Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66309 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Angered American

Rochester, MN

#62496 Jun 26, 2013
Mr Z did the right thing, defended his self against a street thug
Fort Lauderdale

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#62500 Jun 26, 2013
STARANGEL 20 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't live in Florida but no one wants to live in a bad neighborhood or have their hard earned possessions stolen. Who honestly would want their home to be broken into?
t
That's not the point. Trayvon Martin was not a thief and he wasn't acting suspicious. He was right outside his father's fiance's home. He didn't steal the Arizona drink or the Skittles and he didn't confront nor bother anyone. He was unarmed and speaking with a friend on his cell. He had every right to be where he was and GZ had no right to follow and spy on him. GZ has a history of paranoia and has had a restraining order taken out on him. Once he resisted arrest...a history of violence.
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/03/27/10...
Please look at Zimmerman's picture and see if he doesn't look like a suspicious person to you.
Thank you
I must strongly disagree but appreciate your view on the case.. I have witnessed to many crimes happening here in south Florida. So yes i can admit that i am bias.. Based on data and evidence that supports my realization not paranoia of today's young black culture.

Its sad that trayvon did fit the description of recent burglary suspects and George felt he had a responsibility to be alert and he acted on it. The whole LEGAL argument is leading up to how can the state prove that George confronted and attacked Trayvon.

I understand that we all have our own personal beliefs.. I am not racist but i do see the ongoing problem within the black community just as i see the ongoing problem with whites committing pedophilia.

Majority of cases that involve violence,and burglary are committed by blacks. So i am not surprised that tryavon attacked Zimmerman,,especially after hearing the states star witness say that trayvon said this creepy ass cracker is looking at me..
DangerousRiteWin gCrusader

Atlanta, GA

#62502 Jun 26, 2013
Fort Lauderdale wrote:
I believe the defense will impeach the states star witness. She has doomed herself by having a lack of comprehension skills and flat out lying
Well, impeaching this witness means $h1t anyway. Cornerstone of Zimmerman attorney's opening statement has already been impeached!

_Zimmerman side claim self-defense because, they say, George shot Trayvon to stop the "brutal banging" of the skull of Zimmerman on the concrete path by Martin. Big F_ckng Lie!

_ Yesterday, State has introduced in evidence pictures of Martin's dead body on the grass, 6 to 12 feet away from concrete path. So, how did Trayvon's body get that far from concrete if George said he had to slide from under Martin's body to get up, as Travon was straddling him?

_ To believe Trayvon was on top on George when he got shot in the heart, you must also believe that Zimmerman was able to carry the dead body 6 to 12 feet from concrete path to the grass, were Trayvon's body was found..... or that piece of concrete George is talking about is still hidden in his lying ass????
yuck

United States

#62504 Jun 26, 2013
STARANGEL 20 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't live in Florida but no one wants to live in a bad neighborhood or have their hard earned possessions stolen. Who honestly would want their home to be broken into?
t
That's not the point. Trayvon Martin was not a thief and he wasn't acting suspicious. He was right outside his father's fiance's home. He didn't steal the Arizona drink or the Skittles and he didn't confront nor bother anyone. He was unarmed and speaking with a friend on his cell. He had every right to be where he was and GZ had no right to follow and spy on him. GZ has a history of paranoia and has had a restraining order taken out on him. Once he resisted arrest...a history of violence.
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/03/27/10...
Please look at Zimmerman's picture and see if he doesn't look like a suspicious person to you.
Thank you
trayvon..aka THUG...was a damn thief...he had got expelled from school for stealing...remember the womans jewelry and screwdriver (and pot) in his back pack thats why mammy was fed up with his thug ass and sent him to diddys house. thug was probably going to do a little robbing that night and gearge stopped him...GEORGE DESERVES A MEDAL.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#62505 Jun 26, 2013
Fort Lauderdale wrote:
<quoted text>And i have no sympathy for a young man who was living like a wannabe thug. Those photos of his body shown yesterday are a good example of what happens when you act like a thug. He should have never attacked a "creepy ass cracker"
That is hearsay because Trayvon Martin did well in school, was polite to one and all and 95 % of the kids in this country wear hoodies and buy Skittles and Arizona drinks.

