Joe Montana's son quits De La Salle for better shot at quarterback at a SoCal high school

On the cusp of his first varsity season with the De La Salle High School football team, Nick Montana, the son of Pro Football Hall of Fame quarterback Joe Montana, is leaving the school and will be enrolling at ... Full Story
annomynous

United States

#1 Jul 12, 2008
This stinks. Students whose parents move to another district must wear the red shirt and give up a year of eligibility. This happened to a Santa Cruz High soccer player who father was transferred here by his southern california employers.

NO such rules apply to private schools who recruit free agents just like the New York YANKEES. They have no residency requirements either as the Montana's live on their winery in Sonoma county; while Junior plays for a private school in Concord (aka Contra Costa county). Fools believe that PALMA High's entire football team resides in the immediate Salinas area! Hey, the coaches are Sasnta Cruz refugees from our defunct Holy Cross and Marello Prep high schools from the 60s and 70s.

The same rules should apply to everybody if they wanna play in the same leagues. Why does our CORRUPT legislature and Department of Education allpow this kind of dishonrest crap???
Pajaroite

San Jose, CA

#2 Jul 12, 2008
De ja vue. Reminds one of Watsonville's Marv Marinovich and son. Sure hope it turns out better.
Westsider

Berkeley, CA

#3 Jul 12, 2008
It also sucks for those super talented kids whose parents can't afford to fly their son to a personal coach and shuttle them two counties away to a private school.
I know 'nobody ever said life was fair" but it's really not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Cruz Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Aryan Nations recruiting again in northern Idaho (Apr '09) 1 hr Swedenforever 328
Is the person who wrote this nuts? 5 hr John Colby 11
Archive for Jim Spring posts (Dec '13) 5 hr John Colby 877
cfabsc (Jan '14) 5 hr John Colby 585
Cyberbullying to sexting: Santa Cruz class an '... 7 hr DBS 29
DBS and the Chanukah House (Dec '13) 7 hr DBS 20
Petaluma man arrested as suspect in Santa Cruz ... 11 hr homeless person 10
Santa Cruz Dating
Find my Match

Santa Cruz People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Santa Cruz News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Santa Cruz