! You tell em, G! GGG
g

United States

#8 Tuesday Sep 9
GGG wrote:
<quoted text>You are supporting the DUI driver that hit a pedestrian? The person you quoted may be a relative with more information about the hit-and-run. If it was a homeless person that was hit you'd be all over this sh*t, huh G?!

Good job, G! Go get em! You tell em, G! GGG
Just wondering as these cases are always highly subjective. Wondering where the proof came from.

If it was a bum it might be your mom?
GGG

Santa Cruz, CA

#9 Tuesday Sep 9
g wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wondering as these cases are always highly subjective. Wondering where the proof came from.
My mom supports bums with food, clothing, and blankets. She doesn't spread her legs to bums like yours does.
g

United States

#10 Tuesday Sep 9
GGG wrote:
<quoted text>My mom supports bums with food, clothing, and blankets. She doesn't spread her legs to bums like yours does.
I thought she was a bum? How does she do that. Her bum is on your lips her bum is on your lips.
Gz a Loser

Santa Cruz, CA

#12 Tuesday Sep 9
g wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought she was a bum? How does she do that. Her bum is on your lips her bum is on your lips.
So says Topix's biggest leafing sphincter!
Gz a Loser

Santa Cruz, CA

#13 Tuesday Sep 9
I meant "leaking" but I'm sure there's something vile growing growing out of that well used orifice!
g

Dublin, CA

#14 Tuesday Sep 9
Gz a Loser wrote:
I meant "leaking" but I'm sure there's something vile growing growing out of that well used orifice!
Oh got it and understood.

Your moms bum is on your lips. Her bum is on your lips.
DBS

Aptos, CA

#15 Tuesday Sep 9
Is this the same "G" that got his ass handed to him on Indycrap today?
g

Dublin, CA

#16 Tuesday Sep 9
DBS wrote:
Is this the same "G" that got his ass handed to him on Indycrap today?
Definitely not tweaker
Anon

Santa Cruz, CA

#17 Tuesday Sep 9
Laura Galvan wrote:
<quoted text>
He was hit on his right side, by the right side of her vehicle. He was most of the way across the street when she hit him. He didn't "walk in front of a car in the middle of the block," she hit someone who was almost to the other side of the street.
If he wasn't all the way across the street, he walked in front of a car.
That doesn't remove her obligation to slow down for him, and certainly to stop after hitting him. But he wasn't in a crosswalk, and she didn't run a light.
ANON

Brentwood, CA

#18 Tuesday Sep 9
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
If he wasn't all the way across the street, he walked in front of a car.
That doesn't remove her obligation to slow down for him, and certainly to stop after hitting him. But he wasn't in a crosswalk, and she didn't run a light.
Exactly. I have almost hit people in front of the Asti and card room while driving sober. People seem to like to play chicken with their lives near here rather than simply wait for the xwalk light at Pacific and Laurel. Just run across wherever. That BAR is really important. lol.
Phattys remorse

Santa Cruz, CA

#19 Wednesday Sep 10
g wrote:
<quoted text>
C'mon, now Phatty. that is no way to deal with your misplaced guilt dealing with your own guilt of -- what happened to your mom.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Cruz Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
For good laugh 52 min Johnny McGargle 60
John E Colby School of Failure (Jul '13) 57 min Johnny McGargle 313
SV Teacher "Buzz" still stalking topix users (Jan '14) 1 hr Johnny McGargle 535
Buzz stalks as "John Colby" 1 hr Johnny McGargle 127
TBSC compared to NEO NAZIS 1 hr Johnny McGargle 128
Archive for violent threats by TBSC members (May '13) 2 hr DBS 186
Is John Colby suffering from delusions of relev... 3 hr ANON 11
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Santa Cruz County was issued at September 15 at 1:01PM PDT

•••
•••
•••

Santa Cruz Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Santa Cruz People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••