charlie salinas's murder at the hands...

charlie salinas's murder at the hands of Sanger PD

Posted in the Sanger Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
jennie

Porterville, CA

#1 Dec 4, 2012
I am very surprised and disappointed in the Sanger community. Even after seeing and reading about the horrible way my brother was killed, there has been no backlash against the police department. I guess as long it does not personally affect them, they don't care what the PD does. Are they afraid to speak out? that is the impression I get from people I have spoken to. Why is this investigation taking so long? If all is as the Police Department says it is, why haven't the findings been released. And lastly, why has my family been subjected to the callous, indifferent way the Police Department has treated us. They even skulk around watching as my family visits and cares for my brothers memorial. I hope none of you ever have to go through what the Salinas family is going through.
x

Exeter, CA

#2 Dec 10, 2012
jennie wrote:
I am very surprised and disappointed in the Sanger community. Even after seeing and reading about the horrible way my brother was killed, there has been no backlash against the police department. I guess as long it does not personally affect them, they don't care what the PD does. Are they afraid to speak out? that is the impression I get from people I have spoken to. Why is this investigation taking so long? If all is as the Police Department says it is, why haven't the findings been released. And lastly, why has my family been subjected to the callous, indifferent way the Police Department has treated us. They even skulk around watching as my family visits and cares for my brothers memorial. I hope none of you ever have to go through what the Salinas family is going through.
Everyone is so quick to blame the police for reacting in seconds to a rapidly evolving situation that THEY DID NOT CREATE...it is a terrible tragedy but i think its unfair to blame the police. If Mr Salinas was so sick, in such need of help, and in such despair? Where was his family? Is it fair to sit by while a person spirals then blame the people in society that are forced to deal with him with no accurate information and a threat of violence snd weapons? Had Mr Salinas done this before? If so the writing was on the wall, predictable is preventable. It was a very sad situation. But blaming the police is a little out of control. They want to go home safe too.
Urbetter Offanonymous

Porterville, CA

#3 Dec 11, 2012
x wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone is so quick to blame the police for reacting in seconds to a rapidly evolving situation that THEY DID NOT CREATE...it is a terrible tragedy but i think its unfair to blame the police. If Mr Salinas was so sick, in such need of help, and in such despair? Where was his family? Is it fair to sit by while a person spirals then blame the people in society that are forced to deal with him with no accurate information and a threat of violence snd weapons? Had Mr Salinas done this before? If so the writing was on the wall, predictable is preventable. It was a very sad situation. But blaming the police is a little out of control. They want to go home safe too.
I don't think they were in the wrong for reacting. But I think there is other ways of responding to a 9-1-1 call.
1. You secure all bystanders.(F) they didn't secure bystanders if the video was on the news
2. You assess the situation. Example: does the man really have a gun? Is he threat to society?(F) They had him in a Parkin lot with two two entrances. No threat to society no gun either no reason to shoot.
3. There is an investigation process where they get paid leave. Then there are other guys with badges who call themselves investigators or detectives(cops) that investigate other cops that killed a man.(F) So the (cops) say that they the cops didn't so anything wrong so investigation concluded. Cops back on the streets. While the family of the victim don't hear an apology from these cops nor a report of why they reacted the way they did... Mind u this happened JUNE 15 2012! So go ahead and wonder why this post or this incident THE COPS are being blamed this time.. Do u depend on these guys to watch out for ur community, opening fire out at 3:00pm Friday afternoon?( SMH AND SARCASTIC VOICE )So let me ask myself "So Why is everyone is so quick to blame the police for reacting in seconds to a rapidly evolving situation that THEY DID NOT CREATE...i
jennie ruiz

Porterville, CA

#4 Dec 11, 2012
your comment shows your ignorance regarding this matter. We do not have to defend our family to you or anyone else. The Sanger Police Department is hiding the facts regarding the inept handling of this deadly incident. Do not make remarks about something you know nothing about. We see you don't care to identify yourself when you make mean remarks about families who are grieving.
jennie ruiz

Porterville, CA

#6 Dec 12, 2012
It just occurred to me, you sound like a law enforcement officer. Maybe one of the ones who murdered my brother. Go figure. Just know this family is going to pursue this till the truth comes out.
x

South San Francisco, CA

#7 Dec 12, 2012
jennie ruiz wrote:
your comment shows your ignorance regarding this matter. We do not have to defend our family to you or anyone else. The Sanger Police Department is hiding the facts regarding the inept handling of this deadly incident. Do not make remarks about something you know nothing about. We see you don't care to identify yourself when you make mean remarks about families who are grieving.
How would you all like the police to secure a scene that is moving with a man running around a crowded business district and hiding? How would you like them to safely determine he doesnt have a gun when he said he did? Take the emotion out of it and think about your own statements. I know enough to know if you call the police and say ur armed then charge the officers it will end badly.

Its horrible what happened but those out there who think the police just drive around looking for opportunities to shoot people are a little too caught up in video games. Personal responsibilty folks. Its not the dorks fault ur fat, not the pencils fault you misspell words , and not the cops fault someone wants to committ suicide. Its unfortunate that person fid not get the help they needed and chose to involve others in ending their life.
x

South San Francisco, CA

#8 Dec 12, 2012
jennie ruiz wrote:
It just occurred to me, you sound like a law enforcement officer. Maybe one of the ones who murdered my brother. Go figure. Just know this family is going to pursue this till the truth comes out.
And i hope you find what youre looking for.
x

South San Francisco, CA

#9 Dec 12, 2012
jennie ruiz wrote:
It just occurred to me, you sound like a law enforcement officer. Maybe one of the ones who murdered my brother. Go figure. Just know this family is going to pursue this till the truth comes out.
And sorry but no. I have police friends and know what i saw on the news. Trying to put an unbiased point of view forward. I mean no disrespect.
x

South San Francisco, CA

#10 Dec 12, 2012
x wrote:
<quoted text>How would you all like the police to secure a scene that is moving with a man running around a crowded business district and hiding? How would you like them to safely determine he doesnt have a gun when he said he did? Take the emotion out of it and think about your own statements. I know enough to know if you call the police and say ur armed then charge the officers it will end badly.

Its horrible what happened but those out there who think the police just drive around looking for opportunities to shoot people are a little too caught up in video games. Personal responsibilty folks. Its not the dorks fault ur fat, not the pencils fault you misspell words , and not the cops fault someone wants to committ suicide. Its unfortunate that person fid not get the help they needed and chose to involve others in ending their life.
And your making remarks towards officers who were no doubtedly also affected by this...goes both ways dear.
jennie ruiz

Porterville, CA

#11 Dec 12, 2012
as I said before, we do not have to defend our brother or our family to anyone. since you do not know the facts why are you commenting? Your various statements illuminate the fact that you do not know squat regarding what actually happened.
jennie ruiz

Porterville, CA

#12 Dec 12, 2012
I repeat. You do not have all the facts. That Police department has behaved abominably to this family. No one truly wants to believe that police officers would attempt to cover up their misdeeds, however, it happens all over this United States. No one wants to think that officers behave brutally towards citizens. But it happens everyday ,it is in the news everyday. Sadly officers are seldom held accountable in these incidents. No accountability. No consequences. And zero transparency in these and other incidents. You do not have all the facts.
x

South San Francisco, CA

#13 Dec 12, 2012
jennie ruiz wrote:
I repeat. You do not have all the facts. That Police department has behaved abominably to this family. No one truly wants to believe that police officers would attempt to cover up their misdeeds, however, it happens all over this United States. No one wants to think that officers behave brutally towards citizens. But it happens everyday ,it is in the news everyday. Sadly officers are seldom held accountable in these incidents. No accountability. No consequences. And zero transparency in these and other incidents. You do not have all the facts.
Apparently neither do you, by your own admission
jennie ruiz

United States

#14 Dec 12, 2012
You do not have all the Facts. You believe anything that you hear. And i still think you are law enforcement.
x

South San Francisco, CA

#15 Dec 12, 2012
jennie ruiz wrote:
You do not have all the Facts. You believe anything that you hear. And i still think you are law enforcement.
Ok sorry to get u all riled up. But you must see that youre also guilty of being quick to judge when you yourself dont have all the facts. I believe what I heard on the 911 tape the news played. I believe the eyewitness accounts on the news. I believe you deserve answers but also am smart enough to know that when the police kill someone, litigation soon follows in which case the police must protect themselves. It sucks but it is what it is.
Stephanie

Hanford, CA

#16 Dec 12, 2012
I surely hope you dont every go through what this family has gone though. If you want to believe what is said on the media then so be it. We all know people who are law enforcement. They are human just like the rest of us, with that come flaws, mistakes, and sins. So walk around with ur head up you know where. I hope one day you dont trip and find youself in a situation like this.
x

South San Francisco, CA

#17 Dec 12, 2012
Stephanie wrote:
I surely hope you dont every go through what this family has gone though. If you want to believe what is said on the media then so be it. We all know people who are law enforcement. They are human just like the rest of us, with that come flaws, mistakes, and sins. So walk around with ur head up you know where. I hope one day you dont trip and find youself in a situation like this.
Ok, guess its too soon. Good luck to your family. And yes i hope im never involved in a situation like this. My head is firmly on top of my body thank you. Again you ignored my statement, its facts, and skewed it to fit your point of view. Yes the media routinely missreports. i refered to the 911 tape and they eyewitnesses that were interviewed. Surely youre not suggesting they were fabricated?

Id like to point out i didnt insult anyone at anytime and the only venom has come from one side.
Prince of Porterville

Porterville, CA

#18 Dec 12, 2012
x wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, guess its too soon. Good luck to your family. And yes i hope im never involved in a situation like this. My head is firmly on top of my body thank you. Again you ignored my statement, its facts, and skewed it to fit your point of view. Yes the media routinely missreports. i refered to the 911 tape and they eyewitnesses that were interviewed. Surely youre not suggesting they were fabricated?
Id like to point out i didnt insult anyone at anytime and the only venom has come from one side.
Perhaps you didn't insult anyone with typical insults, however, your passive aggressive and insensitive statements and assertions are not only insulting, they are vile and disgusting. The fact that you feel the need to keep responding over and over in this thread intimates that you have some stake here. Whatever your connection is - the truth is the truth, which reminds me of an old saying - "All things done in the dark WILL come into the light eventually". Remember that Charlie meant a lot of things to a lot of people, and no length of time passed will justify disrespecting him and his memory nor does it give anyone any right to disregard his family in any respect. SHAME ON YOU FACELESS 'X'
jennie ruiz

Porterville, CA

#19 Dec 12, 2012
nicely put. the truth will out. What venom are you talking about X? That this family has found the courage to demand an accounting of what happened? We are sorry if you find it offensive that we do not trust people who, from the very start, have lied and obstructed us in our search for closure.
x

Exeter, CA

#20 Dec 13, 2012
jennie ruiz wrote:
nicely put. the truth will out. What venom are you talking about X? That this family has found the courage to demand an accounting of what happened? We are sorry if you find it offensive that we do not trust people who, from the very start, have lied and obstructed us in our search for closure.
So i suppose the prince of Porterville is your given name?@ Jennie, i am not minimizing your loss. I have lost a love one to tragic circumstances as well. My entire point was that blaming the police for a situation that obviously took years to deteriorate is, in my opinion, not the answer. Where were the mental health services that failed him? Yes you should have answers. So i will stop posting out of respect. But you cant air your business on a public forum then get upset when folks respond. Dont want to know the answer? Dont ask the question. Good day and good luck.
jennie ruiz

Porterville, CA

#21 Dec 13, 2012
X is your given name? Well you are entitled to your opinion. The police are not being blamed for my brothers mental and emotional state. They are being held accountable for the way they dealt with the situation. Again X, you do not know the facts. The statement, where are the mental health services that failed him, is insensitive. And we do want answers, hence the questions. you have a good day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sanger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fresno State Professor Randa Jarrar 7 hr Dowser 5
Fresno professor 20 hr Dowser 1
News Outrage as California prof calls Barbara Bush '... Thu Dowser 6
Professor Wed Dowser 1
Poll Police should have a Psych evaluation to determ... (Feb '15) Apr 11 ACLU 93
Jon Paul Guzman Con Man (May '17) Apr 7 Marko 14
Kid Finds Dead Bodies In Fresno Dirt Field (Cop... Apr 4 Kira 7

Sanger Jobs

Personal Finance

Sanger Mortgages