Bacterial bloom stains waterway up to...

Bacterial bloom stains waterway up to LaBelle

There are 1 comment on the News Press story from Jun 7, 2011, titled Bacterial bloom stains waterway up to LaBelle. In it, News Press reports that:

Parts of the Caloosahatchee River have gone green again. Blue-green algae have stained the river from the W.P. Franklin Lock and Dam upstream at least to LaBelle.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News Press.

jay wolak

Saint Johns, MI

#1 Jun 9, 2011
It's a shame what man has done to such a beautiful river. It's victim of one of the greatest environmental disasters in history.
With the rainy season on its way all these toxins won't just float out to sea . They may circulate from the rivers mouth all the way past Naples. It makes me sick to see the fish and wildlife suffer for a little green piece of paper. Let's fix the problem!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sanibel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone own a home built by Latitude26? (Aug '12) Wed AlexV 5
Getting friendly with strangers is a CAPITAL FE... Dec 11 FBI Warning 3
Dixie Roadhouse; One huge endless line dance le... (May '17) Dec 10 Police warning 7
Guys, hugging a taken bartender is the surest w... Dec 8 Prince John 17
Dr. Rojas of Lee Family Physicians Dec 6 Punta Gorda 3
Review: One Price Optical (Jun '12) Dec 4 Bob A 7
News High concentration of red tide in Lee County Nov 29 CubanCoffeeisanidiot 7

Sanibel Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sanibel Mortgages