Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66308 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#61927 Jun 22, 2013
Looks like there is some actual commonsense being applied in the Zimmerman Trial.

Judge: No Audio Testimony in Zimmerman Trial

By KYLE HIGHTOWER Associated Press

SANFORD, Fla. June 22, 2013 (AP)

The judge in the murder trial of George Zimmerman said Friday that prosecution audio experts who point to Trayvon Martin as screaming on a 911 calls moments before he was killed won't be allowed to testify at trial.

Judge Debra Nelson's written ruling was released Saturday. She had heard argument during a multiday hearing on whether to allow testimony from two prosecution experts. One expert ruled out Zimmerman as the screamer and another said it was Martin. A defense expert argued there was not enough audio to determine who the screams are coming from. Zimmerman's attorneys also argued that the state experts' analysis is flawed.

Opening statements are set for Monday in the second-degree murder trial for the former neighborhood watch volunteer who says he fired on the unarmed black teenager in self-defense last year. Zimmerman is pleading not guilty.

The screams are crucial pieces of evidence because they could determine who the aggressor was in the confrontation. Martin's family contends it was the teen screaming, while Zimmerman's father has said it was his son.

Audio experts from both sides testified at different times since the admissibility hearing started last month. Voice experts were hired by lawyers and news organizations to analyze the calls, which were made during the confrontation between the two. The experts arrived at mixed conclusions.

In deciding whether to admit the voice-recognition technology used by prosecution audio expert Tom Owen, Nelson had to determine whether it is too novel or whether it has been accepted by the scientific community at-large.

Owen was hired by the Orlando Sentinel last year to compare a voice sample of Zimmerman with screams for help captured on 911 calls made by neighbors. He said Zimmerman's voice doesn't match the screams. He only compared Zimmerman's voice to the 911 calls because he didn't have a voice sample for Martin at the time.

"The screams don't match at all," Owen testified during the hearing. "That's what tells me the screams aren't George Zimmerman."

Owen also testified that remarks Zimmerman made in a conversation with a police dispatcher aren't a racial slur. He testified Zimmerman said, "These f------ punks."

Expert Alan Reich testified in a report for prosecutors that the screams on the 911 tapes were from Martin and the defense does not want him to testify at trial.

Reich's analysis also picked up words that other experts couldn't find. They include the words, "This shall be" from Zimmerman and "I'm begging you" from Martin.

In contrast, a British audio expert testified for the defense that it would be extremely difficult to analyze voices by comparing screaming to a normal voice.

"I've never come across a case in my 13 years where anybody's tried to compare screaming to a normal voice," said audio expert Peter French.

A second audio expert for the defense, George Doddington, also criticized prosecution experts who said Friday that screams and pleas on a 911 recording likely belonged to Martin.

"It's all ridiculous," Doddington said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/judge-audi...
nice school boy

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#61928 Jun 22, 2013
Come on zazz,,, give it the ol college try,,, have a debate with xxxrayted or one of the other brilliant post who raises excellent points.
Continue to float through your hateful life in fairy tale land. You have no issue with the ongoing black n black violence . You never accept any facts when it pertains to the Black community.

Can you post some facts about the good that Blacks do.

All they do is leech off the system,fill our prisons,bring property values down,bring the crime rate up,spread the HIV aids disease,terrorize innocent people,and sell drugs. Please spare me the over paid athletes and hip hop artist who are brainwashing the black youths.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#61931 Jun 22, 2013
Jumping Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
That Zazz fool is not playing with a full deck of cards. Don't expect any logic or reason from him, there is none. He like so many other black people hate Zimmerman for doing in one of their low life people.
You are one of the few black men who love Zimmerman.
nice school boy

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#61932 Jun 22, 2013
Zazz why would Trayvon be screaming for help when he was the one beating George. Why are you ignoring eye witness accounts of what happened. Can you give any explanation to support your new made of crap theory to discredit the witness statement.

Why do you hate George so much.
EASY MONEY

Bangkok, Thailand

#61933 Jun 22, 2013
Nice school boy and XXXrayted are correct. Last weeked in Chicago 7 killed 30 wounded not one word from the black leaders anywhere in America, just why is that? Nothing from the black caucus in congress either. They all know that the ghetto black can never be anything more than what they are, trash! They can never be anymore than the scum of the earth, the most hated group of people that ever walked this earth. So as far as the black leadership,"choke gag", the only time the ghetto mean anything to them is when it's time for the votes. Other than that, let the fools kill each other.

Location hidden

#61934 Jun 22, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Snipped to leave room to respond.
Don't judge a book by it's cover...... or in this case, a judge by it's judge.
Reading further on this decision, it seems that Judge Debby has ulterior motives behind her decision. Had she allowed this junk science into evidence, it would almost guarantee a successful Zimmerman appeal. But since she ruled it out, any appeal by Zimmerman's defense team would be less effective .
On the outside, it looks like a plus for defense; and it is, provided a not guilty verdict is read. But if a guilty verdict is decided, then this ruling will be a negative for Zimmerman's defense team. MInd you that when you read anything positive on Zimmerman's side, remember that his judge has had a bias from day one.
I think the state has already turned the courtroom into a kangaroo court anyways which has benefited Zimmerman defense tremendously publically.

