Man gets 5 years for drug death

Man gets 5 years for drug death

There are 25 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from May 1, 2007, titled Man gets 5 years for drug death. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Shawn Simmerer, 30, had pleaded no contest in February to delivery of a controlled substance.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mrs Pauzar

Carrollton, TX

#1 May 1, 2007
My son's life was taken away by this horrible person. He was our only child and with his death, we lost not only Chris but future grandchildren as well. We are serving a life sentence of grief and loss . It is disgusting that this criminal will only serve 5 years and since those years are being served concurrent with the other sentence, he in essence gets no additional time to serve. Nothing will bring our beloved son back. But my husband and I had hoped that he would get a long prison sentence to prevent him from hurting others.
A FRIEND OF SHAWNS

Orlando, FL

#2 Jun 12, 2007
Your son was not taken by anyone, he took his own life! It's to bad a innocent person had to take a fall! HOW CAN YOU SLANDER ANYONE? Your son was a drug user and happen to get someone that had nothing to do with him in jail! The family even tried to to get him medical help when the father did not! Did you know that Mrs. Pauzar? You know alot about nothing what your son had done. find the medical report when he died and find out what was in his system, just asked your husband! Oh, and ask the girlfriend!!!
I know the whole story

Apopka, FL

#3 Jan 19, 2008
It's a shame to blame other people when the person was hooked on this horible drug! Especailly if other drugs and alcohol were taken which was found! All of this story is a cover up! The truth will rise in the future and there will be some people that will have to answer to the court system when it does surface! I feel sorry for the people that are involve and if you are reading this, you know who you are! Always remeber, you can run but you can't hide. Someone will always be watching!!!
why

Kissimmee, FL

#4 Jan 19, 2008
Why has this story been pulled?

The link to the story doesnt work.
nate hill

Mobile, AL

#5 May 4, 2008
ALL DRUG DEALERS NEED TO BE LOCKED UP! SO YOU SAY.....
innocent person had to take a fall! HOW CAN YOU SLANDER ANYONE?
he sold drugs.... a well known dealer and a life was lost.
2 wrongs dont make a right, chris is at fault too nobody but him took the drug.
when you sell drugs that are dangerous ,you are taking the chance that one day you may kill someone .... thats the chance they take, and shawn took it and lost, im sure shawn is a nice guy, but you cant sell drugs, dealers are responsible for 1000s of lives each year, if the drugs arnt around and cant be bought on every corner, there would be way less deaths

nate hill
On Target

Clearwater, FL

#6 May 24, 2008
You are exactly right, Nate. You can also say the same for alcohol, though - think about it - look at the innocent lives killed each year by drunk drivers. A lot can be said here on that as well..."Woe unto him that gives his neighbour drink, that puts your bottle to him" (Habakkuk 2:15) and Proverbs 20:1 " Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived by it is not wise."
perry10

Iasi, Romania

#7 May 24, 2008
a Friend

Sanford, FL

#8 May 24, 2008
Sorry, there was no drug dealers! Shawn had a car accident and the doctor prescribed the drug, Oxxy for his back pain! Chris went to his house and stoled his prescription while on several different drugs and alcohol! So you do not know what you are saying! No one is slandering anybody but Mrs. Pauzar. She hates shawn because of what happened to her son but no one is at fault but Chris. He ended his life... I know the whole truth!
Fred Pauzar

Daytona Beach, FL

#9 Dec 18, 2008
A belated response, but a needed one: I am Chris's dad and I did more than try to get him help. I went with him to rehab, and sat with him as he tried to break his addiction to a horrible drug. Shawn is a sociopathic career criminal who entered a plea and accepted a prison sentence - not the act of an innocent person. Disagree with my characterization of Shawn? Sue me. But first look at the facts before defending a sociopathic monster who has GIVEN nothing of value to this world. Read the court records about his criminal life. I'll be waiting.
A FRIEND OF SHAWNS wrote:
Your son was not taken by anyone, he took his own life! It's to bad a innocent person had to take a fall! HOW CAN YOU SLANDER ANYONE? Your son was a drug user and happen to get someone that had nothing to do with him in jail! The family even tried to to get him medical help when the father did not! Did you know that Mrs. Pauzar? You know alot about nothing what your son had done. find the medical report when he died and find out what was in his system, just asked your husband! Oh, and ask the girlfriend!!!
Fred Pauzar

Daytona Beach, FL

#10 Dec 18, 2008
Nate, you're largely correct. But Shawn was anything but a nice guy. From his felony thefts over the course of years to his "con" game against a casino in Mississipi to his theft and sale of electronics to his drug dealing, he was and may always be the worst sort of person. But perhaps the blame needs to be shared by the person or persons who "trained" him during his childhood. In any event, he has been in prison for two separate felonies. And he personally admitted, in front of witnesses including me, giving Chris a lethal injection. Several persons who know him were frightened that they might have to testify against him, but not all were. His attorney knew the facts, and so did Shawn. Not a nice guy. An absolute piece of filth. Chris bears responsibility for thew choices he made, but Shawn the sociopath bears a far greater shadow over him from a consistent pattern of criminal actions about which he and his "friends" are incapable of remorse. You're a good guy Nate, but you missed this one.
nate hill wrote:
ALL DRUG DEALERS NEED TO BE LOCKED UP! SO YOU SAY.....
innocent person had to take a fall! HOW CAN YOU SLANDER ANYONE?
he sold drugs.... a well known dealer and a life was lost.
2 wrongs dont make a right, chris is at fault too nobody but him took the drug.
when you sell drugs that are dangerous ,you are taking the chance that one day you may kill someone .... thats the chance they take, and shawn took it and lost, im sure shawn is a nice guy, but you cant sell drugs, dealers are responsible for 1000s of lives each year, if the drugs arnt around and cant be bought on every corner, there would be way less deaths
nate hill
Fred Pauzar

Daytona Beach, FL

#11 Dec 18, 2008
Would it help you to understand the falsehood of what you believe about Chris by reading the autopsy report? He had the equivalent of one alcoholic beverage indicated in his blood and a "trace" of currently prescribed Xanax, no other drugs with the exception of a lethal dose of OC prepared by Shawn that was 8 times the amount that would cause death. THAT is why your "friend" Shawn is in prison. THAT is why he entered a plea and spent time in prison. Not because of his innocence anymore than he can claim innocence for his other convictions.
a Friend wrote:
Sorry, there was no drug dealers! Shawn had a car accident and the doctor prescribed the drug, Oxxy for his back pain! Chris went to his house and stoled his prescription while on several different drugs and alcohol! So you do not know what you are saying! No one is slandering anybody but Mrs. Pauzar. She hates shawn because of what happened to her son but no one is at fault but Chris. He ended his life... I know the whole truth!
Effie

Hollywood, FL

#12 Jan 8, 2009
What's really sad is that you as a Mother and his own Father wouldn't listen to the advise of this "horrible" person that you claim him to be, when he called to WARN your husband that there was a problem with your son and his HABITUAL and EXTREME drug use! You shouldn't blame people who aren't at fault. Especially when that person is the ONLY friend that had the balls to pick up a phone and try to help the situation and attempt to get your son help! Only GOD knows the truth and no matter what happens, the truth WILL be known. It's also sad that through your family's influence, and a certain U.S. Senator that Mr. Simmerer's life would be threatened! Should anything happen to him, WE ALL KNOW WHERE IT WOULD COME FROM! CNN will know should ANYTHING happen!
Effie

Hollywood, FL

#13 Jan 8, 2009
What you should also be aware of is that the "Nice Guy" Nate that you so call say WAS AND IS the real DRUG Dealer that sold ECSTASY and several other drugs through Chris and provided to Chris any and every drug that he would ever want! It's really sad that you don't know the truth. I hope and pray each and every night that you someday find the truth and know that Shawn DIDN'T provide him with the drug and wasn't a drug dealer. I also obtained a copy of the Autopsy report and it VERY CLEARLY states that Frederick Christopher Pauzar had 8MG of Alprazolam (the equivilent of 4 maximum stength Xanax in his system), 2.5 times the LEGAL limit of alchohol, Darvoset that was admittedly given to Chris by his then GIRLFRIEND Krystal. Maybe you should remember that certain individuals have access to certain information that is PUBLIC RECORD and I thank you for referring me to this bit of information so that I am now better aware of the truth. It's too bad that that the report can't be published as an attachment to this statement! May God show you the truth.
Effie

Hollywood, FL

#14 Jan 8, 2009
"I'll be waiting?" Wow, that sounds like an open threat from such an 'upstanding' politically influental citizen who from the beginning influenced not only Shawn's Federal Trial through a certain U.S. Senator and by contacting several individuals at a certain police department to try and push your weight around to get this charge against Shawn in the first place. What's sad IS the fact that Mr. Simmerer had to take a plea for the SIMPLE fact that in the State of Florida a Schedule II controlled substance should be under lock and key and because it wasn't THAT is the reason Shawn had to take a plea. Through a very good source within the State's Attorney's office I've uncovered the fact that Mr. Simmerer was the ONLY person who constantly pressed to take a voice stress and polygraph and HIS statement according to public record was the ONLY statement that NEVER changed over a 3 year period of time while he fought that TERRIBLE charge! I've also seen your statement and obtained a copy of your deposition from Seminole County Reporters and you very clearly "Added" Xanax to the litany of drugs that you claimed that "Shawn gave him". However you know the truth. I WILL LOOK OUT FOR MY FRIENDS WHEN I KNOW THE TRUTH. A COPY OF ALL WILL NOW BE FORWARDED TO THE F.B.I. just in case something unfortunate should EVER happen to my Friend Shawn! Look in the mirror and you WILL see the SOCIOPATH. Only you can change that image.
Effie

Hollywood, FL

#15 Jan 8, 2009
"A well known dealer and a life was lost?" Are you admitting that Chris was a WELL KNOWN DEALER and that HIS LIFE WAS LOST? Please feel free to contact me so that I can publish your side of the story! I would be happy to take your side of the story and publish it. I've preparred a synopsis and forwarded it to the F.B.I. and would greatly appreciate your imput so that I can amend my report and forward whatever information that you may have to the F.B.I. Please reply when you can.
Effie

Hollywood, FL

#16 Jan 8, 2009
Refer to Story #13 -
Fred Pauzar wrote:
Would it help you to understand the falsehood of what you believe about Chris by reading the autopsy report? He had the equivalent of one alcoholic beverage indicated in his blood and a "trace" of currently prescribed Xanax, no other drugs with the exception of a lethal dose of OC prepared by Shawn that was 8 times the amount that would cause death. THAT is why your "friend" Shawn is in prison. THAT is why he entered a plea and spent time in prison. Not because of his innocence anymore than he can claim innocence for his other convictions. <quoted text>
Effie

Hollywood, FL

#17 Jan 8, 2009
Refer to Story #14.
Fred Pauzar wrote:
A belated response, but a needed one: I am Chris's dad and I did more than try to get him help. I went with him to rehab, and sat with him as he tried to break his addiction to a horrible drug. Shawn is a sociopathic career criminal who entered a plea and accepted a prison sentence - not the act of an innocent person. Disagree with my characterization of Shawn? Sue me. But first look at the facts before defending a sociopathic monster who has GIVEN nothing of value to this world. Read the court records about his criminal life. I'll be waiting. <quoted text>
Shawn Simmerer

United States

#18 Jan 14, 2009
Mr. Pauzar, with all due respect, you know very well that I never told you that "I" gave Chris oxy. You were very upset that night, right along with the rest of us and if you recall, by process of deduction of what should have been in that bottle is how we (the Police and myself) figured out what he (your son and my best friend) had taken. Read all of the reports again from day 1 through the entire process (through depositions)Also it was not 8 times a lethal dose that was in his system, it was I believe 60 mg according to the toxicology report. We both know that what happened is very unfortunate. You lost your Son and I lost my Best Friend. You also know that I contacted you just months prior to ask you to please check him in somewhere because he had a serious problem. I loved and cared tremendously about your son and there isn't a person who truly knows me that would ever say anything different. I forgive you and anyone else who had anything to do with putting me in prison because you're right, I did have a problem with the law (charges having to do with economic crimes - never drugs or violence) and there couldn't have been a better thing that happened to me. I learned lessons about life that can't be bought in any school or college as well as furthered my education. For that I thank you. As for me taking a plea, I had no choice and I'm sure you were very well aware of that. Ignorance of the law is not a defense. I didn't have my medication locked up! My attorney Mr. Francis Blankner as well as the Florida Statutes clearly covered that issue with me and that is the only reason I pled out! I spent 3 of the 5 years did of my sentence in a Maximum Security Jail Pod with nothing but a telephone (no radio, no television, no frills whatsoever) because I refused to give up and chose to fight for the truth. Once the State prosecutors realized the truth, that terrible charge was dismissed and my indictment was amended (in February of 2007) to reflect the new charge. I pray that you can some day come to terms with the truth of what really happened. I can't and won't take blame for something that I truly didn't do. When you see your son again on the other side, you will know that I'm telling the truth, which I believe you already know. As for Nate Hill, I've seen him all of maybe 4 times in the 6 years I knew Chris and he knew nothing of me, although I knew plenty about him and everyone else (because of what Chris used to tell me and things I've heard and seen with my own eyes and ears). In closing let me just say that if I've offended anyone with this posting, I'm truly sorry, however I felt the need to get this off my chest. As well, and this is for everyone, live your own life and I'll do the same. There is no need for threats of violence (through third parties) and although I'd like to just overlook them without any action, I couldn't do that. Too many people and entities are aware, that should anything happen to my person or anyone close to me, they know where to look and have instructions of what to do. Take care everyone, and may God Bless each and everyone of you!-Psalms 23: 1-6-
Fred Pauzar

