Updates: Reedley police chief placed ...

Updates: Reedley police chief placed on leave

There are 153 comments on the Fresno Bee story from Apr 28, 2011, titled Updates: Reedley police chief placed on leave. In it, Fresno Bee reports that:

Reedley Police Chief Steve Wright has been placed on paid administrative leave pending an investigation, a City Council member said today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fresno Bee.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
christy

Exeter, CA

#1 Apr 29, 2011
I can't even believe this is even on a TOPIX discussion. Steve is by far the sweetest, most honest, humble man I have ever met. If I could have a second father in my life, I would only pray that he be half the man Steve is. Steve, if you ever read these TOPIX discussions, just remember I once gave you a coin with a prayer on it, about a year ago and we all support you in all that you do. hugs
BIG BAD

Visalia, CA

#2 Apr 29, 2011
SO U HAVE TWO DADS!
Hello

Visalia, CA

#3 Apr 30, 2011
He must of really pist someone off. Its sounds like a sure liability as in a lawsuit.

You would think.
Butterfly

United States

#4 Apr 30, 2011
The Chief may be the sweetest man, but that doesn't necessarily mean much..., Following through is the key to being a good manager and when your troops are abusing authority then follow through on complains or be ready to be questioned.
Reedleyman

Sanger, CA

#5 May 4, 2011
He was having a sexual affair with someone within the work place. Just to get that out there. This is the reason for his paid leave.
andsowat

Strathmore, CA

#6 May 5, 2011
Reedleyman wrote:
He was having a sexual affair with someone within the work place. Just to get that out there. This is the reason for his paid leave.
And so what? from what was said at the march 22, council meeting as i understood it so was the city manager he was out f@!*king around in the east side with a mexican chick and using his city car for more than city business if you know what that means. Leave the chief alone he is a good man and he is not married the city manager is and he is on paid leave too isn't he?
ihatepigs

Sanger, CA

#7 May 6, 2011
He is nothing but a worthless piece of shit like all the other cops!!!
IsawItAll

San Diego, CA

#8 May 7, 2011
ihatepigs wrote:
He is nothing but a worthless piece of shit like all the other cops!!!
I don't believe that he is worthless but I do KNOW that there is more to the story than just a mere promiscuity allegation. Everyone knows that you don't get put on leave for an affair. By the way, Wright is a family man with a wife and kids (all grown). His problems stem from the many allegations, rumor and charges brought up by the citizen victims of Reedley. There are several murders over the past few years that are not being investigated or are being MIS-investigated so as to victimize another Reedley family by charging an innocent with the crime in order to cover up the FACT that the Reedley Police Department has chosen sides in there "gang war" and allied themselves with the southern gangs. I am totally against gangs myself and the terrible negative influences they have on OUR children. I have seen this for myself. I know the facts. I have seen their corruption, their evil intent, threats against lawful citizens. I have watched them harass people that are doing nothing wrong. They question and attempt to force people to say that they belong to this gang or that one JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE HISPANIC. Reedley PD looks at all citizens as criminals that have not been caught yet. They are no better or any different than the GESTAPO that persecuted the Jews and their own people 70-80 years ago. Steve wright is just as guilty for allowing this behavior to continue as if he himself were out on the street committing these crimes. This is a personal affront to all of the people of Reedley. And, to top it off, he states emphatically that he is a "christian". This is a shameful allegation as if he were saying that the savior to all people openly approves of his ways. Steve Wright is no more Christian than Bin Laden. The Reedley city government, police department and school district must be investigated and throughly cleaned up of all the corruption, profiling, mismanagement and abuses that have been going on for a long time. If the citizens of Reedley do not take a stand, as ONE PEOPLE, and demand the state and federal agencies to investigate all of these allegations then they deserve what they get because you are inviting it and approving it, INCLUDING MURDER.....
Resident

