First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Aquafina

Silver City, NM

#1 Dec 22, 2009
So is any further action going to be taken against Dr. Twana Sparks or will she just be allowed to continue her practice?
Frances Clarke

Tucson, AZ

#2 Dec 25, 2009
Aquafina wrote:
So is any further action going to be taken against Dr. Twana Sparks or will she just be allowed to continue her practice?
Action was taken against Dr. Sparks. She can practice because her license was not revoked. What she is guilty of does not alarm the community as a whole. She will survive this episode and continue to practice medicine.
Aquafina

Silver City, NM

#3 Dec 26, 2009
And so I'm expected to believe the people of Grant County as a "whole" are completely okay with this? I think not. This is outrageous and people should be alarmed at this fact. What society allows such a thing? If the citizens of Grant county are okay with this there is something seriously wrong with our community/society.(as if I didn't know that already)
With all the hoopla about Michael Jackson taking "propofol" outside of the "OR," someone please tell me how the seriousness of this is not on or about the same level if not worse? Were these people not anesthetized, perhaps using propofol? I know it is administered along with anesthesia, so if a person is under the medical influence of these drugs for surgical purposes, thus groped without their consent, where then are the cries of outrage? If no outrage, why then are people not lining the streets with hopes of their own assault. People this is assault on so many levels, where is your concern? Has society finally lost their minds and conformed to tolerance of sexual violence? Comletely insane.
Frances Clarke

Tucson, AZ

#4 Dec 26, 2009
Aquafina wrote:
And so I'm expected to believe the people of Grant County as a "whole" are completely okay with this? I think not. This is outrageous and people should be alarmed at this fact. What society allows such a thing? If the citizens of Grant county are okay with this there is something seriously wrong with our community/society.(as if I didn't know that already)

You just answered your own question

With all the hoopla about Michael Jackson taking "propofol" outside of the "OR," someone please tell me how the seriousness of this is not on or about the same level if not worse? Were these people not anesthetized, perhaps using propofol? I know it is administered along with anesthesia, so if a person is under the medical influence of these drugs for surgical purposes, thus groped without their consent, where then are the cries of outrage?

There were a hundred or so posts protesting the actions of Dr.Sparks in the Silver City Topix. Some posts were in defense of her actions.

If no outrage, why then are people not lining the streets with hopes of their own assault. People this is assault on so many levels, where is your concern? Has society finally lost their minds and conformed to tolerance of sexual violence? Comletely insane.
You are 100% correct. There is some outrage but the majority are apathetic towards this crime as well as every other type of crime committed in this community.

Sick isn't it? For every protest there will appear a rebuttal which normally is along the line of "Stop whining, there is nothing wrong with law enforcement, shut up, everything will be fine if you just stop complaining, etc, etc, etc".

The ways of our neighbors to the south is very much the way the law operates in this community. Please do not take it as a racial comment. Mexico has come by its reputation honestly. Is there that much difference between what happens in the tri-county area and what goes on south of the border? I think not.
Aquafina

Silver City, NM

#5 Dec 27, 2009
Frances Clarke wrote:
<quoted text>
You are 100% correct. There is some outrage but the majority are apathetic towards this crime as well as every other type of crime committed in this community.
Sick isn't it? For every protest there will appear a rebuttal which normally is along the line of "Stop whining, there is nothing wrong with law enforcement, shut up, everything will be fine if you just stop complaining, etc, etc, etc".
The ways of our neighbors to the south is very much the way the law operates in this community. Please do not take it as a racial comment. Mexico has come by its reputation honestly. Is there that much difference between what happens in the tri-county area and what goes on south of the border? I think not.
Guess the Govenors office needs another phone call. Do you know if the BBB falls along these lines anywhere. I know the medical board does but what about the BBB? A medical practice is a business isn't it?
Frances Clarke

Tucson, AZ

#6 Dec 27, 2009
Aquafina wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess the Govenors office needs another phone call. Do you know if the BBB falls along these lines anywhere. I know the medical board does but what about the BBB? A medical practice is a business isn't it?
The BBB may have an office or contact in Silver City, but I doubt it. I remember the BBB had a main office in Albuquerque years ago. If they cannot help directly, they may be able to refer you.

Kid, you must not be from New Mexico if you think Richardsons office can or will listen, much less help. Don't be discouraged, you are one step ahead if you know what is going on in the community. This Topix forum is a good tool to pick up the pulse of the community, as are newspapers. That is, newspapers that employ journalists who are not afraid to write what the status-quo might not like.

Will you ever use Dr. Sparks if you need medical treatment relating to her specialty? Would you trust Gila Regional Medical Center if you need a major surgery performed, or would you opt to go elsewhere? The Sun News and this Topix forum have brought those issues into my world. I think public information is so important as well as underrated.

To combat the lack of ethics that seem to prevail, the community itself if kept informed about local problems can protect themselves better so as not to become a victim. I like that when we are aware of concerns that affect us, we are able to make informed choices when we vote, shop, recreate or seek safe medical treatment.
SQ Simpson

Kansas City, KS

#7 Dec 28, 2009
As far as I remember, there is in the United States of America a presumption of innocence, until PROVEN guilty. Dr. Sparks has been accused of some things. Period. She should not be and has not been sanctioned on the basis of accusations. An appropriate investigation is underway and will, I have no doubt, be exonerating.

A quick internet search reveals that there are those who may believe they have reasons for personal vendettas against her. You can do the same search I did. I don't know who's doing the alleging, but it wouldn't surprise me if it were the same people.
Aquafina

Silver City, NM

#8 Dec 28, 2009
Frances Clarke wrote:
<quoted text>
The BBB may have an office or contact in Silver City, but I doubt it. I remember the BBB had a main office in Albuquerque years ago. If they cannot help directly, they may be able to refer you.
Kid, you must not be from New Mexico if you think Richardsons office can or will listen, much less help. Don't be discouraged, you are one step ahead if you know what is going on in the community. This Topix forum is a good tool to pick up the pulse of the community, as are newspapers. That is, newspapers that employ journalists who are not afraid to write what the status-quo might not like.
Will you ever use Dr. Sparks if you need medical treatment relating to her specialty? Would you trust Gila Regional Medical Center if you need a major surgery performed, or would you opt to go elsewhere? The Sun News and this Topix forum have brought those issues into my world. I think public information is so important as well as underrated.
To combat the lack of ethics that seem to prevail, the community itself if kept informed about local problems can protect themselves better so as not to become a victim. I like that when we are aware of concerns that affect us, we are able to make informed choices when we vote, shop, recreate or seek safe medical treatment.
The answer to your questions is No. I would never go to her and I hope I never have to allow that hospital to perform a major operation on me. I won't give up the fight
Aquafina

Silver City, NM

#9 Dec 28, 2009
SQ Simpson wrote:
As far as I remember, there is in the United States of America a presumption of innocence, until PROVEN guilty. Dr. Sparks has been accused of some things. Period. She should not be and has not been sanctioned on the basis of accusations. An appropriate investigation is underway and will, I have no doubt, be exonerating.
A quick internet search reveals that there are those who may believe they have reasons for personal vendettas against her. You can do the same search I did. I don't know who's doing the alleging, but it wouldn't surprise me if it were the same people.
How many times has our nation given the benefit of the doubt only to be stabbed in the back by their own systems. Let's look at the police shootings in Washington recently. That guy was released and should not have been and then traveled across the country to Washington only to wipe out the lives of three police officers. You may want to take your kids and loved ones to her office and allow her to operate on you, if so, you do at your own risk. Has history not taught us that people who are being watched only search out other ways to get their fix?

Will you be able to live with yourself should something worse happen by the hands of this person? How do you know it isn't already? Something eery about allowing the system so much time to exonerate a guilty person when the whole time their dimented little minds twitch to the beat of their next victim.
Surgerysleuth

Long Beach, CA

#10 Jan 13, 2010
This is absolutely criminal, what she did. I didn't even see where she denied it; how could she, with so many witnesses???
If this had been a male doctor, nurse, whatever-accused of the same thing, HE would have been fired immediately! Such a stupid double standard that still continues to poison our world.
How can STUPID SQ Simpson say that she has no doubt that she'll be exonerated?? What?? Are you for real? Get a clue! I'm so sick and tired of being surrounded by IDIOTS!
Aquafina

Silver City, NM

#11 Jan 13, 2010
Surgerysleuth wrote:
This is absolutely criminal, what she did. I didn't even see where she denied it; how could she, with so many witnesses???
If this had been a male doctor, nurse, whatever-accused of the same thing, HE would have been fired immediately! Such a stupid double standard that still continues to poison our world.
How can STUPID SQ Simpson say that she has no doubt that she'll be exonerated?? What?? Are you for real? Get a clue! I'm so sick and tired of being surrounded by IDIOTS!
Touche' away..maybe SQ Simpson is Sparks? and you're absolutely right..I've never seen, read or heard her deny any of the accusations. Anyone in their "right" mind would want to continue their practice by denying the allegations and would NEVER agree to abide by such preposterous probationary rules
stunned in Silver City

Farmington, NM

#12 Jan 14, 2010
SQ Simpson wrote:
Dr. Sparks had the opportunity to go before the medical board and prove that the accusations were false. She did not. No physician not guilty of such charges would accept a settlement on such charges.
stunned in Silver City

Farmington, NM

#13 Jan 14, 2010
At least one insurance company ( http://www.scdailypress.com/ee/silvercitydail... ) has dropped her from their plan. I expect other commercial plans to follow suit.
ooh

Silver City, NM

#14 Jan 14, 2010
stunned in Silver City wrote:
At least one insurance company ( http://www.scdailypress.com/ee/silvercitydail... ) has dropped her from their plan. I expect other commercial plans to follow suit.
Now isn't that interesting..
Aquafina

Silver City, NM

#15 Jan 14, 2010
So if they all drop her she can't practice then can she? Or can she? Hope NOT
stunned in Silver City

Farmington, NM

#16 Jan 15, 2010
If they all drop her (and that includes Medicaid and Medicare) she can still practice but the insurance companies will not pay her claims, so the patients will have to. This has no effect on those without insurance.
stunned in Silver City

Farmington, NM

#17 Jan 15, 2010
Correction, they will not pay the full amount of her claim, leaving the patient responsible for the balance.

Interesting last sentence in the above cited article: Solove said she has every confidence that Sparks will more than satisfy the conditions set by the state medical board restricting her activities to those specifically outlined within her specialty as an ENT, and that she plans to ask the board to repeal its action sometime this year." I wonder what would happen if residents from the area wrote to the board requesting that it does not repeal its actions.
Cursor Maniac

Tucson, AZ

#18 Jan 16, 2010
stunned in Silver City wrote:
Correction, they will not pay the full amount of her claim, leaving the patient responsible for the balance.
Interesting last sentence in the above cited article: Solove said she has every confidence that Sparks will more than satisfy the conditions set by the state medical board restricting her activities to those specifically outlined within her specialty as an ENT, and that she plans to ask the board to repeal its action sometime this year." I wonder what would happen if residents from the area wrote to the board requesting that it does not repeal its actions.
If the letters you suggeted people write are from former patients their letters may carry more weight than just a "concerned citizen".

Would'nt GCMC be liable if Dr. Sparks continued to use the facility and gave in to the urge to do again whatever it was that got her in trouble?

Because GCMC is public hospital, I would like to know if any kind of a risk management plan is in place in case Dr. Sparks is allowed to perform surgery again without supervision.
stunned in Silver City

Farmington, NM

#19 Jan 17, 2010
I would think the opinion of current and future patients would be more important than past patients. I presume that the board figures the local population wants to have an ENT available if they need one. What if a significant part of that population would rather travel a long distance than go to her?

Is the hospital liable for what has already happened, provided it was more than an examination? If so, why incur further risk?

As I reread that article, there are several things that bother me.

If for purely altruistic reasons Dr. Sparks wanted the patient to receive a complete physical examination, why didn't she perform the examination prior to the patient being admitted? I've been examined before every admission for surgery.

What was so painful about the exam that it required general anesthesia in order to perform it? I've had some VERY thorough examinations (including the "silver bullet" while in the military) and have never been given any medication.

Why didn't Dr. Sparks know that a surgeon is supposed to report everything that occurs from the time the patient goes to sleep until the time the patient wakes up? Don't they teach that in medical school or residency?
nogod

Albuquerque, NM

#20 Jan 18, 2010
first dr. sparks saved my life she removed a cancerous tumor that was in my thyroid. second if you knew her you would know that she is not hetro.... all she did was perform duties she wasnt licensed to do. she did not rape anyone. she did not molest and the state never charged her with anything at all. no its not a double standard its spin from the media. but go ahead vilinize her go a head with your witch hunt. both newspapers in silver suck. they never get anything right. theres always a correction hidden somewhere in each issue.

bottom line im male i still see sparks as a patient. not everyone is getting surgery from sparks so the people this affects is minimal.

lol its ok if you doctor see's your privates.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Clara Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr JOEL 69,974
A Possible Situation? Oct 13 yankeedudell 3
Forgery Cover up by GCSO Oct 13 Nick Jonas 2
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Sep 29 Insect Trust 32
WNMU students graduate from Police Academy (Jun '10) Sep 20 Really 8
To ban or not to ban - the future of plastic ba... Sep 20 Really 12
Black Range Artist plan plein air show Sep '14 I love the southwest 1
Santa Clara Dating
Find my Match

Santa Clara Jobs