Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 69,535
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#68661 Mar 2, 2014
The world's best universities are exclusively located in the US, Western Europe and East Asia as data drawn over many decades consistently show. Not surprising.

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#68662 Mar 2, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>“I am at the moment writing a lengthy indictment against our century. When my brain begins to reel from my literary labors, I make an occasional cheese dip.”

&#8213; John Kennedy Toole, A Confederacy of Dunces
I like our century. It's the best one I've lived in.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#68663 Mar 2, 2014
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
I like our century. It's the best one I've lived in.
not crazy about the cheese dips though

Location hidden

#68664 Mar 2, 2014
CALTECH has topped The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2013-2014. Not surprising. The professors at IIT would always tell us that it's a "treat" to study at MIT or at Caltech.

Location hidden

#68665 Mar 2, 2014
In the UK, Oxford, Cambridge and Imperial College are exceptional universities consistently figuring in the world's top 10.

Location hidden

#68666 Mar 2, 2014
At Caltech, where admission is strictly performance-based, Asians make up approximately 40 percent of the student body. Three cheers for meritocratic admissions.

Location hidden

#68667 Mar 2, 2014
Tokyo has more Michelin star restaurants than Paris (the world's haute cuisine capital).

Location hidden

#68668 Mar 2, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
sad
very sad
One of the hardest thing about working with Mental Pts is their total lack of self-awareness.

Location hidden

#68669 Mar 2, 2014
Deepak Chopra was totally outclassed by Richard Dawkins in a debate held in Mexico on 11/09/2013 as part of CDI. I was laughing throughout the debate to see Chopra's discomfiture and at the end of the exchange the look of defeat on Deepak Chopra's face was evident. Serves him right. LOL.

Location hidden

#68670 Mar 2, 2014
Richard Dawkins easily cornered another nutcase - the noted Indian philosopher, Satish Kumar. Kudos to Dr Dawkins.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#68671 Mar 2, 2014
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the hardest thing about working with Mental Pts is their total lack of self-awareness.
At some point when it realizes that noone is paying attention to it.....

Location hidden

#68672 Mar 2, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
At some point when it realizes that noone is paying attention to it.....
They never do ... they just go on, and on, and on. At the end of your shift they're telling a story about their cat's dandruff and when you come back for the next shift they're still telling the same story.

It's like the part of the brain the determines what thoughts to articulate has failed in the open position. The exact opposite of autism.

Location hidden

#68673 Mar 2, 2014
The wildlife vids on Nat Geo are awesome.

Location hidden

#68674 Mar 2, 2014
I usually feel refreshed when I watch vids of wildlife specifically those shot in the great continent of Africa. I don't know why I find the rhythms of African animals nearer to nature than those beasts found elsewhere. Much damage has been done to the wilds of Africa that these days most of the wild tracts of Africa have been converted into money-minting safaris which every year draw tens of millions of tourists from all over the world. Sad, the wilds have been commercialized to such an extent that the natural breeding cycles of the animals and much of the natural habitats have been disturbed.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#68675 Mar 2, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
EXPECTED
Laughably, Israel has an average national IQ near 93 which is quite low LOL.
If you laugh at Israel 'coz has an average national IQ around 93, why then eulogize Iran that has an average national IQ of 84?

Location hidden

#68676 Mar 2, 2014
IRAN

Literacy rate in poverty-stricken Iran is around 85%, literacy rate in Israel approximately 98%.

Iran is poor and has been cruelly discriminated against by the West and in Iran the grip of religion and of brutal dictatorship have progressively squashed free thought and creativity.

The majority of the Iranian intellectual elite has fled Iran for other nations particularly in Europe and North America where they're flourishing and doing exceedingly well.

Most Iranians in Iran live in fear and have secretly turned atheists and are desperate to leave Iran for greener pastures. However, of what little of the good is still left in Iran is shown at the international Math/Science Olympiads where Iran always ranks very high which indicates the excellence of its students despite all the hardships at home. Many of these gold medalists from Iran make it to MIT and Stanford and do so well that certain Stanford University profs have commented that without a doubt one of the finest, if not the finest, university in the world preparing undergraduate Electrical engineers is Sharif University of Technology in Tehran.

Yes, I've met many Iranian students at IIT and found them brilliant and very well prepared whereas in my talks with educated Israelis most come across as crafty, ill-informed, racist, plagiarist, always willing to strike a deal and poor in the fundamentals of Math and science despite being helped by the West and in spite of there being no poverty or dictatorship in Israel and not surprisingly Israel fares poorly at international Math and science Olympiads and not a single Israeli university ranks in the world's top 200.

Location hidden

#68677 Mar 2, 2014
SOUTH KOREA & IRAN - BEST INTELLECTUAL POTENTIAL

South Korea was such a poor and backward nation for centuries and the Japanese who conquered it ruined it further but through grit, cleverness and hard work, South Korea is rising rapidly and ranks among the top nations these days.

South Koreans have the world's average national highest IQ of 107.

South Korea is a wealthy liberal democracy where citizens are not mentally or physically shackled by authoritarian rulers and it has none of the religious fanaticism seen in dictator-controlled Iran.

South Korea ranks among the top 3 at all international math and science competitions and South Korean students are among the very best in the US grad schools.

Give Iran the same progressive conditions and it is sure to rise to very great heights and this is what the West/Israel do not wish since they know that the Iranians are really smart.

In terms of sheer intellectual potential, I rank South Korea and Iran at the top of the ladder.

Location hidden

#68678 Mar 2, 2014
typo

South Koreans have the world's highest average national IQ of 107.

Location hidden

#68679 Mar 2, 2014
ASIA TO LEAD IN FUTURE

I have met several South Korean and Iranian students in India and abroad and am always amazed at their ideas, sincerity and superior Math and Science skills that put most educated people anywhere in the world to shame.

I think the time for Asia to shine has come and perhaps if a world war is not triggered off by the cunning nations in the ME and West then the highest growth rates and many of the brightest innovations and the best ideas should emerge from Asia especially from Japan, South Korea, China, Iran and Singapore.

These nations have the potential to be world leaders.

Japan has proven its superior credentials and is just behind the US in science, tech and overall development and Singapore, China and South Korea have in varying degrees given evidence of their superior intellectual capacity.

Given a level plying field and in the absence of religious fundamentalism and in an era free of dictatorship and in atmosphere that's free of the fear of war, Asia will rise to the top.

In the past, too, the leading nations of the world were all Asian.

Asians, including many Indians, are already in a dominant position in many cutting edge intellectual areas in the West and are the most dynamic force at the university level too.

The cycle is now fast turning and Asia is set to reclaim her per-eminent position in the world.

Location hidden

#68680 Mar 2, 2014
Gangnam Style. LOL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Clara Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Mon Insect Trust 32
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Sep 22 SALLY 44 46
WNMU students graduate from Police Academy (Jun '10) Sep 20 Really 8
To ban or not to ban - the future of plastic ba... Sep 20 Really 12
Black Range Artist plan plein air show Sep 18 I love the southwest 1
Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Sep 7 Tony 608
Mimbres Valley woman still missing Sep 5 Raquel Placencio 7

Santa Clara Jobs

Santa Clara People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE