The Dude

Panama City, FL

#1 Feb 13, 2013
Why ????
thesavagebeast darks

Fayetteville, NY

#2 Feb 17, 2013
ANIMALS
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork)– A Bronx nurse’s aide was arrested recently after she was allegedly caught on video abusing an elderly Alzheimer’s patient.
Sandra Kerr, 55, was charged with three counts of willful violation of the public health law and three counts of endangering the welfare of an incompetent or physically disabled person, Attorney General Eric T. Schneiderman announced Friday.
The victim’s granddaughter, Diana Valentin, became concerned about grandmother Ana Louisa Medina’s care and placed a hidden video camera inside a plant in her room at the Gold Crest Care Center on Bruckner Avenue.
“I put the camera in thinking something was going on. When I actually saw it I was horrified and heartbroken,” Valentin told CBS 2′s Jessica Schneider.“She grabbed my grandmother’s arm, twisted it back, lifted her up and slammed her into the bed.”
Nursing home administrators told Valentin her grandmother was injuring herself, but she said she didn’t believe it.
On Sept. 12, Kerr was caught on video snapping the victim’s arm back, pushing her into the metal railing of her bed and pushing the padding from the resident’s bed down onto her body, Schneiderman said. Two days later, Kerr was seen on video striking the victim twice on her side, Schneiderman said.
“My office has zero tolerance for nursing home aides who abuse, neglect or harm the people in their care,” said Schneiderman.“Medical professionals have a responsibility to properly care for their patients and must be held accountable when they fail to protect our most vulnerable citizens.”
Valentin said she immediately transferred her grandmother to another facility after she got a glimpse of the abuse.
Next HERO
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM)-
Police said an argument between a Columbus couple took a violent turn when a man set his girlfriend on fire.
The victim was caught in this fire long enough to receive second and third-degree burns on her hands and face.
Robert Williams, 35, is in jail, charged with aggravated assault and battery. Police said he poured lighter fluid on his girlfriend Valleri Smith in the bedroom of their Havenbrook Court apartment and then set her on fire Tuesday morning.
Neighbors said after emergency crews arrived, they could tell right away that this was not a normal fire.
"I saw all the fire trucks and stuff. After I found out what happened, I thought, why should it have happened like that when they could have solved it another way?" said Cornell Bryant.
"I feel like, if [she]was going to leave him, he should have just left... I didn't even know they were fighting," said Geayye Geoe.
The blinds in the apartment window are warped and melted, evidencing the amount of heat the fire must have produced.
Smith, 44 was burned so severely, she needed to be treated at a hospital in Atlanta. Her family said she was released from surgery Wednesday afternoon.
She is currently being treated at the burn center in Augusta, GA. Family members are asking the public for prayers as Smith remains in critical condition.
Next ANIMAL HERO
CHICAGO — An 18-year-old Chicago woman was killed the same day her sister had sat on the stage behind President Barack Obama, listening to him push for gun control legislation.
Janay Mcfarlane was shot once in the head around 11:30 p.m. Friday in North Chicago, Lake County Coroner Thomas Rudd told the Chicago Sun-Times (). Mcfarlane, a mother of a 3-month-old boy, was in the Chicago suburb visiting friends and family. http://bit.ly/12Uoh9b
North Chicago police said two people are being questioned in connection with Mcfarlane's death, but no charges have been filed.
"I really feel like somebody cut a part of my heart out," Angela Blakely, Mcfarlane's mother, said.
Blakely said the bullet that killed Mcfarlane was meant for a friend.
FIREBALL

Fayetteville, NY

#4 Feb 17, 2013
HERO
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork)– A Bronx nurse’s aide was arrested recently after she was allegedly caught on video abusing an elderly Alzheimer’s patient.
Sandra Kerr, 55, was charged with three counts of willful violation of the public health law and three counts of endangering the welfare of an incompetent or physically disabled person, Attorney General Eric T. Schneiderman announced Friday.
The victim’s granddaughter, Diana Valentin, became concerned about grandmother Ana Louisa Medina’s care and placed a hidden video camera inside a plant in her room at the Gold Crest Care Center on Bruckner Avenue.
“I put the camera in thinking something was going on. When I actually saw it I was horrified and heartbroken,” Valentin told CBS 2′s Jessica Schneider.“She grabbed my grandmother’s arm, twisted it back, lifted her up and slammed her into the bed.”
Nursing home administrators told Valentin her grandmother was injuring herself, but she said she didn’t believe it.
On Sept. 12, Kerr was caught on video snapping the victim’s arm back, pushing her into the metal railing of her bed and pushing the padding from the resident’s bed down onto her body, Schneiderman said. Two days later, Kerr was seen on video striking the victim twice on her side, Schneiderman said.
“My office has zero tolerance for nursing home aides who abuse, neglect or harm the people in their care,” said Schneiderman.“Medical professionals have a responsibility to properly care for their patients and must be held accountable when they fail to protect our most vulnerable citizens.”
Valentin said she immediately transferred her grandmother to another facility after she got a glimpse of the abuse.

Next HERO
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM)-
Police said an argument between a Columbus couple took a violent turn when a man set his girlfriend on fire.
The victim was caught in this fire long enough to receive second and third-degree burns on her hands and face.
Robert Williams, 35, is in jail, charged with aggravated assault and battery. Police said he poured lighter fluid on his girlfriend Valleri Smith in the bedroom of their Havenbrook Court apartment and then set her on fire Tuesday morning.
Neighbors said after emergency crews arrived, they could tell right away that this was not a normal fire.
"I saw all the fire trucks and stuff. After I found out what happened, I thought, why should it have happened like that when they could have solved it another way?" said Cornell Bryant.
"I feel like, if [she]was going to leave him, he should have just left... I didn't even know they were fighting," said Geayye Geoe.
The blinds in the apartment window are warped and melted, evidencing the amount of heat the fire must have produced.
Smith, 44 was burned so severely, she needed to be treated at a hospital in Atlanta. Her family said she was released from surgery Wednesday afternoon.
She is currently being treated at the burn center in Augusta, GA. Family members are asking the public for prayers as Smith remains in critical condition.

Next HERO
CHICAGO — An 18-year-old Chicago woman was killed the same day her sister had sat on the stage behind President Barack Obama, listening to him push for gun control legislation.
Janay Mcfarlane was shot once in the head around 11:30 p.m. Friday in North Chicago, Lake County Coroner Thomas Rudd told the Chicago Sun-Times (). Mcfarlane, a mother of a 3-month-old boy, was in the Chicago suburb visiting friends and family. http://bit.ly/12Uoh9b
North Chicago police said two people are being questioned in connection with Mcfarlane's death, but no charges have been filed.
"I really feel like somebody cut a part of my heart out," Angela Blakely, Mcfarlane's mother, said.
Blakely said the bullet that killed Mcfarlane was meant for a friend.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sanford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lcso employees arrested 17 hr The Peoples Media 43
What About Lake Sheriff Borders? (Nov '11) 19 hr The Peoples Media 1,114
Albert Rohe (Mar '12) Wed AJ Non hater 38
Election Who do you support for Chief Financial Officer ... (Oct '10) Jan 16 Just a fiar 224
News Deltona dentist arrested after 'tug of war' wit... (May '11) Jan 15 bakerlb57 9
kos media publication Jan 15 The Peoples Media 6
True protest ignorance Jan 15 Jeremy 7

Sanford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sanford Mortgages