A Reverse George Zimmerman?

A Reverse George Zimmerman?

There are 49 comments on the Reason Magazine story from Oct 2, 2013, titled A Reverse George Zimmerman?. In it, Reason Magazine reports that:

A year before George Zimmerman was acquitted in the 2012 killing of Trayvon Martin at a townhouse complex in Sanford, Florida, Marissa Alexander was sentenced to 20 years in prison for firing a shot into the ceiling during a 2010 confrontation with her husband at their home in Jacksonville.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reason Magazine.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Cat74

Barrington, IL

#2 Oct 6, 2013
First of all This woman got into an argument with her husband after she went to his place. She went to her car, got the gun came back, and fired it. It was not in self defense. She had plenty of time to stay in the car, and go home without ever firing a shot. She didn't deserve 20 years in prison, but she was not defending her life.
Huh

Owatonna, MN

#3 Oct 6, 2013
If someone calls my wife nasty vile names and say gross stuff and I push the person away or hit them and then they pull out a gun and kill me.

WAS THAT SELF DEFENSE OR STAND YOUR GROUND ON THAT GROS PERSONS CASE?
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#4 Oct 6, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
She went to her car, got the gun came back, and fired it. It was not in self defense.
Catboy - did you read the article or shoot your mouth off first?

Her husband had a history of domestic violence and she was frightened of him.

At lease this woman did not fire her gun into anybody and nobody was killed. Zimmie should have done the same in his effort of self defense (three last words with eye roll).
Cat74

Barrington, IL

#6 Oct 6, 2013
First, you should never shove, or push someone who is armed unless you are prepared to get shot dead. Stand you ground means if I feel threatened by another person, and I am armed I don't have to run away. I can pull my gun, and shoot the person threatening me. In a county where 49 states have open carry, or conceal carry you would be stupid to challenge another in anger.
Huh

Owatonna, MN

#7 Oct 6, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
First, you should never shove, or push someone who is armed unless you are prepared to get shot dead. Stand you ground means if I feel threatened by another person, and I am armed I don't have to run away. I can pull my gun, and shoot the person threatening me. In a county where 49 states have open carry, or conceal carry you would be stupid to challenge another in anger.
So I cant defend myself unless I have a gun???????? I know many gun owners are wimpy little punks and need a gun or they would get ass kicked a lot.
Just wondering if you think only a gun carrying person can defend themselves,.
Cat74

Barrington, IL

#8 Oct 6, 2013
You want to defend yourself by shoving a guy with a gun? Is your insurance paid up? I think a person who has a gun really doesn't have to worry about being shoved by some nut with a death wish.
Huh

Owatonna, MN

#9 Oct 6, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
You want to defend yourself by shoving a guy with a gun? Is your insurance paid up? I think a person who has a gun really doesn't have to worry about being shoved by some nut with a death wish.
You missed the point didn't you.

How about I just shoot the guy with the gun with my gun....

But again since he has a gun I have to let him do whatever he wants huh?? So only he can defend himself and those without guns just have to take crap from these gun toting idiot murderers.

I notice most people who are big time gun nutters are weak wimpy punks...Not man or women enough to protect themselves without a gun..OH BIG TOUGH PERSON.

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#10 Oct 6, 2013
No Skittles, case Closed,...
Antadream

Voorhees, NJ

#11 Oct 6, 2013
george zimmerman is of black Ancestry as well there are only a small percentage of whites who have that..

there is no reverse George zimmerman..

if he didn't do the trayvon thing.. the whole black community would worship the guy..
Cordwainer Trout

Elizabethtown, KY

#12 Oct 6, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
So I cant defend myself unless I have a gun???????? I know many gun owners are wimpy little punks and need a gun or they would get ass kicked a lot.
Just wondering if you think only a gun carrying person can defend themselves,.
Only idiots think a question like that makes sense, or is related to anything anyone other than other idiots ever says.
Huh

Owatonna, MN

#13 Oct 6, 2013
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
<quoted text>
Only idiots think a question like that makes sense, or is related to anything anyone other than other idiots ever says.
Makes perfect sense. But you know that just don't want to answer it because it shows you for what you are.
Cordwainer Trout

Elizabethtown, KY

#14 Oct 6, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Makes perfect sense. But you know that just don't want to answer it because it shows you for what you are.
OK, let's see if this works...

Yes, you can defend yourself if you don't have a gun.
Huh

Owatonna, MN

#15 Oct 6, 2013
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, let's see if this works...
Yes, you can defend yourself if you don't have a gun.
Ok good...Then when Trayvon defended himself why did Zimmerman murder him.
Cordwainer Trout

Elizabethtown, KY

#16 Oct 6, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok good...Then when Trayvon defended himself why did Zimmerman murder him.
Trayvon was home, doubled back to attack Zimmerman and was on top pummeling Zimmerman's head into a sidewalk, when shot for his drug induced viciousness. You don't have to double back across a housing development to defend yourself.
Huh

Owatonna, MN

#17 Oct 6, 2013
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
<quoted text>
Trayvon was home, doubled back to attack Zimmerman and was on top pummeling Zimmerman's head into a sidewalk, when shot for his drug induced viciousness. You don't have to double back across a housing development to defend yourself.
Ok so believe the lies then. I know Trayvon was murdered for nothing more then defending himself.

Location Shown

#18 Oct 6, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok so believe the lies then. I know Trayvon was murdered for nothing more then defending himself.

Why Didn't the DA call you to the Stand, or is it the Don't Snitch in you that kept you from coming forward,...

You Know , You Know , YoU KnOw , I don't Think So,...
Cordwainer Trout

Elizabethtown, KY

#19 Oct 6, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
The person talking to him on the phone confirmed that he doubled back after arriving at his home. Blacks are committing violent rapes, murders and race crimes at a rate of 50 to 1 compared to others. This seems to suggest that Blacks have been let off easy for their crimes and the race hasn't learned how to live in a civilized country. Dreaming they are all out their defending themselves from seventy and eighty year old women and rape them in self defense is a stupid way of looking at things.
Anmany

Voorhees, NJ

#20 Oct 6, 2013
the dumbest thing About it is that the white people who told zimmerman to stay in the car Are less black than zimmerman himself..
Anmany

Voorhees, NJ

#21 Oct 6, 2013
so like 80 percent of blacks Are still not even criminals..

Location Shown

#22 Oct 7, 2013
Show me where someone said stay in the car,

the dispatcher said, "We don't need you to do that." Zimmerman responded, "Okay."
Anmany wrote:
the dumbest thing About it is that the white people who told zimmerman to stay in the car Are less black than zimmerman himself..

More bLack hearing problems, like making crap up,...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sanford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What About Lake Sheriff Borders? (Nov '11) Sun Jeremy 756
News Halifax Health moves forward on Deltona 'medica... Sun bel26en 1
News Prosecutor charges man who shot at George Zimme... (Jun '15) Sat Melanie 2
Man falsely accused of stalking a deputy's wife Feb 5 Justthefacts 1
Jimmy schafer (Jan '15) Feb 4 crabass 2
stone in border's boot Feb 2 beekeepeer 3
News Osteen man tells 9-1-1 he thought he saw deer w... Jan 31 James Fred 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sanford Mortgages