Holiday World adds carousel, reindeer...

Holiday World adds carousel, reindeer ride

There are 29 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Nov 29, 2007, titled Holiday World adds carousel, reindeer ride. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Holiday World will open two new rides aimed at children for the southern Indiana amusement park's 2008 season.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Locutus

Bloomington, IN

#1 Nov 29, 2007
The other ride is called Reindeer Games. Park officials say the three-story ride will give children a chance to “leap in the air like reindeer.”

Sounds like something out the second installment of the Spy Kids movie franchise. When are we going to get "The Vomiter"?
Troll

Fishers, IN

#2 Nov 29, 2007
I'm waiting for the "Elf-Toss" ride.
Old Roy

Louisville, KY

#3 Nov 29, 2007
More jobs for Indiana, way to go My Man Mitch!
The Martintuckian

United States

#4 Nov 29, 2007
I vote for Elf Bowling.
Thanks mom

Carmel, IN

#5 Nov 29, 2007
I like carousel's but mom says I am too big now. darnit
indybama

Montgomery, AL

#6 Nov 29, 2007
I miss Holiday world, it is one of the nicest water parks I have ever been to. It is fun, extremely clean, and the people are friendly. They do not have the big thrill rides like Cedar Point, but the coasters are nice.

I wish the park well!
Just an observation

Brookville, IN

#8 Nov 29, 2007
It's ironic that Holiday World is closed during most major holidays (especially those for which the park has themed areas):

Halloween - Closed
Thanksgiving - Closed
Christmas - Closed
New Year's - Closed
Valentine's Day - Closed
Easter - Closed

What does that leave? Memorial Day? The Fourth of July?
Indianapolis, IN

#9 Nov 29, 2007
Carney jobs for all!!- Mitch.
Jo Jo

Lebanon, IN

#11 Nov 29, 2007
Holiday World is the best damn amusement park in the country. I love it.
Easy Choice

Seymour, IN

#12 Nov 29, 2007
I don't think "Not my man mitch" had anything to do with this. He has probably never even been there. You should be thank the Holiday World people for new rides not Mitch.
Well

Potomac, MD

#13 Nov 29, 2007
Liberal Tammy wrote:
I love Holiday World. The park is the cleanest I have been to. The staff is clean and friendly. Best of all they don't have Gay Days like DisneyLand. Don't have to worry about your kids being in a park over run by a bunch of perverts.
Well then, I guess your name is not indicative of your beliefs. Maybe "Homophobic Tammy" would be more appropriate.
okay sure

Bridgeport, WV

#14 Nov 29, 2007
Just an observation wrote:
It's ironic that Holiday World is closed during most major holidays (especially those for which the park has themed areas):
Halloween - Closed
Thanksgiving - Closed
Christmas - Closed
New Year's - Closed
Valentine's Day - Closed
Easter - Closed
You really want to go to an outdoor amusement park when its 14 degrees outside?
Reason

Indianapolis, IN

#15 Nov 29, 2007
Just an observation wrote:
Halloween - Closed
Thanksgiving - Closed
Christmas - Closed
New Year's - Closed
Valentine's Day - Closed
Easter - Closed
I think this is because this is one of the only true family-run themeparks left in the nation (aka...Paramount and Six Flags haven't touched this one), and their emphasis is on family and fun. Thus...maybe they choose not to be open those days as a form of respect and gratitude to their families and employees, so that they can spend time with their loved ones.
okay sure

Bridgeport, WV

#17 Nov 29, 2007
Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
I think this is because this is one of the only true family-run themeparks left in the nation (aka...Paramount and Six Flags haven't touched this one), and their emphasis is on family and fun. Thus...maybe they choose not to be open those days as a form of respect and gratitude to their families and employees, so that they can spend time with their loved ones.
It is actually because it's off-season. The park is only open from May through mid-October just like the other theme parks in this area.
yay for freedom of speech

Clayton, IN

#18 Nov 29, 2007
I'm glad we have still have the right to say what we feel, but intolerant people like you two are the ones making people report your speech as HATE crimes, thus causing "liberal" lawyers to push for non-constitutioanal laws against HATE speech. Why don't you just keep your comments to yourself and others who feel the same way you do and let us all continue to keep our liberties.
Wild Bill Kelso

Punxsutawney, PA

#19 Nov 29, 2007
okay sure wrote:
<quoted text>
You really want to go to an outdoor amusement park when its 14 degrees outside?
Sure as long as it is 14 degree in Indiana and I am in Florida at Universal Studios or Disney!
from Santa Claus

Indianapolis, IN

#20 Nov 29, 2007
You bet your bottom dollar that Mitch knows the Koch family. How much money do you think they donated to his campaign to have the proposed I-69 extension come close to Holiday World????
SW_Hoosier

United States

#21 Nov 29, 2007
Close to Holiday World? I-69 will be 30+ miles away and won't be of much benefit 15 years from now when it will be complete.
from Santa Claus wrote:
You bet your bottom dollar that Mitch knows the Koch family. How much money do you think they donated to his campaign to have the proposed I-69 extension come close to Holiday World????
BTFU

Montoursville, PA

#22 Nov 29, 2007
from Santa Claus wrote:
What map are you looking at???
crazy for holiday world

Indianapolis, IN

#23 Nov 29, 2007
yay for freedom of speech wrote:
I'm glad we have still have the right to say what we feel, but intolerant people like you two are the ones making people report your speech as HATE crimes, thus causing "liberal" lawyers to push for non-constitutioanal laws against HATE speech. Why don't you just keep your comments to yourself and others who feel the same way you do and let us all continue to keep our liberties.
This has nothing to do with holiday world

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Claus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michaela burger (Apr '13) Aug 12 Fuckyoubitchh01 7
Santa Claus Music Thread (Dec '13) Jul '16 Musikologist 8
Murder-Suicide? Jul '16 Wondering 1
Soccer sign ups? Jul '16 Anonymous 1
looking for a girl to have fun with (Oct '13) Jun '16 MustangGT 8
Anybody find a dog. Reward........ Jun '16 Brandon 1
Holiday World Jun '16 Waterbaby 1

Santa Claus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance