Former utilities accused of embezzlem...

Former utilities accused of embezzlement clerk may plead out

There are 12 comments on the Silver City Sun-News story from Jun 7, 2010, titled Former utilities accused of embezzlement clerk may plead out. In it, Silver City Sun-News reports that:

A former village of Santa Clara utilities clerk who has been charged with allegedly embezzling more than $19,000 from payments of customers to the village may agree to plead guilty and serve up to six months in jail, according to court documents.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Silver City Sun-News.

OK then

Santa Fe, NM

#1 Jun 8, 2010
She's having a tough time finding employment because she's a freaking THIEF!
Wonder

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Jun 8, 2010
Wonder how much personal info she stole from folks medical charts while she was employed with Hildalgo Medical Services? Did she sell some of this info to corrupt law enforcement and to the thugs around Grant County? Did Chief Jasso have anything to do with this? What a bunch of waste. Grant County is a cess pool. Get out while you can.

Deputy276

“Not vengeance, punishment.”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#3 Jun 8, 2010
I wonder how long before she gets her old job back or an equivalent job in another county? That's SOP for criminals in this area. All she needs is a "connection" in government and they'll have her right back on the payroll. Funny they go after this small fish and let the big crooks like County Commissioners slide for stealing government funds.
Ron

United States

#4 Jun 8, 2010
Never met a CAN that wasn't a thief.
out of line

Florence, AL

#5 Jun 9, 2010
Ron wrote:
get a life hate monger
Blue

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Jun 17, 2010
Ron wrote:
I did.
ClownShoes

Silver City, NM

#8 Jun 18, 2010
i was asasured a highly placed relative in county government would make sure Marissa could get work at the county.

i guess we will see
ClownShoes

Silver City, NM

#9 Jun 18, 2010
after re-reading the story it occurs to me that 3 years of reperations to pay back the money embezeled from the village is well over $500.00 monthly.

perhaps she should be making reperations while in jail. im sure the village could use some street improvements and sewer repairs.
WTF

Mountain Pine, AR

#10 Jul 5, 2010
ClownShoes wrote:
i was asasured a highly placed relative in county government would make sure Marissa could get work at the county.
i guess we will see
Whom would that be?
Delgado

Las Cruces, NM

#11 Jul 21, 2010
It is heartbreaking that this "person" would steal from the people of Santa Clara.
I hope she does not think her being related to the Hecter Grijalve and councilor Sedillos is going to protect her from the much needed prosecution.
info

United States

#12 May 15, 2011
What is her maiden name? How does she get away with so much?
O-jeeze

Las Cruces, NM

#13 May 15, 2011
i think she is a Grijalva.
cousin to Hector

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Clara Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News WNMU to continue recruiting DACA students despi... 19 hr SPAM 6
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Jun 13 Joel 72,030
News Yes, Denny's is coming Jun 11 Tiger37 1
News Armory celebrates 100 years Jun 7 my opinion 1
News Old-fashioned Fourth of July party (Jul '13) May 27 YUUUUP 4
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) May '16 CrookedHillary 57
News Man charged with murder gets probation (Aug '08) May '16 operation greylord 45
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Santa Clara Mortgages