Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66306 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Pompano Jack

Niceville, FL

#68700 Jul 16, 2013
[QUOTE who="H.A.F."]He should have never left the f___ing car! It's his fault Trayvon is dead! He pursued an individual that he was told not to apprehend by an official 911 dispatch officer!
:Reenactment: He walked up on an unsuspecting Martin that probably spun around and whipped Zimmerman's ass and that is when Zimmerman unsheathed the weapon and fired shot.:Reenactment over:
The point is that a young thug lost his life and Zimmerman is accountable for that.
[/QUOTE]

a. He didn't use 911

b. Martin was not unsuspecting...he discussed it real time on cell phone

c. Self defense laws exist...Zimmerman is not accountable.

d. Fault. The jury, and the law, said "not guilty"

e. Emotion. Change the law if you don't like it.
Woof

La Salle, IL

#68711 Jul 16, 2013
UNhyphenated American wrote:
<quoted text>
2. Slave blood as you know is the 'down for the struggle blood' as the racist Jesse J. said and BTW,your messiah has none of it. 3. Hyphenated-Amerikans indeed have blood compatible with creepy ass crackas.
I think Jesse J. should worry about his son, daughter-in-law and the care of his grandchildren. After all he and she is off to jail.
whiterabbit

Point Pleasant, WV

#68712 Jul 16, 2013
Pompano Jack wrote:
[QUOTE who="H.A.F."]He should have never left the f___ing car! It's his fault Trayvon is dead! He pursued an individual that he was told not to apprehend by an official 911 dispatch officer!
:Reenactment: He walked up on an unsuspecting Martin that probably spun around and whipped Zimmerman's ass and that is when Zimmerman unsheathed the weapon and fired shot.:Reenactment over:
The point is that a young thug lost his life and Zimmerman is accountable for that.
"

a. He didn't use 911

b. Martin was not unsuspecting...he discussed it real time on cell phone

c. Self defense laws exist...Zimmerman is not accountable.

d. Fault. The jury, and the law, said "not guilty"

e. Emotion. Change the law if you don't like it.
They won't change it. But God exist. True judgement.
Woof

La Salle, IL

#68713 Jul 16, 2013
incredulous wrote:
<quoted text> Eric Holder should be removed from office immediately. I can't believe his horrendous racist actions are tolerated.
He serves at the whims of the president so no such thing.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#68716 Jul 16, 2013
[/QUOTE]Probably....Maybe....W hat if?.......
Truth

Rome, GA

#68717 Jul 16, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly which side are you on?
We been trying to tell Azz all along that Zimmerman had the right to pop that cap. About time she came around.
Truth

Rome, GA

#68718 Jul 16, 2013
endeavor wrote:
<quoted text>What little I could stand watching the state buffoons, they looked like fools.
Absolutely.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#68719 Jul 16, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey there idiot, what would be the probable cause to do the toxicology report on Zimmerman?
The shooting moron. In fact, it is standard procedure in most jurisdictions.

Zimmerman was under the influence of two drugs at the time. Both drugs cause aggression. By being under the influence he was in violation of the laws governing his concealed weapon's permit.

He was not legally armed at the time.

Martin family will clean up in civil court just on that fact alone.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#68720 Jul 16, 2013
Bluntforce wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah!! You got the facts straight on that. Did you hear about the World Trade Center? That was an inside job by Dick Cheney. And the moon landing? Done on a movie lot in California. Don't tell anyone, but I hear FEMA has these camps that they are sending undesirables to. Shhhhhh.....
90 degree shot pretty much requires both persons to be standing and both persons to be holding still and there to be adequate distance between the two so that the gun may not be grabbed by the victim.

Quit pretending Zimmerman was the victim. He is a coward, a liar, and a murderer and I am willing to say that to his face whether he is armed or unarmed.
incredulous

Carmel, IN

#68721 Jul 16, 2013
[/QUOTE]You are a liar. He did not 'pursue'. He contacted a non emergency number about someone who looked suspicious...who happened to be high on pot. Someone said earlier Martin had liver damaged which is indicative of mixing skittles, cough syrup and tea to make lean. So it sounds like the kid had some mental issues if he was a cough syrup abuser and pothead. His paranoid behavior might have caused him to ambush Zimmerman but we know for a FACT Zimmerman could not have 'walked' up to Martin. It was dark and Martin's pig faced girlfriend claimed he was afraid of the 'white creepy ass cracker' so clearly he would have remained in the shadows of darkness. Martin chose to make himself known by ambushing Zimmerman by knocking him to the ground. While on top of Zimmerman, he was shot. The young thug was culled from the herd of racist thugs before he committed any more crimes. He had quite a rap list already at only 17.'Found' jewelry, indeed.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#68723 Jul 16, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such a fcuking idiot, a toxicology report is not done unless there is obvious drug use. Fact is that during the post they found pot in Martin's blood stream. Now, please quote the departmental policy or general order that would require that toxicology report.
Or a violent crime, or a fight, and in many cases a car crash.

Given the fact that Zimmerman was under the influence, shot someone, ignored police personnel, and was in pursuit the entire time, they had more than enough probable cause to force him to pee in the bottle or take blood from him. In fact, it is grounds for termination that they didn't.
incredulous

Carmel, IN

#68725 Jul 16, 2013
Bluntforce wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah!! You got the facts straight on that. Did you hear about the World Trade Center? That was an inside job by Dick Cheney. And the moon landing? Done on a movie lot in California. Don't tell anyone, but I hear FEMA has these camps that they are sending undesirables to. Shhhhhh.....
The FEMA camps are called WELFARE. Housing, food, clothing, child care, education.....the whole nine yards. It imprisons the stupid but empowers the govt.
incredulous

Carmel, IN

#68726 Jul 16, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>I've seen him try being calming to NAACP....Can you prove any of that?...Not ready to abandon the black race as a whole, okay?
Abandon the black race? What are you talking about? The NAACP is nothing more than legalized racism.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#68727 Jul 16, 2013
cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Evenin' MR/MS CatholicPatriot....
Do you know anything about guns?....Now, I don't believe(I may be wrong)that there was any testimony about poder burs on Trayvons sweatshirt, t-shirt or skin but at that close encounter, chances are that the barrel was pressed against Trayvon's chest..Now, you can do a little experiment...You can use your finger,pencil or what ever while getting your ass kicked(Hey, I won't argue, GZ is a Pussy) and tell me how straight your aim is....
Would you hold still when a man has a gun pressed up against your chest?

Careful, if you answer you think Martin would have been forced to hold still, then Zimmerman had no justification to pull the trigger. If you think Martin wouldn't hold still, then the 90 degree angle is impossible. You lose either way.

Zimmerman claimed he shot Martin during the fight and that Martin went for his gun. Once again, that is discredited by the 90 degree angle of the wound.
Mem

Burnt Hills, NY

#68729 Jul 16, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
We been trying to tell Azz all along that Zimmerman had the right to pop that cap. About time she came around.
What's right about killing someone? I would never sit here and justify what T. Martin did. The right thing for him to do would have been to get home as fast as he could. The right thing for GZ to do would have been to stay in his car and keep his distance to protect himself. If I were in that situation I would have kept my distance. Would you have stayed in your car?
incredulous

Carmel, IN

#68731 Jul 16, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
90 degree shot pretty much requires both persons to be standing and both persons to be holding still and there to be adequate distance between the two so that the gun may not be grabbed by the victim.
Quit pretending Zimmerman was the victim. He is a coward, a liar, and a murderer and I am willing to say that to his face whether he is armed or unarmed.
Wow, you are a dumb as a stump because there was an expert with decades of experience who does this kind of thing every day who said Martin was on top of Zimmerman when shot. Seriously, are you really so stupidly racist that you can't face the truth?
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#68732 Jul 16, 2013
cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm, you do know that the Judge is Female too, yes???
Face it, it was a meeting of two idiot "Wannabe's"...GZ, A fat little wannabe cop...TM, a young wannabe punk ass thug...Get over it, had it been 6 Black men who aquitted him(and I believe, if race was left out) and they went strictly on facts, they would have came to the same conclusion, then people like you would be calling them "Uncle Toms"....How do you scream online??
Yes I do. One of those female to female hostility issues I think.

I think the defense attorney was playing on that possibility when he got confrontational with the judge.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#68735 Jul 16, 2013
Toby wrote:
When you double down and put all your eggs into one basket, you don't get to complain when you lose it all. Manslaughter and second degree murder was a real long shot considering that the only two eyewitnesses said they saw Trayvon Martin on top of Zimmerman, and that leaves the question, why would Trayvon Martin be the one wailing for help if in fact he was on top of Zimmerman?
Actually, there are other charges the state could file against Zimmerman without violating double jeopardy.

Illegal possession of a firearm resulting in death is one such charge.
Patriot

Mexico

#68741 Jul 16, 2013
Sparkle_is_stripper wrote:
now the responsible thing to do is to take a long hard look at the gun laws that allowed zipperman to murder an innocent child and get off the hook
Ive already done just that! Hallelujah! The law would cover me too if some savage hoodlum jumped out of the darkness one rainy night and tried to kill me! Maybe that is why I carry 2 45 cal handguns and know how to use them. Well in your case you could jump open wide and enjoy! hahaha You cant rape a willing victim!
Mem

Burnt Hills, NY

#68742 Jul 16, 2013
incredulous wrote:
<quoted text>You are a liar. He did not 'pursue'. He contacted a non emergency number about someone who looked suspicious...who happened to be high on pot. Someone said earlier Martin had liver damaged which is indicative of mixing skittles, cough syrup and tea to make lean. So it sounds like the kid had some mental issues if he was a cough syrup abuser and pothead. His paranoid behavior might have caused him to ambush Zimmerman but we know for a FACT Zimmerman could not have 'walked' up to Martin. It was dark and Martin's pig faced girlfriend claimed he was afraid of the 'white creepy ass cracker' so clearly he would have remained in the shadows of darkness. Martin chose to make himself known by ambushing Zimmerman by knocking him to the ground. While on top of Zimmerman, he was shot. The young thug was culled from the herd of racist thugs before he committed any more crimes. He had quite a rap list already at only 17.'Found' jewelry, indeed.
But he had to have gotten out of his car unless you're saying that T. Martin attacked him in his car. He should have stayed in his car to protect himself. That would have made the most sense. There was no need for him to follow after T. Martin. I heard the tape of GZ's call and he said T. Martin was running and the operator asked GZ if he was following and indeed he was and the operator said there was no need. Why would GZ leave the safety of his vehicle to follow T. Martin? Do you feel that was wise? Couldn't he have driven to meet to police and never exited his vehicle?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sanford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Taxpayer funded perversion 4 hr The Peoples Media 16
Mark Matovina Port Orange Dec 9 Hate Bigmouths 2
Canon XA30 and FCP X-Import Canon XA30 AVCHD fi... (Apr '16) Dec 7 kunta 3
News Sanford shooting victim identified (Apr '07) Dec 6 Amanda 98
Law enforcement caught Nov 27 The Peoples Media 33
Local Politics Do you approve of John C. Masiarczyk, Sr. as Ma... (May '14) Nov 26 Fitius T Bluster 7
News Official: Blight battle in Deltona needs reside... Nov 26 Fitius T Bluster 3

Sanford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sanford Mortgages