Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66307 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#63280 Jun 29, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Following a suspicious person is not starting the confrontation.
Standing in front of a person on a sidewalk between him and his house is starting a confrontation.

Putting your hands out and grabbing them is an assault.

Location hidden

#63281 Jun 29, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
If you listen you can hear him stop after told that "they don't need him to do that".
If he stopped, he would have been twenty feet from the front of his car.

And he continued to chase after Martin after he was told (and he agreed he would not) to wait for the cops en route.

Location hidden

#63282 Jun 29, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you better get down to court and tell the prosecution you have this evidence that Zimmerman started the confrontation.
Just after you prove that the pedophile only followed Martin for no more than ten seconds.

I guess you keep forgetting you told us that.

Location hidden

#63284 Jun 29, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
You keep mentioning his supposed pedophilia, convicting him without a trial.
He was arrested for being a pedophile, he was arrested for shooting this boy in the chest.

As far as being a child molester, we have the word of his cousin and we have his word.

And we are absolutely certain that the pedophile zimmerman is- above all other charges- a liar.

You don't want to pretend he ain't?
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#63286 Jun 29, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
He was arrested for being a pedophile, he was arrested for shooting this boy in the chest.
As far as being a child molester, we have the word of his cousin and we have his word.
And we are absolutely certain that the pedophile zimmerman is- above all other charges- a liar.
I know now that you will be vigilant on black on white crime. Am I right? Will you reach out for all justice? For all the victims that we never read or hear about. But they are there. Lots of pretending going on by lots of people I tell you.

Location hidden

#63287 Jun 29, 2013
Heydrich wrote:
My question is why are most Negroes criminal ??
My question is: why does Topix (and their owners, Gannett & McClatchy and Tribune Companies) continue to post the bigoted rantings of the anonymous posting of proxie cowards such as yourself?
Hmmm

Marianna, FL

#63288 Jun 29, 2013
Heydrich wrote:
My question is why are most Negroes criminal ?? Most Negro males will get arrested for somthing and the ones whom are murdered will be murdered my other Negro males. The next question is why does the Negro stink,,,yes they stink. If your eyes are closed and a Negro is near,,,you can tell that the stinking person is a Negro. This is not a racist question but a fact,,,the Negro stinks. Next question,,,why canīt most Negros speak English ?? You would think they would have learned English by now.
does the name Shawn Custis come to mind?
Truth

Rome, GA

#63289 Jun 29, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Sadly there are racists on both sides.

My problem with this whole trial is that it is very obvious that they overcharged Zimmerman. I am not familiar with Florida law but he very well may get away with the whole thing.
He definitely should.
Truth

Rome, GA

#63290 Jun 29, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it is clear Zimmerman started the confrontation. seems he is responsible for its outcome then...
You might want to let the state know because they already said they can't prove Zimmerman started the fight.
Truth

Rome, GA

#63291 Jun 29, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>The 200 pound pedophile had the 160 pound boy in his grasp.

Ever try to run with a 200 pound butterball attached?

Martin wasn't chasing the pedophile, the pedophile was chasing Martin.

Martin didn't assault the pedophile next to the his truck, the pedophile assaulted Martin over a block away on the sidewalk in front of the boy's house.
Wrong again. He wasn't 200 hundred pound on that night. You want us to believe the short guy ran down and caught the football player. LOL. Only an idiot would believe that.
Truth

Rome, GA

#63292 Jun 29, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Try to see beyond your racist bigotry- instead of the pedophile killing a black boy, pretend it was a white boy instead.

For me: it would make absolutely no difference.
Me either. Not guilty self defense.
Inspector Beaver

New York, NY

#63293 Jun 29, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious?? The dog eatin' asian squats boy is still here.
I would have thought he would have run out of dogs to eat by now.
Yes, I am serious,...I been popping in from time to time and Squats is a big time cattle rancher on the Island now....He been breedin' dog and fattenin' himself up.

He still got the vocabulary of an amoeba, and just like any single-cell organism he's got a one track mind.
Truth

Rome, GA

#63294 Jun 29, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, it is of a FAT SHORT RACIST TURD who flunked out of community college and could get a job as a cop so got a job under the table as a bouncer and got fired from that- a failure who decided the closest he could ever be to being a cop is annoying the loacl PD as a volunteer.

And he couldn't even do THAT right, violating the terms and conditions of the Neighborhood Watch that he pretended to be a "captain" of.

So we have a SHORT fat racist turd who see's a black boy cutting though "HIS" neighborhood and the short fat racist cop wannabe decides **HE** is going to show the local PD how *HE'D* handle it.

