Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

Mar 22, 2012 Full story: Wall Street Journal 66,343

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Full Story
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#74726 Sep 11, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that guns make people violent?
No dear, but guns are easy to use to solve problems where a little common sense, a little adult thinking, a little rational and reasoned words may be the answer other than blasting people to smithereens.

Our country is violent and guns make it easier, more efficient and more deadly than for those paranoid folks using - say a pair of scissors or a baseball bat - to act out their violence.

Next ....
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#74727 Sep 11, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text> You yourself identify the problem in your very short concise paragraph on the subject. I have and continue to admit America has a huge growing problem. In your paragraph you correctly stressed it to the limit using the very word that describes the problem not once not twice but 10 times. The problem is BLACK! PERIOD! To continue avoiding the root of the problem and refusing to be honest enough to admit that there is no solution. But don't worry the solution is near. The bank is broke. As soon as this trickles down to the lower levels of society and the welfare, freebies, and subsidies get cutoff the solution will be forced. As starvation and social turmoil ensue Ill be there laughing. Actually cant wait to see it hahaha. Blacks without the govt tit. No education. No job skills. No work experience. No savings. 0 chance for survival. Instant revenge for Whitey. Hahaha.
Oh poppycock.

You identify a symptom and think it the cause. You could make a fortune as a doctor these days with that attitude and approach to problem solving.
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#74728 Sep 11, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you support capital punishment?
No.

I also don't believe problems can be solved with guns - whether it be some wannabe cop trolling the neighborhood and killing a seventeen year old or those folks (IN OUR COUNTRY) who live in fear because of guns in their neighborhoods, their schools, their movie houses, and their streets.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#74729 Sep 11, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok lets say your leis are true...Then how do we fix crime and gang activity....?
This should be good.
I do not know.
That is why I keep looking for someone with a black background for insight into the psychi of the inner city black youth.
Surely you are intelligent enough to see why that would be a good place to start asking the important questions.
You claim black ancestry right? Well?

I ask you for constructive input to help solve the problems. You call me a racist for even asking.

How about addressing the issue head on from your perspective?
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#74730 Sep 11, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
I am saying we must help them they are poor and have no positive job future. Your idea of hanging them or shooting blacks is not an answer hitler.
You are mistaken. Grandpa's posts are missing what you claim. That "idea" came from other posters.

Close your offensive stereotypical eye and open the other one.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#74731 Sep 11, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
No dear, but guns are easy to use to solve problems where a little common sense, a little adult thinking, a little rational and reasoned words may be the answer other than blasting people to smithereens.
Our country is violent and guns make it easier, more efficient and more deadly than for those paranoid folks using - say a pair of scissors or a baseball bat - to act out their violence.
Next ....
The whole world is violent. The whole world has guns. ALL "rebel" forces in the entire world have guns.

"but guns are easy to use to solve problems "

What? Using a gun easily solves problems?

Oh for crying out loud.
Huh

Owatonna, MN

#74732 Sep 11, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not know.
That is why I keep looking for someone with a black background for insight into the psychi of the inner city black youth.
Surely you are intelligent enough to see why that would be a good place to start asking the important questions.
You claim black ancestry right? Well?
I ask you for constructive input to help solve the problems. You call me a racist for even asking.
How about addressing the issue head on from your perspective?
See you go right to...THE BLACKS NEED TO DO THIS OR THAT. You have made this about race. YOU SAY BLACKS ARE TO BLAME...AND THAT ONLY BLACKS CAN FIX IT......THAT IS RACIST IDIOT........

