Heights also fired Carmel bus driver

Heights also fired Carmel bus driver

There are 67 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Sep 7, 2007, titled Heights also fired Carmel bus driver. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

A Carmel Clay Schools bus driver accused of leaving a 5-year-old girl alone on a bus was fired from Hamilton Heights Schools in 1999 after hitting a car with a school bus and leaving the scene.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Mad Bovine

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Sep 8, 2007
good call , the blue hair needs to stay away from school buses
East Sider

Cincinnati, OH

#3 Sep 8, 2007
Wow, I thought they needed to cut her a break for the incident with the five-year old (simply firing her was sufficient in my mind). Now I think she's a habitual liar and deserves some jail time. This just goes to show you the danger of passing judgment on a person from a newspaper article.
WhaDaFug

United States

#5 Sep 8, 2007
Any why wouldn't Carmel schools keep records of background inquiries, regardless when they were done, or by whom??!! Barbara Underwood's statement sounds like an admission they weren't checked at all.
lafguy60

Kirklin, IN

#7 Sep 8, 2007
And she was hired by Carmel schools to drive. Why?
Fishers Person

Bowling Green, KY

#9 Sep 8, 2007
It's always a good day when Carmel gets bad press.
Hmmmm

Memphis, TN

#10 Sep 8, 2007
Do not driving background checks take place? They should at least go back 10 years. Had the 1999 incident involved anything but a school bus it might be less of a problem. Leaving the scene of an accident is serious, but do we really know the facts on that. No. Bottom line is, she should not be driving school buses or be in the care of children.
Hmmmm

Memphis, TN

#11 Sep 8, 2007
Fishers Person wrote:
LOL LOL LOL Isn't that the truth. Some of the most arrogant, imperious, obnoxious people live in Carmel.
Indy Native

Indianapolis, IN

#12 Sep 8, 2007
Hmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL LOL LOL Isn't that the truth. Some of the most arrogant, imperious, obnoxious people live in Carmel.
So do a lot of successful business owners. Many of which employ a lot of Marion County or other non-Carmel residents. Why is there such class envy? Two of my former employers lived in Carmel and I am very appreciative of the opportunities they gave me.
blackhawk

United States

#13 Sep 8, 2007
neither of her 2 'accidents' are age related. quit with the age-ist comments-- if you are lucky, you will be a blue/no hair one day...

also, funny how the reporter likes to jazz up the story-- is there a difference between getting fired and not getting your contract renewed? i think so. fired is when they cann your butt...immediatly. too bad we could not just get the facts without the sensationalism.
Kevin

Indianapolis, IN

#14 Sep 8, 2007
Fishers Person wrote:
So I sense a hint of insecurity?
blackhawk

United States

#15 Sep 8, 2007
Hmmmm wrote:
Do not driving background checks take place? They should at least go back 10 years. Had the 1999 incident involved anything but a school bus it might be less of a problem. Leaving the scene of an accident is serious, but do we really know the facts on that. No. Bottom line is, she should not be driving school buses or be in the care of children.
since we are prosecuting to the hilt, lets find out what management did (or did not do), and if the letter and spirit of the law was not followed, jail everyone.
it is so lame that the prosecutor's orfice got involved. typical politician-- grovel to power, mash the less powerfull.
Get real

AOL

#16 Sep 8, 2007
Indy Native wrote:
<quoted text>
So do a lot of successful business owners. Many of which employ a lot of Marion County or other non-Carmel residents. Why is there such class envy? Two of my former employers lived in Carmel and I am very appreciative of the opportunities they gave me.
I agree with you. People are just jealous because Carmel has great schools, great police and fire protection, great athletic's. Outstanding Library. Low crime rate.
Serious

Kenosha, WI

#17 Sep 8, 2007
Indy Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing to do with envy it's more that a lot of us get sick and tired of the news media (print and TV) carrying on about Carmel this and Carmel that when the same good things and good people are in Indianapolis and other surrounding towns. And that mayor ? Give me a break...
Miller

AOL

#18 Sep 8, 2007
Serious wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing to do with envy it's more that a lot of us get sick and tired of the news media (print and TV) carrying on about Carmel this and Carmel that when the same good things and good people are in Indianapolis and other surrounding towns. And that mayor ? Give me a break...
That mayor is something else!
lafguy60

Kirklin, IN

#19 Sep 8, 2007
blackhawk wrote:
neither of her 2 'accidents' are age related. quit with the age-ist comments-- if you are lucky, you will be a blue/no hair one day...
also, funny how the reporter likes to jazz up the story-- is there a difference between getting fired and not getting your contract renewed? i think so. fired is when they cann your butt...immediatly. too bad we could not just get the facts without the sensationalism.
When your car in insurance is not renewed most folks call that cancelled. Same is true when your contract is not renewed. You're fired.
Tired of Idiots

United States

#20 Sep 8, 2007
East Sider wrote:
Wow, I thought they needed to cut her a break for the incident with the five-year old (simply firing her was sufficient in my mind). Now I think she's a habitual liar and deserves some jail time. This just goes to show you the danger of passing judgment on a person from a newspaper article.
Why would the school hire her after being fired for leaving the scene of an accident while driving a school bus? Looks like a better background check system is in order.
M Allen

Ashburn, VA

#21 Sep 8, 2007
Another case of administrators having plenty of education & degrees but missing common sense!
George W

AOL

#22 Sep 8, 2007
Like Rummy and Michael Brown and my good frien Alberto, this Bus Driver is doing a Hell of a good job!
Lassie

Carmel, IN

#24 Sep 8, 2007
M Allen wrote:
Another case of administrators having plenty of education & degrees but missing common sense!
Perhaps like kicking the woman with the assistance dog out of the school board meeting?
momof2

Indianapolis, IN

#25 Sep 8, 2007
WhaDaFug wrote:
Any why wouldn't Carmel schools keep records of background inquiries, regardless when they were done, or by whom??!! Barbara Underwood's statement sounds like an admission they weren't checked at all.
That's exactly what I was thinking! Shouldn't matter if there are any employees who did the checks still employed there -- they should keep better reords, esp. when children are involved.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Claus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
alex Hutchinson (Oct '12) 54 min Menomore75 4
Daniel Mickey 19 hr Jill 2
looking for a girl to have fun with (Oct '13) Apr 20 Fact 10
Santa Claus Music Thread (Dec '13) Apr 14 Musikologist 9
webbs Apr 13 surely 2
Renee Adams (Aug '14) Apr 13 FYI 4
Jason Skelton Apr 5 hmmm 4

Santa Claus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance