Former Santa Clara clerk accused of s...

Former Santa Clara clerk accused of stealing utilities payments

There are 93 comments on the Silver City Sun-News story from Apr 3, 2010, titled Former Santa Clara clerk accused of stealing utilities payments. In it, Silver City Sun-News reports that:

A former village of Santa Clara utilities clerk has been charged with allegedly embezzling more than $19,000 from payments of customers to the village, according to court documents.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Silver City Sun-News.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Ron

Santa Fe, NM

#2 Apr 3, 2010
If these people didn't hate each other so much, they would rule the world.
Carmen

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Apr 4, 2010
I'm trying to figure out what you have to do around here to get arrested... she admits to it and we're still lolligagging around with affidavits and discussions. No wonder so many people choose to steal from their own community, it's easy, even if you get caught it's no big deal, and the eventual punishment may never be administered. Wow!
Carmen

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Apr 4, 2010
outsider wrote:
here is another mexicsn that will get off with just a slap on the wrist, you let a white person do that they would spend years in jail...shows you who runs this county
Sad but true. Can you imagine the self loathing these people have for themselves? This state and Grant County in general are so backward and corrupt. It's a beautiful place with lots of caring people, yet marred by a number lazy and devious residents that are are protected because of their ethinic origin. The same people they steal from will protect them from punishment. I used to feel to feel sorry for them, but not any more. Their kind is ripping this great nation apart.
Carmen

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Apr 4, 2010
Ron wrote:
If these people didn't hate each other so much, they would rule the world.
At the rate they're going, they will rule the world by overpopulating it.

“Not vengeance, punishment.”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#7 Apr 4, 2010
Let's run her for a Grant County Comissioner job!!! She seems highly qualified for it. She'd be a great replacement for Mr. Sari too.

I've even got a motto for her:

"Corruption...a proud New Mexican tradition".
what

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Apr 4, 2010
outsider wrote:
here is another mexicsn that will get off with just a slap on the wrist, you let a white person do that they would spend years in jail...shows you who runs this county
you hit the nail on the head could not have said it better myself
rcgauer

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Apr 5, 2010
From the story: "According to the affidavit, the allegations had been reported to the Grant County Sheriff's Office, but beyond collecting documents from the village, no action had been taken on the case."

What do you have to do to get the sheriff here interested? Kill someone? Oh, wait: http://www.amw.com/fugitives/brief.cfm...

June 1 is coming. Register to vote.

Location hidden

#10 Apr 5, 2010
rcgauer wrote:
From the story: "According to the affidavit, the allegations had been reported to the Grant County Sheriff's Office, but beyond collecting documents from the village, no action had been taken on the case."
What do you have to do to get the sheriff here interested? Kill someone? Oh, wait: http://www.amw.com/fugitives/brief.cfm...
June 1 is coming. Register to vote.
Yes, unfortunately you are correct. I was hoping Raul would do a better job than that nitwit "Bully" Hooligan, but it seems like it's the same old shit. Only thing Raul does better is PR. We still
have a bunch of unsolved murders that are "under investigation".

And the alternatives aren't very promising either. Just more good ol' Mexis who have most of their relatives in the criminal world. The only bright light at the end of the tunnel is the Republican running for Sheriff. He is highly qualified, but he is also white. And Republican. Two strikes against him before he even gets up to bat.
Don Wan

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Apr 5, 2010
Yeah lets get another Mexican into Office and see if anything will get better...No lets vote white this time
Big John

Albuquerque, NM

#12 Apr 5, 2010
Deputy276 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, unfortunately you are correct. I was hoping Raul would do a better job than that nitwit "Bully" Hooligan, but it seems like it's the same old shit. Only thing Raul does better is PR. We still
have a bunch of unsolved murders that are "under investigation".
And the alternatives aren't very promising either. Just more good ol' Mexis who have most of their relatives in the criminal world. The only bright light at the end of the tunnel is the Republican running for Sheriff. He is highly qualified, but he is also white. And Republican. Two strikes against him before he even gets up to bat.
James Koons as Sheriff is the answer. No relatives and qualified and anglo.
FedUP

Reserve, NM

#13 Apr 5, 2010
Carmen wrote:
<quoted text>
Sad but true. Can you imagine the self loathing these people have for themselves? This state and Grant County in general are so backward and corrupt. It's a beautiful place with lots of caring people, yet marred by a number lazy and devious residents that are are protected because of their ethinic origin. The same people they steal from will protect them from punishment. I used to feel to feel sorry for them, but not any more. Their kind is ripping this great nation apart.
Try dealing with NMDOT District one administration! YOu have hit the nail on the head.
watch dog

Albuquerque, NM

#14 Apr 5, 2010
the problem with anyone hiring somone and paying them Min wage is just asking for theift. How can anyone make a living on such low wages? They have to get their rent from some place. Have you ever visited Santa Clara? Its no differnt than Palomas Mexico, just as dirty and the same crime not only during the day but at night. You enter Santa Clara and take the risk of being attacked my lots of Mexican Gangs ect.. Where is the Sheriff and all his deputy dogs? Santa Clara is a real eyesore and they need to build a huge fence around it, just like on our border.
Carol

Placitas, NM

#15 Apr 5, 2010
Carmen wrote:
<quoted text>
At the rate they're going, they will rule the world by overpopulating it.
Sounds like a good business opportunity to open up a chain of low rider shops.

Location hidden

#16 Apr 5, 2010
Big John wrote:
<quoted text>
James Koons as Sheriff is the answer. No relatives and qualified and anglo.
No chance in hell. He got clobbered last time. Too much excess baggage in his personal life. If he couldn't beat Bully, he sure isn't gonna beat any of the Mexi candidates.

Location hidden

#17 Apr 5, 2010
watch dog wrote:
the problem with anyone hiring somone and paying them Min wage is just asking for theift. How can anyone make a living on such low wages? They have to get their rent from some place. Have you ever visited Santa Clara? Its no differnt than Palomas Mexico, just as dirty and the same crime not only during the day but at night. You enter Santa Clara and take the risk of being attacked my lots of Mexican Gangs ect.. Where is the Sheriff and all his deputy dogs? Santa Clara is a real eyesore and they need to build a huge fence around it, just like on our border.
Bullshit! I "visit" Santa Clara every Sunday because my church is located there. I also drive through the town at least once a month to visit Central School to take pictures of the kids. I NEVER have a problem with the residents and there is NO gang activity visible. Not to say gang members don't live there. But there isn't a city in NM that doesn't have a gang presence. I feel as safe there as I do in Silver City. And Santa Clara has it's own police force. They don't need the Sheriff. Let the Sheriff worry about what's going on in unincorporated areas of the county. That's where he's SUPPOSED to be patrolling. The reason Santa Clara has an economic problem is because it's an ex-mining town. When the mines left, so did the money. If you don't feel safe there, then keep the hell OUT. But you aren't going to find a "safe" place anywhere in tnis country any more. And especially not in this state.
Big John

Albuquerque, NM

#18 Apr 5, 2010
Deputy276 wrote:
<quoted text>
No chance in hell. He got clobbered last time. Too much excess baggage in his personal life. If he couldn't beat Bully, he sure isn't gonna beat any of the Mexi candidates.
Check your facts he lost by 1100 votes. It was a Democrat/ Republican issue. Thats that!
jot1101

Albuquerque, NM

#21 Apr 5, 2010
Don Wan wrote:
Yeah lets get another Mexican into Office and see if anything will get better...No lets vote white this time
DON WAN!!!!
Another Mexican huh??? Was this person born in Mexico???? Or do you even know?(I honestly doubt it) White???? What are you ignorant???
outsider

Albuquerque, NM

#22 Apr 5, 2010
Deputy276 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit! I "visit" Santa Clara every Sunday because my church is located there. I also drive through the town at least once a month to visit Central School to take pictures of the kids. I NEVER have a problem with the residents and there is NO gang activity visible. Not to say gang members don't live there. But there isn't a city in NM that doesn't have a gang presence. I feel as safe there as I do in Silver City. And Santa Clara has it's own police force. They don't need the Sheriff. Let the Sheriff worry about what's going on in unincorporated areas of the county. That's where he's SUPPOSED to be patrolling. The reason Santa Clara has an economic problem is because it's an ex-mining town. When the mines left, so did the money. If you don't feel safe there, then keep the hell OUT. But you aren't going to find a "safe" place anywhere in tnis country any more. And especially not in this state.
What you go to chruch there, you could never tell that by me, do all Christians act like you, you must be Baptist

Since: Apr 10

Snata Clara

#23 Apr 5, 2010
Hey lets not bash Santa Clara that is where I was born..anyways we all have guns and now how to use them. The police is never around and that is common knowledge.nothing new or expected

Since: Apr 10

Snata Clara

#25 Apr 5, 2010
Lets refrain from name calling, just because you hate white people donít mean we all do. No I donít smoke pot nor live by a landfill. I would hate to marry my sister..but I know one thing. I am going to vote for Mr Koons because we do need new ideas on how to deal with some of the issues going on with grant county. Its really time to put the hate down and step up and be a man if that is all possible. I hope that not all Mexicanís agree with what you have said, I sure havenít. I am proud to me a third generation Hispanic and not all white people are beggars either. You sure say a whole lot but you really donít get the point do you? Yes grant county has a long way to go, but the last sheriffs department has not done a thing to help us all out so lets move on and get some new insights to all our problems. God Bless Mr. Koons and his new ideas its about time

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Clara Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Federal law enforcement agencies conduct meth s... Jun 28 A view from me 3
News Luna County enters Joint Powers Agreement for C... Jun 26 Wizard_Not 1
News Luna County Commissioners plan to vote today on... Jun 24 Wizard_Not 1
News Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Jun 23 Tony 619
News Lawsuit filed in federal court alleges murder c... (Jul '14) May '15 Pepper Dine 2
News WNMU students graduate from Police Academy (Jun '10) Sep '14 Really 8
News Santa Clara Police Officer Arrested (Feb '12) Apr '14 Peon 16
More from around the web

Santa Clara People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Santa Clara Mortgages