Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 2,982)

Showing posts 59,621 - 59,640 of68,123
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Singapore -- Home of Hot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Waiting for the messiah is a common part of Jewish theology...
Had some pretty lively discussions about his with the religious community. Over-emphasis on messianic prophecy leads to a lot of bad things, in my iopinion. I understand fully that it has been a central tenet of Judaism since pre-Talmudic times and something that has held us together as a people for an equally long time. However,, I'm concerned that over-emphasis on seeking the Messiah (not the concept of a Messiah itself) leads to diversion from world that is to the world that will be, poor selection criteria and cults of personality. There are lots of people out there more than willing to volunteer for the position and a lot of us stupid enough to let them take the job.

IMHO we might want to rethink the undoubtedly appealing but nevertheless potentially distracting business of waiting for the Messiah.(This is of course my own opinion and not that of Jewish Conspiracy Inc, it's holding company or subsidiaries).

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you give some passages and conceptions about messiah from the 5 books of Moses?
http://torahsparks.wordpress.com/2013/08/27/v...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
Had some pretty lively discussions about his with the religious community. Over-emphasis on messianic prophecy leads to a lot of bad things, in my iopinion. I understand fully that it has been a central tenet of Judaism since pre-Talmudic times and something that has held us together as a people for an equally long time. However,, I'm concerned that over-emphasis on seeking the Messiah (not the concept of a Messiah itself) leads to diversion from world that is to the world that will be, poor selection criteria and cults of personality. There are lots of people out there more than willing to volunteer for the position and a lot of us stupid enough to let them take the job.
IMHO we might want to rethink the undoubtedly appealing but nevertheless potentially distracting business of waiting for the Messiah.(This is of course my own opinion and not that of Jewish Conspiracy Inc, it's holding company or subsidiaries).
Personally, I dont put much thought or stock into this set of beliefs (messianic theology)- except to say that it is always nice to hope for better times. I tend to follow a (neo) hasidic approach where tikkun olam is realized through a personal process of self growth, and probably actualized on an individual rather than a communal level.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have a bald spot, but I swear by bobby pins
I dont have a bald spot, but if I did I would go Bukharan.

Singapore -- Home of Hot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text> I dont have a bald spot, but if I did I would go Bukharan.
Or, one of those great Victorian smoking caps ...

http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mWHGNv...

Singapore -- Home of Hot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally, I dont put much thought or stock into this set of beliefs (messianic theology)- except to say that it is always nice to hope for better times. I tend to follow a (neo) hasidic approach where tikkun olam is realized through a personal process of self growth, and probably actualized on an individual rather than a communal level.
Yea, I like that and it's probably closer to defining my own personal belief than I previously considered.

That being said, most people don't know that most of the best Superman stories were speculation about how Superman could the the Messiah and how he would both benefit and hinder the human race (Lex Luthor had some very valid points). One of my favourites is "Red Son" -- where Superman lands as a child in Soviet Russia instead of Kansas and goes on to be Stalin's successor and spreading the Communist way of life. Eventually he is defeated by the Lex Luthor (who is the US President) and then Luthor leads the world to a global renaissance which -- spoiler alert -- ends up in the far future being Krypton and the whole cycle begins again.

But, I have been painting models all morning and I might be high as a glue-sniffing cat.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>

That being said, most people don't know that most of the best Superman stories were speculation about how Superman could the the Messiah and how he would both benefit and hinder the human race (Lex Luthor had some very valid points). One of my favourites is "Red Son" -- where Superman lands as a child in Soviet Russia instead of Kansas and goes on to be Stalin's successor and spreading the Communist way of life. Eventually he is defeated by the Lex Luthor (who is the US President) and then Luthor leads the world to a global renaissance which -- spoiler alert -- ends up in the far future being Krypton and the whole cycle begins again.
But, I have been painting models all morning and I might be high as a glue-sniffing cat.
Sounds a bit like HaTorah from the Rebbe from Colorado

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Judged:

Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, I like that and it's probably closer to defining my own personal belief than I previously considered.
On a similar vein, try this:

http://www.amazon.com/Hasidic-Spirituality-Ne...

Great explanation of the sparks, and an interesting perspective on Hasidism circa pre-wwII.

Since: Jan 14

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Messiah? Waiting for a Messiah is another obsolete idea promoted by religious charlatans who're clueless about the nature of the reality. This so-called Messiah will never show up and even if does he'll either be executed, jailed or hospitalized in a mental asylum. Imagine a messiah from a lineage of a mass murdering pervert like David coming to the rescue of a particular community or of the world in general. Even in the past when these so-called prophets were around all that they did was kill, maim, abuse, coerce and threaten. Not a single truly profound teaching based on the higher consciousness has come from these prophets and patriarchs and this is why every value or every insight they provided has been debunked and the world has progressed minus their perverse ideas and mindless rituals. Thankfully, most Jews, and increasingly many people of all religious backgrounds, these days, are irreligious and have no place for mumbo jumbo in their lives.

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Religion has been debunked long ago.

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Subvert whatever little remains of the religious paradigm.

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Science can inferentially study matter and derive much benefit from it by tapping into its powers but by using objective methods science will never understand how the intelligent principle imprinted in matter inheres in matter nor what its intrinsic nature actually is since consciousness despite being an integral aspect of matter is a subjective experience.

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

The way things stand, it's evident to all with a little intelligence that matter has an objective side and it also has a subjective aspect.

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Creationists have no place in a knowledge-based society. All their ideas on creation from nothing, extra-cosmic God, existence of a spirit or ruach or nephesh and ideas of sin or of heaven or of hell are baseless and vain repetitions of the infantile rantings of the ignorant prophets/patriarchs of scripture.

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Religious rituals like shabbath, church service, fasting, salat, pilgrimage and pooja are so many wasteful practices that trap the minds of believers in a dangerous time warp and which retards the further evolution of consciousness.

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Using powerful aspiration, certain sounds and concentrated thought one can give shape to a form of energy - to a God or to many Gods - that corresponds to your construct.

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

If the will of the meditator is potent enough, the formation - the God - that he has shaped in energy field persists for centuries if not millennia and is supported or is kept in proper shape with a few variations by the successors of the original prophet who created the energy form in the past. Heavens or hells are simply the stations in space-time these formations occupy. This is why we see a change in commands or teachings or of personality or of name of the created God or of the created Gods down the ages.

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

YHVH, Shiva, Kali, Baphomet, Baal and others are such example of Gods created as peculiar energy formations by powerful meditators in the past.

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Present day believers simply sustain the energy forms of these created God or Gods by focused prayer which is nothing but mind impressing on matter which then sustains the energy form of the God or of the Gods.

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

So, God or the Gods are human creations.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 59,621 - 59,640 of68,123
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Santa Clara Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Santa Clara People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••