What Should Santa Cruz do With the Bi...

What Should Santa Cruz do With the Bikes Police Find?

There are 3 comments on the Patch.com story from Jan 27, 2014, titled What Should Santa Cruz do With the Bikes Police Find?. In it, Patch.com reports that:

Every year Santa Cruz Police end up with 400-600 bicycles that have been stolen, lost or abandoned.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

DBS

San Jose, CA

#1 Jan 27, 2014
Make it a point of doing exactly the opposite of what Robert Kahnjob says "WE" should do.
jeff helms

United States

#2 Jan 27, 2014
This is a HUGE recycling profit business with the scrap aluminum on the oakland docks--probably a million dollar a year racket just for santa cruz county--their are in fact different grades of aluminum and titanium is also a big money maker-not to forget the re-sale market in the bikes rebuilt and resold with the spare parts etc.----I know micah's group needs the recycle money in stay in business and support themselves etc. and they do in fact know just how to deal with the metal grades and bike building etc.--so its a give and take thing for the city--Does the city let HUGE CASH flow go to non-profit etc. or do they take advantage of the aluminum market- and hire someone to scrap the whole thing etc. to pay for something else?? Like a community deal etc. who knows??? I for one would like to see the rape deal etc. get policed-- more so than it already is.
jeff helms

United States

#3 Jan 27, 2014
I saw some of micah's group lately -their not really clean and sober----but they have been in the past-who know, they are not really in that bad of shape right now--but they could be?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Cruz Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bristol Palin says abstinence best path for teens (May '09) 3 hr Booty6322 2,653
News To combat crime, Santa Cruz council members con... (Jul '10) 8 hr you want 61
Guardian "Spangels" Angels cruise Pacific Garde... 10 hr Guardian Spangels 1
djt Dec 2 MAGA 1
News PVUSD ranks 15 among state's 97 districts that ... (Feb '08) Nov 29 Daddy 20
News Fidel Castro: Cuba doesn't fear dialogue with US (Apr '09) Nov 26 Fredo 29
News Aryan Nations recruiting again in northern Idaho (Apr '09) Nov 26 Tired of the Lies 490

Santa Cruz Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Santa Cruz Mortgages