Santa to Daniels: 'You want coal? You...

Santa to Daniels: 'You want coal? You get coal'

There are 45 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Dec 6, 2007, titled Santa to Daniels: 'You want coal? You get coal'. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

An environmental activist dressed as Santa Claus delivered a large stocking full of coal to Gov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Fisherman

Decatur, IL

#1 Dec 6, 2007
All I know is that they could use another fishing lake down that part of the state for the kids to fish.

Say No to Drugs! Take a Kid Fishing!
earth good use

Evansville, IN

#2 Dec 7, 2007
It is better to use the cleanest methods to use coal instead of depending on foreign sources of fuel. This country is the OPEC of coal in the world and finding cleaner ways to burn coal would greatly reduce our dependency on foreign fuel. It is too bad that environmental activist have a knee jerk reaction every time coal is talked about. Coal can be a major industry that could raise the income levels in this state if we would push the development of coal gasification. Let's talk about real solutions that will help our state prosper.
Just Me

Marblehead, MA

#3 Dec 7, 2007
Why is it when the Star changes a story here on the Net from an update one day to a regular story the next, that all posted comments are deleted?? Just a couple hours ago this story had 79 posts and now there are only 2 starting just an hour ago.
Jeff

United States

#4 Dec 7, 2007
The milk and cookies was a brilliant touch by the Governor's staff!!
Casual Friday

Atlanta, IN

#5 Dec 7, 2007
What type of cookies?
George

Cincinnati, OH

#6 Dec 7, 2007
The governor just can't stop making employess of utility companies angry, first it was stealing their retirement money to invest in his geist mansion, now this. Maybe he just needs better spinners and more smoke and mirrors.
East Sider

Brownsburg, IN

#7 Dec 7, 2007
Hopefully, eating the cookies will produce gas that we can fire our power plants with.
john

Lindenhurst, NY

#8 Dec 7, 2007
Mitch you'll be looking for a job soon! Youll get what Peterson got--beat -next election. Can you say CUT.
shove that coal

Los Angeles, CA

#10 Dec 7, 2007
There is no global warming, you idiots. Do the research yourself instead of listening to E Gore and his "Inconvenient Truth" propaganda. One of EGore's cool aid drinkers recently came to a private school in the area and the kids tore him limb from limb. These are 15-18 year old who can see right through this crap because they do their own research instead of listening to others.
Tool Master

United States

#11 Dec 7, 2007
George wrote:
The governor just can't stop making employess of utility companies angry, first it was stealing their retirement money to invest in his geist mansion, now this. Maybe he just needs better spinners and more smoke and mirrors.
Read thw story George. These folks are against the utility company........not the Governor. What a tool!!!!!
A Dose of Truth

Green Bay, WI

#12 Dec 7, 2007
I don't understand. We are taking a dirty inefficient plant off line and replacing it with a more efficient / cleaner plant. That is bad???
Amused

Redwood City, CA

#13 Dec 7, 2007
We need to be building nukes
Mike

Troy, MI

#15 Dec 7, 2007
If the greenies presist we will need lots of candles !
Right on

Columbus, OH

#17 Dec 7, 2007
Liberal Tammy wrote:
I have an idea. The environuts should have their electricity shut off. Electricity after all comes from that evil coal. They should sell their cars too. That way they will not be using gasoline or emiting exhaust fumes. They should get rid of their houses, just think of all the poor trees that died to build each evironuts' house. Of course they won't do this because they are a bunch of hypocrites who want to control how others live their lives.
they aren't protesting the need for energy; they are protesting the methods by which we produce it. there was a study done (and, sorry, I don't know where to find it now so ya'll can read it too) that Indiana could build wind farms that would produce more electricity than we currently use. I'm not saying I support all the "environuts;" however, I am disappointed our state is not more aggressively pursuing alternative sources of energy.

And to the poster who claims global warming doesn't exist, there's a recent issue of National Geographic that discusses the issue. As another poster said, it does indeed exist as it has for a millenia. The issue is that it is occurring at a faster rate than it ever has historically, and scientist are in disagreement over what that means for our planet.

If we can produce something more efficiently with less impact on the environment, why aren't we doing it?
Working for Shorty

Latonia, KY

#19 Dec 7, 2007
A Dose of Truth wrote:
I don't understand. We are taking a dirty inefficient plant off line and replacing it with a more efficient / cleaner plant. That is bad???
No, it is not bad. The Edwardsport plant is old, very small and has substantial emissions when it operates. The new plant will have reduced emissions while providing a substantial amount of MWs.
No More

Jasper, IN

#18 Dec 7, 2007
Mitch has turned out to be one of the smartest Gov. is the US. Others who have submitted to the e-terrorists will be begging for Indiana's energy to keep their states running.
Noblesville resident

Birmingham, AL

#20 Dec 7, 2007
shove that coal wrote:
There is no global warming, you idiots. Do the research yourself instead of listening to E Gore and his "Inconvenient Truth" propaganda. One of EGore's cool aid drinkers recently came to a private school in the area and the kids tore him limb from limb. These are 15-18 year old who can see right through this crap because they do their own research instead of listening to others.
Sure global warming is a theory and that man can do anything they want and the earth will not be effected. So....

1. Global warming is happening
2. Man is only one contributing factor
3. Yes it also something that happens naturally
4. Yes we can do something to make cleaner air and water, which everyone needs.
5. Yes we should be looking at renewable energy
6. Oil, coal and natural gas will run out sometime in the future we have nearly used 50% of oil
7. Yes, unfortunately we will need this plant to produce electricity
8. Yes we can speed up global warming by our choices
But we also have the power to lessen those effects
9. If you don't believe E Gore, as you call him, why then do you believe anyone else, or is it that he is democrat and you’re a republican?
10. I could write two books, "Why man is causing global warming" and “why man is not causing global warming" and people would chose which one to believe.

All I am sure of is that I will do what I can do and what I can afford to save the environment and air and water. So when the time comes to finger pointing it will not be at me.
Indy resident

Birmingham, AL

#21 Dec 7, 2007
shove that coal wrote:
Tore him limb from limb - I didn't hear about a bunch of 15-18 year olds killing a man at school.
cornbread

Ellettsville, IN

#23 Dec 7, 2007
Casual Friday wrote:
What type of cookies?
pink cookies.
Tom Johnson

United States

#24 Dec 7, 2007
Here's another Kook.
How much electricity does he and his household and his offices use per month. Pull his meters.
Give up your big screen TV's and all the electric appliance's in your home and dont forget Air Conditioning next summer. Then come make show off for us with sweat running down the seat of your britches.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Claus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tiffany Marie blowers Sun Haha 3
Gonzo Feb 6 cUrIous 1
Rosemarie beckerman cheating on dustin hoffman Feb 3 Kissthis84 1
Marla rickenbaugh. Dec '16 Sara 20
Any good bars? Dec '16 New 1
Sydney gogel Dec '16 bbc 4 wf 2
News Children enjoy free pictures with Santa in Terr... Dec '16 Chris Johnson-Duke 2

Santa Claus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Santa Claus Mortgages