Firebaugh, CA

#10 May 8, 2011
"Obviously" "many" of you have "never""ever " had to most pleasant opportunity to have met such a wonderful man who takes his job & always have very seriously.I've known Steve personally & very well for almost 30 yrs. He is one of my best friends & has "never""ever "once been inappropriate with me, nor have I "ever" witnessed him on the job having been inappropriate with any other coworker, especially a female one. Steve has always shown the upmost repect to anyone in the community as well as in the workplace. I have personally seen this with my very own eyes. Steve is a good Christian man with wonderful morals,and he's an overall good man who has a heart of gold. He is a man who would do anything within possible his legal limitations, again I've witnessed this many times about him first hand. He has always worked with many people as long as it's something that's in occordnance to the law of both city & state. YOU people who continue to attempt to demean him have nothing better to do than attempt to hard him. And the ignorant person who "claims" Hispanic blah, blah, blah....let me tell you something, I am Hispanice and he has been wonderful, helpful, and continued to remain very good friends with me. He is in no way predjudice and if you had any idea of what you "think" you're talking about, just take a look at how far he went when Javier Behar died in the line of duty and to the degree Steve went to in order to help not only Javier's family but also to but to help the rest of the Agency through it.Many of you people have Steve accused, tried, and condemned without even knowing the real person that Steve truly is. You tell me...How say is that, that you people are so quick to judge with little of no facts and quick to condemn and innocent man. I am so thankful and proud to say that not only do I know Steve, but I cherish him as one of the most decent people I've met in Law Enforcment. I find it unfortunate that so many people without having the least bit of "PERSONAL" knowledge of his depth of compassion not only for his officer in the Department, but as well as the Comminity as Chief of Police.Anyone in Law Enforcement that knows anything about Internal Affairs already knows that "any" form of complaint regardless of what it is, it's policy to open up an Internal Affairs to investigate is.It's always been that way and just because of his status does not eliminate him from that same process that includes a patrol officer. For those who continue adamantly that Steve is NOT a Christian...needs to take a good look inside their own heart and ask "Are "YOU" a Chrtistian and do your actions as a Christian support your behavior"??? I'm sure you can't honely answer that. I know for a fact that Steve is a good Christian man. What Steve does on his own personal time is nobody's business as long as it doesn't interefere with legal matters. Many of you are just out do destroy him and many of you have your facts wrong. I encourage you regardless of your race, employment status, out extraciruculus activities to stand in front of a mirror and declare you are perfect.

If you don't agree with my opinion, that's your opinion and in my mind those who disagree with my opinion because they know no better...well, there opinion doesn't count to me! So for those who are quick to try, judge, and condemn and innocent man, I have to say is "Why don't you wait until you hear the final outcome. He's doing a great job, yet all the rest of you know how to do is sit around a table, like on that show The View...have you coffee and do nothing but bash a good man who has done an oustanding job for the community. I believe the extent in his involvement regarding the Javier Bejar death in the line of duty only speaks a very short part of who Steve Wright really is as both a profesional and a man outside of his job.Leave the guy alone.SHUT UP the flip up until you hear the final outcome?" I'm so proud & fortunate to have Steve as such a personal friend.
Resident

Firebaugh, CA

#11 May 8, 2011
ihatepigs wrote:
He is nothing but a worthless piece of shit like all the other cops!!!
Obviously your poor attitude shows just how ignorant you are. You obviously don't have all of your facts in place. How sad that is for you! I really pity you whether or not you want it.......too late, you've already got it. When you get accurate information as to what the details in question, then you might think twice about embarrassing your stupid self. What a joke you are, buddy!
Resident

Firebaugh, CA

#12 May 8, 2011
IsawItAll wrote:
<quoted text>I don't believe that he is worthless but I do KNOW that there is more to the story than just a mere promiscuity allegation. Everyone knows that you don't get put on leave for an affair. By the way, Wright is a family man with a wife and kids (all grown). His problems stem from the many allegations, rumor and charges brought up by the citizen victims of Reedley. There are several murders over the past few years that are not being investigated or are being MIS-investigated so as to victimize another Reedley family by charging an innocent with the crime in order to cover up the FACT that the Reedley Police Department has chosen sides in there "gang war" and allied themselves with the southern gangs. I am totally against gangs myself and the terrible negative influences they have on OUR children. I have seen this for myself. I know the facts. I have seen their corruption, their evil intent, threats against lawful citizens. I have watched them harass people that are doing nothing wrong. They question and attempt to force people to say that they belong to this gang or that one JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE HISPANIC. Reedley PD looks at all citizens as criminals that have not been caught yet. They are no better or any different than the GESTAPO that persecuted the Jews and their own people 70-80 years ago. Steve wright is just as guilty for allowing this behavior to continue as if he himself were out on the street committing these crimes. This is a personal affront to all of the people of Reedley. And, to top it off, he states emphatically that he is a "christian". This is a shameful allegation as if he were saying that the savior to all people openly approves of his ways. Steve Wright is no more Christian than Bin Laden. The Reedley city government, police department and school district must be investigated and throughly cleaned up of all the corruption, profiling, mismanagement and abuses that have been going on for a long time. If the citizens of Reedley do not take a stand, as ONE PEOPLE, and demand the state and federal agencies to investigate all of these allegations then they deserve what they get because you are inviting it and approving it, INCLUDING MURDER.....
Well, it's nice to know that you are aware that there is more than one side to the story, but obviously you are judging him in which you have NO right to do. By reading this, I would have to say that it is YOU who is no more Christian if even that than Bin Laden, possible an equal if not even worse. I pick up on key words in your post that obviously show your lack of information. Unless you are a part of the Agency, than you really have no right to to throw stones at a man of such great charachter. There is no one Chief, Sheriff, or other higher up can can place a complete stop to ALL coruption. There is only miniman supply of Officers who can do the best they can. Steve and I go way back in the same line of work and have remained very good friends. I'm highly against violence and the safety of our city. Before you judge, maybe you ought to attempt to get to know him on a personal basis before you condemn him to Hell which is really what your entire statement appears to say. I pray for the Leaders of our Country, State, and City..........looks like I will need to add you as well as a couple of others. Your day will come if you ever make it to Heaven. Then......you WILL pay for being so gulluble and judgemental based in sheer gossip against such a wonderful, strong, and determined human being doing all he can to keep his city safe with what City Hall allows him to do. Steve is so underappreciated......but it's only by people who really don't even deserve it. Yet at that, Steve looks at people as a human being and NOT for their past or present crime. Swallow that and choke on it!!
ihatepigs

Sanger, CA

#13 May 10, 2011
Again Steve Wright and all the other cops here in Reedley are nothing but worthless pieces of shit. You people say not to judge but what do these pigs do when they arrest someone and judge them before having their day in court. Robert Macedo, Ray Camacho, Hector Aleman, Janet Priere, Kacey Comstock, Brian Pelayo, Zachery Hild, Joey Garza, Mark Ediger, Tod Lowery and so on are no better than the gang bangers out here.... The whole department sucks, fuck them all!!!!!LMFAO
Resident

Firebaugh, CA

#14 May 11, 2011
christy wrote:
I can't even believe this is even on a TOPIX discussion. Steve is by far the sweetest, most honest, humble man I have ever met. If I could have a second father in my life, I would only pray that he be half the man Steve is. Steve, if you ever read these TOPIX discussions, just remember I once gave you a coin with a prayer on it, about a year ago and we all support you in all that you do. hugs
Amen!!! Thank you so much, Christy! Myself, I couldn't believe it either. There are very few people in this world can that even come close to 1/2 the person with his rare charachter, kindness, and compassion. This is a very "non" judgemental man who also offers honesty and true concern about not just the Agency, but the people of the City of Reedley. I whole heartedly support this man for the person I know.
ihatepigs

Sanger, CA

#17 May 12, 2011
IsawItAll wrote:
<quoted text>I don't believe that he is worthless but I do KNOW that there is more to the story than just a mere promiscuity allegation. Everyone knows that you don't get put on leave for an affair. By the way, Wright is a family man with a wife and kids (all grown). His problems stem from the many allegations, rumor and charges brought up by the citizen victims of Reedley. There are several murders over the past few years that are not being investigated or are being MIS-investigated so as to victimize another Reedley family by charging an innocent with the crime in order to cover up the FACT that the Reedley Police Department has chosen sides in there "gang war" and allied themselves with the southern gangs. I am totally against gangs myself and the terrible negative influences they have on OUR children. I have seen this for myself. I know the facts. I have seen their corruption, their evil intent, threats against lawful citizens. I have watched them harass people that are doing nothing wrong. They question and attempt to force people to say that they belong to this gang or that one JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE HISPANIC. Reedley PD looks at all citizens as criminals that have not been caught yet. They are no better or any different than the GESTAPO that persecuted the Jews and their own people 70-80 years ago. Steve wright is just as guilty for allowing this behavior to continue as if he himself were out on the street committing these crimes. This is a personal affront to all of the people of Reedley. And, to top it off, he states emphatically that he is a "christian". This is a shameful allegation as if he were saying that the savior to all people openly approves of his ways. Steve Wright is no more Christian than Bin Laden. The Reedley city government, police department and school district must be investigated and throughly cleaned up of all the corruption, profiling, mismanagement and abuses that have been going on for a long time. If the citizens of Reedley do not take a stand, as ONE PEOPLE, and demand the state and federal agencies to investigate all of these allegations then they deserve what they get because you are inviting it and approving it, INCLUDING MURDER.....
You made great points but I stand by my comments and the whole department is a bunch of no good bastards!!!
El Residente

Fresno, CA

#18 May 12, 2011
@ihatepigs

With a name like that I strongly doubt it's just Reedley cops you hate. Raped one to many times in prison because a cop arrested you huh?