Martin had a 3.8 grade point average. He was far from a hood of any kind.

He didn't look suspicious in the 7/11 and no one had ever tried to profile him prior to Zimmerman.

Was Martin an angel? Of course not but he he didn't start anything..he was minding his own business when Zimmerman went after him with a gun.
yuck

United States

#62506 Jun 26, 2013
DangerousRiteWingCrusader wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, impeaching this witness means $h1t anyway. Cornerstone of Zimmerman attorney's opening statement has already been impeached!
_Zimmerman side claim self-defense because, they say, George shot Trayvon to stop the "brutal banging" of the skull of Zimmerman on the concrete path by Martin. Big F_ckng Lie!
_ Yesterday, State has introduced in evidence pictures of Martin's dead body on the grass, 6 to 12 feet away from concrete path. So, how did Trayvon's body get that far from concrete if George said he had to slide from under Martin's body to get up, as Travon was straddling him?
_ To believe Trayvon was on top on George when he got shot in the heart, you must also believe that Zimmerman was able to carry the dead body 6 to 12 feet from concrete path to the grass, were Trayvon's body was found..... or that piece of concrete George is talking about is still hidden in his lying ass????
SO WHEN THEY WERE FIGHTING...I GUESS THEY STAYED IN THE SAME SPOT??? anyone with half a brain would know that they were rolling around and thats why thug was a foot away from the side walk...actually i think the defense is proving their case very well...but we dont expect people like you to use common sense...thats just a white person thing...we know you people dont have common sense.thats why there are none of you on the jury....your welcome.

Location hidden

#62507 Jun 26, 2013
Fort Lauderdale wrote:
<quoted text> I must strongly disagree but appreciate your view on the case.. I have witnessed to many crimes happening here in south Florida. So yes i can admit that i am bias.. Based on data and evidence that supports my realization not paranoia of today's young black culture.
Its sad that trayvon did fit the description of recent burglary suspects and George felt he had a responsibility to be alert and he acted on it. The whole LEGAL argument is leading up to how can the state prove that George confronted and attacked Trayvon.
I understand that we all have our own personal beliefs.. I am not racist but i do see the ongoing problem within the black community just as i see the ongoing problem with whites committing pedophilia.
Majority of cases that involve violence,and burglary are committed by blacks. So i am not surprised that tryavon attacked Zimmerman,,especially after hearing the states star witness say that trayvon said this creepy ass cracker is looking at me..
I believe the majority of thefts and some other crimes are perpetrated by minority groups. No argument there. However there is not one shred of evidence that TM went after GZ, in fact all the evidence points to just the opposite.

Location hidden

#62508 Jun 26, 2013
Wish I could continue discussion but must leave for a while. BBL
Thanks

Atlanta, GA

#62510 Jun 26, 2013
yuck wrote:
<quoted text>SO WHEN THEY WERE FIGHTING...I GUESS THEY STAYED IN THE SAME SPOT??? anyone with half a brain would know that they were rolling around and thats why thug was a foot away from the side walk...actually i think the defense is proving their case very well...but we dont expect people like you to use common sense...thats just a white person thing...we know you people dont have common sense.thats why there are none of you on the jury....your welcome.
Not 1 foot away from concrete path.

1. Pictures presented as evidence, yesterday, have depicted Martin's body at 6 to 12 feet away from concrete (Trayvon's feet at over 6 feet away and his head at over 12 feet away from concrete)

2. If you are not another Fox News liar, please direct us to any piece of evidence showing Martin's body at 1 foot from pavement

3. Also, evidence show Martin's hands were guarding his chest wound and the whimpering cry had stopped after the shot; so, there was no more fighting after the shot to the heart, thus no (12-foot rolling) after the shot....

Please respond with facts.

Blue_Eye_Gemini

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#62514 Jun 26, 2013
leggy wrote:
filthy, lying blonde slut.
Who heard the wet grass?
How does one hear wet grass? I couldn't figure out what she meant by that. What does wet grass sound like?
Shame

Burbank, IL

#62515 Jun 26, 2013
What was that
DOA

Morgantown, KY

#62516 Jun 26, 2013
Trayvor, with a sucking chest wound and blood running out of his sorry azz. A dead one is a good one.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#62518 Jun 26, 2013
STARANGEL 20 wrote:
Wish I could continue discussion but must leave for a while. BBL
Thanks
Have to toss your cell, do they?.....

Atlanta, GA

#62519 Jun 26, 2013
yuck wrote:
<quoted text>trayvon..aka THUG...was a damn thief...he had got expelled from school for stealing...remember the womans jewelry and screwdriver (and pot) in his back pack thats why mammy was fed up with his thug ass and sent him to diddys house. thug was probably going to do a little robbing that night and gearge stopped him...GEORGE DESERVES A MEDAL.
Black criminals usually end up in prison anyway. We don't need vigilantes to kill young Negroes for future crimes they may end up committing!

_If Obama was born in the mainland, another Zimmerman would have already shot him like he did to Martin...

I see how T-Bagrz and Fox News folks think; they even do it to Obama.

They attack, even slaughter male Negroes, then go after their character using guilt by association

_ Young male Negroes, Endangered species in America, targeted by powerful Media like Fox News and their viewers and powerful politicians like T-party leaders and their supporters....

Location hidden

#62520 Jun 26, 2013
You sure?....We could call it, Pre-Emptive Law Enforcement.......

Atlanta, GA

#62521 Jun 26, 2013
leggy wrote:
<quoted text>
He was a proven thief:
In October, a school police investigator said he saw Trayvon on the school surveillance camera in an unauthorized area “hiding and being suspicious.” Then he said he saw Trayvon mark up a door with “W.T.F”— an acronym for “what the f---.” The officer said he found Trayvon the next day and went through his book bag in search of the graffiti marker.
Instead the officer reported he found women’s jewelry and a screwdriver that he described as a “burglary tool,” according to a Miami-Dade Schools Police report obtained by The Miami Herald. Word of the incident came as the family’s lawyer acknowledged that the boy was suspended in February for getting caught with an empty bag with traces of marijuana, which he called “irrelevant” and an attempt to demonize a victim.
Trayvon’s backpack contained 12 pieces of jewelry, in addition to a watch and a large flathead screwdriver, according to the report, which described silver wedding bands and earrings with diamonds.
Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/26/2714778...
Do you wander around in the rain a lot? Me, i head inside where it's dry.
Well, have you heard of Darrell Issa, the GOP crook who's been accusing Obama of all kind $h1t?

_Darrell Issa has been arrested several times for thing like car theft, arson and other stuff, but had a Zimmerman shot young (White) Issa to prevent future crimes, would society be kind to that Zimmerman?

Or are you and Fox News just proclaiming your full support for the systematic extermination of young Negroes in America?

Atlanta, GA

#62522 Jun 26, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
You sure?....We could call it, Pre-Emptive Law Enforcement.......
I hope a young Negro save your ass next time Bubba try to plug your tail with his huge tool...

Location hidden

#62523 Jun 26, 2013
<quoted text>
I hope a young Negro save your ass next time Bubba try to plug your tail with his huge tool...
Geez....Georgia explains alot....
Inspector Beaver

Cuba City, WI

#62524 Jun 26, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Have to toss your cell, do they?.....
Time for his meds...
Inspector Beaver

Cuba City, WI

#62527 Jun 26, 2013
<quoted text>
You're part of the culture, you got it in for Zimmerman because he represents authority, because he worked with the police, and we all know how you guys feel about the police. Admit it!....you're willing to see an innocent man go to prison because you don't like him....sure, he might be an assho!e, maybe, but that's a far cry from being a murderer.

I don't want to see an innocent man go to prison, black, white, or brown!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sanford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Heroin (May '13) Nov 30 girlyorlando67 41
Tyler swift is out of jail.scum scum scum. Nov 30 Bobcat 1
What About Lake Sheriff Borders? (Nov '11) Nov 30 Jeremy 891
News Expert: Deltona civility ordinance would 'lend ... Nov 25 Lucy 1
Trump's Extended 15 Minutes of Fame Are Up Nov 25 Lucy 2
Thanksgiving! Nov 24 Rella485 1
what do you think of this scum Tyler Swift Aka ... Nov 21 The real Deal 1

Sanford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance