Popular Calif outdoors writer arreste...

Popular Calif outdoors writer arrested in pot bust

There are 25 comments on the Public Opinion story from Apr 2, 2010, titled Popular Calif outdoors writer arrested in pot bust. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

A popular California outdoors writer was free on bail after authorities said Friday they found a large marijuana growing operation in his barn in the town of Weed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Smoke and Sunshine

United States

#1 Apr 2, 2010
A pot bust in a town called Weed? How ironic!
El Borracho

AOL

#2 Apr 2, 2010
The Mayor and the Town Council of Weed, CA., may be forced to call their town "Weed-less" CA. now.
OhReally

United States

#3 Apr 2, 2010
They have an excellent HIGH school
Criminals in the town are STONED
Police and Corrections have a JOINT operating agreement
However, they have a ROACH problem downtown
PINEAPPLE EXPRESS is a major mode of travel through town
ROLLING PAPER Examiner is where the town gets local news
Their favorite table game is ping BONG
And finally, the favorite restaurant in town is MUNCHIES
cough cough cough

York, PA

#5 Apr 3, 2010
You frickin' posters are hilarious...the article failed to mention that last month, HE was also arrested for snortin' bicycle seats (GIRLS-especially if "WEED" is close to SF)! Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
BFD

Santa Cruz, CA

#6 Apr 3, 2010
Aint this legal already? Uh no it's not. Appears we still have our head up our azzez...
Ca Growin

Reedsville, PA

#7 Apr 3, 2010
Man, this guy looks like Santa Claus!

Didn't he get the pot growing card?
kalifornia

Nevada City, CA

#8 Apr 5, 2010
marianne isn't a joke. People die from accidents with it and children are left with parents in a fog. Many do not care to work. It is a big problem and he should bear the penalty just like everyone else.

Since: Oct 09

Auburn CA

#9 Apr 6, 2010
kalifornia wrote:
marianne isn't a joke. People die from accidents with it and children are left with parents in a fog. Many do not care to work. It is a big problem and he should bear the penalty just like everyone else.
You're a fine one to be talking! The Camp far west area is a major procuction area for crops in the Oroville lake area. Where's your patch?
High in Amsterdam

Netherlands

#10 Apr 6, 2010
wow dude.I am sitting here in amsterdam getting totally baked on sum good buds, and feeling sorry for you yanks having to get locked up in your NAZI POLIZE state for herb!!hahahaha what a bunch of p u s s ys! so, when exactly did you lose all your so called freedoms?? hahahaha LOSERS!!!
High in Amsterdam

Netherlands

#11 Apr 6, 2010
kalifornia wrote:
ZEGHEIL! Your papers pleeze!
Really in LC

Albuquerque, NM

#12 Apr 6, 2010
kalifornia wrote:
People die from all sorts of accidents. Your logic suggests that we should outlaw cars.

Pot is no bigger problem than alcohol or prescription drugs. I think one could make a convincing argument that marijuana is less of a problem. Marijuana is more likely to kill someone in Juarez or Tijuana (in the drug wars) than someone in the U.S.

While I've no affection for marijuana, I think our government is wasting HUGE amounts of our money fighting a meaningless war against pot. I can't say this for all drugs, but marijuana should be legal! The DEA, users, taxpayers, politicians, dealers, local law enforcement and prisons would save a significant amount of time and money if marijuana was legal.

You really need to direct your righteous indignation at more deserving causes. Perhaps you could start a movement to outlaw stupidity...
Say What

Reading, PA

#14 Apr 7, 2010
As a retired Police Officer that spent a great deal of time undercover, I can tell ya we lost the war against marijuana decades ago!!!!

I say it's time to legalize marijuana, tax it and use the monies and police resources for other more pressing needs, such as combating heroin, meth etc before we too loose that battle, which is not far off!!!!

14 states already have and two more are debating medical marijuana, so let's legalize it nationwide and be done it with it!!
Darth Vader

Bendersville, PA

#15 Apr 7, 2010
Figures it was California , that State is like a giant Granola bar , once you scrape off all the fruits and nuts all that's left are flakes
not surprised

United States

#16 Apr 7, 2010
Yeah this is silly, weed should be legal.
SOAD

Reedsville, PA

#17 Apr 7, 2010
Minor drug offenders fill your prisons
You don't even flinch
All our taxes paying for your wars
Against the new non-rich,
Minor drug offenders fill your prisons
You don't even flinch
All our taxes paying for your wars
Against the new non-rich,
George Costanza

Santa Cruz, CA

#18 Apr 7, 2010
Say What wrote:
As a retired Police Officer that spent a great deal of time undercover, I can tell ya we lost the war against marijuana decades ago!!!!
I say it's time to legalize marijuana, tax it and use the monies and police resources for other more pressing needs, such as combating heroin, meth etc before we too loose that battle, which is not far off!!!!
14 states already have and two more are debating medical marijuana, so let's legalize it nationwide and be done it with it!!
As an active law enforcement officer (over 20 years and counting), I agree with you. I don't see marijuana causing any great harm, and just about everyone who wants to smoke it already does. If people were smoking instead of drinking, at least half of the calls we go to at night would never happen.

It's too bad about Tom Stienstra. I've met him - nice guy, and his books are excellent. The guy knows the California outdoors like no one else.
Say What

Reading, PA

#19 Apr 8, 2010
George Costanza wrote:
<quoted text>
As an active law enforcement officer (over 20 years and counting), I agree with you. I don't see marijuana causing any great harm, and just about everyone who wants to smoke it already does. If people were smoking instead of drinking, at least half of the calls we go to at night would never happen.
It's too bad about Tom Stienstra. I've met him - nice guy, and his books are excellent. The guy knows the California outdoors like no one else.
AMEN Brother Geo,

I would bet that the percetnage of all serious accidents I investigated involving impaired drivers was 90% or more. I can remember investigating 3 accidents where the driver was under the influence of a controlled substance. One person fatally injured was under the influence of opiats BUT that accident was caused by another vehicle!

Many PD"s in the Philly area, including the city are writing Disorderly Conduct citations for small amounts and paraphanalia.
Say What

Reading, PA

#20 Apr 8, 2010
Meant to say the 90% involved impairment by alcohol!

Since: May 10

United States

#21 May 26, 2010
The war on drugs is not only a complete failure but also a complete joke.

Do you think your local drug dealer I.D.'s your kid before he buys some MJ? Nope.

Legalize, tax, educate and regulate.

Honestly though, the only way to wipe out the drug cartels in the US is to legalize and regulate ALL drugs. I know, I know. Doesn't sound that good, but it's true. You leave one tiny little niche and they will capitalize on it.
Toms a Hero

Camarillo, CA

#23 May 26, 2010
Tom Stienstra is a great voice for the outdoors in California and a great advocate for getting out and enjoying it. His book on California Campgrounds is the definitive source for camping trips in the state. Oh my gosh...was he actually growing (soon to be legalized)Marijuana on his (very) rural ranch - arrest him now!(Your tax dollars at work)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Cruz Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Holy Shliht! Santa Merieda "Bend Over" Troll Ex... 1 hr Analicia and Heather 19
Does anyone remember a Richard Fisk (May '17) 7 hr Ed Bronson 6
News Walgreens to pay $2.25 million in price scanner... Fri HTownTech 12
News San Lorenzo Valley: Kevin Foster enforces cowbo... Feb 11 AnonymousBC 2
News ICE arrests Salvadoran man heading to work in W... Feb 11 Next 5
News Grand jury indicts 13 alleged members of San Jo... (May '08) Jan 31 Red_5 122
News Fight to save hockey in Scotts Valley pushes fo... (Jun '09) Jan 30 Jack 16

Santa Cruz Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Santa Cruz Mortgages