rabbee: well actually i recommended putting it in the salt. so that it is introduced into the food, before ingestion - especially prior, to any cooking. in order to help reduce the oxalic acid, before ingestion. and please keep in mind that sodium, or potassium acid oxalates, are more toxic than calcium oxalate. though i am not sure of the toxicity, of carbo-oxalates.<quoted text>
Or adding baking soda to one's glass of water.
I have been reading about alkalinized water. Apparently people are confusing alkaline water WITH water with alkalinity. Not that I am sure of the difference. If I understand it correctly, alkaline water is negated in the stomach due to buffering mechanisms, while water with alkalinity survives the stomach and alkalinizes the urine?
high concentrations oxalic acid is, extremely hard on the liver and kidneys. which is found in ethylene glycol ingestion, which is converted to pure oxalic acid. always resulting in death, without immediate treatment.
the idea is to try and neutralize the oxalic acid, before it hit the high concentration of hydrochloric acid in the stomach. since oxalic acid, is stronger acid than hydrochloric acid - and is thus not affected by it.