The only way is for the greedy evil rich and big greedy companies to bring back the out sourced jobs from COMMIE CHINA THUG INDIA AND CARTEL MEXICO AND CREATE GOOD PAYING JOBS HERE....Also we must double if not triple what we spend on education and community rebuild projects. To get that money we must cut 45% from military and FBI CIA DEA FCC AND PRISON SYSTEM. If still not enough the rich who make 98% of all incomes should fork out more tax money. Now yes once we do this then black people and all poor people must work. If they don't then they are the problem. But until they have what they need to get out of poverty and gangs they cant and wont.
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#74733 Sep 11, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Next ....
If somebody ever breaks into your home, and I hope it never happens, good luck using words to save yourself, and your family. Common sense, a little adult thinking, and rationallity only works when both parties have that mindset. Criminals aren't looking for an educated discussion, they are looking for money, drugs and valuables. Don't count on them leaving witnesses.

You protect your family with words and I'll protect mine with my gun. But, only inside my house, I don't carry one. YET.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#74734 Sep 11, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
I also don't believe problems can be solved with guns - whether it be some wannabe cop trolling the neighborhood and killing a seventeen year old or those folks (IN OUR COUNTRY) who live in fear because of guns in their neighborhoods, their schools, their movie houses, and their streets.
Do you believe that when a person, any person, murders another human being, is convicted of their crime(s) and sentenced, they are to be forgiven for their crime, and should become the burden of taxpayers to feed, house, and clothe them for the rest of their natural lives?

What is your reasoned argument to place the burden of supporting convicted murderers and killers for the rest of their natural lives, upon the taxpayers who suffered the crimes in the first place?
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#74735 Sep 11, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
See you go right to...THE BLACKS NEED TO DO THIS OR THAT. You have made this about race. YOU SAY BLACKS ARE TO BLAME...AND THAT ONLY BLACKS CAN FIX IT......THAT IS RACIST IDIOT........
uuuummmmm no.
What I went to, was asking for insight from blacks so we ALL can come together to solve what plagues our youth.
I said nothing of the sort that you charge there. I did not say that blacks have to solve it themselves ... YOU did.

I simply asked for input from you and again get called a racist for even asking you to help solve the problems.

ALL I said that blacks "need" to do is begin the honest conversation by giving their perspective of the problems.
You say I am being racist because I simply asked a question.
Maybe you do not understand the question?
Maybe you do not like the question?
Maybe you do not want to look at that question?
Why?
Grandpa Joe

Harrodsburg, KY

#74736 Sep 11, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok lets say your leis are true...Then how do we fix crime and gang activity....?
This should be good.
We start by accepting the truth, and that is all of us. The people who can be the most effective are responsible black men. The most productive way would be to help a Kid, one at a time. Parents should teach responsibility. Black folk can encourage any and all methods of curbing crime in their neighborhoods, and that includes stop and frisk. Black folk can turn their anger about racial profiling toward those that cause it, the black criminal.

Above all, black young people should be encouraged to believe that success is possible, but it will come to those who are educated and motivated.

An example: Holder is suing the state of Louisiana over school vouchers. Vouchers in that state are being used by black parents who wish to get their children out of failing schools. It is working for those kids. Let Obama know that vouchers are good for inner city kids whose parents want more for their children. Tell him that playing politics and sucking up to the teacher's union is hurting black kids, and if vouchers continue to be ignored, vote for a candidate who is not a Democrat.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#74737 Sep 11, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
....Also we must double if not triple what we spend on education and community rebuild projects. To get that money we must cut 45% from military and FBI CIA DEA FCC AND PRISON SYSTEM. If still not enough the rich who make 98% of all incomes should fork out more tax money. Now yes once we do this then black people and all poor people must work. If they don't then they are the problem. But until they have what they need to get out of poverty and gangs they cant and wont.
How about we look to the ingenuity of the private sector and grow the economy? The orivate sector is the ONLY place that wealth comes from.
Why look to the government to throw money at the situation? The government gets that money from ONLY the private sector.

You say that giving a person everything they need to live ... first ... will entice them to get a job.
That smacks of lunacy. It is utterly ridiculous.
Playing pattycake with people, and giving them stuff, does not elevate them. It patterns them into unacceptable behaviors that are a drain on others and their pocketbooks.

You can not elevate a person, any person, by pulling someone else down either. That too smacks of lunacy.
Huh

Owatonna, MN

#74738 Sep 11, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
uuuummmmm no.
What I went to, was asking for insight from blacks so we ALL can come together to solve what plagues our youth.
I said nothing of the sort that you charge there. I did not say that blacks have to solve it themselves ... YOU did.
I simply asked for input from you and again get called a racist for even asking you to help solve the problems.
ALL I said that blacks "need" to do is begin the honest conversation by giving their perspective of the problems.
You say I am being racist because I simply asked a question.
Maybe you do not understand the question?
Maybe you do not like the question?
Maybe you do not want to look at that question?
Why?
I am not black so don't have "black view"....But I will say it not in racist tone like you and lets ask all poor people what they need. Since it is an income poverty issue not race.

There perspective has already been told...WE NEED GOOD JOBS AND CLEAN SAFE PLACE TO LIVE.......

Black people need what all poverty people need...GOOD PAYING JOBS AND CLEAN SAFE PLACE TO LIVE..........Simple huh?
Huh

Owatonna, MN

#74739 Sep 11, 2013
Grandpa Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
We start by accepting the truth, and that is all of us. The people who can be the most effective are responsible black men. The most productive way would be to help a Kid, one at a time. Parents should teach responsibility. Black folk can encourage any and all methods of curbing crime in their neighborhoods, and that includes stop and frisk. Black folk can turn their anger about racial profiling toward those that cause it, the black criminal.
Above all, black young people should be encouraged to believe that success is possible, but it will come to those who are educated and motivated.
An example: Holder is suing the state of Louisiana over school vouchers. Vouchers in that state are being used by black parents who wish to get their children out of failing schools. It is working for those kids. Let Obama know that vouchers are good for inner city kids whose parents want more for their children. Tell him that playing politics and sucking up to the teacher's union is hurting black kids, and if vouchers continue to be ignored, vote for a candidate who is not a Democrat.
You can do all you said...but UNTIL THEY HAVE JOBS AND ARE NOT IN POVERTY IT WONT HELP..........THE ISSUE IS POVERTY NOT WHAT RACE OR COLOR THEY ARE. People need good paying jobs and benefits.......You can give every black person a good education teach them all tot urn from crime and they will still go back to crime because there is no jobs and no other way to live........WHY CNAT YOU GET THIS.
Huh

Owatonna, MN

#74740 Sep 11, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
How about we look to the ingenuity of the private sector and grow the economy? The orivate sector is the ONLY place that wealth comes from.
Why look to the government to throw money at the situation? The government gets that money from ONLY the private sector.
You say that giving a person everything they need to live ... first ... will entice them to get a job.
That smacks of lunacy. It is utterly ridiculous.
Playing pattycake with people, and giving them stuff, does not elevate them. It patterns them into unacceptable behaviors that are a drain on others and their pocketbooks.
You can not elevate a person, any person, by pulling someone else down either. That too smacks of lunacy.
I said the greedy rich need to bring back jobs from commie china and thug india and cartel mexico....Yes private sector who trashed this nation needs to rebuild it.

I did not say give them anything but a good paying job.....WHAT PART OF CAPITALISM RETURNING TO USA AND CREATING JOBS DONT YOU GET/// We are stuck in plutocracy and big corp nation now..We need REAL capitalism to return and create jobs...

Or keep seeing more on welfare and more crime....THE RICH CONTROL THE NEXT STEP..
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#74741 Sep 11, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not black so don't have "black view"....But I will say it not in racist tone like you and lets ask all poor people what they need. Since it is an income poverty issue not race.
There perspective has already been told...WE NEED GOOD JOBS AND CLEAN SAFE PLACE TO LIVE.......
Black people need what all poverty people need...GOOD PAYING JOBS AND CLEAN SAFE PLACE TO LIVE..........Simple huh?
The onus of getting ahead is on the individual, no matter the color of their skin.

Racist tone? Surely you jest.

You have jumped topic with your jobs and housing deflection. The projects were a dismal failure. A clean safe place to live is also on the individual. I have seen mud huts and makeshift tents with dirt floors that are spotless.
Look what happened to the Super Dome during Katrina. People just sat there and crapped in the seats, and whined for someone else to do something.

Part of the "problem" is a problem of attitude and perspective. It is quite evident in your post and other posts. You ask for someone else to do something FIRST, and imply that there is nothing an individual can do to help themselves.
You implore others to do something about it before the ones in poverty can do anything to better their own plight.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#74742 Sep 11, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
You can do all you said...but UNTIL THEY HAVE JOBS AND ARE NOT IN POVERTY IT WONT HELP..........THE ISSUE IS POVERTY NOT WHAT RACE OR COLOR THEY ARE. People need good paying jobs and benefits.......You can give every black person a good education teach them all tot urn from crime and they will still go back to crime because there is no jobs and no other way to live........WHY CNAT YOU GET THIS.
We "get" it.
Why are you incapable of getting what we are saying?
Why can't you break the cycle?

There are signs in McDonalds windows all over this country for help wanted. What's the problem with accepting one of those jobs?
There are hotels and motels all over this country with ads in the paper for help wanted. Why are they left unfilled?
There are vegetable and fruit crops decaying in the fields because of a lack of help picking them. Why are those jobs going unfilled?

The effort and will to change one's position comes before the house and the job Mr. Huh. The jobs are there. The homes are there. It is a buyer's market right now.
Huh

Owatonna, MN

#74743 Sep 11, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
The onus of getting ahead is on the individual, no matter the color of their skin.
Racist tone? Surely you jest.
You have jumped topic with your jobs and housing deflection. The projects were a dismal failure. A clean safe place to live is also on the individual. I have seen mud huts and makeshift tents with dirt floors that are spotless.
Look what happened to the Super Dome during Katrina. People just sat there and crapped in the seats, and whined for someone else to do something.
Part of the "problem" is a problem of attitude and perspective. It is quite evident in your post and other posts. You ask for someone else to do something FIRST, and imply that there is nothing an individual can do to help themselves.
You implore others to do something about it before the ones in poverty can do anything to better their own plight.
So we should ignore it cut them off welfare and food stamps and watch the USA implode into massive violence and civil war??

What do you think we should do...You say we have a problem and to just say the blacks must fix it is stupid. How can they fix it...
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#74744 Sep 11, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
I said the greedy rich need to bring back jobs from commie china and thug india and cartel mexico....Yes private sector who trashed this nation needs to rebuild it.
I did not say give them anything but a good paying job.....WHAT PART OF CAPITALISM RETURNING TO USA AND CREATING JOBS DONT YOU GET/// We are stuck in plutocracy and big corp nation now..We need REAL capitalism to return and create jobs...
Or keep seeing more on welfare and more crime....THE RICH CONTROL THE NEXT STEP..
And this "real capitalism" of wchich you speak will return how?
What caused it to decay?
What needs to be done to correct the direction ?

Why blame corporate America for trying to remain as profitable capitalism entities, when they were forced out by intentional legislation?

You spout off with disconnect in your words. You blame private companies when they wished to remain profitable, and ignore why they left in the first place. They have your head and attention turned where the progressives want it.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#74745 Sep 11, 2013
Patriot wrote:
Please excuse me for laughing ahead of time!
You must have a funny poopchute.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sanford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scout & Molly's is coming in the spring Tue jeffry 1
Couples needing privacy Jan 26 Fwb 2
What About Lake Sheriff Borders? (Nov '11) Jan 26 yep2015 637
Clinix World Jan 26 galy smith 1
Review: Vapor And Co (Oct '13) Jan 18 Consumer M 3
Kidnap accusation against homeless man under re... (Jan '09) Jan 16 Understand123 9
Lake Mary Church and Sex Offender warning Jan 16 floridasky1991 1
Sanford Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Sanford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:10 pm PST

NBC Sports10:10PM
Jerramy Stevens arrested on suspicion of DUI