Please.
Butterfly

United States

#20 May 14, 2011
Actually there is a difference between these cops and these gang-bangers... With the gang-bangers you know what you are getting and while these cops hide behind their badge to do their dirty tricks.... I have witnesses officers lie on the stand, under oath, way too many times. They don't take their job seriously. They abuse their power to pat their stats to show that they are "cleaning" up the streets by profiling... And yes the chief probably didn't do much about addressing the personnel issues, which is what got him where he is now. Yes, he was well aware of the issues, I complained about the profiling myself.
A Sweet Man Who Destroyed

United States

#21 May 19, 2011
andsowat wrote:
<quoted text> And so what? from what was said at the march 22, council meeting as i understood it so was the city manager he was out f@!*king around in the east side with a mexican chick and using his city car for more than city business if you know what that means. Leave the chief alone he is a good man and he is not married the city manager is and he is on paid leave too isn't he?
You say this man is a sweet man but you only know him in the light but know him who he truly is then make your judgment. What do call a man that sleeps around with married women destroys marriages? I used o work with a woman at Reedley college who is having an affair with Steve Wright, and because of this action their marriage is being destroyed. You can prove it yourselves by going to Reedley college and just asking personal about Steve and his affair, Better yet just ask the police officers they know the truth I did and they said Steve Wright he likes to sleep around especially with married woman thatís the reason he has been married 4 times. There are lots of woman out there that are single why a married woman? A women with three kids its an awful feeing to be cheated upon. I went through this when my husband cheated on me. It destroyed my marriage and my kids. Steve Wright you asshole your job states that you need to uphold ethics and morals. What morals do you uphold when you are having sexual encounters with woman and married ones too. Look at the kids of the families that you are breaking up. Some of you call him a Christian, a Christian man does not go and have affairs with woman. Shame on both of you the director at Reedley college both of you having jobs that must hold ethics to communities and families. I used to have respect for that woman at Reedley college but she is the same as Steve Wright. And the person who wrote that Steve Wright is like a second dad how dare you call a man a dad who should be ethical and righteous I know my dad is and I do call him my dad I have only one dad and he is loving and kind and does not go out to have affairs.
Steve Wright you are not a Christian nor are you a good father you were once a good cop but a good cop gone Wrong. From all woman who husbands had affaires Steve you are a piece of Shit!!!!!!!!.
oc resident

Westminster, CA

#22 May 19, 2011
dinuba police
reedley police
orange cove police

i dont know if its true or false i myself have heard alot of bad things in town, first ocpd.. i heard rumors which of course fact or fiction. one lady said she was pulled over and asked why shy had skull covers on her tires. then i heard dinuba police and the city had covered up alot of murders and crimes. and now reedley has done the same and covered crimes. both reedley and dinuba are both covering crimes and be racists with hispanics by blamming the fault and the ones who commited it are out free.. facts or lies only the reedley and dinuba police and dinuba council now, also so far ocpd has it said that they pick on residents too.
If you truly knew him

Kingsburg, CA

#24 May 20, 2011
christy wrote:
I can't even believe this is even on a TOPIX discussion. Steve is by far the sweetest, most honest, humble man I have ever met. If I could have a second father in my life, I would only pray that he be half the man Steve is. Steve, if you ever read these TOPIX discussions, just remember I once gave you a coin with a prayer on it, about a year ago and we all support you in all that you do. hugs
If you only knew the true Steve you won't call him a second father. You would call him a bustard who destroys families. Steve who is known by other police officers as a sexual predator sleeps around with women in town and married ones too. Think about the children do you have children and a family, he doesn't care. He truly needs a lot of prayer and redemption in his life. In his position he should be a role model as you claim but a role model he is not. Steve abuses his position and status. I know of a great officers in town and they are married and severing with justice and respecting not only the community but their families as well. Those are true fathers and mothers who are officers..
Butterfly

United States

#25 May 20, 2011
oc resident wrote:
dinuba police
reedley police
orange cove police
i dont know if its true or false i myself have heard alot of bad things in town, first ocpd.. i heard rumors which of course fact or fiction. one lady said she was pulled over and asked why shy had skull covers on her tires. then i heard dinuba police and the city had covered up alot of murders and crimes. and no reedley has done the same and covered crimes. both reedley and dinuba are both covering crimes and be racists with hispanics by blamming the fault and the ones who commited it are out free.. facts or lies only
the reedley and dinuba police and dinuba
council now, also so far ocpd has it said that
they pick on residents too.
Yeah Dinuba PD, Reedley PD and highway patrols.... They are all the same. They abuse their power, I trust the drug dealer more than I do a cop, at least I know what I am up against with the drug dealer. It's all these crooked cops that cover up their mistakes that have made many of us loose faith in the system. I talked to a Fresno PD that I know well and he said that they lie in the stand so that they don't loose credibility. So they will rather send an innocent person to prison than to admit they screwed up!!!!! Yeah!! I have no faith in our system, it's full of creeps, hiding behind their badge!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sanger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jon Paul Guzman Con Man (May '17) 3 hr Mclean67 15
Fresno professor 7 hr Liberal Pig 2
News Outrage as California prof calls Barbara Bush '... 8 hr Liberal Pig 18
Taps for Nunes 12 hr Old Educator 2
Vision Church Cult 14 hr Robin Sandoval 50
Fresno State Professor Randa Jarrar Apr 20 Dowser 5
Professor Apr 18 Dowser 1

Sanger Jobs

Personal Finance

Sanger Mortgages