And prove all the people who saw him as the unemployed LOSER he was and is wrong.
Yet you forget he done this numerous times and was responsible for arrests in his community. Also not one time did he attempt to apprehend those suspects in those cases. You're welcome.
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#63295 Jun 29, 2013
2ND DEGREE MURDER....25 years to life.......MANSLAUGHTER....no more then 30 years. According to looking up his penalty for a guilty result. A conviction means he will see a minimum of 25 years since there is a 2ND DEGREE MURDER CHARGE and nothing else.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#63296 Jun 29, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it is of a FAT SHORT RACIST TURD who flunked out of community college and could get a job as a cop so got a job under the table as a bouncer and got fired from that- a failure who decided the closest he could ever be to being a cop is annoying the loacl PD as a volunteer.
And he couldn't even do THAT right, violating the terms and conditions of the Neighborhood Watch that he pretended to be a "captain" of.
So we have a SHORT fat racist turd who see's a black boy cutting though "HIS" neighborhood and the short fat racist cop wannabe decides **HE** is going to show the local PD how *HE'D* handle it.
And prove all the people who saw him as the unemployed LOSER he was and is wrong.
barefoot2626 is one creepy-ass cracker. It just bothers people when you project ghetto on people when the demoKrats still have you in chains you ignorant idiot.

Ghetto is not a Republican invention you creepy-ass cracker.... Ghetto is a man made demokratic disaster...

It's the culture...
Truth

Rome, GA

#63297 Jun 29, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>They are the people breaking into homes in that complex. What's wrong with "they?"

Defending oneself with a firearm is not a car accident. Years ago, innocent people felt victimized not only by their assailants, but by the laws as well. If you defended yourself with a firearm, you could face charges for protecting yourself and end up in jail. If you didn't protect yourself, you could be beaten to death or killed.

The outrage of innocent people and concerned politicians changed all that. They began giving more rights to the innocent than the criminal. The results are that gun violence and violent crime in general on a decline since the mid 90s, and continues to decline today.

In my state of Ohio, we recently enacted the Castle Doctrine. Our Castle Doctrine states that you have every right to use deadly force against an intruder. It also protects the homeowner from civil suits. Before our Castle Doctrine, you were obligated to leave your home if there was any escape out of your home when an intruder broke in. If you couldn't leave your home and killed the intruder, you were technically arrested and had to go to court to prove your innocence. Even after that, the family of the intruder could still sue you, or the intruder could sue you if you didn't kill him, or perhaps if he slipped on a rubber ball that your child left in the living room and hurt himself.

The point is you can't penalize people for defending themselves even if they took a life(s). That puts us back at square one where law abiding people are at the disadvantage of the criminal. The bad guys are out to get them, and the good guys are out to get them.
There is obviously criminals on here that want law abiding citizens at a disadvantage.
Truth

Rome, GA

#63298 Jun 29, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>He was arrested for being a pedophile, he was arrested for shooting this boy in the chest.

Never arrested for a sex crime. Try getting real facts. So far the evidence supports his statement. Think I will go with his word since the evidence fits.
Inspector Beaver

New York, NY

#63299 Jun 29, 2013
Kennny D wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you are the RACIST and I'd imagine, have a 2nd or third grade education from the Klu Klux Klan Elementary School of the Alabama Swamplands ....
From the way you talk / write ; I'm wondering if you have ever held a legal JOB a day in your life , I seriously doubt it ....
Just so you know ; when I was working with the churches ; I NEVER took one dime for any of my services ...
I look at the FACTS in the case ; not just the color of a person's skin ... and like I said before ... IF Mr. Zimmerman had followed the rules and his training ; and did not follow, did not confront, and did not have a loaded weapon ..He would not be on trial today .
lol...I am not a racist, and a real Reverend would never accuse me of being a racist. Your bias in the face of the facts and the evidence that hs been released so far is unquestionable. no reasonable God fearing person would libel an innocent man whose life hangs in the balance by people like Al Sharpton, Rachel Jeantel, Sabrinna Fulton, Benjamin Crump, and the rest of the Black leadership and the bloodsuckers and the lynch mob.

Face it, you are the one who is racist, and vile, and willing to throw an innocent man under the bus because of the overwhelming racism that exists in your congregation,...because all you can do is nurture it...Sure beats working for a living, eh?

You are a coward and an abomination in the eyes of the Lord....and not once have you condemned the overwhelming amount of black on white murder,...yet you focus in on a white man who was defending himself against a brutal attack by a black man and was forced to shoot him in order to save his own life.

But I'm not a cruel cold hearted vindictive person like you are, so I shall pray for the deliverence of your soul.
Patriot

Oaxaca, Mexico

#63302 Jun 29, 2013
Check out this blk on wht crime and tell me this sob don't need a bullet?
http://video.foxnews.com/v/2510130453001/do-m...

Since: Jun 13

Carthage, TN

#63303 Jun 29, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sanford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Law enforcement caught 8 hr Hank 3
News Michael Rudisill, Sanford attorney, appointed j... (Jun '09) Aug 15 Mapgar38 32
Lcso same ol double standard (Jan '17) Aug 14 Hank 28
Workin man blues Aug 11 Hank 3
What About Lake Sheriff Borders? (Nov '11) Aug 11 The Peoples Media 1,105
White people are devils! Aug 8 KillerIsMyCat 10
News Seminole County to lay off at least 60 (May '09) Aug 8 American Hero 259

Sanford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sanford Mortgages