After 41 years in law enforcement, UCSC Police Chief Aluffi retires

Full story: Santa Cruz Sentinel

Arline Aluffi, in typical motherly fashion, was deeply worried. It was the late 1960s and her eldest son, Bill, was set to join the Santa Cruz Police Department.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 30 of30
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
nobody loopback

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2010

Judged:

sebastapol wrote:
Employee Name ALUFFI,MICHAEL A
Position CHIEF OF POLICE
Regular pay 141732
Overtime pay 0
Total pay 141732
$140k a year sure is a fair salary.
Californians should be proud that students are paying higher fees and that taxes are being increased to insure that men like Aluffi can enjoy a long, prosperous retirement at nearly full pay.
I wonder if he'll stay in Santa Cruz or run off to Montana.
Considering every associate chancellor of closet space gets $250K+, I wouldn't begrudge the chief of police this. And I have not had good experiences with the UCSC police.
hobojaime

Guatemala

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2010

Judged:

Take the money and run,Chief,get as far away from the criminal and drug infested sanctuary city that you helped create as possible.Then,when you get up to Montana,you can entertain all the other ex-police officers with stories about 18 year old junkies dieing like flys on the San Lorenzo Riverbank,yuck yuck yuck,with "Chit" in their veins,and in their fruit of the looms,too..
Brother Jobe

Felton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2010

Judged:

Daily Stew wrote:
<quoted text>
Would love to hear about you and your merry band of "jack-wagons" career achievements. Would love to hear how you deserve the same. Tell us about all the times your life was risked, or you dealt with the unthinkable, or the things your mind can't erase at the end of the day. And finally, why don't you all tell us about what you have done to make the community better. Combined, you and other sniveling regular posters couldn't collectively come up with enough to match any public safety person's record, let alone Mickey's.
You see, Mickey actually did these things. He worked hard and dedicated himself to the community...as such, his retirement is a bargain for the service he provided.
Oh please, are you serious or deranged & truly ignorant?

Police chiefs sit comfortably behind enemy lines orchestrating everything.

Go talk to the crab fishermen who may or may not make their catch, OR might get broadsided by rogue waves & drown out in the ocean. Go look at their pay, & see if they have medical, vision, dental, BIG pensions, free access to gyms, psychologists & god knows what else.

Go talk to folks who work in sewer lines or in hydroelectric plants risking their lives everyday. Ask them what they get paid.

Go chat to people that have to overhaul diesel locomotive engines & ask them how it feels to be working, standing underneath 30K pounds of steel in the form of a worn out diesel engine that needs to be overhauled....on a daily basis & could crush them. Ask them what they get paid.

Ask any of these people if they're getting juicy, fat, OTT, pensions while everyone else is being slowly (s)(c)(r)(e)(w)(e)(d).

We live in the "Age of Entitlement" which equates to "I got mine, so F off & (s)(c)(r)(e)(w) everyone else".

The same problem exists with mid level BART employees dragging in $135K a year with maybe, & I emphasize (maybe) a college education. Then go look at the BART trains & see what a disgusting mess they're in.

Why should these people be earning more than primary care physicians is utterly beyond me.

If this issue isn't properly addressed, there's going to be a tax rebellion some time or later. In the meantime, if it's any consolation, the crumbling dollar will mean that pension payouts will denominated in a worthless currency.

Stop being one of the Sheeple.
Terry

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2010

Judged:

In 1994 the people spoke, "No we do not want Allufi for sheriff". Running again would have resulted in the same, no. Time to enjoy your retirement and ride off into the sunset. When I think of Aluffi I think morally corrupt, soft, and not much of a scholar. You have always been one to blow your horn, though you have never really done much. The Kemper story is a constantly evolving one. Now go please and stay gone. You have shortchanged our community long enough.
LE Friend

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2010

Judged:

all true wrote:
<quoted text>
That may all be true, but that's still way too much money. We have to pay for those salaries through our taxes, and no one in the private sector, except maybe a few CEO's makes anywhere near that much money.
Then maybe you should've thought about putting the pipe down and applied to be a police officer instead. Or maybe not go in to the private sector. You missed the boat and all you have left is to whine... What price are you willing to place on your safety and to protect your rights? Maybe you should call a private sector security firm when you or your loved one is in danger, or needs a complex investigation to be worked. You might save a few tax dollars.
LE Friend

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2010

Adm We Knee wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying he was out on the front line for 41 years? Pulling his gun and being shot at constantly? Physically fighting with people who want to kill him?
If you think that, they've sold you a bill of goods. And I didn't hear of any of the cops being shot at or having to fight one of those serial killers.
Freakin police war stories. Usually a shadow of the truth here in podunk santa cruz.
Keep pushing for your pot laws and stay high brotha.
anon

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2010

Judged:

LE Friend wrote:
<quoted text> What price are you willing to place on your safety and to protect your rights? Maybe you should call a private sector security firm when you or your loved one is in danger, or needs a complex investigation to be worked. You might save a few tax dollars.
That actually sounds like a good idea to me. A private sector secuity firm would be accountable only to me. Only problem is the real state owned police would probably thow me in jail on RICO statutes and call me a mob boss for having a private security team looking after my interests whatever that my involve. Police [in general not this guy] remove as many rights as they protect.
anon

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2010

Judged:

Xanthippe wrote:
One of the good guys. I hope he enjoys his retirement.
Thank you for your years of service. Good luck, Chief Aluffi, and happy retirement!
I agree that he is one of the good guys. In general, I don't like cops. But Aluffi pulled me over once and he was differnt. He was polite. He did'nt weild his authority like a thug. He did'nt try to intimidate me. More police should have his attitude.
Chet

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

The losers who can't take the heat being a police officer always whine and cry about the deserved pensions. This flaming liberal won't say anything about Jerry Brown giving tution to illegals but is quick to accuse the peace keepers for the high tuition.
sebastapol wrote:
Employee Name ALUFFI,MICHAEL A
Position CHIEF OF POLICE
Regular pay 141732
Overtime pay 0
Total pay 141732
$140k a year sure is a fair salary.
Californians should be proud that students are paying higher fees and that taxes are being increased to insure that men like Aluffi can enjoy a long, prosperous retirement at nearly full pay.
I wonder if he'll stay in Santa Cruz or run off to Montana.
Chet

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

If "Admiral Weinie" saw what Mickie and I saw during our careers as Sheriff Deputies he would crap his pants and go crying home to mamma!! People who bash solid self sacraficing citizens like Mickey are usually cons we busted in the past, flaming liberals, or just plain crybabies!!!
Adm We Knee wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying he was out on the front line for 41 years? Pulling his gun and being shot at constantly? Physically fighting with people who want to kill him?
If you think that, they've sold you a bill of goods. And I didn't hear of any of the cops being shot at or having to fight one of those serial killers.
Freakin police war stories. Usually a shadow of the truth here in podunk santa cruz.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 30 of30
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

23 Users are viewing the Santa Cruz Forum right now

Search the Santa Cruz Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
cfabsc 18 min jeffryhelms 357
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 41 min Beheheh 15,658
Robert Norse: City Council silencing dissenting... (Nov '09) 1 hr Donny B 1,347
Jim Spring, Failed PhD 1 hr stpd fgt 26
'Sum Dim': Racist who likes Chinese food? (Dec '12) 2 hr stpd fgt 224
Take Back Santa Cruz/Greiner Archive (Sep '13) 2 hr Darren 558
TBSC Super Troll Samantha Olden 2 hr salty internet tearz 38
•••
•••
•••
•••

Santa Cruz Jobs

•••
•••