Suspected arson fire burns 3 acres near Fishhook; 1 injured

Jun 20, 2013 Full story: Santa Cruz Sentinel 71

A suspected arson fire near the Fishhook that was visible in downtown Santa Cruz was contained about an hour after it was reported Thursday, firefighters said.

Read more
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
BumRoast

Cupertino, CA

#1 Jun 21, 2013
Here we go again!!!
DBS is a TBSC troll

Foster City, CA

#2 Jun 21, 2013
Homeless people are fighting back!

Take Back Santa Cruz created this problem.

When TBSC members go around assaulting people, the people will fight back.
DBS is a TBSC troll

Foster City, CA

#3 Jun 21, 2013
Was Tough-on-Crime Take Back Santa Cruz Founded by a Corporate Criminal?

In short, TBSC’s goal is to promote “tough on crime” policies. When asked who they are taking Santa Cruz back from, they reply “criminals”, and they encourage people not only to call the police when they see anything suspicious, but to sit in on court cases to show our judges that Santa Cruzans want tough sentencing. Ironically, it appears that their founder Emmanuel “Dexter” Cube is himself a criminal. In 2002, then an investment broker in New Jersey, he was investigated by the Securities and Exchange Commission and found guilty of violating laws, fined over $50,000 and suspended for over 5 years from trading. This was his second fraud; he was fined $40,000 a few years prior and suspended for a lesser number of days.( http://www.sec.gov/litigation/admin/33-8201.h... , http://www.finra.org/Industry/Regulation/Noti... ).

Read more----->
https://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2010/06/02/...
Kookslapper

Santa Cruz, CA

#4 Jun 21, 2013
DBS is a TBSC troll wrote:
Fighting back by causing the taxpayers even more, because the homeless can't get their own sh*t together. Do you have proof that this is because of a random video of a guy getting hassled because he can't get his sh*t together? From the information in the article it was because an addict homeless abandoned her vehicle and it was towed. So, you support violence by arson for "perceived" assault? Kook.
Kookslapper

Santa Cruz, CA

#5 Jun 21, 2013
*costing, not causing
DBS is a TBSC troll

Foster City, CA

#6 Jun 21, 2013
Kookslapper wrote:
<quoted text>
Fighting back by causing the taxpayers even more, because the homeless can't get their own sh*t together. Do you have proof that this is because of a random video of a guy getting hassled because he can't get his sh*t together? From the information in the article it was because an addict homeless abandoned her vehicle and it was towed. So, you support violence by arson for "perceived" assault? Kook.
Do you mean this video? The video where a TBSC member assaulted a homeless person?

Santa Cruz Clean Team Scandal Video
http://youtu.be/NMTYSZocv4k

Hey 'Kook', have you ever spoken to a homeless person?
DBS

Cupertino, CA

#7 Jun 21, 2013
And John E. Colby you have WHAT evidence of this??

Or did it drip out of FAT Pat's bugridden stench-trench onto your inbred face?
WooF

Hayward, CA

#8 Jun 21, 2013
John Colby is a Crybaby wrote:
TBSC’s goal is to promote “tough on crime” policies. When asked who they are taking Santa Cruz back from, they reply “criminals”, and they encourage people not only to call the police when they see anything suspicious, but to sit in on court cases to show our judges that Santa Cruzans want tough sentencing. www.indybay.org/newsitems/2010/06/02/18649646...
So says the hyperbolic lying and crying ColbyLoon:
John E. Colby on June 9, 2013 at 7:43 am
I understand too well how a (perceived) gay man could be sent to prison just because hateful people believed he is gay.
At the Mission Gardens Apartments — a Section 8, HUD HOME program and California Tax Credit Allocation Committee (CTCAC) property in Santa Cruz managed by behemoth corporation The John Stewart Company (JSCO) which manages it — an adult gang of LGBTQ haters stalk residents they perceive to be LGBTQ aided and abetted by JSCO.
They slur them with LGBTQ hate filled taunts. They vandalize their property with LGBTQ hate symbols. But worst, they employ the crudest LGBTQ stereotypes — like the ones used against Bernard Baran — to tar (perceived) LGBTQ residents as a danger to children in the apartment complex. They did and continue to do this to me. They have tried to persuade police officers to arrest me. They have lied to government investigators (from the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing, HUD’s Office of Inspector General and the U.S. Department of Justice) to try to wrongly incarcerate me. They know I suffer from anxiety, agitation and a sleep disorder which causes me severe insomnia. They have used their LGBTQ hate campaign to target my disabilities, trying to run me out of Mission Gardens and off the Section 8 program. They have conspired to violate my civil rights.
I have not been silent about this hate mongering. I’ve complained to the highest levels of the federal government — even to the U.S. Senate. I have a five year long open U.S. Postal Inspection Service complaint about this. My sister’s USDOJ Fair Housing Investigator claimed he was investigating this and established it to be true. I sent letters to HUD Secretary Shaun Donovan informing him what his agency allowed to continue unchecked. The Santa Cruz Police Department refuses to investigate this until someone assaults me.
Every level of government has failed me. I can understand how Bernard Baran was targeted and punished because he’s gay. Why hasn’t any federal agency stepped in for him? For the same reasons they have abandoned me. The federal government makes presentations to the LGBTQ community to garner their votes. However when push comes to shove, they are strangely silent. Thus bigoted local officials supporting LGBTQ hate mongers can run amuck, destroying gay lives.
I have been falsely imprisoned in my Section 8 apartment for 5 long, terrible years. I can’t roam free. These LGBTQ haters have sent children up to my apartment to frame me as a child molester. They chase after me with cameras to snap photos of me around children, so they can claim that I touch them. They have solicited all my neighbors — who now shun me — to turn them against me with this LGBTQ hate slander.
The worst part is that this all started when — with the aid of a former property manager my sister filed Fair Housing charges against with HUD’s FHEO — they began stealing my gay and lesbian mail. This all started during a government investigation! HUD’s FHEO knew about this yet allowed it to continue unabated.
Who do I turn to now? Everyday I think about what happened to Bernard Baran. It terrifies me. How much longer must I suffer with this? How will it end? Who will help me. Who will help similar victims?
Read more at http://www.topix.com/forum/city/santa-cruz-ca...
It's crap like this that makes you a public joke, John!
WooF

Hayward, CA

#9 Jun 21, 2013
John Colby is a Crybaby wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean this video? The video where a TBSC member assaulted a homeless person
More from John "Crybaby" Colby:
John E. Colby on June 9, 2013 at 7:43 am
I understand too well how a (perceived) gay man could be sent to prison just because hateful people believed he is gay.

At the Mission Gardens Apartments — a Section 8, HUD HOME program and California Tax Credit Allocation Committee (CTCAC) property in Santa Cruz managed by behemoth corporation The John Stewart Company (JSCO) which manages it — an adult gang of LGBTQ haters stalk residents they perceive to be LGBTQ aided and abetted by JSCO.

They slur them with LGBTQ hate filled taunts. They vandalize their property with LGBTQ hate symbols. But worst, they employ the crudest LGBTQ stereotypes — like the ones used against Bernard Baran — to tar (perceived) LGBTQ residents as a danger to children in the apartment complex. They did and continue to do this to me. They have tried to persuade police officers to arrest me. They have lied to government investigators (from the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing, HUD’s Office of Inspector General and the U.S. Department of Justice) to try to wrongly incarcerate me. They know I suffer from anxiety, agitation and a sleep disorder which causes me severe insomnia. They have used their LGBTQ hate campaign to target my disabilities, trying to run me out of Mission Gardens and off the Section 8 program. They have conspired to violate my civil rights.

I have not been silent about this hate mongering. I’ve complained to the highest levels of the federal government — even to the U.S. Senate. I have a five year long open U.S. Postal Inspection Service complaint about this. My sister’s USDOJ Fair Housing Investigator claimed he was investigating this and established it to be true. I sent letters to HUD Secretary Shaun Donovan informing him what his agency allowed to continue unchecked. The Santa Cruz Police Department refuses to investigate this until someone assaults me.

Every level of government has failed me. I can understand how Bernard Baran was targeted and punished because he’s gay. Why hasn’t any federal agency stepped in for him? For the same reasons they have abandoned me. The federal government makes presentations to the LGBTQ community to garner their votes. However when push comes to shove, they are strangely silent. Thus bigoted local officials supporting LGBTQ hate mongers can run amuck, destroying gay lives.

I have been falsely imprisoned in my Section 8 apartment for 5 long, terrible years. I can’t roam free. These LGBTQ haters have sent children up to my apartment to frame me as a child molester. They chase after me with cameras to snap photos of me around children, so they can claim that I touch them. They have solicited all my neighbors — who now shun me — to turn them against me with this LGBTQ hate slander.

The worst part is that this all started when — with the aid of a former property manager my sister filed Fair Housing charges against with HUD’s FHEO — they began stealing my gay and lesbian mail. This all started during a government investigation! HUD’s FHEO knew about this yet allowed it to continue unabated.

Who do I turn to now? Everyday I think about what happened to Bernard Baran. It terrifies me. How much longer must I suffer with this? How will it end? Who will help me. Who will help similar victims?
Read more at http://www.topix.com/forum/city/santa-cruz-ca...
DBS

Cupertino, CA

#10 Jun 21, 2013
Hey John, you left out the part where the Arsonist has been arrested more that TEN TIMES in the past YEAR alone.

but here you are making crackpot allegations and blaming TBSC.

LOON!!!!
Kookslapper

Santa Cruz, CA

#11 Jun 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Do you mean this video? The video where a TBSC member assaulted a homeless person?
I've been homeless and there are a lot of derelict addict bums in this town. Have you ever been homeless, much less spoke to a homeless person?
Kookslapper

Santa Cruz, CA

#12 Jun 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Oh, and do you support violence by arson like this people have been arrested for? Since you've shown your support of this behavior, isn't it ironic and hypocritical of you to troll these forums with the posts you make everyday?
DBS

Sunnyvale, CA

#13 Jun 23, 2013
ColbyLOON AKA "Bob Mitchell" is on the Sentinel blaming an imaginary person named "Woof" for the Arson of the Fish Hook by that drug-addicted vagrant who has been arrested for the 11th time this past year!!

Fail again fool!!
Reality Check

Alamo, CA

#14 Jun 23, 2013
Kookslapper wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been homeless and there are a lot of derelict addict bums in this town. Have you ever been homeless, much less spoke to a homeless person?
You're an internet troll, DBS.

You have a trust fund.
DBS

Sunnyvale, CA

#15 Jun 23, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an internet troll, DBS.
You have a trust fund.
You're an internet troll ColbyLOSER.

You are a Welfare parasite.
Why WooF doing this

Santa Cruz, CA

#16 Jun 23, 2013

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#17 Jun 23, 2013
BumRoast wrote:
Here we go again!!!
Arson is common with "campfires"-- people who make campfires and have home fireplaces and or cook with wood burning pot belly stoves are arson suspects. Fire making is additive along with other elements in our society like violence,rape etc.-- once a person does it--they have to do it again until rehabilitation measures are used- drugs and alcohol use cause's serotonin imbalances which cause's people to feed on negative energy-it turns them on.-- Making a arson fire is response from "using" and making fires.

Location hidden

#18 Jun 23, 2013
BumRoast wrote:
Here we go again!!!
arson is big time sentence also!!:

http://www.ehow.com/about_6117655_california-...

Location hidden

#19 Jun 23, 2013
<quoted text>
This how racial riots start- over people harassing drug and alcohol addicts-- that guy is completely addicted to narcotics and incapable of carrying out his trash- most of the garbage gets cleaned up by the CAB-but this same guy?? Is going to think "white mexicans" etc. and he is going to attack in some form- me personally- I've camped out in that same spot and if I had gotten harassed by latino's-which are 95% of foreign organized drug fronts and mostly have their living arrangement by narcotic sales-by family members etc.-- I would have been super pissed off- the "harassers" should have known that guy was "dopesick" and incapable of carrying out his garbage let alone fighting back- picking the garbage is one thing but-filming a vid -and giving the guy a hard time is another-- I would have approached him a little softer and done garbage pickup--which I have done on a number of occasions and not had any flak from the people living in the camp-- most are flex-able about garbage take out and understand that. The homeless man is addicted to drugs and is disabled. If the people harassing somehow think the homeless man is not going to seek revenge in his drug and alcohol addicted state- he might not--but when he sobers up?

Location hidden

#20 Jun 23, 2013
<quoted text>
several gang factions who might seek action also over this?? Like I said this is how racial riots start.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Cruz Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Public disruption over armored vehicle ends San... 5 hr Reality Check 28
News Aryan Nations recruiting again in northern Idaho (Apr '09) 6 hr Commander Bunny 418
News Santa Cruz City Council reaffirms vote to purch... 9 hr WooF 17
News Santa Cruz commission floats Pacific one-way tr... 10 hr Donny B 5
Robert Kahnjob is getting trashed on the Sentin... Thu Reality Check 11
News Families of Santa Cruz police sign petition for... Thu Donny B 16
News Community discussion rages over Santa Cruz poli... Thu Nazi blaster 9
Santa Cruz Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Santa Cruz People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]