Puerto Rico accepts camera surveillan...

Puerto Rico accepts camera surveillance, Florida approaches it ...

There are 56 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Dec 24, 2007, titled Puerto Rico accepts camera surveillance, Florida approaches it .... In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

The public-housing project of Jardines de Monte Hatillo is a violent place run by drug gangs in the San Juan metropolitan area, where children learn before they can walk to drop to the floor when they hear ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
FYI

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#49 Dec 24, 2007
Confused wrote:
<quoted text>
Pleeease explain. How do you know that 75% of the employees are from Puerto Rico, just by looking at their name tags? Does it actually say Puerto Rico on their name tags?
If you know anything about this very racist part of America,(Central and Nothern Floida), the most racist of all the other 49 tates, you would know the exagerated lies and comments made by these hillbilly bigots are just to inflame all Puerto Ricans alike. FYI, unless they carry guns pointed at all Puerto Ricans, they are truly terrified to do this to us in person, and they won't.
FYI

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#50 Dec 24, 2007
UCF84 wrote:
<quoted text>
you are correct.... the sentinel is pro-rican.... every article about PRs always cast them in a positive light....
the real truth comes out in these threads... but not for long.... saying something along the lines of "when PRs move into a neighborhood.... even the rats relocate".... its a real thread killer.....
That's becuase they are educated people at the Sun Sentinel, who like us educated Puerto Ricans even more so than a bunch of red kneck losers, mother and cousing banging hillbillies who chew and spew tobacco all over the place.

Any Puerto Rican can be considered much better than that.
FYI

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#51 Dec 24, 2007
BWS wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooooh--I love your command of the English language! Did you work really hard to learn those lovely and eloquent words you use? They really express your ability to communicate rationally and in a civilized fashion.
Jealous?

At least We can speak in two languages. But you, your only limited to just one and it's hilbilly broken English bubba talk.
UCF84

Converse, TX

#52 Dec 24, 2007
listen to this wrote:
<quoted text>
LETS ALL HATERS OF ORLANDO PLAY THE GAME OF"BLAME EVERYTHING ON THE "PUERTO RICANS> :):):)
THE "PUERTO RICANS in orlando, it seems, have ruined this once-beautiful city, Singlehandedly, I might add.
In truth, though, some of us suffer from a chronic disease called "Blame all that happens bad in Orlando all on the THE "PUERTO RICANS";
Car won't start? Blame THE "DAMM ORLANDO PUERTO RICANS.
Late for work? It's THOSE DAMM "ORLANDO PUERTO RICANS fault.
Son hooked on crystal meth? It's them damm ORLANDO PUERTO RICANS fault.
Marriage HERE IN CENTRAL FLORIDA sucks? Blame an ORLANDO PUERTO RICAN.
Yes, I'm being silly here, but do you get the point?
Without question, the issue of THE PUERTO RICANS - its causes, SELF IMPOSED impact on the ORLANDO Mickey Mouse community at large, and resolution - is important. Too bad the most vocal among us find this BLAME ALL ON THE ORLANDO PEURTO RICAN topic hard to discuss cogently, without resorting to hatred and name-calling.
Truth be told, those kinds of attitudes are probably based on perceptions and conventional wisdom that's unsubstantiated but accepted as THE ORLANDO MICKEY MOUSE GOSPEL of every day life in ORLANDO and Mickey mouse does not like it at all as he knows better than that. But the real Truth is still hard to get at, especially by bigotted racist haters who would love to see nothing less, than a racial war in America.
Wake up America, black and white and brown people and yellow skin and red people and smell the coffee, don't let a few EVIL RACISTS destroy the good hearted AMERICAN majority
GIVE US SOLUTIONS, NOT MAKE UP MORE EXXAGERATIONS AND LIES AND PROBLEMS THAN THERE REALLY ARE, THEN STRIVE AND ACT IN A LOVING AND CONSCIETIOUS WAY TO HELP SOLVE THE PROBLEM WITHOUT RESORTING TO THE BLAME GAMES..ON ALL PUERTO RICANS...AMD THEN DO NOTHING ABOUT IT.
this is not communist China, but the Great Freedom loving USA, and NO ONE CAN JUST FLATLY STOP ANY REAL HUMAN BEING STOP FROM BREATHING TO BETTER OUT THEIR LIVES AND THE LIVES OF THOSE THEY LOVE.
GOD BLESS YOU ALL & AMERICA TOO. But down with all bigots in life. They would love nothing less than to rekindle once again the Mississippi Burning of the 60’s....
Therefore be BE Wise as a Serpent, but yet, harmless as a Dove.

Converse, TX

#53 Dec 24, 2007
Jeronimo speaks wrote:
ALL White 'Americans' are descendants of ILLEGAL immigrants, who barged in (invaded) from England and Europe, massacred over 84,000 Cherokee Blackfoot NATIVE AMERICANS and stole their land, dismissed their culture, disrespected their beliefs and desecrated their burial grounds, and then invented a pathetic excuse for a 'festival', called 'Thanksgiving'!
The NATIVE AMERICANS were 'thanked' for their hospitality and goodwill by being 'allocated' reservations to live on, by the occupying white man, in their OWN country!!! Chiefs and princes and princesses, reduced to an existence of humiliation and resentment! Thanks my arse! It's not Thanksgiving, it's gloating about your disgusting ability to invade, occupy and imprison people in their own lands!
And then as if that wasn't enough, the White 'masters' created the Slave Trade Triangle, kidnapping/'capturing', raping and humiliating prominent members of warrior tribes in Africa before enslaving them in the 'Land of the (Native) Brave, Home of the (Native) Free', and forcing them to forget their heritage and identity by use of even more imperial violence!
So who the bloody hell are YOU to call anyone else 'illegal' immigrants?? The British 'Empire' occupied almost half the world for three centuries, enslaving people in their OWN countries! Did anyone call the imperial/colonial 'settlers'(scum)'illegal immigrants', even though that's exactly what they were/are??
And more importantly, has any 'illegal' immigrant EVER tried to imprison or enslave you?? No? Didn't think so.
Jump off your useless, pathetic, racist, bigoted bandwagon and face up to the truth that YOU, white EUROPEANS, are living on someone else's land without their permission, in North and South America, South Africa, Iraq, Afghanistan.....! Therefore YOU ARE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS!!!
Ask a Native what the 'American Dream' really is, then fulfill it and GO HOME TO EUROPE!
And the moral of the above post is PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH.
crazy davey lopez using another screen name...... you can't hide stupid......
UCF84

Converse, TX

#54 Dec 24, 2007
FYI wrote:
<quoted text>
That's becuase they are educated people at the Sun Sentinel, who like us educated Puerto Ricans even more so than a bunch of red kneck losers, mother and cousing banging hillbillies who chew and spew tobacco all over the place.
Any Puerto Rican can be considered much better than that.
crazy davey lopez using another screen name...... you can't hide stupid....

run along home little man......
UCF84

Converse, TX

#55 Dec 24, 2007
Welfare Dept wrote:
<quoted text>
This is based on all welfare cases in all states, including Puerto Rico....
Puerto Rico shows 54,500, or so, welfare cases on the books, comparing it, to it's 4 million people living there,..You cannot fairly or hardly come close to comparing Puerto Rico to being a total welfare State Island or country at all!!...
You also need to Look at all other states, here in the Union as well too, and do compare them all with one another....You will find that there are a lot more other states, here in the Union, who have much more worst and higher welfare cases, on the books, than Puerto Rico ever has!!!
crazy davey lopez using another screen name...... you can't hide stupid......

still making up facts as you go?..... run along home little man.....

Since: Feb 07

Caguas, Puerto Rico

#58 Dec 24, 2007
UCF84 wrote:
<quoted text>
........Que?.....
UCF84 -

I live on an island that is 9X% inhabited by Puerto Ricans, and it hasn't seemed to hurt MY property values at all. Maybe y'all are doing something wrong.

But, humor me here. Let's say that you own a company. Let's pretend that it's a CPA firm. Let's say you have an opening for an entry-level position. Minimum requirement, Batchelor's Degree. Now, let's say you have two candidates who have applied, made the short list and are up for final selection. One of them is Johm Murphy from Huntsville, and the other is Armando Rodríguez from Puerto Rico. John finished in the top 10% of his class, Armando finished in the top 2% of his. Both of them attended the same University. Who do you hire?
DDY

Chester, SC

#59 Dec 26, 2007
Maldonado wrote:
Apparently the Puerto Rican race has a proclivity towards violence and doing evil things. Just look at what they have done in all the places they have infested in America like Brooklyn, Newark, Jersey City, Passiac, Camden, and Philly. And lets not forget beautiful Kissimmee.
They certainly have a lot to be proud of. A proud people with a proud heritage. I think it's time for another Latin festival to celebrate being Hispanic. Mi Orgullo!
Let's go back to history, when the white man crossed over from the continent of Europe, slaughtered many Native Americans, raped their land and took over and polluted it.

People like you hide more dirt under the rug than the average Joe. Hypercrit!!
My 2 cents

Cheraw, SC

#60 Dec 26, 2007
Popi wrote:
Next time you go over to Disney, check out the name tags on the employees and you'll see that now 75% of them are from Puerto Rico. They have slowly ruined Disney too. As a Disney employee you get free admission for yor relatives, which is why when you go to Disney these days the place is loaded with Ricans walking around. It never used to be like that. It's a shame that they destroy everything.
Check out the name tags? What, does it say,'I'm Puerto Rican?" Or what you saw were surnames such as "Lopez", "Gonzales", "Rodriguez", etc. etc. Just because a person has a Spanish last name doesn't mean they'r Puerto Rican. They could be Cuban, Dominican, Mexican or Columbian. If your last name was McKnight, I assumed you're from Ireland, right? Wrong! Lots of Americans have that very last name, but so do folks in Ireland.
FYI

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#61 Dec 26, 2007
Maldonado wrote:
Apparently the Puerto Rican race has a proclivity towards violence and doing evil things. Just look at what they have done in all the places they have infested in America like Brooklyn, Newark, Jersey City, Passiac, Camden, and Philly. And lets not forget beautiful Kissimmee.
They certainly have a lot to be proud of. A proud people with a proud heritage. I think it's time for another Latin festival to celebrate being Hispanic. Mi Orgullo!
Mr Maldonado,

FYI.

ALL White 'Americans' are descendants of ILLEGAL immigrants, who barged in (invaded) from England and Europe, massacred over 84,000 Cherokee Blackfoot NATIVE AMERICANS and stole their land, dismissed their culture, disrespected their beliefs and desecrated their burial grounds, and then invented a pathetic excuse for a 'festival', called 'Thanksgiving'!

The NATIVE AMERICANS were 'thanked' for their hospitality and goodwill by being 'allocated' reservations to live on, by the occupying white man, in their OWN country!!! Chiefs and princes and princesses, reduced to an existence of humiliation and resentment! Thanks my arse! It's not Thanksgiving, it's gloating about your disgusting ability to invade, occupy and imprison people in their own lands!

And then as if that wasn't enough, the White 'masters' created the Slave Trade Triangle, kidnapping/'capturing', raping and humiliating prominent members of warrior tribes in Africa before enslaving them in the 'Land of the (Native) Brave, Home of the (Native) Free', and forcing them to forget their heritage and identity by use of even more imperial violence!

So who the bloody hell are YOU to call anyone else 'illegal' immigrants?? The British 'Empire' occupied almost half the world for three centuries, enslaving people in their OWN countries! Did anyone call the imperial/colonial 'settlers'(scum)'illegal immigrants', even though that's exactly what they were/are??

And more importantly, has any 'illegal' immigrant EVER tried to imprison or enslave you?? No? Didn't think so.

Jump off your useless, pathetic, racist, bigoted bandwagon and face up to the truth that YOU, white EUROPEANS, are living on someone else's land without their permission, in North and South America, South Africa, Iraq, Afghanistan.....! Therefore YOU ARE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS!!!

Ask a Native what the 'American Dream' really is, then fulfill it and GO HOME TO EUROPE!

And the moral of the above post is PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH.
WHOA

Wagener, SC

#62 Dec 30, 2007
really concerned citizen wrote:
You cannot round them all up. THey are like the cockroach when you turn the lights on. They breed like roaches too. That is their national pass time, breeding more future prisoners. When you are dumb and really under educated, you are not able to land a job, even at MacDonald's. You have to learn how to speak English and they don't have a clue. The only thing that I see that they think is important is that cheap peice of crap that they dangle off the rear view mirror of uninsured vehicle that they all ride around in. Deport them like the mexicans or better yet deport them to mexico, they can all speak together then.
Please learn how to spell. While you're at it, take a course on grammar as well.
WHOA

Wagener, SC

#63 Dec 30, 2007
Gran Wizard of St Cloud wrote:
I see my brothers here have come out in force. Yay!
Yeah, your brothers and their wives (your sisters) and cousins and aunties who are all married to each other. Don't you know that marrying your mother or sister is illegal?
DDY

Chester, SC

#64 Jan 4, 2008
simple wrote:
The crime rate in Puerto Rico has declined, the Crime rate in Central Florida has increased! Fact, wonder why? No Habla english!
I say let the all the nice good people of Puerto Rico move here, and make the Island of Puerto Rico a Penal Colony and Prison, Remove all Planes, ships, boats, the US coast guard could patrol it cutting it off from the rest of the world, with only two ships anything tring to leave would be blown out of the water or air, with no questions asked. All US convicted criminals would be sent there, and we could turn all the prisons here into schools. So do the crime spend the rest of your life in Puerto Rico fending for yourself. This solves two problems, Too much crime here not enough schools.
Your post don't make any sense. You are one pathetic loser. Get off your high horse, moron!
BoricuaDePuraSep a

San Antonio, TX

#65 Jan 5, 2008
LIBERALS HATE facts wrote:
<quoted text>Ok 'educated'. Crime is one thing......THUGS....drug dealers.....habitual thieves.....gangs....etc That's another.
I've done this over and over.......
Find me the police reports for say....Dr. Phillips vs BVHell....and lets compare notes......
Now....you're free to put your head back in the sand.
Run along.....
The problem with comparing numbers to the people is that it will show high numbers for one group or another. The same can be said of Blacks in certain areas like Detroit and DC. So what, several Puerto Ricans commit crime compare to other groups in Central Florida so what? Eventually it will be controlled after they are rounded up an put in jail. Every group that came to America, that is immigrants like the Irish, Italians, etc, etc, were involved in crime due to poverty and undereducation. Instead of always spewing your hatred and discuss and pointing to the few that commit crimes and "destroy" your precious hurricane ravaged, swamped infested sink holes maybe you bigots should look for the quiet law abidding Puerto Ricans (Americans) that conttribute in a positive manner. For those that want to deport us try it, you cannot deport AMERICAN citizens! Talk about un-educated hicks from the South! Boy I can go on and on, but why waste my time with a bunch of in-breeds who whine and bitch about everything!
Ives Telerme

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#66 Jan 6, 2008
PRJester wrote:
<quoted text>
UCF84 -
I live on an island that is 9X% inhabited by Puerto Ricans, and it hasn't seemed to hurt MY property values at all. Maybe y'all are doing something wrong.
But, humor me here. Let's say that you own a company. Let's pretend that it's a CPA firm. Let's say you have an opening for an entry-level position. Minimum requirement, Batchelor's Degree. Now, let's say you have two candidates who have applied, made the short list and are up for final selection. One of them is Johm Murphy from Huntsville, and the other is Armando Rodríguez from Puerto Rico. John finished in the top 10% of his class, Armando finished in the top 2% of his. Both of them attended the same University. Who do you hire?
Is that all is required to hire someone for that position? What if the candidates were David youtube Lopez or Yankee the doodle In Puerto Rico? WEho would you hire?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sanibel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dr. Rojas of Lee Family Physicians Nov 19 Patient 1
Guys, hugging a taken bartender is the surest w... Nov 18 Prince John 14
News High concentration of red tide in Lee County Nov 18 Edith 2
Massive bartender exodus reported at several ar... Nov 17 clyde 20
Review; Backstreets Sports Bar Nov 14 Bar man 3
News Voter turnout low in Fort Myers, Cape Coral gen... Nov 9 Wtf 2
Cape Coral is a citywide Autism Free zone! Nov 6 Florida paradise 2

Sanibel Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance