Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

Mar 22, 2012 Full story: Wall Street Journal 66,183

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Full Story
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#74717 Sep 11, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text> So get off the poverty bandwagon.
Poverty is an issue for some of this crime but what do you think the "excuse" is for those middle class white guys like James Holmes or Charles Whitman who shoot up schools and movie houses?
Grandpa Joe

Harrodsburg, KY

#74718 Sep 11, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text> Funny the way he asks you if you want to help fight RAP music etc. Of course I do but its hard to when the President invites the rap artists to the WH and dances and parties with them all night promoting the lifestyle. Its a cancer and its in their blood to be like that. What more proof do you need?
I really cannot understand the allure that rap music has for people. Much of it is filled with the N word, and other vulgar terms as well as praise for gangs, drugs and violence. Why would parents allow their kids to listen to and be influenced by this vile language? I really have a hard time with the N word.

I suppose that Obama is first a politician. Cozying up to rappers I suppose gains him votes. At the University of Kentucky we have a coach who is he king of basketball recruiters. He cuddles up to rappers, goes to their concerts, and has them sitting court side at basketball games. He ignores the danger that this does to young people who idolize both him and the players that he is recruiting. I suppose that being "down" with rappers will impress the young black men that he recruits. Looks like prostitution to me.
Patriot

Oaxaca, Mexico

#74719 Sep 11, 2013
Grandpa Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
We old geezers know what it was like back before Martin Luther King gave his speech. We have watched the doors open for black people. We know successful black people. We see the browning of the U.S. culture. We know that if motivated and educated black people can succeed in this country.
You are stuck in the past. I mentioned Rap and the danger that it does to both black and white youth. You are silent on black kids being raised in single women homes on welfare. You are silent about the danger to black folk of black gangs. You are silent about young blacks in our cities having to go to poor schools or even worse not being interested in education. You are silent on black on black crime. In short you deny.
Put your hate aside and help one black youth.
You yourself identify the problem in your very short concise paragraph on the subject. I have and continue to admit America has a huge growing problem. In your paragraph you correctly stressed it to the limit using the very word that describes the problem not once not twice but 10 times. The problem is BLACK! PERIOD! To continue avoiding the root of the problem and refusing to be honest enough to admit that there is no solution. But don't worry the solution is near. The bank is broke. As soon as this trickles down to the lower levels of society and the welfare, freebies, and subsidies get cutoff the solution will be forced. As starvation and social turmoil ensue Ill be there laughing. Actually cant wait to see it hahaha. Blacks without the govt tit. No education. No job skills. No work experience. No savings. 0 chance for survival. Instant revenge for Whitey. Hahaha.
Patriot

Oaxaca, Mexico

#74720 Sep 11, 2013
Please excuse me for laughing ahead of time!
Huh

Owatonna, MN

#74721 Sep 11, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
We threw money at that "problem" ... BILLIONS of dollars of it.
Made it worse, not better. Look at the numbers and see for yourself.
Money will not solve this. It has compounded it.
You are simply incorrect.
Look at all the high corporate crime. They are rich, and you had better believe there are "gangs" in the corporate world too. Lack of money is not the problem.
Try again. Your horse is dead. Remount.
Ok lets say your leis are true...Then how do we fix crime and gang activity....?

This should be good.
Huh

Owatonna, MN

#74722 Sep 11, 2013
Grandpa Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
We old geezers know what it was like back before Martin Luther King gave his speech. We have watched the doors open for black people. We know successful black people. We see the browning of the U.S. culture. We know that if motivated and educated black people can succeed in this country.
You are stuck in the past. I mentioned Rap and the danger that it does to both black and white youth. You are silent on black kids being raised in single women homes on welfare. You are silent about the danger to black folk of black gangs. You are silent about young blacks in our cities having to go to poor schools or even worse not being interested in education. You are silent on black on black crime. In short you deny.
Put your hate aside and help one black youth.
I am saying we must help them they are poor and have no positive job future. Your idea of hanging them or shooting blacks is not an answer hitler.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#74723 Sep 11, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear, guns are part of the human behavior.
As are some of the hatefilled racist comments from folks like you who box folks into colors.
Much easier to do but ignorant.
"guns are part of the human behavior."

Now I am going to ask you a question about what you just wrote. It will not be a statement. It is a question for you to address as your words are confusing.

Are you saying that guns make people violent?
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#74724 Sep 11, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Poverty is an issue for some of this crime but what do you think the "excuse" is for those middle class white guys like James Holmes or Charles Whitman who shoot up schools and movie houses?
There is no excuse for their behavior. They commited horrible crimes on innocent people. They should both forfeit their own lives for what they did.

Now, that being said, you at least touched on one of the problems that perpetuates the bloodletting ... recidivism in our penal system.

Do you support capital punishment?
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#74725 Sep 11, 2013
Grandpa Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
I really cannot understand the allure that rap music has for people. Much of it is filled with the N word, and other vulgar terms as well as praise for gangs, drugs and violence. Why would parents allow their kids to listen to and be influenced by this vile language? I really have a hard time with the N word.
I suppose that Obama is first a politician. Cozying up to rappers I suppose gains him votes. At the University of Kentucky we have a coach who is he king of basketball recruiters. He cuddles up to rappers, goes to their concerts, and has them sitting court side at basketball games. He ignores the danger that this does to young people who idolize both him and the players that he is recruiting. I suppose that being "down" with rappers will impress the young black men that he recruits. Looks like prostitution to me.
No offense to any Wildcat fans, but that is one big reason I am a Rick Patino fan.
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#74726 Sep 11, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that guns make people violent?
No dear, but guns are easy to use to solve problems where a little common sense, a little adult thinking, a little rational and reasoned words may be the answer other than blasting people to smithereens.

Our country is violent and guns make it easier, more efficient and more deadly than for those paranoid folks using - say a pair of scissors or a baseball bat - to act out their violence.

Next ....
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#74727 Sep 11, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text> You yourself identify the problem in your very short concise paragraph on the subject. I have and continue to admit America has a huge growing problem. In your paragraph you correctly stressed it to the limit using the very word that describes the problem not once not twice but 10 times. The problem is BLACK! PERIOD! To continue avoiding the root of the problem and refusing to be honest enough to admit that there is no solution. But don't worry the solution is near. The bank is broke. As soon as this trickles down to the lower levels of society and the welfare, freebies, and subsidies get cutoff the solution will be forced. As starvation and social turmoil ensue Ill be there laughing. Actually cant wait to see it hahaha. Blacks without the govt tit. No education. No job skills. No work experience. No savings. 0 chance for survival. Instant revenge for Whitey. Hahaha.
Oh poppycock.

You identify a symptom and think it the cause. You could make a fortune as a doctor these days with that attitude and approach to problem solving.
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#74728 Sep 11, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you support capital punishment?
No.

I also don't believe problems can be solved with guns - whether it be some wannabe cop trolling the neighborhood and killing a seventeen year old or those folks (IN OUR COUNTRY) who live in fear because of guns in their neighborhoods, their schools, their movie houses, and their streets.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#74729 Sep 11, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok lets say your leis are true...Then how do we fix crime and gang activity....?
This should be good.
I do not know.
That is why I keep looking for someone with a black background for insight into the psychi of the inner city black youth.
Surely you are intelligent enough to see why that would be a good place to start asking the important questions.
You claim black ancestry right? Well?

I ask you for constructive input to help solve the problems. You call me a racist for even asking.

How about addressing the issue head on from your perspective?
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#74730 Sep 11, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
I am saying we must help them they are poor and have no positive job future. Your idea of hanging them or shooting blacks is not an answer hitler.
You are mistaken. Grandpa's posts are missing what you claim. That "idea" came from other posters.

Close your offensive stereotypical eye and open the other one.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#74731 Sep 11, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
No dear, but guns are easy to use to solve problems where a little common sense, a little adult thinking, a little rational and reasoned words may be the answer other than blasting people to smithereens.
Our country is violent and guns make it easier, more efficient and more deadly than for those paranoid folks using - say a pair of scissors or a baseball bat - to act out their violence.
Next ....
The whole world is violent. The whole world has guns. ALL "rebel" forces in the entire world have guns.

"but guns are easy to use to solve problems "

What? Using a gun easily solves problems?

Oh for crying out loud.
Huh

Owatonna, MN

#74732 Sep 11, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not know.
That is why I keep looking for someone with a black background for insight into the psychi of the inner city black youth.
Surely you are intelligent enough to see why that would be a good place to start asking the important questions.
You claim black ancestry right? Well?
I ask you for constructive input to help solve the problems. You call me a racist for even asking.
How about addressing the issue head on from your perspective?
See you go right to...THE BLACKS NEED TO DO THIS OR THAT. You have made this about race. YOU SAY BLACKS ARE TO BLAME...AND THAT ONLY BLACKS CAN FIX IT......THAT IS RACIST IDIOT........

The only way is for the greedy evil rich and big greedy companies to bring back the out sourced jobs from COMMIE CHINA THUG INDIA AND CARTEL MEXICO AND CREATE GOOD PAYING JOBS HERE....Also we must double if not triple what we spend on education and community rebuild projects. To get that money we must cut 45% from military and FBI CIA DEA FCC AND PRISON SYSTEM. If still not enough the rich who make 98% of all incomes should fork out more tax money. Now yes once we do this then black people and all poor people must work. If they don't then they are the problem. But until they have what they need to get out of poverty and gangs they cant and wont.
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#74733 Sep 11, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Next ....
If somebody ever breaks into your home, and I hope it never happens, good luck using words to save yourself, and your family. Common sense, a little adult thinking, and rationallity only works when both parties have that mindset. Criminals aren't looking for an educated discussion, they are looking for money, drugs and valuables. Don't count on them leaving witnesses.

You protect your family with words and I'll protect mine with my gun. But, only inside my house, I don't carry one. YET.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#74734 Sep 11, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
I also don't believe problems can be solved with guns - whether it be some wannabe cop trolling the neighborhood and killing a seventeen year old or those folks (IN OUR COUNTRY) who live in fear because of guns in their neighborhoods, their schools, their movie houses, and their streets.
Do you believe that when a person, any person, murders another human being, is convicted of their crime(s) and sentenced, they are to be forgiven for their crime, and should become the burden of taxpayers to feed, house, and clothe them for the rest of their natural lives?

What is your reasoned argument to place the burden of supporting convicted murderers and killers for the rest of their natural lives, upon the taxpayers who suffered the crimes in the first place?
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#74735 Sep 11, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
See you go right to...THE BLACKS NEED TO DO THIS OR THAT. You have made this about race. YOU SAY BLACKS ARE TO BLAME...AND THAT ONLY BLACKS CAN FIX IT......THAT IS RACIST IDIOT........
uuuummmmm no.
What I went to, was asking for insight from blacks so we ALL can come together to solve what plagues our youth.
I said nothing of the sort that you charge there. I did not say that blacks have to solve it themselves ... YOU did.

I simply asked for input from you and again get called a racist for even asking you to help solve the problems.

ALL I said that blacks "need" to do is begin the honest conversation by giving their perspective of the problems.
You say I am being racist because I simply asked a question.
Maybe you do not understand the question?
Maybe you do not like the question?
Maybe you do not want to look at that question?
Why?
Grandpa Joe

Harrodsburg, KY

#74736 Sep 11, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
This should be good.
We start by accepting the truth, and that is all of us. The people who can be the most effective are responsible black men. The most productive way would be to help a Kid, one at a time. Parents should teach responsibility. Black folk can encourage any and all methods of curbing crime in their neighborhoods, and that includes stop and frisk. Black folk can turn their anger about racial profiling toward those that cause it, the black criminal.

Above all, black young people should be encouraged to believe that success is possible, but it will come to those who are educated and motivated.

An example: Holder is suing the state of Louisiana over school vouchers. Vouchers in that state are being used by black parents who wish to get their children out of failing schools. It is working for those kids. Let Obama know that vouchers are good for inner city kids whose parents want more for their children. Tell him that playing politics and sucking up to the teacher's union is hurting black kids, and if vouchers continue to be ignored, vote for a candidate who is not a Democrat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sanford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 11 min Go Blue Forever 2,985
Carlton Palms Abuse Article Is Very Good (Nov '12) 1 hr Tweety22 19
What About Lake Sheriff Borders? (Nov '11) 2 hr Jeremy 570
Heroin (May '13) 12 hr nodsquad 7
Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) Mon Morrocan 2,140
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) Mon Liberal forever 2,526
America full of racists idiots (Jul '13) Mon neveratfault 62

Sanford Jobs

Sanford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Sanford News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Sanford

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]