Is the Santa Ana city manager's job in jeopardy?

Jan 8, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Wave

A large crowd showed up at Monday's Santa Ana council meeting to show support for City Manager Paul Walters, who some fear the council may dismiss.

Comments
1 - 1 of 1 Comments Last updated Jan 10, 2013
Rich Soto

Tustin, CA

#1 Jan 10, 2013
The city manager's office has becomed politicized.
The city council should select the best qualified and experienced City Manager, not an ambitious politician like Paul Walters. Paul Walters ran several times for sheriff of Orange County and as Police Chief threatened to look for a higher-paid job if he wasn't paid more. The city council capitulated and gave him a raise. Santa Ana is looking more like the city of Bell. Paul Walters was named City manager for a probationary period. The city council has a right to review his performance and search for a permanent and qualifed city manager.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Ana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 2 hr go away 5,007
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 2 hr Soaked good 200,593
Review: Atrium Windows (Mar '09) 3 hr broRobW 178
Committed Carbon Emissions Are Rising Fast 3 hr SpaceBlues 1
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 11 hr lazy posts 15,963
Vagos motorcycle club targeted in Southern Cali... (Mar '06) 23 hr AHM LOS BGS 4,791
Boba/shaved ice supplies Fri socaljohn91 1
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Orange County was issued at August 30 at 9:02AM PDT

•••

Santa Ana News Video

•••
•••

Santa Ana Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••