Imam preaches Islam with a distinct U...

Imam preaches Islam with a distinct US style

There are 3 comments on the Daily Hampshire Gazette story from May 31, 2011, titled Imam preaches Islam with a distinct US style. In it, Daily Hampshire Gazette reports that:

At the pulpit of an inner-city Chicago mosque, the tall blond imam begins preaching in his customary fashion, touching on the Los Angeles Lakers victory the night before, his own gang involvement as a teenager, a TV soap opera and then the Day of Judgment.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Hampshire Gazette.

Ayer Keroh, Malaysia

#1 May 31, 2011
I think he is doing great work.

"Are we going to reach them with an Arab message or with a Pakistani message? Or are we going to reach them with an American message?" asks Webb, 38, of Santa Clara, Calif.

Try the universal message - the internet message, the face book message, the average or the sum of all messages. The message all are coming to understand soon.

San Diego, CA

#2 May 31, 2011
try bmz singapore!

“The Defiant Dhimmi”

Since: Apr 08

Scholar of the Obvious

#3 Jun 1, 2011
An American-style Islam?
You mean a non 7th century Islam?

Then obviously it isn't Islam.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Clara Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roadshow: Parking in front of a neighbor's hous... (Aug '09) 10 hr Susie 282
Sunnyvale Parrot Study (Dec '09) Tue Hank 27
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... (Sep '15) Tue My Favorite 137
News Gaga to sing at Super Bowl Oct 22 Callme TRUMP 3
News 7 Creative, Marvelous and Downright Weird Ways ... Oct 22 Mark Jewbuttbook 7
Is There A Police Helicopter Flying Around?? (Aug '08) Oct 22 Hisgirl 59
Local Politics Do you approve of Thomas C. Williams as City Ma... (Jan '12) Oct 18 MilpitasResident 9

Santa Clara Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Santa Clara Mortgages