Child nearly drowns in pool at Sanibe...

Child nearly drowns in pool at Sanibel Island home

There are 30 comments on the News Press story from Mar 31, 2010, titled Child nearly drowns in pool at Sanibel Island home. In it, News Press reports that:

A child was resuscitated after being removed from a pool at a house on Sanibel around 5:15 this afternoon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News Press.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
MILWAUKEESANIBEL

Milwaukee, WI

#21 Apr 14, 2010
Great to hear! Thank you for the updates. All of us are praying for Cal and his family.
Liz

Chicago, IL

#22 Apr 14, 2010
Oh my gosh. I never expected to check back and hear of improvement. This is wonderful news, though I know still precarious. I submitted Cal's and his family's story in church last Sunday to be read aloud as a sorrow, and asked that the congregation hold Cal and his family in their hearts and prayers. If ever I wanted to believe in the power of prayer, it is now.
Wisconsin Family

AOL

#23 Apr 14, 2010
Our family too was at Pointe Santo and witnessed this tragic event. We are elated to read that little Cal has shown some signs of improvement. I would like Cal's mom and family to know that there are many "Pointe Santo" families keeping them in their prayers. Thank you for the updates.
God Bless little Cal.
Alice

Minneapolis, MN

#24 Apr 15, 2010
MN Family Friend wrote:
Hi Alice - to preserve some privacy for the family, I won't say where they live other than it's on the East side of the river.
Cal was removed from the ventilator yesterday and has been breathing on his own. He is responding with movement and is able to see. For Cal, life is minute by minute and you can imagine how his Mommy feels. She is doing the best she can. Cal is a little fighter and she isn't giving up on him!
I completely understand about the privacy conerns. I was there when it happened and was one of the people holding the Mom's hand. It is such good news to hear that he is breathing on his own and showing signs of inprovemant. I pray for him every day.
MN Family Friend

Manchester, CT

#25 Apr 19, 2010
Thank you all for your prayers.
Cal now has a CaringBridge site:

www.caringbridge.org
calproechel

He is an amazing little miracle!
Katie

Chicago, IL

#26 Apr 19, 2010
MN Family Friend - Please let Cal's family know that all of us who worked to help him that afternoon think of him and pray for him daily. I hope that his progress continues.
MILWAUKEESANIBEL

Milwaukee, WI

#27 Apr 19, 2010
thank you so much for the caringbridge site. This type of site will really help keep all of us up to date with this little miracle...:)
den

United States

#28 Apr 23, 2010
MILWAUKEESANIBEL wrote:
Great to hear! Thank you for the updates. All of us are praying for Cal and his family.

You can follow the progress on caringbridge.org . type in Calproechel in the visit box
MNteacher

Saint Paul, MN

#29 Apr 23, 2010
Lindsey

Cambridge, MN

#30 Apr 25, 2010
The little boy is doing awesome!! Just wanted all you to know that your prayers obviously were answered.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sanibel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dek Bar; Another likely choice if you're tired ... 4 hr FBI Warning 4
New registered sex offender on barrow dr (Feb '14) Jun 22 Bianca 8
sex offenders with above the law attitudes (Dec '15) Jun 22 Bianca 3
No unattended bags allowed on beach within less... Jun 22 Wonder why 2
News Shooting victim laid to rest, but Cape question... Jun 17 Anonymous 1
News Procedural delays still keep gay men from donat... Jun 17 Wonder why 1
Review: Around The Clock Fitness (Feb '11) Jun 17 Anne_S 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sanibel Mortgages