Location hidden

#61935 Jun 22, 2013
Slappy wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think zazz 'thinks' at all,...she weighs in excess of 350 lbs,...and she is probably one of those people who only have a bowel movement once every week,...very anal-retentive.
It's also a mammouth undertaking for her to even wipe her own ass after the fact,...this no doubt contributes to her irregularity....this, and also the fact that her boyfriend is not gonna wipe that big fat ass for her,...fat and ugly as it may be,...fat and ugly is one thing,...but even a black man will draw the line at wiping its sh!t,...I know of no black man who would wipe her big fat ass for her even though they don't care how ugly she is,... because it's one more white woman that they took from whitey,...and that is a trophy!
But imagine,... if you can, the poison that accumulates and becomes circulated throughout her humongous anal-retentive fatbody,...is it any wonder she can 'think' at all?
....think about it!....has she ever put forth, one,...just one,...intelligent thought?,...on anything?
How cute, you described yourself perfectly.
leggy

Arvada, CO

#61937 Jun 22, 2013
Patriot wrote:
Traygones cousin was killed in Washington DC. Police are investigating if skittles and watermelon tea were also involved!
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Man-D...
great news, one less Hussein Oblamer supporter. Looks like violent deaths run in the Martin family.

Location hidden

#61938 Jun 22, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Your made-up stories get more outrageous with each and every post. You must feel cornered or something like that. I guess in your mind, you had a much better view of the attack than John the witness who stated it was Zimmerman screaming for help.
==========

Isn't this the witness who the police "helped" make his statement? The man who later issued a corrected statement?

Location hidden

#61939 Jun 22, 2013
EASY MONEY wrote:
Nice school boy and XXXrayted are correct. Last weeked in Chicago 7 killed 30 wounded not one word from the black leaders anywhere in America, just why is that? Nothing from the black caucus in congress either. They all know that the ghetto black can never be anything more than what they are, trash! They can never be anymore than the scum of the earth, the most hated group of people that ever walked this earth. So as far as the black leadership,"choke gag", the only time the ghetto mean anything to them is when it's time for the votes. Other than that, let the fools kill each other.
So true.
nice school boy

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#61940 Jun 22, 2013
How can police help a witness make a statement. He either saw a guy in a red jacket getting beat screaming for help OR didnt.

What is the corrected statement for pete sakes

Location hidden

#61941 Jun 22, 2013
leggy wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually i did work in the ghetto this morning, were you the morbidly obese bald guy passed out on a park bench I saw? lmao
The one who paid you for a BJ?
nice school boy

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#61942 Jun 22, 2013
Zazz still betting on 25 to life.....
nice school boy

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#61943 Jun 22, 2013
Zazz,, can you offer any evidence to support your outrageous claim. I think xxxrayted did a beautiful job putting you in your place.

You cant even answer his simple questions.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#61944 Jun 22, 2013
*Update – Ruling Added* Zimmerman Trial: Judge Nelson orders Exclusion of State “Experts”

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2013/06/2...

Elbert Guillory[A Black Man]: "Why I Am a Republican"

Louisiana Senator Elbert Guillory (R-Opelousas) explains why he recently switched from the Democrat Party to the Republican Party. He discusses the history of the Republican Party, founded as an Abolitionist Movement in 1854. Guillory talks about how the welfare state is only a mechanism for politicians to control the black community.

nice school boy

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#61945 Jun 22, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
The one who paid you for a BJ?
unintelligent pointless post as usual.

Why would trayvon be screaming for help when he is overpowering George.

Why doesnt trayvon have any physical injuries if he was attacked.
leggy

Arvada, CO

#61946 Jun 22, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Don't know son. I guess I'll have to keep running, hiking and paddling like I normally do among other activities.
You talk pretty tough for a powder puff girl.
Running your flabby lips, Fartsack.

Location hidden

#61947 Jun 22, 2013
chris532008 wrote:
<quoted text> any tax on the wealthy or corporation will always be passed to the working people. other than the elimination of inheritence as the only means of taxation the problem will remain perpetually, talking of taxing the rich otherwise is idiotic, all tax is intended to separate workng persons from their labor, eliminate sociall programs and the burden can be cut more than 75%

==========

Corporate tax is based on the net income of the corporation. That means all costs have already been passed on to the consumer.

Most wealthy people don't work, they have passive income, which has many tax advantages not afforded the working class.
leggy

Arvada, CO

#61948 Jun 22, 2013
Unity wrote:
Witness 6 is strong ,,,i believe he is the one that saw trayvon on top of George throwing punches MMA style.
How can barefoot say that it was the recoil from the gun ,,,when a witness clearly saw george getting punched.
My gosh it was only a 9mm
That is one of the wackiest claims to date,, that the gun kick back caused the injuries to the front of Georges face..
Because the bareface fool is a big, fat liar and ignoramus? That would explain it.
leggy

Arvada, CO

#61949 Jun 22, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>Wouldn't the person being pummeled be busy saying ouch-ouch-ouch?
Opening arguments begin at 9PM Monday morning, the judge has ruled that the state can use the term, wannabe cop, and also the word profiled.
Be there or be square.
Yes, dumbass, the person being pummeled would be the one screaming, the first and likely last truth you'll ever utter on here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sanford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Heroin (May '13) Fri Elroy 57
What About Lake Sheriff Borders? (Nov '11) Apr 20 The Peoples Media 1,070
Indecent exposure @ Bank Of America Apr 20 Old Man 1
Terry (Jenna) cetto Apr 16 Ed bigg 1
News Brush fire causes evacuations, I-4 lane closure Apr 16 overit 1
News Winter Park bicyclist dies after collision with... (Sep '08) Apr 13 djdjdjdjdjfjgjghl... 112
News Maitland mortgage-lender Transland facing probe... (Dec '07) Apr 11 Anonymous 9

Sanford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sanford Mortgages