Daytona Beach, FL

#19 Feb 3, 2009
Shawn, no one has threatened you in my behalf. If I had wanted to threaten you I would have personally visited you in jail. And I do not wish to threaten you or harm you. I know you; I know your whole story. So I won't try to tell you the truth, or rebut your bizarre construction of reality. I am not a psychiatrist or a police officer or a judge, so there is nothing I can or wish to do to change you. But, hopefully no one else will be harmed by you. And, hopefully, you will simply return to the meaningful life that I'm sure you purport to enjoy. You are in a world of delusion. If you or your advocate Effie had ANY decency at all, this thread would not even exist. So, please, go away Shawn. If you need to spin your version of reality, have the decency to do it via email or in a private conversation. Not on a public board.
Shawn Simmerer

West Monroe, LA

#20 Feb 10, 2009
Fred, I know you would have been capable of visiting me personally inside the Jail or Prison and it's good that you didn't. You say that you know me, but I really do believe that if you truly knew me for the person that I am, the heart that I have and what I tried to do to PROTECT your Son, then you wouldn't have said the things that you have said to me that night and about me to other people after that night (i.e. people I know, the State Prosecutor's, etc). None of us wanted anything to happen to Chris and there shouldn't be blame placed on ANYONE. I did nothing but try to help. I know you have trouble believing that, but I also know that one day you'll realize who I am and that I am telling the truth. I know your not a police officer or a judge, but you and I both know that you have several connections to several of those individuals. I'm far from delusional. I'm enlightened. And one day you will be too. Try reading "The Secret" by Rhonda Byron and "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle (as well as some of his other books). If I didn't care Fred, I wouldn't write anything at all on here. I have feelings too. By the way, remember I was in prison and didn't start this "public" board, it was here waiting for me to respond when I got out. So maybe we BOTH should have remained private about this and just let other people say what they wanted to say and left it at that. I will however respect your wishes after this posting and not post again, unless you ask me to. May God be with you through the rest of your journey and show you the real truth along the way. Take care.
Fred Pauzar wrote:
Shawn, no one has threatened you in my behalf. If I had wanted to threaten you I would have personally visited you in jail. And I do not wish to threaten you or harm you. I know you; I know your whole story. So I won't try to tell you the truth, or rebut your bizarre construction of reality. I am not a psychiatrist or a police officer or a judge, so there is nothing I can or wish to do to change you. But, hopefully no one else will be harmed by you. And, hopefully, you will simply return to the meaningful life that I'm sure you purport to enjoy. You are in a world of delusion. If you or your advocate Effie had ANY decency at all, this thread would not even exist. So, please, go away Shawn. If you need to spin your version of reality, have the decency to do it via email or in a private conversation. Not on a public board.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sanford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
My tax money 42 min Regular gal 5
What About Lake Sheriff Borders? (Nov '11) Mon Jeremy 876
who is lauren ritchie? (Sep '15) Mon Jeremy 41
mugshots lake county (Nov '14) Sep 19 lake 5
New Seminole County Arrests & Mugshots (Feb '14) Sep 18 Sammy 3
5th Circuit State Attorney Agenda Exposed By Ma... Sep 18 Jose 3
New Volusia County Arrests (Feb '14) Sep 17 Jimmy 2

Sanford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sanford Mortgages